• OldGorgie

• Locky

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

We've had one or two over the years πŸ˜‚

Yep. Uche following a long tradition πŸ˜€

Cardiff Hearts

Hope these EEN interviews are not taster of what to come. Want to see Uche and others do your talking on park not to second rate green biased journo / hacks.Β  Siege and nasty , winning mentality not whimpering about big bad Daniel....

41 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Let us now wait and see if Uche and Berra are part of our future. Time will tell.Β 

God help us if they are the future.

BackOfTheNet

Ikpeazu pre-broken foot was unstoppable. His injuries hampered his progress and although not orthodox he’s a handful and showed in sub appearances what he can do. What some don’t seem to realise is that players can not be good for a certain system and at the same time not be bad players. I didn’t want Gordon to return in January because he would not work in a Stendel system - but I welcome his signing now as under a Neilson system we won’t rely on sweeper keeper tactics starting from the back. Same in a different way goes for Ikpeazu, it was plainly obvious he wasn’t going to be suited to a Stendel one and go possession based system. However under Neilson he could flourish like at the start of his Hearts career. I don’t know how he’ll get on but anyone saying he’s crap wrong in my opinion and are just doing the usual kickback thing where a player gets an undeserved reputation as people have over the top reactions (see Djoum, Clare and other examples of this).

been here before
16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Ikpeazu pre-broken foot was unstoppable. His injuries hampered his progress and although not orthodox he’s a handful and showed in sub appearances what he can do. What some don’t seem to realise is that players can not be good for a certain system and at the same time not be bad players. I didn’t want Gordon to return in January because he would not work in a Stendel system - but I welcome his signing now as under a Neilson system we won’t rely on sweeper keeper tactics starting from the back. Same in a different way goes for Ikpeazu, it was plainly obvious he wasn’t going to be suited to a Stendel one and go possession based system. However under Neilson he could flourish like at the start of his Hearts career. I don’t know how he’ll get on but anyone saying he’s crap wrong in my opinion and are just doing the usual kickback thing where a player gets an undeserved reputation as people have over the top reactions (see Djoum, Clare and other examples of this).

Β 

True.

Β 

I like the usual kickback thing where some footballing visionary comes on and tells everyone they're wrong because no one knows as much as they do and they can see things that mere mortals cant.

Edited by been here before

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Β 

True.

Β 

I like the usual kickback thing where some footballing visionary comes on and tells everyone they're wrong because no one knows as much as they do and they can see things that mere mortals cant.

If that’s pointed at me it wasn’t what I was doing (that’s why I put β€œin my opinion”). Do I think that some people have a sheep mentality when it comes to the opinion of certain players that doesn’t match the reality of their performances though? Absolutely.

queensferryjambo

I think he is a decent enough player for Hearts.

Β 

He is 25 years old and with the right coaching and players around him good do a real job for us.

Β 

He has shown glimmers that he could be really good. He was devastating against Aberdeen at Tynecastle and has had some good performances against Celtic, Rangers and Hibs.

Β 

Plagued with injuries so has been stop start for us.

Β 

I personally would give him another season to see if he can do it. If he doesn't make the grade then so be it.

49 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I get what your saying but I’m not sure his foot injury was monumental enough to affect how he came back. I think in time he failed to cope with defenders adapting to him. We started to see him forget the ball and solely concentrate on setting himself for the centre half coming from behind......his shooting is another issue. Β 

Β 

He rarely played balls quickly. He doesn’t have a vision of who is where around him and thinks every time he gets the ball he must do something on his own. He’s just turningΒ out to be how alot of our signings have turned out lately.

Β 

Seduces people into thinking he’s got something with a 1 in 4 performance. Too many fans have become accustomed to thatΒ with our players. Β It’s why Stendel had Hearts playing with far more energy and intent. He knew players had to fight for consistency. Β 

Dallas Green
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I totally forgot we had Washington! I agree that both Uche and Connor need punted.Β 

Β 

When played correctly he is a good player. He ran Hibs ragged at Easter Road.

Wouldn't mind seeing us throw the kitchen sink at teams like QOS and Alloa, something like:

Β 

Gordon

Β 

Clare

Smith

Berra

Hickey

Β 

Walker

Haring

NaismithΒ 

WashingtonΒ 

Β 

Boyce

IkpeazuΒ 

Β 

Try and score another 10

SomethingAboutObua

If he can get his finishing up, he'd walk the Championship, especially if Dundee are now ****ed as well. But with Naismith confirmed and Boyce confirming, Washington could well agree to say too, putting him quite far down the list.Β 

Uche needs to spend less time doing weights and more time losing some of his muscle mass.

