• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Batistuta87

• HMFC01

• JamboAl

• Cruyff

8 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I understand that but I hope you will agree that in percentage terms very few youths  succeed in any club.

So what makes you think they were not developed properly?

See original question.  

I told you what I thought.

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I merely asked about the lack of professionalism iin relation to the young lads released.

Can you elaborate, bearing in mind every club releases youths every season and in percentage terms the "hit rate" is low..

If you can't answer then I'm sorry to have bored you.

You never asked about professionalism originally.  I did include it in the answer.

I wont elaborate with your second question about professionalism, I will keep it short.  Stendel said so :) Whether that involved the youngsters partially I do not know.  That's all you're getting on that part.  The rest was my own thought about what I saw regarding defending, I can include the goalkeeping as well.  The attacking side was ok.

I am not having a dig at the youngsters, I want to move forward with better staff and a new program for football that will enhance their abilities.

If you think I sit and argue with my self about what I think about football, that's not happening.  I can see you are just enquiring about what I think rather than have an opinion your self which is fine.

Ok?

20 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Surely we won't be able to keep hold of Boyce? Must be doubts over Naismith as well. 

I don't see why not.  What makes you think we can not keep them.  Unless you mean a relegation clause or another club taking them off our hands due to being expelled.

Heres Rixxy
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I don't see why not.  What makes you think we can not keep them.  Unless you mean a relegation clause or another club taking them off our hands due to being expelled.

Assuming expulsion, they will be the highest earners and (I assume) will want top level football if not only for potential international selection.

20 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

See original question.  

I told you what I thought.t

You never asked about professionalism originally.  I did include it in the answer.

I wont elaborate with your second question about professionalism, I will keep it short.  Stendel said so :) Whether that involved the youngsters partially I do not know.  That's all you're getting on that part.  The rest was my own thought about what I saw regarding defending, I can include the goalkeeping as well.  The attacking side was ok.

I am not having a dig at the youngsters, I want to move forward with better staff and a new program for football that will enhance their abilities.

If you think I sit and argue with my self about what I think about football, that's not happening.  I can see you are just enquiring about what I think rather than have an opinion your self which is fine.

Ok?

That's certainly clarified it...

My opinion is that it happens every year at every club.  Football is littered with the "next best things" who fail to make it.  There is no point in keeping them on if it's becoming clear they are going to fall short.  The transition from boy to man creates irs own problems in all walks of life and football is no exception.

Edited by JamboAl

I respect that opinion, I get what you've posted.  I understand every other club can not keep underachievers.

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Heres Rixxy said:

Assuming expulsion, they will be the highest earners and (I assume) will want top level football if not only for potential international selection.

Both have all but confirmed they're staying either way. Naismith said quite early on that he was staying and Boyce more recently. He's also been posting on social media wearing the new kit. Don't think he'd be doing that if he was thinking of leaving. 

Batistuta87

I see Rickie Lamie has signed for Motherwell and that the filth are after Gogic. Two players I was sort of hoping we were going to be looking at. This not knowing what league we're in is pish for recruitment isn't it. 

You would hope the club are working in conjuction with this demotion and getting rid of the deadwood.

I would also imagine a lot of players will be contemplating their own futures right now.

We are not starting until October we need to act accordingly.