Next Seasons squad

BigAlim

10 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

If we’re in the championship I would keep Berra. Did well for Dundee as the game is more route one down there. 

I would agreed. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Batistuta87

• HMFC01

• JamboAl

• Cruyff

14 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Does nobody rate Callumn Morrison?

I don't. Headless chicken and can't defend.

12 hours ago, David McCaig said:

I like Inverness, but I'd be disappointed if any club was within 25 points of us at the end of a full Championship season.

Hate to say this to you but I think this is the sort of mentality that Hibs had the last time they were in the Championship.

Yes we should in theory win that league but complacancy is not good in football.

We were botton of the SPFL on our performances and did we have the weakest squad in the league? probably not.

I would be happy just to win it and not too concerned by how many points.

Think we’re looking at a squad roughly of:

GK: Gordon/Macdonald 

Stone

Def: Brandon, Souttar, Halkett, Hamilton, Garuccio

Mid: Haring, Connor Smith, Cochrane, Irving, Petkov

Fwd: Naismith, Boyce, Walker, Moore, Mcdonald, foreign boy whose name I have forgotten (starts with M).

Happy enough.

10 minutes ago, main said:

Stone

Fwd: Naismith, Boyce, Walker, Moore, Mcdonald, foreign boy whose name I have forgotten (starts with M).

Happy enough.

Messi?

Batistuta87
35 minutes ago, main said:

Stone

Happy enough.

Petkov, perhaps rather disappointingly, was one of the 15 released last week. 

And you're maybe thinking of Leeroy Makovora - I've seen him playing for the Reserves and didn't think he was up to much, and I don't think he done particularly well while he was on loan at Spartans. 

jamboinglasgow
47 minutes ago, main said:

Stone

Happy enough.

Petkov was released.

Is the foreign boy Makovora? If so he is Scottish.

52 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Petkov was released.

Is the foreign boy Makovora? If so he is Scottish.

Not foreign.  He comes from Tranent.

Disappointed about Petkov, thought he might have broken through. Shame if the young forward isn’t up to it, didn’t realise he was Scottish. Don’t know anything really about him.

Holyrood_Hearts
18 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If in the championship, I think

Clare, Smith and Washington will be off. 

Hickey to leave no matter what for a fee. 

I also think uche, Lee, Damour (all down south) and our 3 gks will be gone no matter what. 

That leaves if in the championship 

Gk

None

Def

Brandon 

Ben 

White

Berra 

Halkett 

Souttar 

Mid

Haring 

Moore 

Walker 

MacDonald 

Harry 

Irving 

Strikers 

Naismith 

Boyce 

Unsure on youngsters being promoted. 

We'll 100% need a goalie with Stone being back up, Likley a senior mid and at least one winger. 

Maybe a rb as well. 

One striker. 

If in the top league we ll need to replace Lee, Uche and Damour with good players and we'll still have Smith, Washington and Clare. 

Top 11 if fit. (championship) 

Gk

Brandon

Souttar 

Berra

White

Haring 

Irving/ new mid

Lw

Walker 

Naismith

Boyce 

Stone, Halkett, Moore, MacDonald, striker, blah, blah. 

Likley be a new manager as well. 

Berra before Halkett surely not

jamboinglasgow
40 minutes ago, main said:

Disappointed about Petkov, thought he might have broken through. Shame if the young forward isn’t up to it, didn’t realise he was Scottish. Don’t know anything really about him.

He has only recently turned 18 so I would write him off yet. Got some goals for Spartans.

11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He has only recently turned 18 so I would write him off yet. Got some goals for Spartans.

Fingers crossed then.

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Should be "I wouldn't write him off yet."

Gulf Jambo

The only good thing for us is that there will be plenty of Free Agents available this summer, so we can rebuild without spending much cash. And since I'm not working here is a list of options.