Β 

Everyone can see heΒ is carrying way too much weight.Β  He can't run about for a full game or even jump off the ground.

Β 

If he can't see this, then he's too stupid to make a decent career in the game.

indianajones

There is no point in being a strong and physical forward in Scottish football.

Β 

Such an easy target for the refs.Β 

3 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Very poor football player imo

Yet in a few games (like the Sheep at home) he was fantastic!

Not for me, too one dimensional, would have been ok in the 80's, started ok but teams sussedΒ how to play against him very quickly, needs moved on...

Harry Potter
4 hours ago, Madjambo21 said:

Shows flashes of the player he could be for us.

Maybe clutching at straws but I really want him to come good for us.

Β 

Will destroy defences in the championship if we go there.

jambo mark
17 minutes ago, indianajones said:

There is no point in being a strong and physical forward in Scottish football.

Β 

Such an easy target for the refs.Β 

This. But he almost felt compelled at times to hold of 5 men just prove he could orΒ to get a foul.

Β 

if we used him properly and he did the basics, brought the ball down, laid it off wide and got in the box, he’d score a mountainΒ load.

Edited by jambo mark

31 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Uche needs to spend less time doing weights and more time losing some of his muscle mass.

Β 

Everyone can see heΒ is carrying way too much weight.Β  He can't run about for a full game or even jump off the ground.

Β 

If he can't see this, then he's too stupid to make a decent career in the game.

Needs to spend more time practicing his shootingΒ 

spirt of 98

Uche is a nice lad triesΒ hard. We used to say he needs to stop wrestling and go down more. He thenΒ started to go to ground all the time and never got a free kick.Β 
Β 

He is not the player to take us to the next level. Stendel might have told him he was out the plans to soak a reaction but Uche just sulked.Β 
Β 

Thanks but see you!Β 

19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yet in a few games (like the Sheep at home) he was fantastic!

He had a very good game that day and scored a cracking goal!! Sure he missed a sitter also though.

even poor players have the odd good game tbf Beslija v United a case in point.

Think he would come good if he stayed on his bloody feet instead of going down at the slightest contact. So infuriating!

4 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Still far more effective than Steven MacLean who Stendel chose to start in his first 4 matches!!!

Yep. And lettuce leaf hands as well. Stendell really had a couple of shockers right there

Β 

Uche for me is decent. Β Hardly the worst we’ve had the last 4 seasons. On his day he is unplayable. Referees hated him for whatever reason which really never helped his case

Edited by 1971fozzy

He was brilliant in beating Rangers at Tynecastle (they couldn’t deal with him) then a couple of games later that roaster McPhee had him as sub in the semi at Hampden .

ridiculous decision. Rangers were petrified of him and we gave them a watch by not playing him. Sure we played McLean in that semi. But that was McPhee - worse than Cathro

Weakened Offender

Uche is a decent player to have in the squad. He is almost unplayable up here when in the mood.Β 

Β 

Yep.Β  Deserves a chance if Robbie fancies it.Β  Despite what they say, he is a decent player.Β  His problem seemed to be mental, caused primarily imo by bad management.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Cardiff Hearts said:

Hope these EEN interviews are not taster of what to come. Want to see Uche and others do your talking on park not to second rate green biased journo / hacks.Β  Siege and nasty , winning mentality not whimpering about big bad Daniel....

Agreed, Ive no idea how well/poorly this article was edited, but, IMO, it makes Uche sound extremely unprofessional and totally failing to accept responsibility for what he produced last season.

Suspect he needs to be offloaded

Β 

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, Dia Liom said:

Yep.Β  Deserves a chance if Robbie fancies it.Β  Despite what they say, he is a decent player.Β  His problem seemed to be mental, caused primarily imo by bad management.

Or caused by a weaker then reqd mental constitution. We don't really have time for another wee. if only people loved me number.

Β 

DS put him on the bench and that;s why he didn't train properly and was gash? Surely he didnt say that.

Uche would be better going back to England. Scottish refs decided in committee that he would be penalised even if he was fouled. Some of the decisions were frankly incredulous. Can’t see that changing anytime soon. Particularly asΒ I expect the ref committee to penalise Hearts for having the temerity to challenge SPFL.

Captain Canada

His record for us is an average of 1 goal every 8 games. I doubt he'll do any better in the championship because he's not a natural finisher. Yes, at times he seems unplayable but where's the end product from that in terms of goals or assists?Β 

Β 

I'd love to see him do well for us as he has a good attitude and works hard but we need more goals from him on a regular basis. I just don't think he has that in him.Β 

Edited by Captain Canada

3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I agree with Stendel but I don't agree with his methodology in how he went about it.Β 

Β 

Uche frustrates the hell out of me tbh. His physical attributes, his attitude and work rate are a huge plus. He's a pain in the arse to play against I'd imagine but he can't do the most basic things.

Β 

He likes to run in behind but really he should be able to do what big Mark de Vries did. Win it, hold the ball up and bring players into the game, then get in the box for the cross. If he could manage that without giving away a free kick instead of having a wrestling match with his opponent, that would be a good start.Β 

Β 

He's had some good games for us. If he gets a chance he just needs to keep it simple and play to his strengths.

Β 

Agree.Β 

Β 

Uche does seem to turn it on in the big matches, he's scored some important goals against Hibs.

Β 

He needs to fully commit to his size. I think he spends too much time trying to earn fouls he's never getting. He needs to just embrace the physical contest, he's going to give away fouls doing it but if defenders realise he's not backing down then he'll start to win more balls. Too often does he land on his arse looking for a free kick. The only foul he will ever get from a Scottish referee is a clear trip. If he can take that on board I think he'll improve.

Β 

If he could focus on heading the ball better and controlling the ball under pressure and laying it off then he could be an effective workhorse type.Β 

Β 

No one wants Uche to fail, I think its important to say that. But he needs to wise up and focus on getting the basics right.Β 

Β 

John Findlay

I would rather play with him than against him. More sinned against than sinner.

I would keep him.

2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

Β 

When played correctly he is a good player. He ran Hibs ragged at Easter Road.

Agree. Β His contribution that night was excellent.Β 

Fort Vallance
5 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

No he’s extremely limited.Β 

He is limited but if I had to have a back up forward around the squad I'd rather have Uche than Wighton.Β 

Loved his commitment and kinda thought he had a good touch for such a unit, got kicked off the park a lot with no protection from refs at all. Did think he went downhill a bit, but would give him a chance on commitment alone in the championship.Β 

maroonedinoz

I think he would be very effective in the championship, could be the old β€˜horses for courses’ scenario

highlandjambo3

Last chance saloon for me.....maybe Robbie and elbows can get something out of him.......no more than 2-3 games though and, if we see same old..same old....punt him.

Pasquale for King

I will always remember reading my great nephews programme before a game early last season I think where he said he was unplayable and nearly the finished article. Like a few players we have if only theirΒ ability matched their confidence.

Last season for me unless a big improvement happens.

Needs to move ball on quicker to wide areas and get himself into box,Β lost count how many times he’sΒ lost possession whenΒ an easyΒ passΒ was on.Β 
Β 

Scottish refs never going to give the free kicks he should be awardedΒ most games, needs to accept that and not try embellish any fouls as it’s pointless. Just stand up and go toe to toe, when he does that he’s capable of bullying any defender in the league.Β 

Β 

feedtheroman2

Everybody should have a clean slate under Robbie.Β 

Imagine how he would be refereed if he played for one of the uglies.

Play to his strengths and stop slating our own players.

3 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

He had a very good game that day and scored a cracking goal!! Sure he missed a sitter also though.

even poor players have the odd good game tbf Beslija v United a case in point.

Beslija’s contribution was one cross....

jamboinglasgow

Think he is a player who needs a style that plays to his strengths, and a head coach that knows what he can do best not what you think he should do. I think Stendel knew that and knew that Uche is not the player to fit his style. He certainly has not helped himself last season and my hope is that he gets some proper coaching to get the best out of him. But if Uche feels that he has been unfair called not good enough, he needs to learn from where he has done poorly, adapt to the game and work hard on being better.

barcajambo
7 hours ago, been here before said:

Decent enough as a shock battering ramΒ  option until he was easily sussed by every defender in the league. Since then he's lacked any sort of skill particularly since his injury at Motherwell.

Β 

He's often been the best defender the opposition have, breaking up every atracking move he's involved in and is invariably blowing out his arse after 70 mins.

Β 

Seems a nice big dude but pretty shite if we're being honest.

This in a nutshell.

Β 

he looked good at the start, occupying two defenders at times but once defenders

cottoned on that he is a huddy with the ball, he stopped having the same impact.

Hearts_fan
8 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Daniel Stendel was and is right, he is absolutely woeful and nowhere near good enough for us.Β 

Β 

Scored some fantastic goals for us including a couple at Easter Road.

Β 

Far from "absolutely woeful" – he's good enough.

Uche is pretty pish.

Β 

After us, he will end up in the lower leagues of England.

Β 

A true testament of effort will only get you so far.

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

He’s rancid and if he leaves I won’t lose any sleep.

Β 

Harsh.Β  He tried hard but simply isn't good enough.

Β 

How come such a big strapping lad fell down so easily?