Bozanic

Diadora Van Basten

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, 18Jambo_dave74 said:

Completely agree with this. 

i think we have been so bad the last couple of years that some fans have forgotten what good players look like. Don't get me wrong Bozanic was okay in a 'backup/squad player to occasionally come in and do a job' position. But at the end of the day he has been a regular starter in an awful Hearts team that is bottom of the league. 

I've read comments from people saying they are pleased we're retaining Brandon and Moore. We don't need a goalkeeper because Zlamal will do. Disappointed Petkov hasn't been offered a contract etc etc. 

I can understand that there are arguments for various players and I'm not necessarily saying they are all wrong but it just feels that some are too accepting of poor to average players. 

Or are adjusting expectations of what is needed to win the Championship, as that's where we currently are.

Always thought he should have been played as an attacking mid as he seemed to have an eye for goal. Cracking goal v Hibs to remember him by. 

Not going to say anything negative. 

All the best Boz. 

Pasquale for King

I think if we could and if we knew we were playing in the Championship he could’ve done as good a job as Gomis did for us. Haring is hopeful of being back so him, Irving and Cochrane would be good enough down there. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I think if we could and if we knew we were playing in the Championship he could’ve done as good a job as Gomis did for us. Haring is hopeful of being back so him, Irving and Cochrane would be good enough down there. 

The Haring news is fantastic. He would stroll the championship.

letsalldothebeattie

Would definitely bring him back for at least another year. Always worked his socks off for the team, if unfortunately we can’t bring him back then let’s be honest that goal at ER will go down in history as one of the finest we’ve scored their and for that he will always be fondly remembered among the Gorgie faithful

Was pretty much bang average but always gave 100% and of course scored that belter v the vermin.

I think he could do a job in the championship and has the attitude required for that league.

However due to our shite form and the injustice of expelling us he has left us as will many others.

good luck Bozzy

pettigrewsstylist

Shame, exactly what the doctor ordered for Championship i suspect, and prob double figures goals down there.

We have a full squad rebuild to do regardless.

Great goal at ER forever a cult hero now and rightly so.   But for me he was honking. Ran about headless, let attacking players drift away from him.   Positional sense was poor.

There is a reason we are bottom of the league and our central midfield has been a huge part of this problem.

Last season he was behind a number of players, our recruitment was so bad in the summer he bacame almost a first pick in midfield.

As a back up squad player he has the right mentality,  but there will be so many free transfers this month there will be better out there

Will be a miss. Underrated and seemed to be a target for unfair criticism. Wholehearted player who never hid. Contributed a lot in midfield. Good luck to the guy.

Edited by Cynic

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Haring news is fantastic. He would stroll the championship.

He has got better every week he hasn't played.

LogicalEric

Will always be grateful for the goals against Rangers and Hibs. 

A bit meh as to whether he stayed or not. Work rate and fitness were his key attributes. To be honest, there’s surely players in the youth teams that would offer that at a fraction of what he would be costing in wages.

David McCaig
50 minutes ago, Cynic said:

He’s the exception who breaks the rule.  We’ve probably forgotten just how good a player he was before being injured.  

He played pretty much all his football before the hernia* in a Hearts side top of the SPL, it looks like he’ll be making his comeback in the Championship.

Too good for the Championship is a lazy phrase, but utterly true in Haring’s case.

* I know we dropped down the table whilst Levein kept picking Haring for 2 months after he was diagnosed with a hernia... which is why he has been injured for so long.

Serge Pizzorno

Think the goal at ER has altered many people’s memories of him. 

He was useless, let’s not try hide that fact. Thanks for your efforts though. 

19 minutes ago, Serge Pizzorno said:

Think the goal at ER has altered many people’s memories of him. 

He was useless, let’s not try hide that fact. Thanks for your efforts though. 

Exactly this. Worst set piece taker I’ve seen in a Hearts strip I’m years. Yes did slightly improve under Stendel but not good enough. Cheers for the goals/memories against the wee team and knocking Sevco out the cup. All the best to him in his future endeavours. No faulting his effort.

Captain Canada

I was very critical of him under CL but he really improved under Stendel in a more attacking team. 

Hope he finds another club soon. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 hours ago, Cynic said:

Aye OK, he was the best defensive midfielder in the league before his injury and him going off cost us the cup final, but yeah he's shit.

On 01/06/2020 at 11:20, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Did the odd thing that bought him more time but was generally bang average. Nice to see a clear out starting. Shame so many others are under contract.

PS - MacLean is genuinely one of the least talented strikers we’ve ever signed. Hopeless.

He was one of the best forwards we’ve had for a while. His positioning and movement were better than we’ve seen at the club for years. Too bad he was too old and didn’t have a good partner up too. I can guarantee the young strikers learned a lot from him.  

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Dayman said:

He was one of the best forwards we’ve had for a while. His positioning and movement were better than we’ve seen at the club for years. Too bad he was too old and didn’t have a good partner up too. I can guarantee the young strikers learned a lot from him.  

? He couldn’t control a ball.

kingantti1874

I thought at the start of last season, paired with Naismith and uche, McLean was excellent.. when they got injured and he had to play up front on his own he was done.. and never recovered

Marty Byrde
10 hours ago, Hector Riva said:

I liked him. Grafter.

The absolute minimum we should expect and nothing to get excited about.

Not saying you but some fans really demand very little from our players and expectations have fallen dramatically in tandem - hence why a plodder like Don Cowie was seen as a 'legend' to some supporters.

16 hours ago, Cynic said:

Will be a miss. Underrated and seemed to be a target for unfair criticism. Wholehearted player who never hid. Contributed a lot in midfield. Good luck to the guy.

👍

Very underrated player. He will be one of the very few that leaves us and goes on and plays at a better level after being released.

Super_Hans
5 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Very underrated player. He will be one of the very few that leaves us and goes on and plays at a better level after being released.

Not a chance. He's 31 years old. Hearts will be the biggest club he'll have played for in his career.

Started quite well in his first season. Looked better under Stendel but a handful of good games in nearly two seasons is nowhere near good enough. For a guy who should have been in the prime of his career, he goes down as another disappointment for me.

50 minutes ago, Super_Hans said:

Not a chance. He's 31 years old. Hearts will be the biggest club he'll have played for in his career.

Started quite well in his first season. Looked better under Stendel but a handful of good games in nearly two seasons is nowhere near good enough. For a guy who should have been in the prime of his career, he goes down as another disappointment for me.

Didn’t realise he was that old tbh.

I don’t think he was used enough when fit.  Partly has to be because of the shotgun approach to team selection that continued under Stendel.  Disappointed he didn’t do better I agree too. 

Hans von Luck

Average and easily replaced IMO, better quality have been released from their clubs.

Edited by Hans von Luck

Weakened Offender

That goal at Easter Road looks better each time I watch it and I've watched it heaps. ❤️

How many good games did he have? Part of the reason the team was utter shite for so long. Cheerio and thanks for one memorable goal. 👍🏼

Diadora Van Basten
14 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

The absolute minimum we should expect and nothing to get excited about.

Not saying you but some fans really demand very little from our players and expectations have fallen dramatically in tandem - hence why a plodder like Don Cowie was seen as a 'legend' to some supporters.

Funny I hated Don Cowie but liked Bozanic.

Both ran about but one ran just for the sake of it usually away from the direction of play.

On 01/06/2020 at 11:26, been here before said:

I always like Bozanic. Limited in what he could do but made up for it in effort snd a combatitive nature. Ive said before that he''s the sort of player that Perry Kitchen probably imagines himself to be.

Like most of the squad he had the life sucked out him by Levein but there were glimpses that were becoming more apparent under Stendal.

Id have liked to have seen him stay.

This generations Foster moment.

_111125664_19882743.jpg.42230117767bb176dafcf2151b53748c.jpg

Good luck to him.

_methode_times_prod_web_bin_4c56b69c-5d9d-11ea-9891-dcb2edabd2b0.thumb.jpg.a53d737541595f3e310b62758837a5e5.jpg

Fozzie on the fence

Bozanic on the billboard

Harry Potter
17 hours ago, AndyNic said:

How many good games did he have? Part of the reason the team was utter shite for so long. Cheerio and thanks for one memorable goal. 👍🏼

very true im afraid.

Haring still to have surgery so I doubt we will see him in a Hearts jersey this year if at all, hope so but.

Harry Potter
25 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Haring still to have surgery so I doubt we will see him in a Hearts jersey this year if at all, hope so but.

Now he is some player.

47 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Where did you read that? I thought he was doing rehab?

23 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Not sure if a clean up but defo still to get a " final surgery" he called it.

Bunny Munro
1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

Was in the EEN the other day. Surgery postponed due to the lockdown.

He sounded hopeful in the article but sadly I'll believe it when it happens.