SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Why was Ann worried it would look like a bribe if we asked for premiership status in return. It’s no worse than the bribe that was offered to effectively vote us out in the first place. And at least the vote would be honest.

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

4 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

The one thing that concerns/confuses me is that if there are no conditions for this money with regards to Hearts staying in the Premiership does this money then not just help the SPFL and member clubs fight any legal challenge we make ? 

Not if it was to be used specifically for testing. 

Hungry hippo
9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Can't see anyway the league can now be restructured now JA is involved, now way it will be allowed   to happen as it will look like bribery

i also worry now the guy has been outed the usual idiots in the Scottish media will hound him till he's had enough and bang goes our benifactor . I know he has committed to another 5 years but things can change quickly. 

I'm not seeing his offer to the SPFL as a good development but I'm happy to be guided as to why it is . . 

Good luck to anyone who wants to accuse James Anderson of bribery.

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

She's been playing chess while the others where playing tiddly winks. 

Meanwhile the BBC Sportsound have been trying to play Ker-Plunk but they've all lost their marbles. At least those who had any in the first place.

kingantti1874

Ann messed up with Craig getting the managers gig and then messed up by leaving him in post too long. then i think she took too long to hire a manager and in retrospect I think she also messed up with Stendel. However I agreed with the appointments at the time As did the vast majority on here.  Ann Budge never claimed to know much about the football business -  she admitted that at the outset,  hence why she was so dependent on Craig levein. 

all in all - despite the horror of the last couple of years.. she’s been fantastic for us even though the mistakes have been unusually costly.  I mean - with our budget we should have been able to appoint any manager and not end up in the position we’ve found ourselves.. it’s beyond ludicrous.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Boof said:

Meanwhile the BBC Sportsound have been trying to play Ker-Plunk but they've all lost their marbles. At least those who had any in the first place.

Ker plunk is too high brow for they arseholes 

Jambos1983

Given the Diddy top flight clubs can't afford the tests and therefore compete and now they can, what possible reason would there be against the 14-10-10-10 happening? Lower leagues can play. The Diddy top flight clubs will be able to play and the championship can proceed

50 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

By the end of the week hopefully David Anderson will do an interview and there will be a positive narrative around his achievements and this proposal.

And what about James Anderson?

David Black

The restructuring talks today should surely be the last process we have to go through before we start court action. We have tried everything and are getting nowhere. We have followed the advice and acted in accordance with it. There can be no more steps we can take now and I hope we start legal proceedings this week. The JA money will be ring fenced for Covid testing and nothing else.

Biffa Bacon

I am sure that the first item on today's agenda was "is James Anerson a Sellick or a Rainjers man" 🤔

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Bickfest said:

I agree.

It will be interesting to see what the court papers say when the interdict is sought................

Tbh, our legal advice in the end might be not to proceed to court. 

At the end game, I do think if we can go to court with a good  chance of winning we will, but I am prepared to be told we aren't as the legal advice says so. 

We won't go to court if we are told we'll lose. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Bickfest said:

And what about James Anderson?

😂😂

Riccarton3
44 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Well done Tom English  - just about the only real journalist with any credibility as far as I’m concerned. 

Send in a paper. Extraordinary from Doncaster.What a joker

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Given the Diddy top flight clubs can't afford the tests and therefore compete and now they can, what possible reason would there be against the 14-10-10-10 happening? Lower leagues can play. The Diddy top flight clubs will be able to play and the championship can proceed

Even more reason for them to stick with 12-10-10-10 to be honest.  Doesn’t even need a vote.

I think folk should relax a little. James Anderson - and others - are not going to invest millions in us only to stand by and see us royally ****ed over while they then give money to the same clubs that did the ****ing. As Ann has been doing, play the long game. 

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

The one thing that concerns/confuses me is that if there are no conditions for this money with regards to Hearts staying in the Premiership does this money then not just help the SPFL and member clubs fight any legal challenge we make ? 

Unless he just pays for testing perhaps, run by one company around all the grounds? 

Kirky Jambo
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbh, our legal advice in the end might be not to proceed to court. 

At the end game, I do think if we can go to court with a good  chance of winning we will, but I am prepared to be told we aren't as the legal advice says so. 

We won't go to court if we are told we'll lose. 

I’d imagine we are beyond the stage of assessing the likelihood of success. Ann has already said we have two QC opinions I think.

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Even more reason for them to stick with 12-10-10-10 to be honest.  Doesn’t even need a vote.

Yeh, if money isn't going to be such an issue then why change the league structure at all (from their point of view). I'm not sure this does anything other than hinder our plight. I'm coming round to the idea though of taking it on the chin, being the bigger people and holding our heads high though.

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, David Black said:

The restructuring talks today should surely be the last process we have to go through before we start court action. We have tried everything and are getting nowhere. We have followed the advice and acted in accordance with it. There can be no more steps we can take now and I hope we start legal proceedings this week. The JA money will be ring fenced for Covid testing and nothing else.

Someone mentioned we need to appeal to the SFA first.  I do hope not, it’s beyond ridiculous now. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Send in a paper. Extraordinary from Doncaster.What a joker

The only paper that should be sent in to that useless ***** is his P45.

Jambos1983
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

But all JA needs to say is the funds and how they are divvied up cant be decided until we know how the leagues will look. The offer could then look very different

The_razors_edge
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

I think folk should relax a little. James Anderson - and others - are not going to invest millions in us only to stand by and see us royally ****ed over while they then give money to the same clubs that did the ****ing. As Ann has been doing, play the long game. 

I hope to **** you’re right fella

Hectormasson
30 minutes ago, Deevers said:

That’s exactly the reason we would be taking them to court. It’s the commercial viability of a flawed vote against a set down rule in the organisations own rules. They would be seriously damaging our ability to trade. Had the full set of matches been played and we were still sitting bottom we would have had no case. However with what’s has transpired we have a very strong case - and the SPFL know this from their own legal advice. Game on now I reckon.

To f......g right we have a case !

Riccarton3
29 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Stuck in 2 minds myself, its a great gesture but a lot of then don`t deserve it. By the look of it nothing will change at the spfl.

Prefer if he funded a breakaway league. Sweep the current s*ite straight in the bin.

3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

...of course - that is tempered by the fact we won’t see football for a wee while which is of course absolutely shite

How's about, if we have no league football for a season, becoming a band of footballing wandering minstrels spreading joy at breathtaking performances where'er we go? Scottish football's equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters...

A couple of games against Brann in Bergen, Real Zaragoza, Standard Liege, Leipzig, Benfica, Hamburg, Shetland, Bordeaux...dammit...we could even play a game in south Morocco!

Just to keep a bit of match fitness then, once the Championship is back up and running - we romp it. Again.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Unless he just pays for testing perhaps, run by one company around all the grounds? 

This.

34 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

All 42 clubs?  It’s his money to do what he wants with it but that sounds pretty sickening to me.  An offer to support the lower leagues and it sounds like Doncaster has already managed to persuade Anderson to extend it to the Premiership (and no doubt take all the credit for it).  This is getting more depressing by the day, it really is. 

This is a really disappointing day for me. Not only has our "benefactor" been outed, but the SPFL / Celtic will now have their grubby hands all over him. Celtic will make sure that they steal the lions share and it believe me it will all be detrimental to Hearts.
I'm really annoyed at Ann Budge for outing what has been our essential lifeline these past few years.
What the hell was she thinking about throwing the Anderson's to the wolves? 

Independence
9 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

I am sure that the first item on today's agenda was "is James Anerson a Sellick or a Rainjers man" 🤔

Yes. After he answered ‘I’m a Jambo ‘ the next statement......so you a Sevco fan? I hate Scottish Football sometimes! On holiday that is the way questions go. So sad. I detest sectarianism, both old firm clubs and the west’s continued religious bigotry!!! I am Scotsman and Hearts fan for all my 63years! Nothing will ever change that!

3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You seemed very confident last week that we would be playing in the Premiership next season. Have you revised that stance now, given that even AB doesn’t seem to believe that will happen?

Has the thing that you thought would make this happen now come out into the public domain?  I hope not because if it has there has been nothing come out that makes us playing in the Championship any less likely. Looks like it is all about the legal route and surely that can only be about compensation now and might explain why Anderson is going to help the lower league clubs.

I’m still confident reconstruction will happen One way or another. I also still feel there’s a few twists still to come. I spoke at length today with my source to get the latest feelings and there was some good and bad points. The bringing out the benefactor was strategic move.

Strange that Doncaster wants to move quickly on a move with JA when financial aid is promised but he can drag his heels on everything else though 

henryheart

Based on what has been said, it appears that Mr Anderson is a Hearts fan. This is evident in his history of investment. This offer will not have been suggested without considerable discussion with Ms Budge, who will no doubt have enlightened him of who is saying and doing what behind the scenes in Scottish football. It appears that we now have the 'powers that be' circling around the bait. This offer has not have come out of thin air; I would be gobsmacked if there is not a reason for it which ultimately will be to Hearts benefit.  

Jambos1983
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

This is a really disappointing day for me. Not only has our "benefactor" been outed, but the SPFL / Celtic will now have their grubby hands all over him. Celtic will make sure that they steal the lions share and it believe me it will all be detrimental to Hearts.
I'm really annoyed at Ann Budge for outing what has been our essential lifeline these past few years.

Yes I'm sure Budge has thrown JA to the wolves and that's why he was happy to have discussions with the spfl 

3 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Based on what has been said, it appears that Mr Anderson is a Hearts fan. This is evident in his history of investment. This offer will not have been suggested without considerable discussion with Ms Budge, who will no doubt have enlightened him of who is saying and doing what behind the scenes in Scottish football. It appears that we now have the 'powers that be' circling around the bait. This offer has not have come out of thin air; I would be gobsmacked if there is not a reason for it which ultimately will be to Hearts benefit.  

Maybe or it may be he’s trying to save other clubs as well as make hearts successful.

Toxteth O'Grady
6 minutes ago, Boof said:

How's about, if we have no league football for a season, becoming a band of footballing wandering minstrels spreading joy at breathtaking performances where'er we go? Scottish football's equivalent of the Harlem Globetrotters...

A couple of games against Brann in Bergen, Real Zaragoza, Standard Liege, Leipzig, Benfica, Hamburg, Shetland, Bordeaux...dammit...we could even play a game in south Morocco!

Just to keep a bit of match fitness then, once the Championship is back up and running - we romp it. Again.

Self interest alert!

Hungry hippo
2 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

JA can look after himself and won't do anything he doesn't want to.

How you can be annoyed at AB when she is the one that has attracted all of these funds and will continue to do so makes no sense.

3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You seemed very confident last week that we would be playing in the Premiership next season. Have you revised that stance now, given that even AB doesn’t seem to believe that will happen?

Has the thing that you thought would make this happen now come out into the public domain?  I hope not because if it has there has been nothing come out that makes us playing in the Championship any less likely. Looks like it is all about the legal route and surely that can only be about compensation now and might explain why Anderson is going to help the lower league clubs.

I’m still confident reconstruction will happen One way or another. I also still feel there’s a few twists still to come. I spoke at length today with my source to get the latest feelings and there was some good and bad points. The bringing out the benefactor was strategic move.

Strange that Doncaster wants to move quickly on a move with JA when financial aid is promised but he can drag his heels on everything else though 

jamboy1982
12 minutes ago, Boof said:

Could probably arrange a game against the Shetland county squad!

3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

He didn’t want to move quickly until the criticism on Saturdays Sportsound. 

