Levein and MacPhee left on May 31st ( updated )

mitch41

21 minutes ago, martoon said:

Well said, my friend.

If my opinion has any worth, leave it there. They, and him in particular, will take you in endless circles and enjoy doing it. They love to troll on that losers behalf.

Seconded.  You never win with that lot.  It’s round and round and round with random questions, name calling and personal insults all in the honour of defending the great Craig Levein.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• Bazzas right boot

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Lost track, I thought you said you were an assistant manager. 

Boring and irrelevant either way. 

On topic. Good luck to CL and Macphee. 

We move on. 

I am, I was called a barkeep, don’t comment then if it bores you, go and watch the 2016 Scottish cup final Tosh.

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Are these notes to a tune on the flute?

I’ve no idea.  I suggest you google flute playing for tubes 👍

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Marty Byrde said:

Try 'he needs another transfer window' or 'the man who created the mess is best placed to put it right' on for size.

:gok:

Hahahaha 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Injuries - will someone please think of the injuries. 

TJ will be all over that, he gets a ping when that word is used in combination with CL 😜.

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Lost track, I thought you said you were an assistant manager. 

Boring and irrelevant either way. 

On topic. Good luck to CL and Macphee. 

We move on. 

We don’t move on until the day they stop taking money out the club like the rat *******s they are.  If you would like to move on then I’ve no idea why you are contributing to the thread?

Perhaps a prepare a good luck Kim Jong Craigy thread in anticipation of the 31st? 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

TJ will be all over that, he gets a ping when that word is used in combination with CL 😜.

**** me, I just remembered that :lol: he’s on ignore so don’t quote him 😁

Pasquale for King
Just now, Last Laff said:

👍🏽

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I am, I was called a barkeep, don’t comment then if it bores you, go and watch the 2016 Scottish cup final Tosh.

:laugh:

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Why would I watch that? 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why would I watch that? 

Because you wanted Hibs to win the SC. 

Duh.

Sometimes on JKB members start threads based on information in the printed media and depending on their opinion on the validity of that information tend to choose one of 2 options.

1)      Today I believe said source.

2)      Today I do not believe said source.

The result is that we get 9 pages of the usual complete and utter excrement sprinkled with about 5% of reasoned debate.

Well done us

Edited by 7628mm

Bazzas right boot
Just now, smiler said:

Duh.

I didn't want a rangers/hibs final tho, so why would I watch it. Duh. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, smiler said:

Duh.

NLTF (Never let TOSH forget) 😜

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

I didn't want a rangers/hibs final tho, so why would I watch it. Duh. 

Just to reminisce about your team winning the 2016 SC. 

DUH. 

1 minute ago, 7628mm said:

Sometimes on JKB members start threads based on information in the printed media and depending on their opinion on the validity of that information tend to choose one of 2 options.

1)      Today I believe said source.

2)      Today I do not believe said source.

The result is that we get 9 pages of the usual complete and utter excrement sprinkled with about 5% of reasoned debate.

Well done us

Aw shucks, thank you. 

Very flattering. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, smiler said:

Just to reminisce about your team winning the 2016 SC. 

DUH. 

Who's my team? 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

NLTF (Never let TOSH forget) 😜

Tbf, I still dislike rangers more than hibs. 

Not news, nor am I ashamed (of that anyway... .). 

I do border on hate for both arse cheeks. 

In fact, I have a cunning plan 🤣

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Who's my team? 

Well out of the 2 in that game, I'll give you a clue - it's not Rangers. 

Duh. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, smiler said:

Well out of the 2 in that game, I'll give you a clue - it's not Rangers. 

Duh. 

Ahh, out if the two in that game, yes. I know, I said it. 

There was a thread on it at the time. 

Not something I want to talk about  but if go over to party planners they will happily discuss that final or start a thread on it here if you desire. 

Not my thing at the time, definitely not my thing 4 years later on a Hearts forum about a different subject. 

