SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Should these things not have been checked about 5 months ago? 

Make no mistake, Celtic are in full flow now. They will try every trick in the book to somehow stop this season. 

FWIW I don't think it'll happen and Rangers will probably have it wrapped up late March/April. We can only hope Lennon is still in the dugout to see it. 

No, smelltic weren't 20 points behind 5 months ago.

Edited by Jambo314

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

It's time for other clubs to start speaking out and questioning this.

Celtic should be getting called out at every opportunity and let them moan all they want.

Like all bullies, fine when doing the bullying, but when someone stands upto them start moaning like mad, just like the cowards they are.

2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Make no mistake, Celtic are in full flow now. They will try every trick in the book to somehow stop this season. 

FWIW I don't think it'll happen and Rangers will probably have it wrapped up late March/April. We can only hope Lennon is still in the dugout to see it. 

Indeed.  I can't see it happening in the top flight.  My worry is the Championship and lower leagues not getting to this 'magical 75%' point.  So that **** Doncaster could try his best to null and void them with no relegation from the top flight. 

12 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

All because 'Lenny' lied about St Johnstone. I can't stand those *******s.

A complete and utter shitfest is to be visited upon Scottish football because of the complete and utter arrogance of the perennial vicTIMS.

It's all about them, absolutely everything, and if it doesn't go their way they scream and stamp their feet like spoiled bairns.

God, how I despise those mhanky b'stards.

40 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

It's time for other clubs to start speaking out and questioning this.

Celtic should be getting called out at every opportunity and let them moan all they want.

Like all bullies, fine when doing the bullying, but when someone stands upto them start moaning like mad, just like the cowards they are.

With bells on.

28 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

A complete and utter shitfest is to be visited upon Scottish football because of the complete and utter arrogance of the perennial vicTIMS.

It's all about them, absolutely everything, and if it doesn't go their way they scream and stamp their feet like spoiled bairns.

God, how I despise those mhanky b'stards.

Exactly.... lennon has an unhinged rant slagging off all and sundry - sfa/spfl response: investigate all club facilities in the top two leagues.

Any other club questions a dodgy refereeing decision - sfa/spfl response: fined

Edited by Rogue Daddy

18 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He is almost right except that it’s 2 clubs (1 really) that hold too much power, not the SPL. 

Inverse Groucho Marx Syndrome.

Seems he has no time for the league that he was trying to get his former club into.

12 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The excuse they need to shut things down ,reading the full story ,the jrg want the full dimensions of the refs and the players changing spaces ,amongst other demands  .

Why now ,surley this was looked at back in the summer .

Has celtics paws allover this latest announcement. 

I like the message from Holyrood : get Celtic under control or pay the price. 

Smashing. 

7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Smashing. 

Where did you see this?... would love it if the SG banned sellick from completing the league, awarding 3 ppg to everyone else until the end of the season ..(yeah I know, cannae/won't ever happen.)... a 15 point deduction for bringing the game into disrepute though?!...(yeah I know, cannae/won't ever happen.)

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Where did you see this?... would love it if the SG banned sellick from completing the league, awarding 3 ppg to everyone else until the end of the season ..(yeah I know, cannae/won't ever happen.)... a 15 point deduction for bringing the game into disrepute though?!...(yeah I know, cannae/won't ever happen.)

Lennon complained about StJohnston so now the SG have asked the SPFL to clarify the situation at all "top" clubs. 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Lennon complained about StJohnston so now the SG have asked the SPFL to clarify the situation at all "top" clubs. 

Ahh... missed that. Just assumed that the spfl had ordered this in the hope it would lead to something bad and N&V. Didn't realise it was the SG 👍

Just now, Cut The Crap said:

Glad we've got a massive dressing room now. 😃

Two... one on either side of the pitch. If that doesn't meet regulations, I don't know what will.

50 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I've never dabbled in drugs myself but if you have any of what you've been taking going spare I would defo give it a wee try.

8 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

I've never dabbled in drugs myself but if you have any of what you've been taking going spare I would defo give it a wee try.

😂😂😂... I'll send the pink unicorn right over. DON'T let him give you the green and white m&m's! 

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

😂😂😂... I'll send the pink unicorn right over. DON'T let him give you the green and white m&m's! 

Woohoo! Canny wait!

Hagar the Horrible

If anybody is still in any doubt about Celtic and their intentions, than ask yourself why is the Lurgan Lunatic still in a job?  Spent millions, won a cup against a Championship club and nearly hibsing it.  And has blown 10IAR when 20IAR should be clearly on.  He is sitting  20 points behind Rangers, this time last year about the same gap reversed. His captain gets sent off inside 5 minutes on coming on, where he tried to do a youngster again,  what a hero, and was sent off by Willie Francis Patrick Alliaceous O’Malley O’Reilly O’Toole Collum.

On the 13th St Peter of the blessed east end issues a papal bull offering the most mendacious profound apology to the Celtic masses after swallowing an industrial grade sincerity tablet.   Not it might have been the most dissimulating apology but it was an apology.  That was the end of the matter we moved on.

Monday 18th; 10 days in isolation to gather thoughts and only one week since the end of the matter.  In walks a mentally disturbed   clearly suffering the most petrified of IED (intermittent explosive disorder) undiagnosed, he vented the most vitriolic waspish upon an assembled cast of the normally forgiving media.  While frothing at the mouth his querulous onslaught was unleashed.  This clearly contradicted his superior and he on behalf of The St. Peter  of the 6th Floor and indeed his church of the holy unwashed withdrew that apology, instead vigorously defended the Dubai Debacle while biliously attacking certain individuals and the Scottish Government, claiming more victimhood.  Are we now to believe that Andy Walker, Packy Bonnar and Murdo MacLeod have some sort of anti-celtic, anti catholic, anti-Lennon agenda,  He and the club was criticised from those with a pedigree that transcends the inherent hatred that emanated from the unholy of unholy football clubs.  Seems they are not all Neil Lennon now, just look at the insurrection at the Greenhouse.

The level of whataboutery was spectacular, yes he might have had a few good points, but it’s not the points, it’s how you say them, its why you say them, and it’s when you say them, they were drowned out by hatred.  Lennon embroiling remarks about St Johnstone and Hamilton were as unfounded and unnecessary as a QAnnon rally where somebody ate the last biscuit. But they did trigger the JRG to burst into action.  They wrote to all clubs to ensure that their own backsides were covered by delegating to all clubs a piece of work they should already know the answer to.  (Horse, Stable, Bolted)  if only these three words could be put into a statement to describe the JRG?

I still think Lennon tried his level best to draw the SG into a very public slagging match,  Probably intended directly to get the fans back on-side and circle the wagons after yet another anti-timmy assault on their culture.  But also to goad the Government to take action so they can get N&V invoked or at worse get the blame for their fall from grace firmly planted on somebody else.

I can only assume that St Peter of the rousing speech condones his appalling rant as there has been no clarification on the clubs official view since he with the viridescent grimace spoke on behalf the club.  Today would have been the perfect timing to distance the club by sacking him.  By keeping him in the job as an act of defiance is only cutting their nose off to spite their face. This speaks volumes and pretty much sums up Celtic like the equivalent of describing an anaphylactic shock in a nutshell!

There has now been solicited views from others within the game on the JRG, I hope they lay into the JRG for acting on behalf of Celtic, and if Celtic are not happy then change in the car park.  Radio Scotland to report soon…..

6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

If anybody is still in any doubt about Celtic and their intentions, than ask yourself why is the Lurgan Lunatic still in a job?  Spent millions, won a cup against a Championship club and nearly hibsing it.  And has blown 10IAR when 20IAR should be clearly on.  He is sitting  20 points behind Rangers, this time last year about the same gap reversed. His captain gets sent off inside 5 minutes on coming on, where he tried to do a youngster again,  what a hero, and was sent off by Willie Francis Patrick Alliaceous O’Malley O’Reilly O’Toole Collum.

On the 13th St Peter of the blessed east end issues a papal bull offering the most mendacious profound apology to the Celtic masses after swallowing an industrial grade sincerity tablet.   Not it might have been the most dissimulating apology but it was an apology.  That was the end of the matter we moved on.

Monday 18th; 10 days in isolation to gather thoughts and only one week since the end of the matter.  In walks a mentally disturbed   clearly suffering the most petrified of IED (intermittent explosive disorder) undiagnosed, he vented the most vitriolic waspish upon an assembled cast of the normally forgiving media.  While frothing at the mouth his querulous onslaught was unleashed.  This clearly contradicted his superior and he on behalf of The St. Peter  of the 6th Floor and indeed his church of the holy unwashed withdrew that apology, instead vigorously defended the Dubai Debacle while biliously attacking certain individuals and the Scottish Government, claiming more victimhood.  Are we now to believe that Andy Walker, Packy Bonnar and Murdo MacLeod have some sort of anti-celtic, anti catholic, anti-Lennon agenda,  He and the club was criticised from those with a pedigree that transcends the inherent hatred that emanated from the unholy of unholy football clubs.  Seems they are not all Neil Lennon now, just look at the insurrection at the Greenhouse.

The level of whataboutery was spectacular, yes he might have had a few good points, but it’s not the points, it’s how you say them, its why you say them, and it’s when you say them, they were drowned out by hatred.  Lennon embroiling remarks about St Johnstone and Hamilton were as unfounded and unnecessary as a QAnnon rally where somebody ate the last biscuit. But they did trigger the JRG to burst into action.  They wrote to all clubs to ensure that their own backsides were covered by delegating to all clubs a piece of work they should already know the answer to.  (Horse, Stable, Bolted)  if only these three words could be put into a statement to describe the JRG?

I still think Lennon tried his level best to draw the SG into a very public slagging match,  Probably intended directly to get the fans back on-side and circle the wagons after yet another anti-timmy assault on their culture.  But also to goad the Government to take action so they can get N&V invoked or at worse get the blame for their fall from grace firmly planted on somebody else.

I can only assume that St Peter of the rousing speech condones his appalling rant as there has been no clarification on the clubs official view since he with the viridescent grimace spoke on behalf the club.  Today would have been the perfect timing to distance the club by sacking him.  By keeping him in the job as an act of defiance is only cutting their nose off to spite their face. This speaks volumes and pretty much sums up Celtic like the equivalent of describing an anaphylactic shock in a nutshell!

There has now been solicited views from others within the game on the JRG, I hope they lay into the JRG for acting on behalf of Celtic, and if Celtic are not happy then change in the car park.  Radio Scotland to report soon…..

Brilliant!

3 hours ago, RENE said:

Thought I read the other day that the facilities at clubs were checked and all were ok'ed.

If Celtic or any club has an issue with another club's covid compliance, it should be brought up when both club's Covid Officers meet up before the game, where changes can be asked.

Clubs are asked to make changes within reason (one way systems etc) but not spend £100ks on new changing rooms.

For their Hamilton experience, Celtic should have complained and Hamilton foubd them space for team talks.  If that was their outdoor car park, so be it and tell Celtic to book a hotel for post game showering and so on.

3 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

Glad we've got a massive dressing room now. 😃

We have 4 dressing rooms. The other team can get changed at the wheatfield stand if need be.

12 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

We have 4 dressing rooms. The other team can get changed at the wheatfield stand if need be.

I think they already are arent they

4 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Smashing. 

What was said

15 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

You're right and I think they already do!

Big Team!

:verysmug:

23 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

They already do. 

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

What was said

NANOJAMBO (a few posts above) said that it was the SG that told the SPFL to clarify the situation regarding changing rooms.

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

They do, check at HT on Saturday they go off into the Wheatfield. 

18 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

NANOJAMBO (a few posts above) said that it was the SG that told the SPFL to clarify the situation regarding changing rooms.

thank you

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Has that been confirmed?

35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Has that been confirmed?

I suspect that someone will have to get that info from the East End of Glasgow as they seem to tell everyone that it is the SG that tell them what to do.

2 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Do I detect a theme?

9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Your source for this?

13 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

A sensible explanation would be that the JRG drew up requirements for all these facilities before football restarted at the beginning of this season, and notified all clubs of these requirements. If all clubs then said they could and would meet those requirements, that should have been it. There shouldn't have been any need for all clubs to actually provide full details to the JRG, including plans and measurements, for how they would meet those requirements.  Now, it's probably the case that either the SG has asked the JRG to provide details of how all clubs are meeting the requirements, or the JRG are concerned about whether clubs are really meeting the requirements, no doubt prompted by Popcorn Teeth's outbursts!

15 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

A sensible explanation would be that the JRG drew up requirements for all these facilities before football restarted at the beginning of this season, and notified all clubs of these requirements. If all clubs then said they could and would meet those requirements, that should have been it. There shouldn't have been any need for all clubs to actually provide full details to the JRG, including plans and measurements, for how they would meet those requirements.  Now, it's probably the case that either the SG has asked the JRG to provide details of how all clubs are meeting the requirements, or the JRG are concerned about whether clubs are really meeting the requirements, no doubt prompted by Popcorn Teeth's outbursts!

It’s a pity that theJRG didn’t draw up guidelines about taking a team abroad for a jolly and allowing the players to get pissed sitting around the pool.

37 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

It’s a pity that theJRG didn’t draw up guidelines about taking a team abroad for a jolly and allowing the players to get pissed sitting around the pool.

Agreed

11 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Your source for this?

BBC are reporting it followed a concern raised last week in the meeting of 42 clubs.

"At a 42-club SPFL meeting last week, one club raised the issue of space given to visiting teams at stadiums.

The Joint Response Group responded by emailing clubs in the top two tiers to ask them to review what they provide."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55753738

5 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

BBC are reporting it followed a concern raised last week in the meeting of 42 clubs.

"At a 42-club SPFL meeting last week, one club raised the issue of space given to visiting teams at stadiums.

The Joint Response Group responded by emailing clubs in the top two tiers to ask them to review what they provide."

Well now I wonder which team that might be!  Hmmmm .

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

This all follows on from Lennons rant on Monday .the premier teams have been going to each others grounds for almost six months now .how has this not been raised this before if they are having problems with rooms at grounds .or is it the old problem that no one listened to them  

7 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

This all follows on from Lennons rant on Monday .the premier teams have been going to each others grounds for almost six months now .how has this not been raised this before if they are having problems with rooms at grounds .or is it the old problem that no one listened to them  

And if McInnes was concerned why didn't Aberdeen follow that up?

Something isn't right. 

SectionDJambo
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Something isn't right. 

There's usually something that doesn't ring true with statements or decisions made by the SFA and SPFL, or clubs like Aberdeen and Hibs.

A more devious bunch would be hard to find.

11 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

I'm generally in agreement with you, but at the same time, the fallout from it has been highly entertaining! 

49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Something isn't right. 

Whenever someone says , I’m not having a go at anyone, they generally are. Aberdeen gets hammered by Ross County, up pops McInnes. Celtic blows title, up pops Lennon with an incoherent rant at almost everyone.

Conveniently forgetting that McInnes and Lennon were in charge of Premier clubs with worst record for COVID in players.

Edited by OldGorgie

May have been mentioned before but the SPFL/SFA and their JRGs are seriously poor 😀

Robbo makes comment about mental health...email sent out proposing suspension of leagues

Lennon makes comment about dressing rooms...email sent out asking clubs to review

Reactive, weak, zero guidelines, actually quite ignorant in that they never thought to review things like dressing rooms on a regular basis.

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

May have been mentioned before but the SPFL/SFA and their JRGs are seriously poor 😀

Robbo makes comment about mental health...email sent out proposing suspension of leagues

Lennon makes comment about dressing rooms...email sent out asking clubs to review

Reactive, weak, zero guidelines, actually quite ignorant in that they never thought to review things like dressing rooms on a regular basis.

It's crazy isn't? You would have thought that with football being 'privileged' - and being on a yellow card - it would have been a priority for the spfl to have a COVID Compliance Officer present at each game? It beggars belief at how football is run in this country - it never fails to disappoint. Breathtaking incompetence.

18 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Not so sure they are allowed to shower though which is ridiculous if true. The rule is everyone below top league has to get changed and go as facilities are generally p1sh. Ours are probably best in the country so you'd think an exception would be made. 

Each club should be assessed on its own amenities surely. 

10 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

It's crazy isn't? You would have thought that with football being 'privileged' - and being on a yellow card - it would have been a priority for the spfl to have a COVID Compliance Officer present at each game? It beggars belief at how football is run in this country - it never fails to disappoint. Breathtaking incompetence.

Exactly. What are the SFA actually focussing on if it isn't pulling out every stop possible to ensure games are played?

Ex member of the SaS

Why do they need space anyway? They do not social distance on the pitch and have top sports exemption so why does the changing room size matter? McInnes doing Celtic's dirty work again. Claiming he has complained so why was it not taken up before? One has to question time lines and what McInnes hopes to get out of this. As posted above they are the two clubs with the worst infection rates yet the GFA jump when they moan, one would think keeping your head down would be the order of the day.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

Just now, Ex member of the SaS said:

Why do they need space anyway? They do not social distance on the pitch and have top sports exemption so why does the changing room size matter? McInnes doing Celtic's dirty work again. Claiming he has complained so why was it not taken up before? One has to question time lines and what McInnes hopes to get out of this. As posted above they are the two clubs with the worst infection rates yet the GFA jump when they moan, one would think keeping your head down would be the order of the day.

Just because you may not like it does not mean Lennon or McInnes are wrong

There are questions that need answered and are not being explained.....how many can be in a 52 seat bus for example, the distances to be applied in changing rooms (if any) ?

As we have seen acting out of anger and frustration may not be the best way to go.

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )