Donkey says 80% control

CJGJ

That's what Vlad was going to give to McGhee in team selection -- MCGHEE WOULD PICK 8 OR 9 OUT OF THE STARTING 11 ----- that says it all really.

200milesfromgorgie

lets just hope, if those rule apply for the new gaffer, that there is 3 players who should start every game. That can be vlads share.

Guest jambomickey

just heard that aswell! what self respecting manager is going to accept that? it's going to be another puppet

Gigolo-Aunt
did mcghee tell him this?

Dunno. Maybe its one of the reasons he turned him back at the 11th hour.

Good to see lessons have been learned though.

I suspect the 2-3 players he wants in is certain players he wants to trade to a higher league for good money.

Man is starting to get on my tits.

CornhillHearts

What you do not know does not harm you and Donkey is once again having a dose of premature ejaculation, thought he would learn after his last two "exclusives" its a hat trick if this latest "exclusive" turns us down.

What the **** is the point in that. It is completely ridiculous. Can vlad not say ...I want a few player on show throughout the season so we can sell them for a profit, could you make sure they play in games you think they could make an impression and will contribute to the team.

That would atleast give the coach the final say on them playing or not.

Colonel Kurtz
Dunno. Maybe its one of the reasons he turned him back at the 11th hour.

Good to see lessons have been learned though.

I suspect the 2-3 players he wants in is certain players he wants to trade to a higher league for good money.

Man is starting to get on my tits.

minimum of 3 liths at all times then

Guest jambomickey
What you do not know does not harm you and Donkey is once again having a dose of premature ejaculation, thought he would learn after his last two "exclusives" its a hat trick if this latest "exclusive" turns us down.

to be fair he never said he was coming! just said he was one of three who has spoken to romanov

Gigolo-Aunt

Well.....

Lets just leave it at three he wants to put in the shop window.

Captain Lithuania
hate is such a strong word...........:rolleyes:

But when it's an erse like the Mad One, its an incredibly weak word..

:107years:

did mcghee tell him this?

No he will have gone along for the ride never intending to take the post but using it to secure higher wages and a bigger budget at Motherwell.

The same as all the other interviewed candidates.

No he will have gone along for the ride never intending to take the post but using it to secure higher wages and a bigger budget at Motherwell.

The same as all the other interviewed candidates.

Well if anyone deserves to be treated like that, it is Vlad. Shame the rest of us who feel something for Hearts don't!

winston churchill

miko,chez,zal,28,29:rolleyes:.

Gimme an H...
I've developed a hatred for the man.

Only just??

:mad:

Its gone past hatred. I despise Vladimir Romanov.

How can you compartmentalise the respective jobs of a coach down to a percentage?

If anybody knows, can they post it here, and if they can work out exactly what the other 20% is then that would be spiffing too.

I heard that 84.332% of all percentages are made up.

Gimme an H...
How can you compartmentalise the respective jobs of a coach down to a percentage?

If anybody knows, can they post it here, and if they can work out exactly what the other 20% is then that would be spiffing too.

I heard that 84.332% of all percentages are made up.

Including that one?

;)

bean counter

I did not hear the programme ........... genuine question

Is it 80 % control or is it Vlad gets to pick 2 or 3 of the team each week ?

How can anyone do the following:

Sack an undefeated manager whilst top of the league

See the hunger in Graeme Rix's eyes

Think Malofeev is the best coach ever

Decide that pre-determined substitutes are the way forward.

Considering all the above I think Vlad would have no issue doing it.

My personal opinion is the reason Vlad would want say 3 selections is basically because it ensures his team get on the pitch. I think any Hearts manager would pick a team and Vlad would agree with the majority of the selections, its difficult to argue over every single position. There would only ever be a few positions that were debatable, with Vlads 3 picks this would ensure his team 90% of the time take the pitch.

I just think its a pitfull attempt to try and be the manager whilst someone else takes the heat.

Jeezo man, I was just trying to be funny! :)

Jambof3tornado

The problem with Vlad picking 2 or 3 players that must play are that if these players start to take the attitude that they are somehow better or more important it will badly affect team morale. You could have a star about to show what he is worth but he plays in the same position as another of Vlads love childs,so he gets demorlaised at the club which affects others around him.

We must sell players on and this sometimes means players getting into the team undeservedly,thats a fact of life at Hearts,lets just hope any new manager sees it that way.

Drew Busby !

I'm not doubting this story for 1 second, everything we know about VR suggests it's true. I just find it hard to believe that the (mostly covert ?) operation to snare Mark McGhee didn't have this point flagged as Article 1 between the respective parties. Surely on this basis, McGhee would have kicked the job into touch at the very first initiation of dialogue, rather than at the airport ?

Ferk.

I think I seem to have a had a sense of humour bypass, today.

I think I have seen too many try and justify why its perfectly fine if Vlad has an input into team selection.

Ohh I don't know anymore its just all a bit crazy the merd we have to deal with.

Its becomming a bit dull and repatitive now.

I have never defended his input into team selection and never will.*

It is a rough time mate, I totally understand how you feel, we all do. Well, most of us do. ;)

*Unless we are talking about stopping players from playing due to their intention to leave the club!

J.T.F.Robertson

He only wants 20% control, yet some still insist he's a megalomaniac. :rolleyes:

That's what Vlad was going to give to McGhee in team selection -- MCGHEE WOULD PICK 8 OR 9 OUT OF THE STARTING 11 ----- that says it all really.

