semi final v hibs on 31/10 (updated)

Smoked-Glass

Not missed a semi-final or final since my 1st trip to hampden in 1976 against Dumbarton. I will not be at the semi-final against H1b5 and final when we rage doll them 

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smoked-Glass

• Kiwidoug

• frankblack

• complete control

17 minutes ago, Robdawg said:

Excuses already with the comepentive games, Neilson should have the team ready for this 

Goodness knows what that's supposed to mean.

complete control
12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

You begin to wonder what the point is in the club going through all the current agonies when some fans are happy to ignore the way Hearts have been treated by the SFA /SPFL and other clubs : seriously , putting money into this shitshow is unbelievable. 

Bang on  🤙

The SFA/SPFL will screw us over every chance they get and this is only the start. This could still be BCD so a boycott may not even be needed.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, micole said:

Apologies if wrong but I believe the SFA take 5% of gate receipts.  That is my understanding of the rules,if I have read it wrong sorry in advance.... again it is a personal choice...HHGH!!

No I didn’t know that so no doubt you’re correct, I wouldn’t want them to get a penny either. We are still giving the majority to Hearts. It will be a vastly reduced crowd if there’s any fans at all, which makes the decision to play it then at Hampden all the more strange. 

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Spend your cash at Tynecastle we still get a share of the pooled money feck every one else ONLYHEARTS

Yes and I will and I’ve advocated boycotting teams AND cities, I’m never going to Leith ever again for example. But we still get 95% of any money spent by our fans to go to the game, if there’s any allowed. 

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I am well past caring but have I got this right?  Hibs will have been playing competitive football for 3 months prior to this semifinal.  If we are in the championship, we will have had one competitive fixture.

No 

52 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I can sense that not all are keen on a boycott. Well for me the position is quite simple; the actions of the SPFL, backed up by the SFA, has shown a total disregard for us as supporters; it is as if we do not count. We have to send a message to show our anger in a way that will hurt them financially. I will not be giving any more money to any club other than Hearts, end of. No more away games, no more cup ties where receipts are shared. Remember the semi final money is pooled and split between the 4 clubs and the SFA. By attending you are giving money to clubs who frankly have shown us no sympathy whatsoever; they are laughing at us. To maximise Hearts income from the semi final the clear way ahead is to donate the admission price to FOH, and we will still get a share of the gate. I appreciate that this may seem a bit extreme to many, but sadly the events of the last three months have turned what were rivals into enemies that we have to deal with in a lawful manner; beat them on the field, off it make every penny a prisoner. 

👍👍👍

19 minutes ago, 1953 said:

The SFA/SPFL will screw us over every chance they get and this is only the start. This could still be BCD so a boycott may not even be needed.

It certainly won’t be a capacity crowd at Hampden due to coronavirus. No idea what SFA are thinking with these dates. The only real money from the two semis and final is gate receipts. Should have been re-scheduled into Jan or Feb next year. 

And he’s not praying!
54 minutes ago, henryheart said:

I can sense that not all are keen on a boycott. Well for me the position is quite simple; the actions of the SPFL, backed up by the SFA, has shown a total disregard for us as supporters; it is as if we do not count. We have to send a message to show our anger in a way that will hurt them financially. I will not be giving any more money to any club other than Hearts, end of. No more away games, no more cup ties where receipts are shared. Remember the semi final money is pooled and split between the 4 clubs and the SFA. By attending you are giving money to clubs who frankly have shown us no sympathy whatsoever; they are laughing at us. To maximise Hearts income from the semi final the clear way ahead is to donate the admission price to FOH, and we will still get a share of the gate. I appreciate that this may seem a bit extreme to many, but sadly the events of the last three months have turned what were rivals into enemies that we have to deal with in a lawful manner; beat them on the field, off it make every penny a prisoner. 

Exactly where I am.

19/05/12 isn’t a bad way to bow out I suppose.

Not a penny of my money will go to any other club from this point on.

Only Hearts.

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, henryheart said:

I'm with you 1000000% ONLY HEARTS

26 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

We will be match fit and fans won't be allowed to attend in any sort of numbers. 

They can stick it up their arse as far as I am concerned. 

It's all about the Mhanks. Nothing more  nothing less.

If Aberdeen beat smeltic in the other semi, they'll decide to scrap the SCup after all.

FTSFA

I'll ask again, a genuine question.  How many competitive games will Hibs have played prior to this semi final and how many competitive games will Hearts have played if we are in the Ckampionship?

I've asked this question before using different words and only received Smart Alec responses.

15 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'll ask again, a genuine question.  How many competitive games will Hibs have played prior to this semi final and how many competitive games will Hearts have played if we are in the Ckampionship?

I've asked this question before using different words and only received Smart Alec responses.

Hibs will have played around 10.

We will have played around 4 or 5

I think

thecarnbeejambo

stuff giving the gfa any money, we should gather on the plaza or in the gorgie suite or wherever we can to listen or watch and give the relevant ticket money to the club. they can finish the cup but couldnt wait to end the league. wouldnt give them a penny.

2 hours ago, Robdawg said:

Excuses already with the comepentive games, Neilson should have the team ready for this 

He will! Got nothing to fear😜

Some need to seriously look at the rubbish posted on this thread

Few seem to be willing to do any check on the true situation re training start dates and are ignoring the fact we will start on the 6th October playing official matches

If we cannot get fit in 5/6 weeks there is something wrong with the training given we are talking about professional footballers who should be fit anyway

We are not facing the same fixture list as the other 3 clubs involved yet the nonsense about fitness is peddled as if it was the truth

It will impact on Aberdeen just as much as Celtic but again people ignore that

The rule re cup tied is the same for all clubs but again some posters just ignore that

Time for some of you to grow a pair, back the team, stop the rubbish about giving clubs an advantage and save your anger for real issues not fake news

PS it will be around 9 weeks after training restarts before this tie..but of course 'its too soon nonsense' is peddled by quite a few...use facts not fiction

Of course though all the above re dates is subject to cheating

Edited by CJGJ

40 minutes ago, thecarnbeejambo said:

stuff giving the gfa any money, we should gather on the plaza or in the gorgie suite or wherever we can to listen or watch and give the relevant ticket money to the club. they can finish the cup but couldnt wait to end the league. wouldnt give them a penny.

Assuming it's the BBC covering it (is it? or will it be Sky?) Beamback to Tynecastle. Tell them if they wan't to get back in our good books, we're paying them a nominal pound for the privilege. 

Or something like that in my mind...

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Few seem to be willing to do any check on the true situation re training start dates and are ignoring the fact we will start on the 6th October playing official matches

If we cannot get fit in 5/6 weeks there is something wrong with the training given we are talking about professional footballers who should be fit anyway

We are not facing the same fixture list as the other 3 clubs involved yet the nonsense about fitness is peddled as if it was the truth

The rule re cup tied is the same for all clubs but again some posters just ignore that

Time for some of you to grow a pair, back the team, stop the rubbish about giving clubs an advantage and save your anger for real issues not fake news

PS it will be around 9 weeks after training restarts before this tie..but of course 'its too soon nonsense' is peddled by quite a few...use facts not fiction

I suppose the alternative way of looking at it is having played double the games, Hibs and the others have double the chances of injuries taking people out. 

22games nro
7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The rule re cu tied is the same for all clubs but again some posters just ignore that

Not got any issue with us being ready for the game,or any of the points you make ,  

but I’ll be Fecked if I’ll give those feckers any money despite it being a semi final , and yes I know we get 25% of the profit after expenses , so hearts get a double whammy I’ll dontate ticket price to FOH , that’s certainly not getting split with the other 3 feckers.

as for the players I bet you they know exactly why hearts fans don’t Go, 

my last point is if they don’t expect full houses because of COVID ,that tells you it’s just a SFA exercise to try to get Celtic their treble !  

F59C2BFB-79B5-47FA-825C-1EC3BC48DC76.jpeg

I thought our first fixture was 27 October.  Couldn't actually are less though.  Our game is managed by Mr Bean.  Anything could happen.

Hope PSG score 10.

Smoked-Glass
20 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think you only need to look at us getting knocked out of Europe by some part timers from Malta to see we won’t be ready in time for 31 October.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36821061

And watch hibs v hearts October 2013 league Cup game when we played kids to find out what derbys are about. 

Diadora Van Basten
21 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I thought our first fixture was 27 October.  Couldn't actually are less though.  Our game is managed by Mr Bean.  Anything could happen.

Hope PSG score 10.

The provisional start date for the Championship is 17 October so we will be playing our 3rd game of the season.

It won't be anywhere near a full house, which will suit the vermin they never play in full stadiums. Been practicing social distancing for decades 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Correct 

Lets knock this how many have they played chat. We may actually be fresh compared to them and get of to a flyer in the game. 

Plus its Hibs we will sort them out no worries.

3 hours ago, Robdawg said:

The only excuses will be from the smack heads and other trash that support Hubz.

Man,  totally torn with this one. Ticket money straight to foh and stick the fingers up to our so called football leaders - yip, good call. But..... semi final against them! I just so want to be there supporting the team. 

MarkDevriesScores4

My money is going to be spent on hearts and hearts only. No away games and no cup semis. I’d rather spend the money at tynecastle or even donating more to foh. I won’t be changed on that regardless of the outcome with arbitration/court.

andyscott82
7 hours ago, milky_26 said:

if celti had a better record in it for the season and not us, they would have done what hapened to the league and given it to celtic

This is 100 percent accurate. If celtic were the best performing team left in the competition (on paper) they’d have been awarded it already and save us from having to go through with this farce. 

I’m swinging wildly back and forth between ‘tell them to ram it’ and ‘**** it, it’s only hibs, we’ll pump them rotten anyway’. 

I’m firmly of the belief that since we’ve got the best record of the 4 teams left in the competition, we should already have been awarded our 9th Scottish Cup and **** the rest of them. 

46 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

My money is going to be spent on hearts and hearts only. No away games and no cup semis. I’d rather spend the money at tynecastle or even donating more to foh. I won’t be changed on that regardless of the outcome with arbitration/court.

It has to be this way, there has to be a siege mentality now, turn Tynie into a fortress and make it intimidating, only Hearts matters now. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think you only need to look at us getting knocked out of Europe by some part timers from Malta to see we won’t be ready in time for 31 October.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36821061

That was four weeks after we started training, the semi will be after three months training, friendlies, two league cup games and two league fixtures. Slightly different but it’s looking already like a huge game in Neilsons return. 

5 hours ago, henryheart said:

exactly where I am 100%

I won’t give a penny to the likes of Hibs or Celtic and the SFekingA . Not one penny.

FOH will see my £30

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

Man,  totally torn with this one. Ticket money straight to foh and stick the fingers up to our so called football leaders - yip, good call. But..... semi final against them! I just so want to be there supporting the team. 

Correct call 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻

portobellojambo1
5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

That ain't gonna happen. 

Agree, I don't think there will be full houses at either semi final or the final. I did read something online at some point today saying that Hampden are looking to use a game between Scotland and Israel in September at Hampden as a kind of test case for admitting fans, so presumably on the back of that they will then decide how many fans will be allowed into these three cup games.

Edited by portobellojambo1

11 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

According to the competition rules, any club can withdraw from the competition if they give minimum four days' written notice to the SFA and their opponents, so we have until 26/27th Oct to decide I guess....

I vote for telling them to ram it.

Not quite, you can say that you intend to withdraw but it requires permission from the SFA board.

I reckon they would refuse permission and if we didn't play we would be barred from the cup for a few years.

Hibs will be 3 months into their season and have a premier league squad. We will be rusty, unfit and have championship quality throughout. Therefore 2 nil Hearts.

8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I am well past caring but have I got this right?  Hibs will have been playing competitive football for 3 months prior to this semifinal.  If we are in the championship, we will have had one competitive fixture.

I'm with you. So can anyone clarify : Hearts will start pre season training in about 3-4  weeks , ready for an early October league start date. All this confirmed by Scottish govt & SFA : or did I miss something ? 

Maroon tinted glasses 2

If we don't get reinstated to the prem then this should be the next fight we take up. 

How the hell could they say that in the spirit of the game this would be fair. 

The semi final and final are a big part of the reason that lawell wants fans back in, celtic can’t afford not to have the 25% ticket money from these games. If they have as reported sold 50,000 season tickets this is money already banked, they are struggling for money

been here before
8 hours ago, CARDIFFBOY said:

It has to be this way, there has to be a siege mentality now, turn Tynie into a fortress and make it intimidating, only Hearts matters now. 

Have you managed to find "Tynie" on a map yet?

merseyjambo

This situation just shows what a farce Scottish football is and how blatantly obvious it is being random for the benefit of one team and one team only.

League season has to be called yet we can still play the cup Semi Finals in the next season. Clearly one club are desperate and arrogant as they want to rinse their fans for quadruple treble merchandise.other countries have finished their league season but in most cases punted the cup yet in Scotland we are the opposite.

What makes this a bigger farce is that players who have already been knocked out the competition are eligible to play in it because its being played in a new season. If that is not farcical, I don’t know what it. So Sheikh Mansoor comes along after deciding he loves Scottish football that much and buys Aberdeen. Gives them a 200m war chest and tells them to go And buy who they want. They buy the likes of Edouard, Morales, Hickey, Kent etc and they are allowed to compete in competition for last season in this season. Farce. I know we could benefit from it as well but players who are cup tied should not be allowed to play in competition. If they are playing it to a finish it finishes with players who were available last season or players who did not play in competition last season but have now signed for the club. 

Scottish football. The laughing stock of Europe

16 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

This situation just shows what a farce Scottish football is and how blatantly obvious it is being random for the benefit of one team and one team only.

League season has to be called yet we can still play the cup Semi Finals in the next season. Clearly one club are desperate and arrogant as they want to rinse their fans for quadruple treble merchandise.other countries have finished their league season but in most cases punted the cup yet in Scotland we are the opposite.

What makes this a bigger farce is that players who have already been knocked out the competition are eligible to play in it because its being played in a new season. If that is not farcical, I don’t know what it. So Sheikh Mansoor comes along after deciding he loves Scottish football that much and buys Aberdeen. Gives them a 200m war chest and tells them to go And buy who they want. They buy the likes of Edouard, Morales, Hickey, Kent etc and they are allowed to compete in competition for last season in this season. Farce. I know we could benefit from it as well but players who are cup tied should not be allowed to play in competition. If they are playing it to a finish it finishes with players who were available last season or players who did not play in competition last season but have now signed for the club. 

Scottish football. The laughing stock of Europe

Just wait till Anderson gets Bezos a bit pissed in the 'Diggers.

gashauskis9
7 hours ago, Maroon tinted glasses 2 said:

If we don't get reinstated to the prem then this should be the next fight we take up. 

How the hell could they say that in the spirit of the game this would be fair. 

Well according to Jackson and co we’re getting our membership revoked, so we shouldn’t have to worry about it.

The Internet

Finishing last season's Scottish Cup half way through next season's league season. Brilliant. Scottish football :pray: