Let's loot and pillage clubs for their best youngsters

CJGJ

Now I'm aware we don't have millions to spend but when clubs like Hibs for example are closing or cutting back their youth system

It's time to move for the best they have to offer 

Yes there may be small fee to pay (though maybe not in all cases) but it is the time to take advantage of the circumstances..they'd do the same

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Now I'm aware we don't have millions to spend but when clubs like Hibs for example are closing or cutting back their youth system

Yes there may be small fee to pay (though maybe not in all cases) but it is the time to take advantage of the circumstances..they'd do the same

There really should be no need to do this if our academy has been set up and run properly for the last 5+ years.

So I am with you all the way on this one.

Tynecastlesmychurch

If you listen carefully you can almost hear the tears splashing to the ground down lockend! 🤣

Tennant's  6's

You'd like to think that given the investment into our Academy, that it would start to produce the goods soon..

But we should definitely be taking advantage of other cubs cutting back their youth setups 

Finlay James

Hibs normally take our dregs so I doubt they have anything goof enough to make it at a club like Hearts, too much of a step up for them.

lost in space

What a pathetic and loutish post heading.

Hearts of course should be looking to identify the best youngsters and give them opportunities to progress.

No need for a heading like this - we are not Lochenders.

20 minutes ago, lost in space said:

What a pathetic and loutish post heading.

Hearts of course should be looking to identify the best youngsters and give them opportunities to progress.

No need for a heading like this - we are not Lochenders.

Ach come on, lighten up FFS, I don't think the OP is actually advocating the ransacking of JJB f****ng sports 😂😂😂

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Should have been doing this for ages anyway. Picking up a lot of free agents from abroad has been, at a very generous best, a mixed bag. 

Aberdeen have done well with this strategy and even Hibs have picked up a couple of good players from smaller clubs. 

We should be throwing our weight around a lot more than we do with basically every club from Prem mid table and below. Got a good youngish player. We'll have him, thank you. 

Portable Badger
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Players going from club to club at youth level happens constantly anyway.

This would become the norm if the Scottish Govt push through their proposals - max 1 yr contracts for U-16 players, Minimum wages, etc.......

tolcross lad
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Players going from club to club at youth level happens constantly anyway.

What's the point in spending in our case £5m plus over 6 years on developing players then.

I have been disappointed in our Academy to say the least.Not much return for a so much investment.

It had been a jam tomorrow scenario .

I’d go even further and look to invest in the youth teams of Partick ICT, Kelty, Brora and Stranraer with both coaches and players, effectively a youth pyramid to capture the best kids country wide!

Unknown user

Garry O'Connor's laddie's meant to be decent!

Anyway...

Levein made a decent point on the sportscene podcast, that hibs and others are closing down their academies and youth systems, temporarily at least.

Who are our lads going to play?

Fluorescent Adolescent

Yep, take the 2 or 3 best young players from the clubs that are utterly skint and are mothballing their academies (That’s you Hibs). The cream will always rise to the top. Show these laddies that not all clubs operate in such a tinpot way. I’m sure they’d appreciate the huge step up in training facilities, regardless, tbh.

Edited by Fluorescent Adolescent

One of the best bits of news for us in recent times imo. In theory we'll now have nearly all the best youngsters in Edinburgh for the foreseeable future. We've always seemed to attract decent young defenders and they've got the decent young attackers somehow. Now we have the monopoly on the lot of them which should naturally improve the standards within our entire youth system, and hopefully increase the output to first team.

:vangry:  Loot and pillage sounds like you’ve been watching the Vikings on the Histiory channel.

Can’t we just say ‘ Let’s make these lads & lassies an offer they can’t refuse ‘.

Jingle Bells
51 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

:vangry:  Loot and pillage sounds like you’ve been watching the Vikings on the Histiory channel.

Can’t we just say ‘ Let’s make these lads & lassies an offer they can’t refuse ‘.

Had a flashback to the Yo Yo years, myself.

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Image result for godfather Yes much more appropriate 😔

Edited by CJGJ

On 22/06/2020 at 18:16, CJGJ said:

I think with Project Brave, academies have a cap on the number of players they can take. Avoids signing all the best from grassroots and never playing them.

So if we did cherry pick the best from others we'd need a clear out ourselves 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Last time I went looting and pillaging I was 18 and in Magaluf. 

They had package holidays that long ago !!!!...you live and learn every day 🙄

Edited by CJGJ

JamboAndrew

The Hibs famous academy of flair football is one that has produced heehaw for a decade. Porteus is the best they've done in ages and he is a bang average classic hammer throwing Scottish centre back. Its probably a good move from them mothballed it.

Motherwell I'm more interested in. Some very good youngsters through their academy iver the past 5 years.

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Absolutely dreadful thread title 

Wow with all that is going on at the club you want to mention a thread title

What a dreadful post

Gordon Ramsay

I know Hibs havent produced anyone for about 15 years but there must be someone with a bit of talent there we could plunder. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

They had package holidays that long ago !!!!...you live and learn every day 🙄

Back then all you needed was your own package for a holiday. 

I'll get ma coat. 🙄