wattie exploited

Uche has had enough time to establish himself. It’s nonsense to suggest he is capable of becoming a decent forward. 

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wattie exploited

• GinRummy

• OldGorgie

• Locky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A_A wehatethehibs

No he is not good enough for starting #9 at a top 6 challenging for Europe Scottish Premiership side. But as fresh legs, 3rd choice striker / impact player he has the potential to be decent, under a manager who can coach him properly to use his physical strength better. I'm expecting Robbie Neilson will be getting his fitness levels up a level so maybe that will help Uche to improve a bit. 

Not good enough as far as I'm concerned and definitely not an SPL quality player.  He has had plenty of time and opportunity.  He doesn't seem to have much game intelligence and he lacks skill.    That said,  if we are in the Championship,  I'd be inclined to keep him for now as his battering ram approach off the bench or when some teams are trying to kick us off the park. 

2 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Uche has had enough time to establish himself. It’s nonsense to suggest he is capable of becoming a decent forward. 

He'll be playing at a lower level so there's no reason to think he can do worse than when in the Premier. He won't be up against old firm or Aberdeen type defenders in the Championship. Think he has a year left on his contract so if and when we do get back up, he'll likely be away for the start of the next Premier campaign.

Bindy Badgy

I want Uche to do well as he obviously works hard but, I think we need someone who is better.

29 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

I want Uche to do well as he obviously works hard but, I think we need someone who is better.

29 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

If only the big guy could stay on his feet instead of falling to the ground all the time. He should be a nightmare to play against but even when he gets fouled he goes down too easy and refs just ignore the fouls against him. 

Is a defensive target man. Needs quick players who know how to feed off him. Last season often felt like he was isolated up front.

Said before, get him off the books and also Wighton - 2 out, and bring 1 in 

Would leave us with a new striker, Naisy, Conor and Boycey - that’s more than enough in the forward department unless maybe Conor leaves, in which case replace him and only if it happens 

Uche in nearly every game: 

Runs straight at the defender

Falls over

There, that's it. He might do ok in the championship, if we stayed up I'd be hoping he'd get cashed in ASAP.

1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

Are you suggesting folk are wrong by saying Uche is more physical rather than technical? 

Who said I was saying anything?

Just saying.

5 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Said before, get him off the books and also Wighton - 2 out, and bring 1 in 

Would leave us with a new striker, Naisy, Conor and Boycey - that’s more than enough in the forward department unless maybe Conor leaves, in which case replace him and only if it happens 

The worry is that Naismith will spend most of the next season crocked. Same goes for Conor.

I still like Uche. He was poor for most of last season but most players were.

Get Robbie coaching him, build up his confidence and he will be a useful asset in the championship.

He is definately a threat and offers something that not just Hearts lack but the entire league lacks. I like him.

However, he will reek of the hippy and the loser and I want rid of every square inch of our loser past 3 years.

5 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

The worry is that Naismith will spend most of the next season crocked. Same goes for Conor.

Hmm. If Naisy gets another serious injury then that’s it 

Just need to wait and see what happens I guess.

Hopefully they both get a run in the side and they avoid injury this season. 

We are surely due a bit of good luck where this is concerned 

Smoked-Glass

Ya never know.. Maybe the refs will ref him different in lower division.. Rightly or wrongly but cud happen. 

Number of times he appeared to be fouled was laughable. 

HillmanHearts

I’m for sticking by him for a bit yet.

He never really got going at all last season with one thing or another.

It is a worry that he can’t seem to hold the ball in and lay it off with much consistency. 

But if Robbie can work on a few things with him, and if we do get some pace on the wings getting in behind to provide, then he could still be a real asset.

11 hours ago, leith_dude said:

I still like Uche. He was poor for most of last season but most players were.

Get Robbie coaching him, build up his confidence and he will be a useful asset in the championship.

I had my thoughts on his weaknesses earlier in the thread but if we actually look at the fleeting glimpses of Uche under DS,  he was actually starting to use the ball better.

Maybe it will take a concentrated effort from a good manager to tap into him and see if he can improve? It certainly looks like the lot before DS couldn’t identify what weaknesses needed looked at , or more importantly, how to remedy them. I suppose you won’t get the latter if you don’t do the former though. 

Fitba' broke my Heart

I like Uche.

He took his time to adapt to the league and to some of the more robust challenges, a keeper wiped him out for a third of a season with a well out side the box tackle; which he got pilloried for in the media for being the aggressor, then the self same media criticised him for being a big lad and should be able to take a challenge.

He is strong and defenders can't bring him down legally so they elbow the **** out of him, when that fails they grab his shirt, spin, yell then throw themselves to the ground drawing the foul every time.

I don't like that his response is to do likewise.

Better coaching for him and the officials will see the best from him.

Robbie can do the former, god only knows who can do the latter.

Maybe we could help him out a little...

been here before
33 minutes ago, Fitba' broke my Heart said:

I like Uche.

He took his time to adapt to the league and to some of the more robust challenges, a keeper wiped him out for a third of a season with a well out side the box tackle; which he got pilloried for in the media for being the aggressor, then the self same media criticised him for being a big lad and should be able to take a challenge.