All of the below are available:

GK

Craig Gordon (Celtic)

Mark Gillespie (Motherwell)

Vaclav  Hladky (St Mirren)

Samuel Radlinger (Barnsley)

Defence

Josh Emmanuel (Bolton)

Alex Gogic (Hamilton)

Jimmy Dunne (Burnley)

Jamie Hamilton (Hamilton)

Midfield

Kenny Dougall (Barnsley)

Jordan Lyden (Swindon Town)

Andrew Shinnie (Luton Town)

Ikechi Anya (Derby County)

Johnny Hayes (Celtic)

Steven Lawless (Livingston)

Scott Fraser (Burton)

Antonio Sarcevic (Plymouth Argyle)

Marc Stendera (Hannover 96)

Strikers

Mamadou Thiam (Barnsley)

Kieran Sadlier (Doncaster)

Armand Gnanduillet (Blackpool)

Omar Marmoush (Wolfsburg II)

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Berra before Halkett surely not

Either or, he's left sided and better in the air. 

Imo jury still put on Halkett, but either or. 

Likely squad imo

GK Bobby, Doyle, Stone

RB Brandon, Logan

LB Garuccio, Burns

CB Berra, Souttar, Hamilton

CM Irving, Haring, Cochrane, C. Smith

WG Walker, Moore, Henderson, Morrison, McDonald

FW Naismith, Boyce, Wighton, Makovara

Hopefully Halkett gets punted. I actually ****ing hate him :rofl:

Agentjambo
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Likely squad imo

GK Bobby, Doyle, Stone

RB Brandon, Logan

LB Garuccio, Burns

We not signing anybody?

Hectormasson
8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I don't. Headless chicken and can't defend.

Don't seem to have any end product ? Very poor crosser of a ball  although he wasn't alone there ?

Gulf Jambo
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Highly doubt it. 

Why?

We're not broke yet & moved plenty out.

There will be plenty bargains to be had this summer

2 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Why?

We're not broke yet & moved plenty out.

There will be plenty bargains to be had this summer

We're not broke but we don't know what league we're in for certain. We don't know how long the lockdown will continue. We don't know if supporters will be allowed. We don't know who our manager is. We don't know how much we will be impacted financially by this and we won't be able to make any projections on a budget until that is all sorted for certain. 

So right now and until there is certainty, I don't think we'll be making any signings whatsoever. Maybe in late July/August we might. We'll see. 

If we're in the Championship though, we've got a good enough squad to win the league. 

We might have to sign a few if we're in the Premier League however. 

It'll be the same for most clubs bar the OF but our predicament is the most uncertain. 

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Likely squad imo

GK Bobby, Doyle, Stone

RB Brandon, Logan

LB Garuccio, Burns

Harsh re: halkett

He actually tries, he gets a few goals from set pieces and getting forward, he was solid for livi so can clearly operate at this level.

Sure hes been caught out a few times but hes a steady spfl player. The type of signing we shouldve been doing more of.

10 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

We not signing anybody?

Not according to Ann Budge.

I suppose it might change if we stay up and we know when we can start generating income again. 

Not going to be an exciting transfer window. All about cutting costs and survival.

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

He actually tries, he gets a few goals from set pieces and getting forward, he was solid for livi so can clearly operate at this level.

Sure hes been caught out a few times but hes a steady spfl player. The type of signing we shouldve been doing more of.

When a new manager watches the AM Sports analysis of last season they will see that Halkett was culpable for a huge number of goals lost.  He should be one of the first players moved on if possible.

Hard to believe what Levein and MacPhee have left the club with.  A terrible unbalanced squad.

19 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Hate to say this to you but I think this is the sort of mentality that Hibs had the last time they were in the Championship.

Yes we should in theory win that league but complacancy is not good in football.

We were botton of the SPFL on our performances and did we have the weakest squad in the league? probably not.

I would be happy just to win it and not too concerned by how many points.

Agree.  That’s why I’d prefer a right good sweep of the squad. A real freshness. 

People can forget we must’ve added around 9 or 10 players over the season to the young squad we had in 14-15 after the relegation season.  Quite a few proven in the SPL and had the right attitude and dig for the championship.  

I think players need it, the club needs it. We need to rid the ghosts and harness a new vibe around the training park and stadium. A lot of the players we have just now haven’t been good enough to propel us up the table over the last few seasons and barely trust them to raise themselves in the championship which could tempt complacency. 

That’s why I hope Stendel stays. He definitely has the fight, he wants a high tempo and high workrate and hammers that home. Last thing we need is to make a meal of the championship if that’s where we’ll be.  

Agentjambo
2 hours ago, stuart500 said:

Not according to Ann Budge.

I suppose it might change if we stay up and we know when we can start generating income again. 

Not going to be an exciting transfer window. All about cutting costs and survival.

I interpreted it as not at the moment until situation decided. 

4 hours ago, Alan_R said:

He's terrible. So shite it's not even funny. His weight, fitness and professionalism are an absolute disgrace and he's one of the main reasons why we ended in 12th place. If i knew how to make YouTube videos, I'd do one of Halkett showing you how terrible he is. I reckon it would be about 10 minutes long, that's how many mistakes he's made this season.

He can't defend for shit and he strolls about casually costing us goals, wiith his big fat erse trailing behind thinking he's ****ing Beckenbauer. 

Never a Hearts player in his puff. He must have thought he won the lottery when we came calling Another Levein masterstroke of a signing. 

First out the door. 

:laugh:

19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He's terrible. So shite it's not even funny. His weight, fitness and professionalism are an absolute disgrace and he's one of the main reasons why we ended in 12th place. If i knew how to make YouTube videos, I'd do one of Halkett showing you how terrible he is. I reckon it would be about 10 minutes long, that's how many mistakes he's made this season.

He can't defend for shit and he strolls about casually costing us goals, wiith his big fat erse trailing behind thinking he's ****ing Beckenbauer. 

Never a Hearts player in his puff. He must have thought he won the lottery when we came calling Another Levein masterstroke of a signing. 

First out the door. 

I’ve maybe all ready told you this before but even the Rangers players where laughing at Halkett and his arse haha. In the tunnel at ibrox Goldson started highlighting how over weight Halkett was before we went out for the game haha. Like Bozanic, I think he is symptomatic of all the problems we have at the club and the standard of player we’ve been recruiting. Miles below the standard we need. 

20 hours ago, main said:

Stone

Happy enough.

Add in Logan, Hickey, Henderson, Washington, Smith, Damour,Berra, Clare

Take out Petkov, who is a defender and has been released. 
Question marks re Bobby, Uche, Doyle, White, 

15 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Likely squad imo

GK Bobby, Doyle, Stone

RB Brandon, Logan

LB Garuccio, Burns

Will be hard to move on Damour. Smith is staying if in top league. White won’t leave. No-one will take Halkett off our hands. Clare has another year to go. 

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Will be hard to move on Damour. Smith is staying if in top league. White won’t leave. No-one will take Halkett off our hands. Clare has another year to go. 

Smiths Mrs has moved or is in the middle of moving back down south to their newly built house. He will be away no matter what happens, IMO. 

18Jambo_dave74

Based on the players we have at the moment (although we might be in a position to sign players at a later date), I think we may be looking at this as the sort of team we may be fielding next season. 

Zlamal

Brandon Halkett Souttar Garuccio 

Clare Haring Irving Walker

Naismith Boyce

Subs: Doyle, Berra (?), Burns, Cochrane, Moore, Henderson, Ikpeazu. 

Obviously it's all guesswork at this stage but I'm assuming that we will sell Hickey and the likes of Smith, Washington & Lee will all go down south. I'm also hoping we can get Haring fit. 

It will be interesting to see if guys like Souttar and Clare stay. Despite what Naismith and Boyce have been quoted as saying previously I'm still not totally convinced they will be here if we end up in the Championship. It will also be interesting to see if Berra is retained for the last year of his contract - I'm guessing that is very much dependent on the manager! 

Hopefully we can get rid off guys like Doyle, White and Damour. 

Edited by 18Jambo_dave74

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

First out the door. 

Halkett was our top scorer last season! The reason we are where we are is our strikers and attackers NOT scoring and a shite keeper. Often we scored because of him getting frustrated and driving forward himself or digging deep to get something from a set piece. Not saying he is an excellent player by any means but he's dug us out of a couple of shite results and without him we would be in a far worse position than we ended up.

Edited by Batistuta87

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Halkett was our top scorer last season! The reason we are where we are is our strikers and attackers NOT scoring and a shite keeper. Often we scored because of him getting frustrated and driving forward himself or digging deep to get something from a set piece. Not saying he is an excellent player by any means but he's dug us out of a couple of shite results and without him we would be in a far worse position than we ended up.

Doesn't matter mate. He's cost us more points than he's saved us. His primary job is to defend. He simply can't do his job well enough where it matters. If he was a striker then fair enough. 

One of the main reasons why we finished where we have is because we signed guys like Pereira, Halkett and Damour, in total they must have cost us at least 20 goals this season between them. 

Batistuta87
22 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Doesn't matter mate. He's cost us more points than he's saved us. His primary job is to defend. He simply can't do his job well enough where it matters. If he was a striker then fair enough. 

One of the main reasons why we finished where we have is because we signed guys like Pereira, Halkett and Damour, in total they must have cost us at least 20 goals this season between them. 

I don't necessarily agree with that mate - I think he's probably rescued us more points than he's directly cost us. Plenty mistakes have been made at the back, and I actually don't think he and Souttar really click if I'm brutally honest about the whole situation, but not one of our back four - in any configuration - had an ounce of trust in Perreira. That's bound to make a centre back's job a lot more difficult, with them having to pick up and react to situations that normally your keeper should be dealing with. I saw it a few times (I sit right behind the goals) - they would leave a through ball, a cross, a ball over the top for the keeper to deal with - and a normal, competent keeper would - but the amount of times Perreira failed to do so and left Halkett and/or Souttar up shit creek was astounding.

I lay the blame for where we are firmly with Perreira, and our goal-shy strikers. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I’ve maybe all ready told you this before but even the Rangers players where laughing at Halkett and his arse haha. In the tunnel at ibrox Goldson started highlighting how over weight Halkett was before we went out for the game haha. Like Bozanic, I think he is symptomatic of all the problems we have at the club and the standard of player we’ve been recruiting. Miles below the standard we need. 

Exercising will take the excess weight off , I've tried it. It works! 😂

18 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

The only good thing for us is that there will be plenty of Free Agents available this summer, so we can rebuild without spending much cash. And since I'm not working here is a list of options.

GK

Craig Gordon (Celtic)

Defence

Josh Emmanuel (Bolton)

Alex Gogic (Hamilton)

Jimmy Dunne (Burnley)

Midfield

Kenny Dougall (Barnsley)

Johnny Hayes (Celtic)

Scott Fraser (Burton)

Strikers

Mamadou Thiam (Barnsley)

That's quite a wish list. I'd settle for Jimmy Dunne back here but it's not going to happen. To add insult to injury, the sheep are seemingly interested in him and I could see that happening.

6 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree.  That’s why I’d prefer a right good sweep of the squad. A real freshness. 

People can forget we must’ve added around 9 or 10 players over the season to the young squad we had in 14-15 after the relegation season.  Quite a few proven in the SPL and had the right attitude and dig for the championship.  

I think players need it, the club needs it. We need to rid the ghosts and harness a new vibe around the training park and stadium. A lot of the players we have just now haven’t been good enough to propel us up the table over the last few seasons and barely trust them to raise themselves in the championship which could tempt complacency. 

That’s why I hope Stendel stays. He definitely has the fight, he wants a high tempo and high workrate and hammers that home. Last thing we need is to make a meal of the championship if that’s where we’ll be.  

👍

54 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I don't necessarily agree with that mate - I think he's probably rescued us more points than he's directly cost us. Plenty mistakes have been made at the back, and I actually don't think he and Souttar really click if I'm brutally honest about the whole situation, but not one of our back four - in any configuration - had an ounce of trust in Perreira. That's bound to make a centre back's job a lot more difficult, with them having to pick up and react to situations that normally your keeper should be dealing with. I saw it a few times (I sit right behind the goals) - they would leave a through ball, a cross, a ball over the top for the keeper to deal with - and a normal, competent keeper would - but the amount of times Perreira failed to do so and left Halkett and/or Souttar up shit creek was astounding.

I lay the blame for where we are firmly with Perreira, and our goal-shy strikers. 

Halkett didn't click with Berra or Souttar. Neither of them trusted Halkett because he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. He is the common denominator.

The guy had never ever played in a back 4 at this level. He had always had a free role in a back 3 at Livi. Doesn't know how to defend space and doesn't know where to position himself in a back 4. I find it absolutely astonishing that he plays for us Tbh. 

I noticed how bad he was fairly early doors. He was making mistake after mistake after mistake every single game and he has directly cost us quite a number of goals as well as quite a few indirectly through his poor positioning and decision making.

Even watching back Livi games from the season before, he's shite. He got done by Vanecek last season for Sean Clares goal in the Scottish Cup at Tynie. Gives Vanecek yards of space, probably because he was sleeping as per. 

What got him noticed was the amount of goals he scores for a Centerhalf and he is good in the opposition box and he's generally decent on the ball at the back. 

This is off the top of my head but I've been focusing my attention on Halkett for a while. 

Watch Halkett in the highlights of: 

Ross County H (0-0), cost us bucket loads of chances. He's just dodgy as ****. 

Hamilton H (2-2) another disastrous performance where he should have cost us goals. Ball watching, sleeping, the lot. Horrendous defending. 

Motherwell H (2-3), worst performance from a Hearts Centerhalf ive ever seen. Cost us 2 goals. Marking no one at the corner from which his mate Gallagher scores. Tries to blame Clare but he's the Centerhalf marking thin air.

Then he stands off the boy who scored a screamer for their 3rd. He actually lets him run 20 yards at our goal before making no attempt to close down the shot. 

Preceeded to get ripped to ribbons throughout. Even falling on his fat arse at one point. 

Rangers A (5-0), absolutely all over the shop. What's he actually doing at their goals? So clueless. 

Motherwell A (1-0) Got skinned at the corner and they scored directly from that. 

St Johnstone H (0-1) he was horrendous. Everything he did was shit. 

Hibs H (0-2), Watch his header for Boyles goal. Berra is mainly at fault but we were vulnerable to a switch ball because we had squeezed over and he heads the ball straight into a danger zone allowing that goal to happen. Should have knocked it out for a throw and reset but he doesn't know how to defend. 

Aberdeen H (1-1), caught out of position, strolls his fat erse back and Sean Clare takes a red for the team because of Halkett. 

Celtic H (0-2) Gets done for their 1st, gets pulled out of position which creates the space for them to score. His header puts Damour under pressure and he gets caught doddling on the ball for their 2nd. Just knock it clear man. 

Hamilton A (2-1) at fault for both goals. Beaten to the header, then the other one he's in the middle of nowhere and ends up marking the left back position which means they score from the position he should be in. What's he actually doing? 

St Johnstone A (3-3), pish throughout. Ragdolled. Pereira at fault for the goals. 

Celtic A (5-0), all over the shop. 

Motherwell H (1-1), costs us a goal fannying about on the ball thinking his Beckenbauer. 

St Miren A (1-0) - caught ball watching, sleeping again and the absolute state of him reacting to the long ball and trying to get back is horrendous viewing. He's literally blowing out of his arse. 

He's absolutely awful, awful awful awful. A Championship level Centerhalf masquerading in a Hearts jersey.  Might find his level next season mind you. 

Aye Pereira was at fault for letting in easy goals. Strikers at fault for poor finishing but he's one of the main culprits for us conceding so many goals this season. 

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Halkett didn't click with Berra or Souttar. Neither of them trusted Halkett because he doesn't have a clue what he's doing. He is the common denominator.

The guy had never ever played in a back 4 at this level. He had always had a free role in a back 3 at Livi. Doesn't know how to defend space and doesn't know where to position himself in a back 4. I find it absolutely astonishing that he plays for us Tbh. 

I noticed how bad he was fairly early doors. He was making mistake after mistake after mistake every single game and he has directly cost us quite a number of goals as well as quite a few indirectly through his poor positioning and decision making.

Even watching back Livi games from the season before, he's shite. He got done by Vanecek last season for Sean Clares goal in the Scottish Cup at Tynie. Gives Vanecek yards of space, probably because he was sleeping as per. 

What got him noticed was the amount of goals he scores for a Centerhalf and he is good in the opposition box and he's generally decent on the ball at the back. 

This is off the top of my head but I've been focusing my attention on Halkett for a while. 

Hamilton H (2-2) another disastrous performance where he should have cost us goals. Ball watching, sleeping, the lot. Horrendous defending. 

Motherwell H (2-3), worst performance from a Hearts Centerhalf ive ever seen. Cost us 2 goals. Marking no one at the corner from which his mate Gallagher scores. Tries to blame Clare but he's the Centerhalf marking thin air.

Then he stands off the boy who scored a screamer for their 3rd. He actually lets him run 20 yards at our goal before making no attempt to close down the shot. 

Preceeded to get ripped to ribbons throughout. Even falling on his fat arse at one point. 

Rangers A (5-0), absolutely all over the shop. What's he actually doing at their goals? So clueless. 

Motherwell A (1-0) Got skinned at the corner and they scored directly from that. 

Hibs H (0-2), Watch his header for Boyles goal. Berra is mainly at fault but we were vulnerable to a switch ball because we had squeezed over and he heads the ball straight into a danger zone allowing that goal to happen. Should have knocked it out for a throw and reset but he doesn't know how to defend. 

Aberdeen H (1-1), caught out of position, strolls his fat erse back and Sean Clare takes a red for the team because of Halkett. 

Celtic H (0-2) Gets done for their 1st, gets pulled out of position which creates the space for them to score. His header puts Damour under pressure and he gets caught doddling on the ball for their 2nd. Just knock it clear man. 

Hamilton A (2-1) at fault for both goals. Beaten to the header, then the other one he's in the middle of nowhere and ends up marking the left back position which means they score from the position he should be in. What's he actually doing? 

St Johnstone A (3-3), pish throughout. Ragdolled. Pereira at fault for the goals. 

Motherwell H (1-1), costs us a goal fannying about on the ball thinking his Beckenbauer. 

St Miren A (1-0) - caught ball watching, sleeping again and the absolute state of him reacting to the long ball and trying to get back is horrendous viewing. He's literally blowing out of his arse. 

He's absolutely awful, awful awful awful. A Championship level Centerhalf masquerading in a Hearts jersey.  Might find his level next season mind you. 

Aye Pereira was at fault for letting in easy goals. Strikers at fault for poor finishing but he's one of the main culprits for us conceding so many goals this season. 

Cheers - I'm gonna go and watch those goals when I have a bit of time. I do remember him being at fault for Clare's red v Aberdeen now that you say, that's the only one I can properly picture in my head right now. 

RE Vanecek - That particular moment v Livi was the moment where I thought he looked like a decent footballer with a good touch. Think there was a lot more to him than we seen and he could have been a good player once he'd got himself up to the fitness levels needed to play in Scotland (which he massively under-estimated), but Levein f*cked it and ruined him with how he treated him. 

Portable Badger
20 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

GK

Craig Gordon (Celtic)

Defence

Josh Emmanuel (Bolton)

Alex Gogic (Hamilton)

Jimmy Dunne (Burnley)

Midfield

Kenny Dougall (Barnsley)

Johnny Hayes (Celtic)

Scott Fraser (Burton)

Strikers

Mamadou Thiam (Barnsley)

Sarcevic is a cracking player - would think he will get signed up quite quickly.  Really surprised Argyle have let him walk away

The White Cockade

some crap on here re Halkett

Good attitude and scores goals

Can improve defensively but was dragged down by the general malaise in the club last year

We will definitely need him especially in the Championship where a bit of grit is needed

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Right - had a look at just the goals: 

v Motherwell MacLean and Clare share the blame - Gallagher shook Clare off too easily and MacLean was in no-man's land having been drawn away from the back post after half-following a runner. If he stays on the back post he either beats Gallagher to the ball or blocks on the line. Halkett is blameless and was marking another man. 2nd goal, Halkett was first across to Seedorf an should have tackled him - if he does, he doesn't get the time to step inside and shoot. Berra makes a desperate lunge after Halkett fails to do so himself. 

v Rangers Think he was blameless for all but the 2nd goal, when he was caught snoozing and allowed Kent to nip in front of him. Probably 4 of the 5 goals were individual errors. 

v Motherwell Too easily beaten in the corner like you say. Might have panned out differently if Clare hadn't been out of position though so he shoulders some of the blame there for me.

v St Johnstone Poor positioning. He should have went with the runner, which would have left our man on the front post to stay there or to challenge the striker who scored. 

CBA watching any more to be honest, just making me realise how utterly honking Perreira was, but a bit of a mixed bag for me. He is to blame for some, blameless for others. I can see where you're coming from at times because he is slow to get back and was caught napping a couple of times at other chances that fortunately didn't lead to goals. I still maintain he is an important player for us though and has been dragged down by others around him - I'm confident that he can and will do better with a more solid midfield in front of him, and a more competent keeper behind him.  

Edited by Batistuta87

Gulf Jambo
7 hours ago, JohnB said:

That's quite a wish list. I'd settle for Jimmy Dunne back here but it's not going to happen. To add insult to injury, the sheep are seemingly interested in him and I could see that happening.

4 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Sarcevic is a cracking player - would think he will get signed up quite quickly.  Really surprised Argyle have let him walk away

The thing is if (and still a big if) we stay in the Premiership, we would have a better budget than most English League Two or League One Teams.

There is a real concern for survival for many lower league teams in England, while we still have a strong FOH background, are a well budgeted club & acted swiftly to combat the loss of revenue during Covid.

Many players would be doubtful to come to the Championship, but if we stay up I am sure we could have happy pickings from a large group of free agents

Batistuta87
17 hours ago, Gulf Jambo said:

The thing is if (and still a big if) we stay in the Premiership, we would have a better budget than most English League Two or League One Teams.

There is a real concern for survival for many lower league teams in England, while we still have a strong FOH background, are a well budgeted club & acted swiftly to combat the loss of revenue during Covid.

Many players would be doubtful to come to the Championship, but if we stay up I am sure we could have happy pickings from a large group of free agents

Even from the Championship with FoH backing, we might be the best offer some of these guys will get. I just hope our scouting team are looking at lists of this sort of quality and are at least sounding players out. The number of players who are either free agents or are soon to be free agents, and those who are likely to be available on loan, is astounding. I could easily name 20 young players currently at clubs down south who would benefit from a loan move up here. We seem to have a good relationship with Man City and Man Utd too - I bet they each have about a dozen players we could potentially borrow for the season...

Edited by Batistuta87

His name is
On 02/06/2020 at 20:03, BigAlim said:

Goalkeepers -

Zlamal

Doyle

Stone

Right Backs - 

M.Smith

Brandon

Centre Backs -

Souttar

Halkett

Berra

Hamilton

Left Backs - 

Hickey

Garuccio

White

Burns

Centre Mids - 

Damour

Haring

Irving

Cochrane

C.Smith

Wide players -

Clare

Walker

McDonald

Moore

Henderson

Strikers - 

Naismith

Boyce

Ikpeazu

Wighton

Washington 

Not sure if thats everyone or not as i'm sure theres some more talented youngsters kicking about. Of the players left we know that Damour has hinted at thinking about his future, we were also trying to get Doyle out the door in January so assume we'll try again this summer. If Stendel stays I'd expect Berra will fancy moving on and Wighton is a lost cause as well. 

Think pretty much every position needs strengthening especially if others want to leave

The big problem with this squad is that it looks awfully like last season's....

Tasavallan

It has been far too long.  I forgot Liam Boyce was a Hearts player.

Gulf Jambo
4 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Even from the Championship with FoH backing, we might be the best offer some of these guys will get. I just hope our scouting team are looking at lists of this sort of quality and are at least sounding players out. The number of players who are either free agents or are soon to be free agents, and those who are likely to be available on loan, is astounding. I could easily name 20 young players currently at clubs down south who would benefit from a loan move up here. We seem to have a good relationship with Man City and Man Utd too - I bet they each have about a dozen players we could potentially borrow for the season...

Yeah true. FOH can really help us to sell the club to some of these guys.

And there are so many other players available I would be more than happy with.

Also theres always some great talent to loan like you said.

Man City also have a very good young striker out of contract (Nabil Touaizi) Like the natural finisher we've all been dreaming off.

But will doubtless have much bigger clubs after him