Jump to content
Theme From Sparta F.C.

Face Masks

Recommended Posts

Samuel Camazzola
19 minutes ago, OBE said:

 

Apart from a circus, who would employ a fat tatooed bearded skanky female/male?...:biggrin2:

Hibernian Football Club and Celtic Football Club are two immediate thoughts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OBE
Just now, Samuel Camazzola said:

Hibernian Football Club and Celtic Football Club are two immediate thoughts. 

 

:clap:...I've made the ultimate mistake on JKB haven't I?...I've asked a question...:jj_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dawnrazor
Just now, OBE said:

 

:clap:...I've made the ultimate mistake on JKB haven't I?...I've asked a question...:jj_facepalm:

😅😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
18 minutes ago, OBE said:

 

:clap:...I've made the ultimate mistake on JKB haven't I?...I've asked a question...:jj_facepalm:

Whether they'd turn up is another thing. 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mauricio Pinilla
9 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Decided to take advantage of being childless yesterday and went for lunch. Forgot our masks so picked a couple up in Poundland. Went to the pub and gave our names, listened to the "rules" then went to our table. 

 

Around ten mins later, an old man in his eighties (at a guess) came in. They refused him entry for a pint because he didn't have a mask to wear. I felt really bad as he didn't quite get why he was knocked back and watched as he left. 

 

Twenty minutes after that and, without a word of a lie, two cocky *******s in their twenties walk in. Neither has a mask on and when challenged on it they both said "av goat asthma, a dont huv tae wear a mask". The young girl at the desk was clearly out her depth so the manager came over. Again they said had asthma and didn't "huv tae wear a mask". They were then shown to a table with a menu each. 

 

Really pissed me off no end and I made it known to them when we were leaving that they were out of order. The old wifey next to us said she had never heard of so many young people with asthma. 

 

Now whether you're pro or anti-mask, if you want to eat or have a pint these days, you need to have a mask on. I choose not to go out to a pub or restaurant much because of that but when I do, I'll wear one.

 

It really wound me up that someone who has probably knocked his pan in for 60 odd years is refused a pint, probably his only enjoyment of the day, while these young ****ers just blatantly refuse to respect the wishes of the pub so that they can get a ****in burger and chips. 

 

Didn't happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
29 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

 

Didn't happen. 

 

:laugh::laugh:

 

Okay, you got me there. I made it up to impress you. Quite embarrassed that it didn't work. 

 

I know you won't, but why don't you contact the Carrick in Irvine and ask them about the guy in the pink t shirt and black trackies and one in a black hoody, trackies and hat that were allowed in without a mask on Monday. About 1.30-2.00pm, they can check the CCTV if they can't remember :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
9 hours ago, Do The Dance said:

 

OK, I agree with your rant on the younger folk, but why was the old bloke not wearing a mask? Let's be honest, all these safety measures are pretty much for his generation alone.

Mask wearing is far more about not spreading rather than not catching isn't it?

 

Not guaranteed, but more likely the younger one's will be shouting louder.

 

Pensioners without own teeth likely slever more though....

 

;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Decided to take advantage of being childless yesterday and went for lunch. Forgot our masks so picked a couple up in Poundland. Went to the pub and gave our names, listened to the "rules" then went to our table. 

 

Around ten mins later, an old man in his eighties (at a guess) came in. They refused him entry for a pint because he didn't have a mask to wear. I felt really bad as he didn't quite get why he was knocked back and watched as he left. 

 

Twenty minutes after that and, without a word of a lie, two cocky *******s in their twenties walk in. Neither has a mask on and when challenged on it they both said "av goat asthma, a dont huv tae wear a mask". The young girl at the desk was clearly out her depth so the manager came over. Again they said had asthma and didn't "huv tae wear a mask". They were then shown to a table with a menu each. 

 

Really pissed me off no end and I made it known to them when we were leaving that they were out of order. The old wifey next to us said she had never heard of so many young people with asthma. 

 

Now whether you're pro or anti-mask, if you want to eat or have a pint these days, you need to have a mask on. I choose not to go out to a pub or restaurant much because of that but when I do, I'll wear one.

 

It really wound me up that someone who has probably knocked his pan in for 60 odd years is refused a pint, probably his only enjoyment of the day, while these young ****ers just blatantly refuse to respect the wishes of the pub so that they can get a ****in burger and chips. 

Sounds like they bottled it.

Tossers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jambo89
12 hours ago, Morgan said:

The ‘fashion’ here at the moment is to wear your mask either around the wrist or elbow.

 

The earring one is also currently ‘in vogue’.

 

Strangely enough though, my wife claims that wearing a mask does impair her hearing.

 

 

 😅

 

My nana seems to think it effects her hearing, but  strangely only when other people are wearing them too and she is having a conversation!!! Don't think she has made the connection yet!

 

It reminded me of the old Tommy Cooper joke, " Doctor, Doctor, it hurts when I touch here, it hurts when I touch here and it hurts when I touch here" and the Doctor said, "you've broke your finger"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
frankblack
16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sounds like they bottled it.

Tossers.

 

I know - should have asked them to produce their inhalers then told them to bolt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salad Fingers
17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sounds like they bottled it.

Tossers.

 

Oh 100%. I did feel sorry for the young lass who was asking their details at the front but the manager should have had the bottle to say no. If they're going to let the young ones in without a mask then they might as well have said to the old boy, listen if you say you have a reason not to wear one you can come in for a pint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

 

Oh 100%. I did feel sorry for the young lass who was asking their details at the front but the manager should have had the bottle to say no. If they're going to let the young ones in without a mask then they might as well have said to the old boy, listen if you say you have a reason not to wear one you can come in for a pint. 

Also being a licensed premises they don’t even have to give a reason for not serving someone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Normthebarman
7 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

 

Oh 100%. I did feel sorry for the young lass who was asking their details at the front but the manager should have had the bottle to say no. If they're going to let the young ones in without a mask then they might as well have said to the old boy, listen if you say you have a reason not to wear one you can come in for a pint. 

Disagree. It's not the managers place to decide whether the lads had asthma or not. The pub did everything correct, in fact they did more than required by pushing back the initial claim of asthma. The failure here is in the system. 

 

Personally, if it was my premises, I'd have a bunch of cheapo disposable masks for punters like the old boy who forgot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
15 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Also being a licensed premises they don’t even have to give a reason for not serving someone.

 

True.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brian Dundas
9 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Disagree. It's not the managers place to decide whether the lads had asthma or not. The pub did everything correct, in fact they did more than required by pushing back the initial claim of asthma. The failure here is in the system. 

 

Personally, if it was my premises, I'd have a bunch of cheapo disposable masks for punters like the old boy who forgot. 

I would have suggested to the two guys who wouldn't wear a mask that if their asthma is that bad that they can't wear masks for the incredibly short periods of time that they have to then they need to go somewhere with outside space only, including toilets. It doesn't safe for them to be inside a pub at all.

 

Totally agree with have a stock of free masks, especially as the regulations have recently changed and not everyone would be aware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DETTY29
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sounds like they bottled it.

Tossers.

Where is your inhaler?

 

What colour is it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
42 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Where is your inhaler?

 

What colour is it?

 

:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
9 hours ago, jambo89 said:

 😅

 

My nana seems to think it effects her hearing, but  strangely only when other people are wearing them too and she is having a conversation!!! Don't think she has made the connection yet!

 

It reminded me of the old Tommy Cooper joke, " Doctor, Doctor, it hurts when I touch here, it hurts when I touch here and it hurts when I touch here" and the Doctor said, "you've broke your finger"

Tommy Cooper!  Just like that!

 

:biggrin: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo 4 Ever

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...