He is strong and defenders can't bring him down legally so they elbow the **** out of him, when that fails they grab his shirt, spin, yell then throw themselves to the ground drawing the foul every time.

I don't like that his response is to do likewise.

Better coaching for him and the officials will see the best from him.

Robbie can do the former, god only knows who can do the latter.

Maybe we could help him out a little...

Nah he didnt.

If anything it was the other way found, it took  the defenders time to work him out. I remember one of the first games he played, League Cup v ?Cowdenbeath (could have the wrong team there) at Tynecastle. The opposition defenders were literally bouncing off him, clueless.

His first few months until a rather innocuous challenge here were his best. Then defenders sussed him out...

And he goes down like Bambi on ice.

Edited by been here before

Uche spends most of his time on the grass or standing like this, claiming for a free kick or penalty 

uche_ikpeazu_of_hearts_reacts_after_a_missed_chance_during_the_s_1140541.jpg

6 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Uche spends most of his time on the grass or standing like this, claiming for a free kick or penalty 

uche_ikpeazu_of_hearts_reacts_after_a_missed_chance_during_the_s_1140541.jpg

I always felt Uche got nothing from the refs. Then if he legally used his strength, he gets penalised.

In a fair and honest league he would be a great player. With bent refs, makes him kind of redundant :(

On 11/07/2020 at 23:48, Gmcjambo said:

Not good enough as far as I'm concerned and definitely not an SPL quality player.  He has had plenty of time and opportunity.  He doesn't seem to have much game intelligence and he lacks skill.    That said,  if we are in the Championship,  I'd be inclined to keep him for now as his battering ram approach off the bench or when some teams are trying to kick us off the park. 

Spot on, nowhere near the standard required over the last season,  he would probably be ok in the Championship

14 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He is definately a threat and offers something that not just Hearts lack but the entire league lacks. I like him.

However, he will reek of the hippy and the loser and I want rid of every square inch of our loser past 3 years.

:yawn:

Awful patter as standard. 

What a contradiction - I like him, but I want him gone. Make your ****ing mind up man :lol:

Absolute pony : impossible to believe he went through an academy system but the fact his entire career has been spent with absolute rock bottom clubs in England says it all. Another dud in a long line of duds. 

Calebs Grandad
On 10/07/2020 at 10:59, Wee Mikey said:

Nah, let us be fair here. Uche bamboozling 2 Hibs defenders made to look like rabbits caught in headlights with a double step-over at Easter Road then laying it off for a top goal. I also seem to remember him ripping the *Rangers defense to shreds. Just sayin'. 👍

👍👍

12 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

He’s played 40 games and scored 5 goals. He’s shite.

David McGoldrick for Sheffield Utd, 26 games 2 goals.

But they regard him as one of their best players..

Just a point that strikers shouldn't only be judged on goals.

For me Uche's finishing is pretty awful, but when he runs at defenders they are terrified, and he can get past them to create.

But he was just used as a battering ram by Levein last year & got into stupid wrestling matches as a result.

Get him coached to get the ball, turn and run at the defense and he will be useful for us for sure.

Neil Dongcaster
15 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

For me Uche's finishing is pretty awful, but when he runs at defenders they are terrified, and he can get past them to create.

But he was just used as a battering ram by Levein last year & got into stupid wrestling matches as a result.

Get him coached to get the ball, turn and run at the defense and he will be useful for us for sure.

Uche scores an average of every 720 mins of football, including penalties. He assists every 720 mins of football. He gets booked every 240 mins of football.

He can’t finish, can’t hold the ball up, can’t pass, can’t even stay on his feet.

There’s a reason we were bottom of the league. Players like Uche aren’t good enough.

2 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

There’s a reason we were bottom of the league. Players like Uche aren’t good enough.

A great summary of everything last season. To many in the squad were simply not good enough for Hearts.

wattie exploited
On 10/07/2020 at 06:32, Hearts1975 said:

Yup. If we keep everyone in the squad we can’t freshen things up. 

We have enough Strikers but I would definitely keep Naisy, Washington and Boyce - Ship out Wighton and Uche, and bring in a good striker, someone with a bit of pace and who can score and has an eye for a goal 

Frontline sorted after that 

this sounds about right Wighton was such a waste of more money by Craig he has been utter dross think he has played well for half a game once well better than the normal shit performance,s from him 

KyleLafferty

I’m happy to give him another chance under different coaches. Obviously CL, Daly, Macphee weren’t teaching him nothing as it looked like he never learned.

wattie exploited
On 10/07/2020 at 07:31, 1874robbo said:

That day v United he was motm if I remember correctly 

he played one good game then got injured then was total shit after that and a total waste of money :rifle:

On 10/07/2020 at 23:15, Paulp74 said:

Uche can be quite skillful and hard to get off the ball. His goal v Aberdeen shows what he can do. He gives his all when he plays, gets stuck in, and one of the only cult players we have at the moment. I cant really think of any other players who we sing their name at the moment. Uche, uche!! 😁

However, buying guys from luton (lee) and cambridge (uche) is probably why we're in the position we're in just now. 