Alternatively 80% could mean the McGhee would pick the whole team for league matches and Vlad would get the cup ties. Or Vlad could pick the team for the last game of each month or something.

Certainly if I was an egotistical multimillionaire who'd bought a foreign football club then that's what I'd prefer.

tyniearrms

source?

should it not be the other way about? vlad would pick 8 or 9 out starting 11?

F A R C E

J O K E

If this is the case, how can any prospective manager do his job?

Romanknob your a disgrace, your not fit to shovel ***** from one place to

another!!!!!!!!!!!

Imeantasong
F A R C E

J O K E

If this is the case, how can any prospective manager do his job?

Romanknob your a disgrace, your not fit to shovel ***** from one place to

another!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly.

So a manager picks a team for a particular game taking into account the personell he'd need for that, and to counteract the opposition.

Say, going to attack away from home, so needs players who'll track back, or cover overlapping players (assuming we have some).

Then the fax gets sent, the reply received, and three players important for the formation are to be replaced by fuds.

That's the whole team and system fecked for the sake of them, and with less than a day to go to prepare (re-prepare).

No way a manager with self-respect would accept that.

Bootboy100
I did not hear the programme ........... genuine question

Is it 80 % control or is it Vlad gets to pick 2 or 3 of the team each week ?

Like bean counter I did not hear the show.

Did Donkey say 80% control or Vlad picks 2-3 players for each game??

Because the 2 are very very different.

A manager may accept it for the right amount of money

What Madfud does not realise is, it will be to the deteriment to the team.

The three players that he selects will soon get wise and not have to try as hard.

Therfore they play badly we lose, other players get demoralised. knowing fine what is going on with the three players.

The team plays badly we lose games, the players that vlad intends to sell on look bad and nobody wants them

His plan is an oxymorone(sp)

The Man is a complete FUD

Love to meet him and tell him what I think.

I am so frustated with this whole situation.

Hahahaha, you have to admit, that is pretty funny. And with Romanov aka the Captain of disaster involved, you could pretty much garuantee we'd start some games with 10 players, or with 2 goalkeepers or something else equally Romanovesque!

Did Donkey say that? Where? When?

I seem to recollect that the 80% control rumour was posted on here by an ex-employee of the club whom I cannot name as he has not posted on this thread.

I think that it's simple. Vlad wants to bring in or bring through players with the purpose of selling them on for as much as possible.

The sales will reduce the debt and sooner or later clear the debt. Without his 'input' he couldn't guarantee seeing his masterplan happening. Without influencing the manager, he may not have seen players that he thought were sellable getting games.This didn't happen under GB & so, he won't let it happen again.

Also, by reducing the debt, it makes the club a more attractive selling position should he get bored.

A slight spanner in the works is that with the exception of Velicka none of the Lithuanian players were, really, any good. I assume that masterplan part 2 was to ship in these hot Kaunas prospects & sell them on too. The next crop might be better!

luckystrike
BTTT Again was it 80% control or the pick of 2-3 players???

That is the bit i can't seem to see answered anywhere, there is a huge difference between the two. If it is the latter then we are going to struggle to get anyone worth a sook, however if it is 80% control of the team and signings etc then i still think it might just work if he gets someone of strong enough will in to do the job.

That said, we still have every right to feel frustrated about this unnecessary situation we find ourselves in.

I think that it's simple. Vlad wants to bring in or bring through players with the purpose of selling them on for as much as possible.

The sales will reduce the debt and sooner or later clear the debt.

Are you sure? Remember, The Romanovs "masterplan" was based heavily on Hearts becoming a major champions league force! (i'm not taking the p*ss here but as i recall that was in fact there aim?)

Anyway, i think they forgot one minor thing, by selling all the best players, Hearts have become, in fact, completely sh*te. Therefor, i think they failed to take into account loss of revenue from becoming a bottom 6 club, never mind qualifying for europe and competing and generating money there.

I dont see too many more Craig Gordons kicking about, and theres only so much profit you can make of your Velickas, Mikos and Chesneys.

Even generating ?5m per annum of player sales would be offset by not finishing high up the league generating money that way.

From what I heard, it was 80% control. No mention of whether he got to pick two or three players.

So basically who knows what the 80% involves.

luckystrike
Are you sure? Remember, The Romanovs "masterplan" was based heavily on Hearts becoming a major champions league force! (i'm not taking the p*ss here but as i recall that was in fact there aim?)

Anyway, i think they forgot one minor thing, by selling all the best players, Hearts have become, in fact, completely sh*te. Therefor, i think they failed to take into account loss of revenue from becoming a bottom 6 club, never mind qualifying for europe and competing and generating money there.

I dont see too many more Craig Gordons kicking about, and theres only so much profit you can make of your Velickas, Mikos and Chesneys.

Even generating ?5m per annum of player sales would be offset by not finishing high up the league generating money that way.

Don't know if i agree with all of that, what we have is a team that is nowhere near as good as we have had before but still has more quality than anyone else outside the old firm. They are lacking a leader and a tactician which is what is making them play (as you put it) sh*te.

I actually don't believe this story about 80% control with McGhee. Weiss and Rober I could easily believe but not MM.

Why didn't MM come out and say one of the reason's he turned down the job was 80% control blah blah.....

I actually think MM would have thrown such a request out straight away - he has made numerous statements in his Sunday Herald column about manager/chairman relationship and he said that's why he walked away from Millwall.

Not having a go at MD but I think on this one he is second guessing.

Archived