"Are You Watching Steve Weddell"

King Of The Cat Cafe

King Of The Cat Cafe

I hope Steve Weddell  has been keeping notes.

There's enough material already for a good start to "Another Tale Of Two Seasons".

I'll get working on a title for the sequel.  I suggested the title for the first book after Steve posted on here looking for ideas, although it's not something I like to go on and on and on and on about.

been here before

Used to love his commentary on the darts.

""When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer … Bristow's only 27."

That would be my favourite.

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Used to love his commentary on the darts.

""When Alexander of Macedonia was 33, he cried salt tears because there were no more worlds to conquer … Bristow's only 27."

That would be my favourite.

O/T but I don't think I've ever hated a sportsman outside of football as much as Bristow, although McEnroe was a  close second . I'd love them now, they were absolutely class and massive characters. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
34 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

O/T but I don't think I've ever hated a sportsman outside of football as much as Bristow, although McEnroe was a  close second . I'd love them now, they were absolutely class and massive characters. 

It probably needs a thread all on its own but I would add to any "most disliked sportsmen" list:

Tony Allcock

Jimmy White

Lewis Hamilton

Brendan Foster

NickFaldo

Weakened Offender
16 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

It probably needs a thread all on its own but I would add to any "most disliked sportsmen" list:

Tony Allcock

Jimmy White

Lewis Hamilton

Brendan Foster

NickFaldo

I wouldn’t have Jimmy White in my most disliked list but can't argue with the rest. 

Seb Coe was someone I cheered on winning as a kid yet would happily watch fall flat on his daft wee puss now. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

53 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Bristow was my dart's hero and I actually got to practice on the same board as him for the Scottish Open in the Assembly Rooms back in the day. I played shit but what a guy. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

I would have Jimmy White in my most disliked list but can't argue with the rest. 

Seb Coe was someone I cheered on winning as a kid yet would happily watch fall flat on his daft wee puss now. 

O blimey yeah!!!!!

Weakened Offender
Just now, Pagey said:

Bristow was my dart's hero and I actually got to practice on the same board as him for the Scottish Open in the Assembly Rooms back in the day. I played shit but what a guy. 

I don't think anyone has done more to put their sport where it is now than him. The guy was an unbelievable talent and a brilliant character. 

16 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Tony Allcock

Jimmy White

Lewis Hamilton

Brendan Foster

NickFaldo

Picked Nick Faldo up off a private jet for a golf tourno over here in US. Nice guy actually. Of all the sports people I've met, Gary Lineker would be the biggest tosser. 

12 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Tony Allcock

Jimmy White

Lewis Hamilton

Brendan Foster

NickFaldo

Think "Lewis Hamilton" would appear on most people's list.  

TyphoonJambo
13 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Tony Allcock

Jimmy White

Lewis Hamilton

Brendan Foster

NickFaldo

Faldo wasn't as bad as they would have you think. I know personally of someone he spent loads of time helping out. He also gave an absurd amount of money to charity. 

TyphoonJambo

My brother in law picked up Sounness and his entourage from Edinburgh Airport. 5 minutes down the road and he leans over, "driver, can you pull over so I can jump in the front with you, these guys are boring the shit out of me" 

Spent the rest of the trip chatting away about Hearts and football in general. He's someone people slag of for being torn faced. 

1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

Faldo wasn't as bad as they would have you think. I know personally of someone he spent loads of time helping out. He also gave an absurd amount of money to charity. 

I’d probably have said the same about each and every one in their prime , common denominator was the good old British/English media bumming them up just like their 1966 thingy , the actual sportsman and woman individually are good people doing great things we never hear about . Mcenroe was the bad boy Borg and Connors the good guys but I’d much prefer To have a beer with McEnroe 

Abiola Dauda
15 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Tony Allcock

Jimmy White

Lewis Hamilton

Brendan Foster

NickFaldo

Ronnie O'Sullivan 

Nookie Bear
23 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

Ronnie O'Sullivan 

He is one of the most likeable now. Got himself sorted out and loves his running as much as his snooker.

Seaside jambo
15 hours ago, Pagey said:

I meet Eric a couple of times at the darts when I played, he was a gentleman, and most of his antics were for the crowd or media, To those who remember when he played Jocky Wilson at portobello town hall he was pelted with beer cans empty and full, he won £10,000 that night, I had the pleasure of driving him with my mate back to his hotel , asked him if he would ever come back , he said for ten grand ad play here every night 

shame he was taken from us far too soon 

a real star 🌟