FOH Statement 11/5/20

eck1874

Excellent galvanising statement. I'd like them to go even further and set up a separate legal fighting fund as a statement of intent. If the club don't take legal action, we can easily re-purpose the money. Maybe use it to get Craig a nice leaving gift.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Pistol1874 said:

Ach, we’ll just carry on as we are then, that’s going brilliantly. 🤦🏻‍♂️

What's done is done. Our league position is where we are.

He cant change it. It's from here on in he's talking about.

But then you already knew that.

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I've been critical of FoH in this & other matters the past 2 or 3 years but that is more than decent. Hard hitting, gets to the point & is a galvanising message for all HMFC fans to get right behind.

Well played. 

This.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, kevins_barnet said:

So no apology from Mr Wallace then for sitting idly by for the last 18 months as our team got worse and worse on the pitch and turned into a shambles off it. The thought of him running the club once FOH take over ownership gives me the fear. He is a as culpable as Budge is IMO for the situation in which we find ourselves. 

Hey....small steps eh......let’s deal with the battle in front of us for now.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Jambo1956 said:

Great Statement. Now need a similar on from the club. I did'nt realise that the 6 clubs did not have the decency to at least read the proposal before voting against it.

I commented on that yesterday......I’d have been going absolutely berserk if I was there.

highlandjambo3
39 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Good stuff 

Dumping an extra 50 quid into the war chest tonight

We have one of those now.........yesss

Bunny Munro

Don't think I've seen kickback so united for some time.

Great statement, I'll out my hand in my pocket again when the time comes.

Pistol1874
46 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

What's done is done. Our league position is where we are.

He cant change it. It's from here on in he's talking about.

But then you already knew that.

It’s the future I’m talking about. To best prepare us for that, might not it be worth trying to understand where we went wrong previously  and why? You know, lessen the risk of repeating the mistake we’ve made? 
Genuinely can’t see how that is in any way controversial.

50 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

It’s the future I’m talking about. To best prepare us for that, might not it be worth trying to understand where we went wrong previously  and why? You know, lessen the risk of repeating the mistake we’ve made? 
Genuinely can’t see how that is in any way controversial.

It's not ! 

This is not the thread for that debate though. 

This statement is about galvanising the support for the struggle ahead. 

Next statement will be about about fundraising and ring fencing funds for the fight. 

Pistol1874
40 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's not ! 

This is not the thread for that debate though. 

This statement is about galvanising the support for the struggle ahead. 

Next statement will be about about fundraising and ring fencing funds for the fight. 

As I said previously, I’ll leave it to the mods to decide whether or not a comment on FoH performance is or is not appropriate on a thread about FoH performance, perhaps you’d be good enough to do the same.

In the absence of any censure so far, I’ll say this; the mistakes leaving us in last place by 4 points in March, having just lost a relegation six pointer against a club with a fraction of our resources, leading to probable demotion go back months, some might argue years, and yet I haven’t seen any material review or comment from FoH.

The apparent failures of others however, has warranted comment immediately.

Edited by Pistol1874

black stump

Whatever the failings of FOH in the past, this is a great statement of intent. We cannot let these *******s do this to us without putting up a fight.

FTH

22 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

As I said previously, I’ll leave it to the mods to decide whether or not a comment on FoH performance is or is not appropriate on a thread about FoH performance, perhaps you’d be good enough to do the same.

In the absence of any censure so far, I’ll say this; the mistakes leaving us in last place by 4 points in March, having just lost a relegation six pointer against a club with a fraction of our resources, leading to probable demotion go back months, some might argue years, and yet I haven’t seen any material review or comment from FoH.

The apparent failures of others however, has warranted comment immediately.

This thread is about the statement foh released today. Comment on that or start another thread

niblick1874

A lot more than just a little part of me wanted to get to the bottom and read something that went a bit like this.

And while I am at it, on behalf of FOH. FTH, we hope you rot.

Pistol1874
6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

This thread is about the statement foh released today. Comment on that or start another thread

I checked, but can’t see you on the admin list, apologies if I’m incorrect.

Irrespective, and for the avoidance of doubt, I’m commenting on today’s statement. I initially said it is a good statement, but that’s true only insofar as what it chooses to address. I am though, asking why it (or any FoH statement before it) contains no analysis or criticism of those at Hearts who have us in this position, whilst being so quick to criticise those outside the club.

Hopefully that passes your ‘on topic’ criteria. 👍

Jingle Bells
Way to late.

To busy brown nosing Budge to realise the footballing side of the Club was going down the tubes.

Did nothing to protect the fans money disappearing down a black hole called JB Contacts pocket

A waste of space, imho.

Just now, Jingle Bells said:
Way to late.

To busy brown nosing Budge to realise the footballing side of the Club was going down the tubes.

Did nothing to protect the fans money disappearing down a black hole called JB Contacts pocket

A waste of space, imho.

Definitely not considering the current predicament the club finds itself in.  Nothing we can do about the past at this current time.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wow. I've been critical of FoH but this is the right message at the right time. We are going to fight these arseholes who have wronged HMFC. Man the barricades!

1 hour ago, Pistol1874 said:

I checked, but can’t see you on the admin list, apologies if I’m incorrect.

Irrespective, and for the avoidance of doubt, I’m commenting on today’s statement. I initially said it is a good statement, but that’s true only insofar as what it chooses to address. I am though, asking why it (or any FoH statement before it) contains no analysis or criticism of those at Hearts who have us in this position, whilst being so quick to criticise those outside the club.

Hopefully that passes your ‘on topic’ criteria. 👍

Pathetic but expected. Thank the mods for the ignore button 

1 hour ago, Jingle Bells said:
Way to late.

A waste of space, imho.

Time will tell. 

queensferryjambo

Good statement.

For those having sly digs at FOH and Budge in this thread for the time being try put all that shit behind you as hard as that might be. I am not saying forget about any grievances or concerns but there will be plenty of time after this to get back to voicing any discontent.

Hopefully the club goes to war now, it certainly sounds like they are rumbling up for it. 

We need absolute unity among the Hearts fans, FOH and the club right now.

Francis Albert

A good statement as almost everyone has said. FoH has always had a penchant for Churchillian turns of phrase - "the greatest fan movement in Scottish football history" and all that.

But (you knew that was coming) I think it is a great pity, having spent over £10m, that we haven't taken the final and relatively small step of transferring the shares to FoH in accordance with the FoH/Bidco agreement, and nor is there even any mention of when this will happen. I think the statement would have even more force if it came not from what is currently in effect a large Hearts Supporters Club, but from  the 8000 majority fan owners of the club. It is not a rich owner who is being thrown under a bus but 8000 ordinary fans who are exposed to the huge financial consequences of the SPFL and other clubs' actions. 

(And the argument that continuity is needed in these parlous times doesn't fly … Ann and the current board can and should remain in place at least until the next club AGM and in all probability beyond that).

alfamonkey

Galvanising statement, I'm fully supportive.  We need to stick together.  FoH monthly sub getting whacked up by 50% later today.