CavySlaveJambo

On the relegation with no league to play in. The EFL have confirmed Stevenage (or with today’s latest charge against them Macclesfield) will not be relegated unless the National League goes ahead next season. 

Something that the people in Hampden are all too willing to do. 

David McCaig
7 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Thanks for the update, what strategic benefit do you feel the benefactor gives us.

In my view it seems to have completely stymied the momentum for reconstruction.

Riccarton3
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He didn’t want to move quickly until the criticism on Saturdays Sportsound. 

He's quite unbeilevable. 

Felix Lighter

A few quick q's, if you please...

Does James Anderson attend matches, out of interest? Would like to think he is a PHM , rather than , say a philanthropist who supports what the club does on a wider basis ie community projects etc. Not that it matters per se.

Is it he who is responsible for the STC sponsorship?

With Ann Budge handing over to FOH in the not too distant future might we see JA in a more direct hands on role with us. Possible CEO or non exec role? Bit of a coup maybe.

Thinking out loud here.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Thanks for the update, what strategic benefit do you feel the benefactor gives us.

I don’t think it has stymied it, I don’t think there is any more or less chance (unless posters above are correct and there are indeed conditions). It does give us a greater chance of playing next season though.

this aside if it were me - my conditions would have been clear, dependent on reconstruction in top league repairing an awful decision .. oh and Celtic /hibs/ stmirren get **** all

4 hours ago, sac said:

Going to court for compensation whilst we have wealthy benefactors will just give the press/more ammo to kick us with.

if they hate us now it will only get worse

Bring it on. 

JamboAndrew
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Think ugly.

Like Paul Kane ugly.

Just did. Made myself sick. Now trying to unthink this image of a more ugly Paul Kane.

Edited by JamboAndrew

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

What momentum was that? There was nothing to suggest any reconstruction was going to take place, unless there is an SPFL club that goes bust.

Still think the best idea is to enjoy the weather while it lasts, relax and take a break from football. Check in again on Wednesday afternoon and let's see where we are and what has happened.

22 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Come on think about it....she would not have announced it without him knowing about it and she did not name him

So I'll trust her a lot more than your fake disappointment..and your nonsense about Celtic is just that nonsense

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t think it has stymied it, I don’t think there is any more or less chance (unless posters above are correct and there are indeed conditions). It does give us a greater chance of playing next season though.

this aside if it were me - my conditions would have been clear, dependent on reconstruction in top league repairing an awful decision .. oh and Celtic /hibs/ stmirren get **** all

It certainly seems to have greatly increased our chances of playing in the Championship.

I’m trying my best to keep faith with the bigger picture, long term, slowly slowly catchy monkey tactics we are supposed to be using.

But from my layman’s perspective, I just see that we have allowed our opponents to be cashed up to the tune of £7m and now we are the go-between for a deal which is going to further cash up all 42 clubs in the league, whilst allowing a narrative to develop whereby the morally correct solution of zero detriment is now seen as an act of bribery.

I’m not sure I’m buying the Ann Budge is really Keyser Soze argument.

Meanwhile, it is now more than a fortnight since we were expelled.

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, Felix Lighter said:

A few quick q's, if you please...

Does James Anderson attend matches, out of interest? Would like to think he is a PHM , rather than , say a philanthropist who supports what the club does on a wider basis ie community projects etc. Not that it matters per se.

Is it he who is responsible for the STC sponsorship?

With Ann Budge handing over to FOH in the not too distant future might we see JA in a more direct hands on role with us. Possible CEO or non exec role? Bit of a coup maybe.

Thinking out loud here.

Re your question as to whether he attends games, I assume he does as the only condition he has ever attached to the money given to us is relaxing the “tie required” rule in the lounges. 

Anyone believing reconstruction has anything more than the slimmest of chances is delusional. 

Won't happen. Not enough willpower from the clubs to make it happen. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )