Jump to content

semi final v hibs on 31/10 (updated)


Smoked-Glass
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • frankblack

    16

  • Smoked-Glass

    41

  • Kiwidoug

    19

  • complete control

    15

11 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Should not be getting played. Absolute farce.

Definitely not.  Sheer desperation for a Celtic to get another treble.  
 

Assuming it does, then given it was going ahead on the assumption there would be a crowd, the fact the chose Hampden, instead of Murrayfield, meaning 40,000 travelling from Edinburgh to Glasgow, at a time when we are still advised to use public transport of necessary, and to social distance is almost as farcical. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

:notsure:

 

He's right. They could have finished the Premiership, played the promotion/relegation play-offs and finished the cup just like other countries did by delaying the start of the next season until mid Sept and playing a lot of closed door games within a short period from mid/early-July when contact sport was allowed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

He's right. They could have finished the Premiership, played the promotion/relegation play-offs and finished the cup just like other countries did by delaying the start of the next season until mid Sept and playing a lot of closed door games within a short period from mid/early-July when contact sport was allowed.

Correct.   Watched some of those Premiership games on PICK tv or BBC.  Liverpool won the league. 

 

Cud have finished our own league and Cup behind closed doors and on TV. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

 

He's right. They could have finished the Premiership, played the promotion/relegation play-offs and finished the cup just like other countries did by delaying the start of the next season until mid Sept and playing a lot of closed door games within a short period from mid/early-July when contact sport was allowed.

 

21 minutes ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Correct.   Watched some of those Premiership games on PICK tv or BBC.  Liverpool won the league. 

 

Cud have finished our own league and Cup behind closed doors and on TV. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This will be our 6th game in less than 4 weeks. Will definitely help us get up to speed and be match ready but fingers crossed regarding no injuries. Can’t believe we’re actually going to be playing again 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, just chucking this scenario out there. If, on the back of the latest figures, NS were to initiate another lockdown, where would that leave Scottish Football? As all Premiership players are tested twice a week, there may be the case that this league continues BCD. As there is no regulatory testing in the other 3 divisions, there is every chance that these leagues may not start at all.

 

So, could it be the case where we  are asked to play a Scottish Cup Semi-Final having not kicked a competitive ball?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, JWL said:

Okay, just chucking this scenario out there. If, on the back of the latest figures, NS were to initiate another lockdown, where would that leave Scottish Football? As all Premiership players are tested twice a week, there may be the case that this league continues BCD. As there is no regulatory testing in the other 3 divisions, there is every chance that these leagues may not start at all.

 

So, could it be the case where we  are asked to play a Scottish Cup Semi-Final having not kicked a competitive ball?

I suppose we could offer to pay for the testing......

 

;)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Can Hearts TV show this and maybe do something special for it selling access?  Could be a great money maker. 

It's on 2 broadcasters so unlikely.

 

Either opening suites at Tynecastle or contribute price of ticket to FOH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

It's on 2 broadcasters so unlikely.

 

Either opening suites at Tynecastle or contribute price of ticket to FOH.


There’s something surely the media team will be able to do though?  Pre match interviews with the players of 020406 and 190512 with the games on back to back?  Online match programme? The club and commercial team should do something and it will make money and also put them in their place before the biggest match we’ve had in over 8 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Last Laff said:


There’s something surely the media team will be able to do though?  Pre match interviews with the players of 020406 and 190512 with the games on back to back?  Online match programme? The club and commercial team should do something and it will make money and also put them in their place before the biggest match we’ve had in over 8 years. 

👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to be in Aberdeen on the 31st, wasn't too fussed as seems there will be no fans at the game anyway... 

 

But was just wondering if anyone was able to tell me is there an Aberdeen Hearts supporters group where the game will be shown? or can anyone recommend any bars in the city centre that will definitely be showing the game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Callumr51 said:

I'm going to be in Aberdeen on the 31st, wasn't too fussed as seems there will be no fans at the game anyway... 

 

But was just wondering if anyone was able to tell me is there an Aberdeen Hearts supporters group where the game will be shown? or can anyone recommend any bars in the city centre that will definitely be showing the game?

Think some fans met in Holburn Bar. Prior to Covid19 most boozers have football on. Filthy Mcnastys Summer Street have multiple screens maybe a safe bet 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Callumr51 said:

I'm going to be in Aberdeen on the 31st, wasn't too fussed as seems there will be no fans at the game anyway... 

 

But was just wondering if anyone was able to tell me is there an Aberdeen Hearts supporters group where the game will be shown? or can anyone recommend any bars in the city centre that will definitely be showing the game?

Are pubs allowed to show football at present?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Can Hearts TV show this and maybe do something special for it selling access?  Could be a great money maker. 

Just make donations to FoH  in lieu of streaming fee. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

It's on 2 broadcasters so unlikely.

 

Either opening suites at Tynecastle or contribute price of ticket to FOH.

With social distancing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Are pubs allowed to show football at present?

Yes mate, no sound.

The club could do worse than open up all the suites and sell tickets as most pubs won’t be able to have that many folk in, you also won’t be able to go in big groups or to folks houses to watch it. There’s an opportunity there to make some  money. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes mate, no sound.

The club could do worse than open up all the suites and sell tickets as most pubs won’t be able to have that many folk in, you also won’t be able to go in big groups or to folks houses to watch it. There’s an opportunity there to make some  money. 

Two households to a table as it currently stands and no raised voices. 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Just make donations to FoH  in lieu of streaming fee. 


Yeah I probably will mate but was just a general suggestion for the club to gain a wee bit cash.  Could be worth a pre contract in Jan for a player for next season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Two households to a table as it currently stands and no raised voices. 😎

That 2nd part will be hard. I might have to go down this route 🤬

C9C757C3-FBF5-4CE4-8C47-02E984D0A63F.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...