SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Independence
7 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I have actually appreciated your balanced posts on Levein and the state of the club.

Unfortunately, your devotion to the Nationalist cause is seriously affecting your objectivity. An example of confirmation bias. If you can read the following I think this guy gets it:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/science-doubt-and-the-second-wave-of-covid#

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-way-covid-deaths-are-being-counted-is-a-national-scandal

As has been stated before it depends on the newspapers you read. Each newspaper is biased to its readership. The Spectator like all papers is no friend of Scottish Patriotism. The only exception of course is the National. Nicola Sturgeon's popularity remains very high  and the latest poll has independence at 52%. She is fighting COVID 19 with one arm tied behind her back because of a Unionist govt. You couldn't expect anything else to be honest. She and her government are doing their best despite Westminster and to do anything else makes no sense!

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, Ultras Granata 1874 said:

Quoting from the rabidly pro tory spectator isn't that objective either 😁

THe Spectator has been very critical of the UK government too. It is also one of the few papers questioning the whole scientific basis of this

niblick1874
24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

As far as I know she couldn't close inernational borders which has been shown to be one of the most effective ways to stop the spread. Not even sure she could set quarantine rules for people entering Scotland from abroad.

The snake oil salesmen of politics have taken you a walk. You like it but It's not pretty. The brown shirt never looks good.

1 minute ago, Independence said:

As has been stated before it depends on the newspapers you read. Each newspaper is biased to its readership. The Spectator like all papers is no friend of Scottish Patriotism. The only exception of course is the National. Nicola Sturgeon's popularity remains very high  and the latest poll has independence at 52%. She is fighting COVID 19 with one arm tied behind her back because of a Unionist govt. You couldn't expect anything else to be honest. She and her government are doing their best despite Westminster and to do anything else makes no sense!

The National is utterly horrendous

2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

THe Spectator has been very critical of the UK government too. It is also one of the few papers questioning the whole scientific basis of this

Yes, Mary Wakefield gave them a right kicking over Dominic Cummings.

Independence
1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

.....If you are a Unionist. It covers what it says on the tin. If you don't like it, don't buy it! 

5 minutes ago, Ultras Granata 1874 said:

Quoting from the rabidly pro tory spectator isn't that objective either 😁

The fact that the articles are ripping into a Tory government kind of weakens your angle. That doctor has written some excellent pieces recently. 

niblick1874

Anyway. The fight against corruption. Come on the Hearts. Bring the scum on. See that you scum. That is a court of law.

5 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Totally agree and get the Indyref politics out of this thread. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, niblick1874 said:

Anyway. The fight against corruption. Come on the Hearts. Bring the scum on. See that you scum. That is a court of law.

I’d rather we got reconstruction thanks.  

Just now, DMR123 said:

Totally agree and get the Indyref politics out of this thread. 

Ok I agree - it just seems someone always has to bring up SNP propaganda as if it is fact.

As for the court case I am all for it.

• Moderators

If you want to discuss the pandemic and/or politics in detail please do it in the Shed. 

thanks

niblick1874
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’d rather we got reconstruction thanks.  

Don't thank me. Thank whoever made you that way. 

1 hour ago, kila said:

Makes me wonder given the limbo situation. Partick maybe cutting a few free who wanted an exit, or maybe they are convinced the 2nd/3rd tiers won't be playing this year.

Wonder where Dario will go, seemed settled in Scotland.

I'm wondering if he is coming home to play in the Canadian Premier League, they are attempting to start up for a shortened season, I know many didn't rate him at Hearts, I was sad to see him leave!

So will some noise start to leak out tomorrow?

It sounds certain that there'll be at 14 team top flight being forced through by the SPFL board. What is unclear is if the lower tiers are going to be reconstructed to accommodate mothballing.

Wednesday is crunch time though.

Jamboelite
Just now, kila said:

So will some noise start to leak out tomorrow?

It sounds certain that there'll be at 14 team top flight being forced through by the SPFL board. What is unclear is if the lower tiers are going to be reconstructed to accommodate mothballing.

Wednesday is crunch time though.

Im just catching up why is this now certain ? Has something changed ?

niblick1874

1 minute ago, gator said:

I'm wondering if he is coming home to play in the Canadian Premier League, they are attempting to start up for a shortened season, I know many didn't rate him at Hearts, I was sad to see him leave!

I was sad to see him go as well. I liked him. I was rooting for him and thought he was doing well.

2 minutes ago, gator said:

Yeah I thought he was worth holding onto. Seemed to do well when out on loan, bulked up a lot and when he came back briefly last January and scored against Hamilton it seemed strange that Levein then punted him out again. Though Levein's decisions were baffling a lot of the time!

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

Don't thank me. Thank whoever made you that way. 

I’m generous to a fault. 

niblick1874
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m generous to a fault. 

It's good to see you can admit to your faults. 

1 hour ago, argyjambo said:

Well, imagine that! A RADIO programme described as unwatchable, the sort of post I'd expect on .net

Unfortunately unlistenable isn't a word :( 

I did wrestle with that prior to posting :P 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, niblick1874 said:

It's good to see you can admit to your faults. 

Everyone should. 

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Im just catching up why is this now certain ? Has something changed ?

Just a bold prediction.

I don't see why Doncaster would be asking the top flight teams reasons they would be against a 14 team top flight and how to workaround issues if there wasn't going to be a strong push by the board who can ultimately force it through anyway. I think Rangers proposal with colts was also about appeasing their fans who would be fuming that Hearts get saved from relegation while Celtic get their title. It's clear both arse cheeks are happy with a 14 team top flight.

The decisions elsewhere in Europe over relegation are showing what strength Hearts have if this goes to court.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, kila said:

Just a bold prediction.

I don't see why Doncaster would be asking the top flight teams reasons they would be against a 14 team top flight and how to workaround issues if there wasn't going to be a strong push by the board who can ultimately force it through anyway. I think Rangers proposal with colts was also about appeasing their fans who would be fuming that Hearts get saved from relegation while Celtic get their title. It's clear both arse cheeks are happy with a 14 team top flight.

The decisions elsewhere in Europe over relegation are showing what strength Hearts have if this goes to court.

Very bold. Hope you are right though. 

I’m a pessimist by nature but I cant believe  that reconstruction will occur and thus keep up where we belong. 

God I hope I am wrong but genuinely just don’t see it happening.

Said before we need to ensure that the Championship is up and running should the worse happen.

Hopefully things come clearer over the coming week but compensation might be the eventual outcome 

Edited by PTBCAL

niblick1874
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Everyone should. 

There are those on here will tell that in real life I throw things before I admit to anything untoward. Truth is, they are lying duckers 

Malinga the Swinga

Any chance we can stick to football on this thread. We already have thread in the Shed where anyone who is interested in Coronavirus can discuss politics and whatever without adding page after page of graphs on deaths and infection rates and it saves scrawling through more comments that have nothing to do with this one.

Hopefully by midweek we will have the news we all appear to want, but this being Scotland, I wouldn't be 100% confident on that.

GorgieRules22
13 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Very bold. Hope you are right though. 

It’s not bold in the sense that if they go down this route it stops any court proceedings. Common sense and you go 14-10-10-10, this way your awarding the teams for doing well and looking after those at the bottom while also promoting Brora and Kelty.

Not sure why this wasn’t implemented weeks ago.

23 minutes ago, kila said:

Just a bold prediction.

Per Sportsound yesterday what Rangers have come up with is something that Celtic and Rangers put together 2 years ago and has been tweaked slightly, so I agree it was a 'relevance' proposal to appease their fans  by keeping them angry. 

As mentioned elsewhere they have tried everything with their kids to get a decent return on their Academy, and continually fail, whatever the approach.

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Per Sportsound yesterday what Rangers have come up with is something that Celtic and Rangers put together 2 years ago and has been tweaked slightly, so I agree it was a 'relevance' proposal to appease their fans  by keeping them angry. 

It was an opportunity to present it.

Basically 3 years on when the same proposal was put forward. 

And the money needs of the lower level clubs make it potentially more attractive. And if we suddenly need more clubs to replace any that can't continue.

But realistically it's for another time.

The Verminator
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Another Partick player going

I can`t see any sort of reconstruction being agreed at this late stage but if it was pushed through and PT were no longer relegated, what would happen to these players who have left on relegation clauses, especially if they have signed for someone else?

Just when you thought it couldn`t get any dafter....

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was an opportunity to present it.

Basically 3 years on when the same proposal was put forward. 

And the money needs of the lower level clubs make it potentially more attractive. And if we suddenly need more clubs to replace any that can't continue.

But realistically it's for another time.

👍

5 minutes ago, The Verminator said:

I can`t see any sort of reconstruction being agreed at this late stage but if it was pushed through and PT were no longer relegated, what would happen to these players who have left on relegation clauses, especially if they have signed for someone else?

Just when you thought it couldn`t get any dafter....

Loophole? Partick maybe keen to thin the squad to help save money if some players are wanting out. But if reconstruction happens and they're in the Championship still, then Partick shrug and say well how were we meant to know? Unless Partick were wanting to keep a hold of these players and couldn't.

Hearts haven't released anyone on a relegation clause and Stendel is still involved which is significant I think.

niblick1874

I will post that picture when I think people (not just Hearts supporters) lose sight of what is at stake here. Get used to it.

Edited by niblick1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, kila said:

Hearts haven't released anyone on a relegation clause and Stendel is still involved which is significant I think.

I have often thought this too

The Verminator
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Loophole? Partick maybe keen to thin the squad to help save money if some players are wanting out. But if reconstruction happens and they're in the Championship still, then Partick shrug and say well how were we meant to know? Unless Partick were wanting to keep a hold of these players and couldn't.

Yeah, a loophole is a possibility - maybe a worm-hole is a better way out of all this lol

I’m sure budge said the relegation clauses in our players contracts were to do with wage reductions and not being released 

I know it was reported that some players were looking for assurances they could leave if they agreed to the pay cuts due to the shut down and others for assurances there wage wouldn’t be reduced further if relegation was confirmed 

7 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

I will post that picture when I think people (not just Hearts supporters) lose sight of what is at stake here. Get used to it.

What is at stake here, Niblick?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, biffy said:

I’m sure budge said the relegation clauses in our players contracts were to do with wage reductions and not being released 

I know it was reported that some players were looking for assurances they could leave if they agreed to the pay cuts due to the shut down and others for assurances there wage wouldn’t be reduced further if relegation was confirmed 

She did say that the pay cuts would be the only ones enforced, so nobody would get another cut if we go down. I would be looking to let anyone go who doesn’t want to stay, and a few others too. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, argyjambo said:

Well, imagine that! A RADIO programme described as unwatchable, the sort of post I'd expect on .net

Indeed. I'm also unsure why doing a sports podcast will suddenly mean he'll stop going on Sportsound.

niblick1874
15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

What is at stake here, Niblick?

What the **** are you asking me that for. 

Just now, niblick1874 said:

What the **** are you asking me that for. 

Because different people will have different views as to what is at stake.

I would like to hear, in your own words, what exactly you think is at stake here.

niblick1874
Just now, redjambo said:

Because different people will have different views as to what is at stake.

I would like to hear, in your own words, what exactly you think is at stake here.

My Hearts. How about you?

27 minutes ago, kila said:

Partick haven't released these players. 

The players have used a clause in contract to decide to leave. 

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )