Ben Kinsella...

coppercrutch

coppercrutch

Has his death got this huge amount of publicity because his sister is famous and Linda Robson is friends with the family ?

Just seems very strange to me that given the huge numbers of similar sad murders this one seems to have been given 'special treatment' by the media.

"Celebrity" obsessed culture as per usual ? Every story I have seen about it has had the following line "Ex-Eastenders actress.."

Why should that matter. She was the guys sister. That is the only thing that should be mentioned in my opinion.

PS. This is a sad story and the question is in no way taking anything away from that.

Rawrrrrrrr
Has his death got this huge amount of publicity because his sister is famous and Linda Robson is friends with the family ?

Just seems very strange to me that given the huge numbers of similar sad murders this one seems to have been given 'special treatment' by the media.

"Celebrity" obsessed culture as per usual ? Every story I have seen about it has had the following line "Ex-Eastenders actress.."

Why should that matter. She was the guys sister. That is the only thing that should be mentioned in my opinion.

PS. This is a sad story and the question is in no way taking anything away from that.

It was all over the media before it came out who he was simply because of the number of murders in London

Pretty much every stabbing/shooting down there is getting a lot of attention simply because of the violent murder count among teens for the year being massive

The People's Chimp

Yip, Prancer is spot on. (for once ;) ) Just about every murder down there is getting a lot of coverage, because of the terrible rise in the number of stabbings.

coppercrutch

Yes, but this has had way more coverage than most of the others has it not ? There have been 4 more similar deaths in the last week apparently.

Yes, but this has had way more coverage than most of the others has it not ? There have been 4 more similar deaths in the last week apparently.

I don't think it's had anymore than the kid who was killed in the bakery.

Rawrrrrrrr

I wouldnt say its had any more than the boy stabbed outside the bakery a few weeks ago or the one outside a bar which saw another boy stabbed - names escape me as im not bothered if the chavs if london want to slaughter each other

I wouldn't say so tbh. I would say that the coverage is about the same as it has been for the many, many other murders of teenagers recently. The only difference is that his sister is mentioned in every piece, I am sure that she is a little embarrassed about that whilst IMO it is not her fault.

I do see what you are saying, but I don't think it is happening in this case.

Its just how the media work.... for once tho its a good thing. It needs the coverage as its becoming a fu cking joke now.

Its a very vicious circle just now, for every one person that picks up a knife another two will probably pick one up for self defence.

Its worse that its kids who are NOT in gangs, makes every ones kids at risk.

Toxteth O'Grady

Does it matter which one gets the coverage?

It's a horrible crime and needs to be stamped out.

I know where you are coming from with the celeb connection but not every family want a lot of media publicity. The Kinsella family and friends are more used to it and are showing some willing to take things forward.

Good luck to them.

to be fair all 36 murders by stabbing have had equal publicity i think

All i wanna know is what is our pussy government going to do about it?

we need zero tolerance and we must settle for nothing less

instant 10 years in jail for even possession

it is time we started rewarding the good and punishing the bad

Archived