FOH Statement 11/5/20

eck1874

FOUNDATION OF HEARTS

Dear Pledger

I am writing to you to keep you up-to-date with the board’s position following recent developments. We have commented previously on the incompetence of the governing body regarding the infamous 10 April vote. This failing has, in our opinion, been compounded by a shambolic approach to governance, a wilful abandonment of a basic principle of the guardians of a membership organisation (namely a resolve to act with a duty of care for all its members),  a depressing dearth of leadership at a time of crisis, an arrogant ‘our way or no way’ approach, lack of any respect or contrition, and abysmal communications. Scottish football is now widely regarded as a laughing stock, and fans deserve much, much better.

On Friday, we heard the news that the reconstruction talks had been torpedoed by a group of six clubs who are currently in the Premier League – and this before they had received the written proposals which were being developed by the task force. It is as depressing as the attitude of the governing body that these clubs used the pandemic crisis to destroy any potential for progress for our game, stating that this was not the time to be looking at change or something new. We disagree. The Foundation of Hearts stands as a powerful example of how and why a crisis is exactly the time for imaginative thinking. At a moment when the situation could not possibly have been more challenging for our club, a group of fans, criticised by many doubters and nay-sayers, dared to think differently, to embrace change, to come up with an innovative plan, and to make it happen. Being bold in thought and action did not distract: it brought results.

It is worth reflecting, too, that while on-field rivalries are the lifeblood of the game, we have also held to a principle that supporting others in our sport was the right thing to do and that it could contribute to the wider strength of our football community. For our part, we have been active in talking to fans’ groups from many clubs, outlining our strategies and offering advice. This has included clubs in the Premier League.

From now, though, our unwavering focus will be to continue to deliver total support on behalf of Heart of Midlothian. First, we will back wholeheartedly the option of the club exploring further action should we indeed be expelled from the Premier League. And secondly, we will continue to take the message to supporters that - even more so now - the Foundation of Hearts is the envy of every other club in Scotland (and well beyond).

Once again, through no fault of the fans, we are in a situation that feels close to being under siege. We urge everyone to stay strong and prove yet again that we have the right principles, the enduring commitment, and the sheer bloody-mindedness to ensure that our club prospers no matter what is thrown at us.

It may be that not all clubs will survive this crisis. Thanks to you, Hearts will.

With best wishes
Stuart Wallace
Chair, Foundation of Hearts

ford donald
Just now, eck1874 said:

FOUNDATION OF HEARTS

Dear Pledger

I am writing to you to keep you up-to-date with the board’s position following recent developments. We have commented previously on the incompetence of the governing body regarding the infamous 10 April vote. This failing has, in our opinion, been compounded by a shambolic approach to governance, a wilful abandonment of a basic principle of the guardians of a membership organisation (namely a resolve to act with a duty of care for all its members),  a depressing dearth of leadership at a time of crisis, an arrogant ‘our way or no way’ approach, lack of any respect or contrition, and abysmal communications. Scottish football is now widely regarded as a laughing stock, and fans deserve much, much better.

On Friday, we heard the news that the reconstruction talks had been torpedoed by a group of six clubs who are currently in the Premier League – and this before they had received the written proposals which were being developed by the task force. It is as depressing as the attitude of the governing body that these clubs used the pandemic crisis to destroy any potential for progress for our game, stating that this was not the time to be looking at change or something new. We disagree. The Foundation of Hearts stands as a powerful example of how and why a crisis is exactly the time for imaginative thinking. At a moment when the situation could not possibly have been more challenging for our club, a group of fans, criticised by many doubters and nay-sayers, dared to think differently, to embrace change, to come up with an innovative plan, and to make it happen. Being bold in thought and action did not distract: it brought results.

It is worth reflecting, too, that while on-field rivalries are the lifeblood of the game, we have also held to a principle that supporting others in our sport was the right thing to do and that it could contribute to the wider strength of our football community. For our part, we have been active in talking to fans’ groups from many clubs, outlining our strategies and offering advice. This has included clubs in the Premier League.

From now, though, our unwavering focus will be to continue to deliver total support on behalf of Heart of Midlothian. First, we will back wholeheartedly the option of the club exploring further action should we indeed be expelled from the Premier League. And secondly, we will continue to take the message to supporters that - even more so now - the Foundation of Hearts is the envy of every other club in Scotland (and well beyond).

Once again, through no fault of the fans, we are in a situation that feels close to being under siege. We urge everyone to stay strong and prove yet again that we have the right principles, the enduring commitment, and the sheer bloody-mindedness to ensure that our club prospers no matter what is thrown at us.

It may be that not all clubs will survive this crisis. Thanks to you, Hearts will.

With best wishes
Stuart Wallace
Chair, Foundation of Hearts

This what I want from a FOH chairman!

Nelly Terraces

I've been critical of FoH in this & other matters the past 2 or 3 years but that is more than decent. Hard hitting, gets to the point & is a galvanising message for all HMFC fans to get right behind.

Well played. 

Silvery_Moon

Good statement. Could I ask that this doesn't get merged into the mega thread please mods. I'm finding it hard to go through all of that. 🙂 

Selkirkhmfc1874

That's a good statement! Going forward what hopefully this will do is unite the Football club and the supporters to have a siege mentality and only care about Heart Of Midlothian 

Exactly what I wanted to hear from the FOH. Came through at the same time as confirmation of finance on season ticket, two good news emails in the one day.

Ex member of the SaS

Glad to see they will be withholding assistance to other fans groups who want to follow our lead. Let them find their own way. Nice to know Hibs will never find that way as their sugar daddy will take, take, take all the while pretending to give the fans a say.

ToadKiller Dog

I fully support his statement .

His comment of "supporters feeling under siege through no fault of their own"  is spot on.

David Black

I never thought FOH had that in them. Absolutely brilliant statement Stuart.

Edited by David Black

We cannot force the issue of league reconstruction, majority rules so we have to suck it. Well let's take the consequence of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and drop down a league, but lets make damn sure we come back up first time, like the 2014/15 season and once we are back where we should be I hope this club doesn't give the steam of their shit to those who decided we, Partick Thistle and Stranraer, along with the clubs vying for promotion into League 3, deserved a double dose of financial punishment for something outwith anyone's control.

Edited by Macros

jambo-in-furness

Great statement Stuart,  all we need know now is how and where do we send pledges/money that will be ringfenced for the legal challenge?

Edited by jambo-in-furness
Spelling error

highlandjambo3

Quote:

”It may be that not all clubs will survive this crisis. Thanks to you, Hearts will”

YESSSS......pledge just went up.......inty these goons..............I expect a ‘way forward’ statement from AB in the next couple of days.

Very happy with this statement-I have renewed for myself and my 2 lads-we will be there whenever and wherever our beloved HMFC enter the field of play again.

In adversity we pull together-it’s what makes us what we are.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Not the most literate piece but gets the point over. 

Got a Kickback vibe to it,  what I would write here, I might refine to a broader audience 

Lone Striker

Well done, Stuart. Just doubled my monthly pledge.  Let's do everything we can to get our mates to increase theirs too. Always - and only - Hearts. !!

Pistol1874

It is a good statement. The one commenting on how we’ve spunked so much money only to be sat bottom of the league behind such football luminaries as Ross County, Hamilton, Livingston and St Johnstone, whose fans could share the Wheatfield with very few being turned away, should be a belter too.

Edited by Pistol1874

jambo-in-furness
1 minute ago, Pistol1874 said:

It is a good statement. The one commenting on how we’ve spunked so much money only to be sat bottom of the league behind such football luminaries as Ross County, Hamilton, Livingston and St Johnstone whose fans could share the Wheatfield with very few being turned away, should be a belter too.

Respectfully you need to take your Forum Handle,  point it to your head and squeeze the trigger. 

43 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Great statement Stuart,  all we need know now is how and where do we send pledges/money that will be ringfenced for the legal challenge?

This 100%

Well done FOH, that’s more like it. The gloves are off now. We need all the fans to come together, which in fairness, is how it’s looking

I’m ready for a fight now, and certainly not by the Queensberry rules.

Bring it on.

HEARTS FOREVER
32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not the most literate piece but gets the point over. 

Got a Kickback vibe to it,  what I would write here, I might refine to a broader audience 

🤦‍♂️

Pistol1874
2 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Respectfully you need to take your Forum Handle,  point it to your head and squeeze the trigger. 

Ach, we’ll just carry on as we are then, that’s going brilliantly. 🤦🏻‍♂️

kevins_barnet

So no apology from Mr Wallace then for sitting idly by for the last 18 months as our team got worse and worse on the pitch and turned into a shambles off it. The thought of him running the club once FOH take over ownership gives me the fear. He is a as culpable as Budge is IMO for the situation in which we find ourselves. 

Edited by kevins_barnet

I'm upping my pledge after that. Great statement. Let's take down anyone we can with us in Scottish Football. Hearts Forever.

jambo-in-furness
3 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

Ach, we’ll just carry on as we are then, that’s going brilliantly. 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, kevins_barnet said:

So no apology from Mr Wallace then for sitting idly by for the last 18 months as our team got worse and worse on the pitch and turned into a shambles off it. The though my of him running the club once FOH take over ownership gives me the fear. He is a as culpable as Budge is IMO for the situation in which we find ourselves. 

You guys DO know that the FOH don’t and won’t have any say on team selection I presume.

Great Statement. Now need a similar on from the club. I did'nt realise that the 6 clubs did not have the decency to at least read the proposal before voting against it.

Said on the mega thread that’s how to bare your teeth, we’ve been soft for too long. Oh! And you negative nancies that have posted ? Go start a negative nancie thread elsewhere 👍

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Jambo1956 said:

Great Statement. Now need a similar on from the club. I did'nt realise that the 6 clubs did not have the decency to at least read the proposal before voting against it.

The club statement mentioned that as well iirc. 

Pistol1874
2 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

You guys DO know that the FOH don’t and won’t have any say on team selection I presume.

You cannot be suggesting that the only failings at Heart of Midlothian are on the pitch? 

Pistol1874
4 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Said on the mega thread that’s how to bare your teeth, we’ve been soft for too long. Oh! And you negative nancies that have posted ? Go start a negative nancie thread elsewhere 👍

I’m sure the Mods will confirm whether any posts are off topic. 👍

Just now, Pistol1874 said:

I’m sure the Mods will confirm whether any posts are off topic. 👍

👍

22games nro

after a year of having to cancel my DD due to circumstances  i've just now got back on the wagon.........and it felt good !!!

only hearts.jpg

gorgie rd eh11
33 minutes ago, kevins_barnet said:

So no apology from Mr Wallace then for sitting idly by for the last 18 months as our team got worse and worse on the pitch and turned into a shambles off it. The thought of him running the club once FOH take over ownership gives me the fear. He is a as culpable as Budge is IMO for the situation in which we find ourselves. 

Your own teams scheme failed Kev. You should concentrate more on that.

Edited by gorgie rd eh11

23 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Team already picked for Saturday. 😷

Brick Tamland

Great statement and I would have loved it if he had finished it with “no hard feelings though”