Jump to content
dazajmbo

Hearts transfer window (Garuccio leaves)

Recommended Posts

David Black
13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

The Romanov era opened my eyes to that. There definitely are players who just want to make as much money as they can in a short career and are happy to move clubs every year to do it. A long contract is their holy grail. Everyone should read the book about Carlos Kaiser, the Brazilian who conned his way into multiple contracts in Brazil and Europe and never played a game.

Did he not sign for Celtic or am I thinking of someone else like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BigAlim

Winston Bogardes 4 years at Chelsea spring to mind. Played only 9 games and got demoted to training with the reserves and then the youth teams to try and force him to ditch his 40k a week contract.

 

"This world is about money, so when you are offered those millions you take them. Few people will ever earn so many. I am one of the few fortunates who do. I may be one of the worst buys in the history of the Premiership but I don't care."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambonian
42 minutes ago, David Black said:

I think the guy I am thinking about was Rafael Sheite. How apt.

 

I mind they also signed a guy called Oliver Tebily. Just as well they never signed David Weir though. Imagine having a back 3 defence of Weir Tebily Scheite!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David Black
17 minutes ago, jambonian said:

 

I mind they also signed a guy called Oliver Tebily. Just as well they never signed David Weir though. Imagine having a back 3 defence of Weir Tebily Scheite!

Good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Is the game really slower in the English Championship?

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren
Just now, jr ewing said:

Yes.

Fair enough. I don’t watch it much. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jr ewing
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Fair enough. I don’t watch it much. 😀

The ball is passed to death. ☠

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diadora Van Basten
On 20/10/2020 at 16:01, BigAlim said:

Winston Bogardes 4 years at Chelsea spring to mind. Played only 9 games and got demoted to training with the reserves and then the youth teams to try and force him to ditch his 40k a week contract.

 

"This world is about money, so when you are offered those millions you take them. Few people will ever earn so many. I am one of the few fortunates who do. I may be one of the worst buys in the history of the Premiership but I don't care."

Seem to remember him as a pretty decent Dutch international.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Seem to remember him as a pretty decent Dutch international.


Was part of the Ajax side that won the Champions League I’m sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Seem to remember him as a pretty decent Dutch international.

He was, played for Milan and Barca. He won quite a few trophies. Not his problem they gave him a ridiculous contract, 12 appearances in 4 years for just under £10m in wages from 30-34. He’s a coach now though, I wonder if he over sees the contracts 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...