Kinda yes, kinda no!  Look at Cosgrove's record pre Aberdeen, he was at a lower level and worse goals per game (thats without checking, so do correct me).  He also looked horseshit for about 3 or 4 months.

Uche has been unlucky with injury a bit, and maybe just misused in a way.  To me, he's always looked best when not used as a target man.  We want the ball at his feet either facing someone up, or touch tight to roll them.  Not battling for high balls where he a) gets atrociously fouled and ignored by refs and b) can't help but get involved in that crap.  We've seen flashes of what he can do, and in big games generally, too.  Not a lost case by any stretch.

Not saying we play him on the wing, but there isn't a fullback in the country would relish being up against Uche, so him pulling wider makes great sense and can open space for Boyce, Washington, Naismith, Walker, whoever in the central area as he'll take players with him.

He needs lots of personal coaching, now not everyone takes it all in, but were our cabal of coaches really working him on decision making??  I wouldn't be surprised if not.  FIll the guy with confidence and work on his decisions (don't fall down!!!) and he's a good tool for us.

I like @busby1985 and look out for his posts, so what Ive seen about Uche on this thread is a bit worrying, but clean slates from me all round.  Not happy at what happened, but how many of these guys were allowed to harness that energy.  Leadership was what was lacking.  Robbie's job is to pull them all back together and get us all moving in same direction.

On 13/07/2020 at 13:33, Neil Dongcaster said:

Uche scores an average of every 720 mins of football, including penalties. He assists every 720 mins of football. He gets booked every 240 mins of football.

He can’t finish, can’t hold the ball up, can’t pass, can’t even stay on his feet.

I always felt he causes most damage when running with ball at his feet cutting in from the wide areas. Last season we had absolutely no creativity, it was punts from Berra 80 percent of the time. 

I believe he will be an asset this coming season. 

Neil Dongcaster
32 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

I always felt he causes most damage when running with ball at his feet cutting in from the wide areas. Last season we had absolutely no creativity, it was punts from Berra 80 percent of the time. 

I believe he will be an asset this coming season. 

He created two goals all season. Anybody can see just looking at the guy play that he’s a complete diddy.

1 hour ago, wattie exploited said:

he played one good game then got injured then was total shit after that and a total waste of money :rifle:

You could say that same paragraph about a number of our signings over the years 

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Kinda yes, kinda no!  Look at Cosgrove's record pre Aberdeen, he was at a lower level and worse goals per game (thats without checking, so do correct me).  He also looked horseshit for about 3 or 4 months.

Uche has been unlucky with injury a bit, and maybe just misused in a way.  To me, he's always looked best when not used as a target man.  We want the ball at his feet either facing someone up, or touch tight to roll them.  Not battling for high balls where he a) gets atrociously fouled and ignored by refs and b) can't help but get involved in that crap.  We've seen flashes of what he can do, and in big games generally, too.  Not a lost case by any stretch.

Not saying we play him on the wing, but there isn't a fullback in the country would relish being up against Uche, so him pulling wider makes great sense and can open space for Boyce, Washington, Naismith, Walker, whoever in the central area as he'll take players with him.

He needs lots of personal coaching, now not everyone takes it all in, but were our cabal of coaches really working him on decision making??  I wouldn't be surprised if not.  FIll the guy with confidence and work on his decisions (don't fall down!!!) and he's a good tool for us.

I like @busby1985 and look out for his posts, so what Ive seen about Uche on this thread is a bit worrying, but clean slates from me all round.  Not happy at what happened, but how many of these guys were allowed to harness that energy.  Leadership was what was lacking.  Robbie's job is to pull them all back together and get us all moving in same direction.

It was coaching and leadership that cause him to spit the dummy. He was given clear instructions as to what his role was. He was to be dynamic and get on the ball, link the play and start the press. Against Hamilton at home, he was all over the shop and just basically running around like a headless chicken allowing Hamilton to build moves from the back because he wasn’t closing down. He was hooked at half time and told that the game was his last chance. He spat the dummy and started leaking negative stories to the press. Him and Berra can do one. 

wattie exploited
55 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

You could say that same paragraph about a number of our signings over the years 

yeah you could but he was our all time record signing even till today and he was total shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!    :rifle:

On 13/07/2020 at 13:11, Gulf Jambo said:

Get him coached to draw players in then pass to a team-mate-mate!

Bunny Munro

If he's reffed fairly he'll win us a lot of pens and FKs around the box night year. Teams won't cope with his strength.

wattie exploited
On 11/07/2020 at 15:20, Stokesy said:

he is a really nice guy as I met him a few times at oriam and he always gives it 100 % in games but he doesnt score enough goals :rifle:

Unknown user
1 minute ago, wattie exploited said:

he is a really nice guy as I met him a few times at oriam and he always gives it 100 % in games but he doesnt score enough goals :rifle:

I've said before that there's value in playing him out wide. He might not he a traditional winger but he's pretty good at going past a player with the ball, I'd like to see him play wide with instructions to come inside and forward at every opportunity. Defences hate him, he'd wreak havoc for others to take advantage of I reckon.