Strange conversation. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ahh, out if the two in that game, yes. I know, I said it. 

There was a thread on it at the time. 

Not something I want to talk about  but if go over to party planners they will happily discuss that final or start a thread on it here if you desire. 

Not my thing at the time, definitely not my thing 4 years later on a Hearts forum about a different subject. 

Strange conversation. 

How many times a day is that thrown in your face, Tosh? 😁

Iirc, I backed you up at the time (probably why we're such great friends today) as I could understand your rationale. You saw Rangers as a bigger threat to Hearts in the long term and a Cup win might accelerate their comeback from liquidation? 

I didn't want the emailing, scuttling feckers to win at any cost but your argument wasn't an unreasonable one. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

That's quite an amazing comment from you.  You argued with someone on here abut the merits of Naismith and said clearly that Haring was a huge miss.  There's just 2 players, big players, who were missed and all you could say is that someone "gets a ping"- just to keep onside with your mates.  Unbelievable.

Vlad Magic
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Which one of the twins are you?

Spencer or Hendricks?

21 minutes ago, martoon said:

Aw shucks, thank you. 

Very flattering. 

In response. I was perhaps being a tad over generous with the 5%

Vlad Magic
4 minutes ago, martoon said:

Iirc, I backed you up at the time (probably why we're such great friends today) as I could understand your rationale. You saw Rangers as a bigger threat to Hearts in the long term and a Cup win might accelerate their comeback from liquidation? 

I didn't want the emailing, scuttling feckers to win at any cost but your argument wasn't an unreasonable one. 

Some on this very thread wanted Hibs to beat us so Levein would lose his job.

Let that sink in.

I can see another "thank you Craig levein"thread rearing its ugly head again.some of you honestly need to get a grip when it comes to that impostor

Just now, 7628mm said:

😊

Mr Levein does get us all going, water pistols blazing etc. 

Bad Religion
1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Let that sink in.

@kimosavi

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Let that sink in.

You mean Robbie, I take it. 

4 minutes ago, martoon said:

😊

Mr Levein does get us all going, water pistols blazing etc. 

He is certainly going to leave a legacy.

Just now, redjambo said:

He is certainly going to leave a legacy.

True. 😁

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, martoon said:

Some do it for banter. 

Some do it as they lost in the noble art that is  jkb verbal combat and use it as some kind of bat signal to call for reinforcments and Derail the subject. 

Tbh we ****ed that. 

Hibs winning the cup was shite, despite what many think I am not Steven Gray and didn't score the winner. It would have been hilarious if they'd have lost as well. 

Rangers having yet to win a trophy is great tho. Long may it continue. 

I've not even seen it. Nor do I wish to watch or discuss it. 

Tbh, we have bigger problems than worring about hibs or rangers and who it is better to hate more. 

You, like an adult accepted the logic, if not my opinion. 👍

Edited by Smith's right boot
David.. 🙄

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, martoon said:

You mean Robbie, I take it. 

No, CL. 

When we beat them 2-1.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

It is now 😉

25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

No, CL. 

When we beat them 2-1.

Ah. I thought it was in relation to the Cup derbies in 2016. See now it was the Lafferty/Naismith one. 

Stay safe, bud. 👍

Vlad Magic

Who would have thought it?

One mention of Talk Hearts and they all scuttle back there like rats being chased by a cat.

Bunch of spineless plebs quoting members on here so their mates can massage their pathetic egos.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Ah. I thought it was in relation to the Cup derbies in 2016. See now it was the Lafferty/Naismith one. 

Stay safe, bud. 👍

👍 You too. 

Stay alert.... 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

One mention of Talk Hearts and they all scuttle back there like rats being chased by a cat.

Bunch of spineless plebs quoting members on here so their mates can massage their pathetic egos.

👍

Bad Religion
9 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Who are you referring to from Talk Hearts?

That forum is ****ing terrible. 

16 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

why read it then ?

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

Which one of the twins are you?

Spencer or Hendricks?

Ive literally no idea who they are or what you’re on about VM. I’ll go for the sexiest one though if I have to choose 👍

21 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Who are you referring to from Talk Hearts?

That forum is ****ing terrible. 

There’s about twelve posters on there in total and it generally doesn’t make much sense. 

Why is someone going on there to see if they are talking about here because they called them someone from there :lol: I know it’s lockdown but that’s irony personified. 

I'm finding it very hard to mellow in my feelings towards Levein. 

He was given an absolute gift. Every manager wants the time and resources to put their master plan - dream, into reality. We see constantly managers getting binned because their project was taking too long, or not being able to implement any meaningful ideas because they are firefighting from the previous incumbents mistakes. Make absolutely no mistake, had JJ been given the task we'd be a solid top 4 side. He'd have been 62 during Budgement day, so still young enough to have carried out the DOF role effectively. 69 now, so that boat has probably sailed. 

You might say it was a lot of pressure, but he had the ability to bring in experienced heads to help guide and lead his vision. Guys like Peter Houston who we all know can work with Levein, but instead he copped out and went for Yes men like Daly and Fox. How can you possibly critically evaluate yourself if your underlings have virtually no experience? They're not in the position to criticise. Guys like JJ, Houston, BB will say exactly what they think. Christ, even Neil McCann might have offered something! Robbo being club ambassador instead of number 2? Baffling. Gary Locke could motivate a slug to start running if it was for Hearts. Again, more wasted talent. 

Then you have the utterly rank culture at the club. Another poster referred to Berra (our club captain) as being the sort who is in and out after training. We all know about Whelan's 'special' training schedule (i.e non-existent, turn up on a friday, play on a saturday).  So what sort of culture was this breeding when two of the biggest role models at the club are about the absolute bare minimum of effort? Both have played at the top level and know the demands needed to succeed. Why suddenly stop? Are our fans not worthy of that same effort?

I was watching James Milner being interviewed and he was talking about the Liverpool mentality, and they're training before training and working on things after training. Guys who aren't get noised up, even if they miss it once. That sets a culture of strong work ethic. Obviously, you can point to Naismith, but special treatment breeds resentment. When you're the club captain, you're the example. Being showered changed and gone 15 minutes after training finishes isn't acceptable. Allowing Whelan his own routine was ridiculous. 

Our players really seemed to struggle when Stendel came in, given that was the training example being set by senior professionals, I'm hardly surprised we are where we are. Whatever happened to Neilsons double sessions? Seems like our injury problems really started when Levein took over as manager.. Freak injuries aside, loads of people could see the volume of tweaks and pulled hamstrings seemed more bad planning than bad luck. 

Player turnover was utterly ridiculous. We were being faced with a new squad virtually every season - something Stendel or his successor will likely need to do AGAIN. This is a huge waste of time, money and resources. Continuity is so important, and there has been absolutely none in the first team for what feels like years. Its no wonder we're in this situation. Instead of going for guys who could bring stability and reinforce our place in the league, we went for punts like White, Amankwaa, Osh. We were supposed to be pursuing a youth centric strategy. Guys like Cochrane, McDonald, Irving, Moore, these should have been the 'punts'. Having a stable, competitive squad well drilled and knowing their roles was imperative. Instead he chopped and changed every season, gambling on absolute dross and filling it out with journeymen who have no right to be at a club our size. Done correctly we could have saw real opportunities for youngsters, instead it seemed to be all talk with only Hickey (who we didn't even develop) getting a chance. Cochrane was just as quickly punted out on loan, likewise, McDonald. 

Levein should be absolutely ashamed of himself, even more so for not walking away after this cluster**** finally blew up. He's wasted millions and now, we face demotion because he couldn't build a competitive squad with the 4th biggest budget in the ****ing league. 

As I said, finding it hard to mellow. 

39 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

They've been right about practically everything tbf. 

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

He was given an absolute gift. Every manager wants the time and resources to put their master plan - dream, into reality. We see constantly managers getting binned because their project was taking too long, or not being able to implement any meaningful ideas because they are firefighting from the previous incumbents mistakes. Make absolutely no mistake, had JJ been given the task we'd be a solid top 4 side. He'd have been 62 during Budgement day, so still young enough to have carried out the DOF role effectively. 69 now, so that boat has probably sailed. 

You might say it was a lot of pressure, but he had the ability to bring in experienced heads to help guide and lead his vision. Guys like Peter Houston who we all know can work with Levein, but instead he copped out and went for Yes men like Daly and Fox. How can you possibly critically evaluate yourself if your underlings have virtually no experience? They're not in the position to criticise. Guys like JJ, Houston, BB will say exactly what they think. Christ, even Neil McCann might have offered something! Robbo being club ambassador instead of number 2? Baffling. Gary Locke could motivate a slug to start running if it was for Hearts. Again, more wasted talent. 

Then you have the utterly rank culture at the club. Another poster referred to Berra (our club captain) as being the sort who is in and out after training. We all know about Whelan's 'special' training schedule (i.e non-existent, turn up on a friday, play on a saturday).  So what sort of culture was this breeding when two of the biggest role models at the club are about the absolute bare minimum of effort? Both have played at the top level and know the demands needed to succeed. Why suddenly stop? Are our fans not worthy of that same effort?

I was watching James Milner being interviewed and he was talking about the Liverpool mentality, and they're training before training and working on things after training. Guys who aren't get noised up, even if they miss it once. That sets a culture of strong work ethic. Obviously, you can point to Naismith, but special treatment breeds resentment. When you're the club captain, you're the example. Being showered changed and gone 15 minutes after training finishes isn't acceptable. Allowing Whelan his own routine was ridiculous. 

Our players really seemed to struggle when Stendel came in, given that was the training example being set by senior professionals, I'm hardly surprised we are where we are. Whatever happened to Neilsons double sessions? Seems like our injury problems really started when Levein took over as manager.. Freak injuries aside, loads of people could see the volume of tweaks and pulled hamstrings seemed more bad planning than bad luck. 

Player turnover was utterly ridiculous. We were being faced with a new squad virtually every season - something Stendel or his successor will likely need to do AGAIN. This is a huge waste of time, money and resources. Continuity is so important, and there has been absolutely none in the first team for what feels like years. Its no wonder we're in this situation. Instead of going for guys who could bring stability and reinforce our place in the league, we went for punts like White, Amankwaa, Osh. We were supposed to be pursuing a youth centric strategy. Guys like Cochrane, McDonald, Irving, Moore, these should have been the 'punts'. Having a stable, competitive squad well drilled and knowing their roles was imperative. Instead he chopped and changed every season, gambling on absolute dross and filling it out with journeymen who have no right to be at a club our size. Done correctly we could have saw real opportunities for youngsters, instead it seemed to be all talk with only Hickey (who we didn't even develop) getting a chance. Cochrane was just as quickly punted out on loan, likewise, McDonald. 

Levein should be absolutely ashamed of himself, even more so for not walking away after this cluster**** finally blew up. He's wasted millions and now, we face demotion because he couldn't build a competitive squad with the 4th biggest budget in the ****ing league. 

That was well said and would be a fitting time to end this thread and say bye bye for good to Cl and AM hopefully..

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Great post. Maybe because a lot of the opinion in there is the same as mine. Just be glad at the end of the month when the whole sorry episode is over.

23 minutes ago, OTT said:

Great post. 

SpruceBringsteen

Not going to quote it again because life is short but these pages aren't (:laugh:), however an excellent post from OTT.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
35 minutes ago, OTT said:

Completely aligned with this.  I've mentioned earlier in this thread that in the 6 years he has been here post admin; we only played 6-7 months of decent football in the championship under Robbie.  The rest has been poor.  Add in the Cathro debacle.  Ultimately, Budge is responsible for allowing this to continue.