Lee McCulloch - new coach?

BRY

3 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I trust RN to arrange his assistants and back room team as he see fits. He is the one that has worked with these guys previously so knows their ability better than anyone on here. I think looking at a managerial record against being a coach is wrong. Loads of guys who are terrific coaches but just didn't cut it as a manager. 

Absolutely.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Last Laff

• Rick Sanchez

• Tommy Brown

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

I just always think of him being sacked at Killie.

looking nap for relegation.

Steve Clarke comes adds no-one to the squad, transforms the team entirely.

To be fair McCulloch signed the good players though.

colinmaroon

I definitely don't see him ever saying that any game is just another game, especially v Hibs.

Ibrahim Tall
1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Doesn’t have a lot of bearing on his ability as a coach or a manager, but McCulloch was not a shit player. Towards the end of his career he was able to prolong playing at a high level in Scotland because referees statistically let Rangers and Celtic players away with a lot of fouls before booking them or sending them off, and that is the player most remember nowadays. He was a standout at Motherwell however, and a nightmare for defenders when running at them with the ball at his feet. He was also an integral part of the Wigan team that surprised a lot of opponents in the EPL a few seasons later.

Yep. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn-sGdR5OCc ~10.30

McCulloch was a complete wank to play against but he was a very good player .

For all hes was a dirt bassa at the huns he is a very experienced guy who had a fantastic career.  Always sounded intelligent too.   I welcome this decision. 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Does that mean LM has an eye for a player ?

Probably credit the Killie scouting staff more.  He would be a persuasive guy to have around signing people though. 

21 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

I definitely don't see him ever saying that any game is just another game, especially v Celtic .

👍😀

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, Section Q said:

The Dundee Utd bail out and the Hibs clear out makes us look like a very stable club. No wonder they all hate us.

Correct, the hobos will never get over 1-5 , that is a deffo.

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

I trust RN to arrange his assistants and back room team as he see fits. He is the one that has worked with these guys previously so knows their ability better than anyone on here. I think looking at a managerial record against being a coach is wrong. Loads of guys who are terrific coaches but just didn't cut it as a manager. 

Yup. Brian Kidd for one

12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Probably credit the Killie scouting staff more.  He would be a persuasive guy to have around signing people though. 

We should just take them as well.

55 minutes ago, TWF said:

Murray OUT, Andy Kirk as his replacement?

Is this just wishful thinking or do you know soemthing we don't?

Harry Potter
7 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

He’ll have our players elbowing the opposition in no time

😄

Unsure about this tbh. I think it could work out well. Is this definitely happening or is Elbows touting himself?

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

To be fair McCulloch signed the good players though.

A fair point as another couple of posters have said.

Let's make him chief scout then :thumbsup:

Lee Mcculloch also has a Master in Sporting Directorship. Same place Davie Weir got his :laugh2:

Must had them out like confetti. 

In all honesty Mcculloch had a great career. He was a warrior. He's got enormous experience as a player and quite a lot as a coach now. Plus he's intimidating. It'll be good cop bad cop. 

TyphoonJambo

Would be a good signing, especially because it further screws the arabs. However, i hope its not to the detriment of Ulster Andy. He's done nothing wrong, is well respected and loyal to Hearts. 

Rick Sanchez

His signings...

Daniel Higgins, Alan Power, Calum Waters, Stephen O'Donnell, Kirk Clubfoot, Don Thomas, Alex Samizadeh, Chris Burke, Lee Erwin, Gordon Greer, Camm Bell, Eamonn Brophy, Brad Spencer, Stuart Findlay.

japanjambo

If players are not pulling their weight, I have no doubt Lee McCulloch will let them know. 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

His signings...

Daniel Higgins, Alan Power, Calum Waters, Stephen O'Donnell, Kirk Clubfoot, Don Thomas, Alex Samizadeh, Chris Burke, Lee Erwin, Gordon Greer, Camm Bell, Eamonn Brophy, Brad Spencer, Stuart Findlay.

O'Donnell,Brophy and Findlay cracking signings.

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

His signings...

Saying for 2 years we should be signing Stuart Findlay.

colinmaroon
38 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

👍😀

colinmaroon did not say that!  I said Hibs.

Celtic goes without saying. So, please don't change the crucial point I was making, one which many on here had an issue with Robbie the last time.

queensferryjambo
14 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

A fair point as another couple of posters have said.

Let's make him chief scout then :thumbsup:

To be fair I think I was just trying to put a brave face on it.......... I really don't like Lee McCulloch :( 

Rick Sanchez
10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

10 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Saying for 2 years we should be signing Stuart Findlay.

Agree with that.

Chris Burke wasn't a daft signing, wish we'd have got his performances the last 3 years.

JAMBO _MOBY
8 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

To be fair I think I was just trying to put a brave face on it.......... I really don't like Lee McCulloch :( 

doesn’t matter who likes him. Hes a classic character that opposition  fans hate...The guy must have a dozen honours over the years and International caps - we need winners in the camp. 

I’d leave home till their new manager doesn’t need him and they have to pay compo to get rid, then pick him up...

Hectormasson
38 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Take all 3 at hearts if possible ?

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

colinmaroon did not say that!  I said Hibs.

Celtic goes without saying. So, please don't change the crucial point I was making, one which many on here had an issue with Robbie the last time.

nae bother Billy 👍

wattie exploited
7 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Maybe he can work on Uche's jumping technique 🙂

hahhaha  well that would be a improvement right away :rifle:

Not sure how this works but I would hope we aren't paying United compensation for Robbie's coaching staff when their new boss will want to bring in his own men anyway. 

Never been a fan of McCulloch and would prefer someone else but ultimately it is Robbie's choice.

If it was me I would be asking Paul Hartley if he was interested. He might see it as a bit of a step back working as an assistant but on the other hand it would be at Hearts, with the possibility of eventually getting the top job.

I'd also find a role for John McGlynn just to complete the set of poaching United, Raith and Cove's managers for a laugh.

Guest ToqueJambo

One of the players we were pretty close to signing and who could have been a great or even legendary player for us if he had, along with John Brown, Jim Duffy, Ricardo Fuller and Steven Naismith (pre Rangers I think).

1 hour ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

I hope Lee McCulloch is coming. I want people who'd do anything to win at Hearts.

My impression of him has always been that he’s a determined type. I’d imagine he’s the kind of guy that you’d love when he’s at your club and hate when he’s at any other club. 

OmiyaHearts

Not a big fan but he's a winner, no doubt about that, just look what he's won - and plenty of caps. The winning mentality of players who've won as much as he has, will be invaluable to us. Hopefully he can drive that attitude into our players.

Rangers

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Not a big fan but he's a winner, no doubt about that, just look what he's won - and plenty of caps. The winning mentality of players who've won as much as he has, will be invaluable to us. Hopefully he can drive that attitude into our players.

Rangers

Before they sign it's hard to warm to players who had good careers at Rangers, but after they sign the likes of Naismith, Doddie, Sandy Jardine and co become ours.

TyphoonJambo
9 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Maybe he can work on Uche's jumping technique 🙂

Ye cannae rewrite the laws of physics 

richierich
10 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Hopefully teach players the elbow technique. 

the invisible elbow technique :)