Jose gone and Vlad trying to shaft Screpis

Jammy T

Gigolo-Aunt

I thought Hearts with Screpis was an option to extend?

Not shafting him if thats the case, thats football.

As for Jose..

Thank feck.

Buffalo Bill

Just reading the article there, it would seem that Vlad will try to reduce the terms of Screpis' deal, which will of course see the end of his time here - a pity, because he looked a superb player; but as londonjambo enlightened me with yesterday - it seems South Americans are toast as fas as Vlad is concerned.

As for 'Bambi on Ice', I'm sure the Nuremberg fans will marvel at the way he shepherds the ball out for a throw in but does nothing else.

Buffalo Bill

kissthebadge

I know a lot has been said about the money our players earn but you can't help but feel sorry for the way they are treated.

Still, no excuse for the dodgy tan.

The Old Tolbooth
Just reading the article there, it would seem that Vlad will try to reduce the terms of Screpis' deal, which will of course see the end of his time here - a pity, because he looked a superb player; but as londonjambo enlightened me with yesterday - it seems South Americans are toast as fas as Vlad is concerned.

As for 'Bambi on Ice', I'm sure the Nuremberg fans will marvel at the way he shepherds the ball out for a throw in but does nothing else.

Buffalo Bill

I highlighted the problem that Vlad has with Screpis, if he's as good as that then it cant be seen that he would show Vlads Lith puppet players up for the complete pile of pish that they are (with 1 or 2 obvious exceptions)

Pants Shaton

I'm prepared to be shot down as a hoboconomist but...

I know from accounts of CO's meeting with London Hearts that cutting the wage bill is a central part of the latest Romanov strategy. However, I can't understand why we'd buy out Pinilla's contract from Inter Milan, only to release him, unless there is an acute cash flow problem?

Charlie-Brown

The AGM & most recent published account for Hearts state that UKIO / UBIG are happy to continue financing the club conditional on the wage bill being significantly reduced - given the losses Hearts made in 2006 & 2007 I'm not surprised there could be cash-flow problems at Hearts and I suspect UKIO are saying here is your finance (budget) for this quarter or this year so cut your cloth to suit.

The AGM & most recent published account for Hearts state that UKIO / UBIG are happy to continue financing the club conditional on the wage bill being significantly reduced - given the losses Hearts made in 2006 & 2007 I'm not surprised there could be cash-flow problems at Hearts and I suspect UKIO are saying here is your finance (budget) for this quarter or this year so cut your cloth to suit.

Ignoring basic employment law in the process?

kissthebadge

Doesn't explain why they'd bump a ?1.5k p/wk player though. Unless it's the ?5k a month travel bills the S.A players probably rack-up for their trips home.

frankblack

You could be onto something there.

If the 9000 - 10,000 season ticket renewal figure was a complete fabrication then that would significantly reduce the cash flow.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost 1/3 of our renewals due to Vlad's meddling.

ToadKiller Dog

It reads like another "could be" report from the Hobosman a "fears the worst" tale which says a lot but confirms nothing .

Doesn't explain why they'd bump a ?1.5k p/wk player though. Unless it's the ?5k a month travel bills the S.A players probably rack-up for their trips home.

Look - they've been trying to get rid of Screpis since Xmas

He signed for Hearts but was sentenced initially to Kaunas. He did not have it confirmed to him to join Hearts on Jan 1 and was sat in limbo back home. Now they are trying to reduce his modest salary

We now treat people like absolute garbage. Managers, players and fans

Ignore what NMH says - it is largely irrelevant these days

When he thought there was no chance of us having no manager by 30 June he was happy to say he would be most disappointed if this came to pass. Now that we are still in complete chaos he's chosen not really to do anything but trot out the garbage he has been for the last couple of years

itsnomarooned

There's nothing in employment law to say that you can't attempt to re-negotiate a contract/terms & conditions.

markletissier

i hope we don't chop him, in the few games he played he showed a lot of promise.

There's nothing in employment law to say that you can't attempt to re-negotiate a contract/terms & conditions.

depends on the tactics you use....

loveofthegame

Jose will be back in a year when Nurnberg realise how ****e he is and that he isn't worth what Romacock wants for him

Although doesn't the employee usually have a case for constructive dismissal?

Still a snide way to operate in my opinion.

Although doesn't the employee usually have a case for constructive dismissal?

Correct - depending on how its handled

Doesn't sound like there was much negotiating, sounds like Mad Fud just decided to cut Pinilla's wages.

Spellczech

Romanov's problem seems to be that he likes football but he doesn't like footballers. There are plenty of people on here who claim not to like Romanov but share this same basic principle too...

Jose will be back in a year when Nurnberg realise how ****e he is and that he isn't worth what Romacock wants for him

More likely that he will be a full internationalist after playing with a real footballing side with real coaches.

I know from accounts of CO's meeting with London Hearts that cutting the wage bill is a central part of the latest Romanov strategy. However, I can't understand why we'd buy out Pinilla's contract from Inter Milan, only to release him, unless there is an acute cash flow problem?

There is an acute cash flow problem. It takes the club 82 days (on average) to pay a bill. They're selling stuff on a cash on basis from a church hall. Season tickets went on sale way before any other club in Britain. The big earners are being kicked out with no replacements coming in.

How many more signs do people need?

Marmeladent?rtchen

Maybe Vlad bought out his contract to give him the control to change it. If the contract was worth, say less then half a million, and they were going cut his wages by, a reported 75%, then they could make the money back in one year. Vlad would also get the full sale value if anyone bought him later.

PS. HOBO :Bazooka:;)

I thought Screpis looked ok and if he's on just ?1500, and to be honest I can hardly believe that, then is he really going to make a dent in the wage bill ?

I thought Screpis looked ok and if he's on just ?1500, and to be honest I can hardly believe that, then is he really going to make a dent in the wage bill ?

Its clearly something personal - from the way he has been treated from the outset.

You know Vlad and his petty personal little battles with players

Johanes de Silentio

It's clear that THE MANAGEMENT didnae want Screpis in Gorgie in the first place. Why did they give him the contract if they didnae rate him?

Screpis looks like a decent player, and it would appear that he's cheap if he's 'only' on ?1.5k a week. The sensible thing, therefore, would be to keep him - THAT'S why he'll be elbowed - 'cos THE MANAGEMENT rarely make sensible decisions.

It DOES seem that efforts are being made to empty big-earners and 'hangers-on'.

Wallace is a ned - IF anyone is interested in buying him, I'd sell him now - he's trouble!

They may well now be negociating to sell Berra. I'd sell 'im for 1.5.m.

Goncalves is away on loan - let's hope we get decent cash for 'im later on - dinnae count on it, mind!

They may well be trying to punt Kingston, who is class, but his 15k weekly salary is somewhat burdensome, innit?

It's probably too late to sell Driver to Burnley now that Deek is on his way to Lancashire. I think Driver is gonnae big a BIG player anyway, and will move on for a far bigger fee than ?700k in the future.

If Crystal Palace are prepared to pay ?500k for Nade, I'd snatch their hands aff right now. Good player - bad attitude!

I think they will be trying to punt Makela - and Beslija!

Elliot has to go - for his own sake, if not ours!

If costs are being cut, there's a fair chance Mikey Stewart could be released, since he's kind of out of contract - shame, 'cos 'es a decent player - and he cares!

I actually think that it kinda makes some kind of sense to cut our losses with Pinilla - FANTASTIC player with an attitude, and we can't really afford to risk 12k a week on the off-chance that he might be fit.

They will probably be trying to punt Basso - unless he agrees a new deal.

If most of these players are punted, it might well be a good thing - we have way TOO many players, and a guid clear-oot could work wonders.

The main worry, though, is the quality of the players who come in - oh, and the quality of the coach appointed, in the unlikely event that such an eventuality could ever arise!

I suppose we should be thankful that some sort of effort is being made to get us out of the mess we're in.

Al.

Another thing we are missing is that - apparently - he has also played left back

Now, didnt we just lose a left back?

Now why would Vlad be trying to hack off what looks to be a competent (at least) player who isnt expensive, and provides cover in a position we only have one first team player for??

Must be because he really wants us to be a great wee football team

Seymour M Hersh
Look - they've been trying to get rid of Screpis since Xmas

He signed for Hearts but was sentenced initially to Kaunas. He did not have it confirmed to him to join Hearts on Jan 1 and was sat in limbo back home. Now they are trying to reduce his modest salary

We now treat people like absolute garbage. Managers, players and fans

Ignore what NMH says - it is largely irrelevant these days

When he thought there was no chance of us having no manager by 30 June he was happy to say he would be most disappointed if this came to pass. Now that we are still in complete chaos he's chosen not really to do anything but trot out the garbage he has been for the last couple of years

How rude do you feel you have to be? I doubt you really give a hoot about Screpis but this is just another opportunity for you to vent your spleen at Vlad. Beware your hatred and bitterness does not eat you up.

h-e-a-r-t-s

as we all know, in this country your boss can't simply say "we're going to half your salary, take it or leave it", which is what appears to be the story coming from the scotsman today.

however i have information that Screpis signed a contract when he came over from Lithuania which would allow us to release him if we so wished. screpis doesn't speak a word of english yet the contract was written in english and he signed it. so it seems like romanov was basically at it, hence why screpis's agent is now coming over, cap in hand, to salvage the situation.

h-e-a-r-t-s

Buffalo Bill

i'm concerned that 'bambi' may infact turn out to be an excellent player for nuremburg. he's one in a long long line of apparently talented footballers who have gone backwards under our regime. it's easy to criticise, but watch this space.

How rude do you feel you have to be? I doubt you really give a hoot about Screpis but this is just another opportunity for you to vent your spleen at Vlad. Beware your hatred and bitterness does not eat you up.

No ruder than normal about NMHs posts - remember I seem to be able to separate what people post on here from what they are likely to be like in real life, unlike others.

Have I ever been rude or pointed when we have spoken face to face for example?

Are you not sometimes rude to others on here when irritated? I'll answer that - yes you are. Its fair enough

People take this board far too seriously

Anyway, the fact remains that NMH responds perfectly fine to my posts which target what I perceive to be his absurd stance. I've been openly claiming he's had an absurd stance for months now and he handles it fine. But I'm sure he'll be chuffed to have a gang of one defending him on his behalf.

I have an issue with Romanov sullying the reputation of the club and bullying players generally. Screpis is just another he is treating like complete merde

And yes, I'll verbally berate Romanov every opportunity I have because he is slowly completely stripping the club of its soul, and strangling the life out of it.

And given that you've known me for around a decade and given then you are well aware I was a Jambo, and given that nearly every discussion we have had since we first spoke has at least touched upon Hearts you will know fine well I am no glory hunter.

Seymour M Hersh
No ruder than normal about NMHs posts - remember I seem to be able to separate what people post on here from what they are likely to be like in real life, unlike others.

Have I ever been rude or pointed when we have spoken face to face for example?

Are you not sometimes rude to others on here when irritated? I'll answer that - yes you are. Its fair enough

People take this board far too seriously

Anyway, the fact remains that NMH responds perfectly fine to my posts which target what I perceive to be his absurd stance. I've been openly claiming he's had an absurd stance for months now and he handles it fine. But I'm sure he'll be chuffed to have a gang of one defending him on his behalf.

I have an issue with Romanov sullying the reputation of the club and bullying players generally. Screpis is just another he is treating like complete merde

And yes, I'll verbally berate Romanov every opportunity I have because he is slowly completely stripping the club of its soul, and strangling the life out of it.

My my your getting hot under the collar are you not. You still don't really give a toss for Screpis though do? And do you know what the contract talks will entail? I suspect like everyone on here the answer to that is no.

And if you want absurd just look in the mirror.

Captain Lithuania

Buffalo Bill

Take it you weren't at the game against Gretna last season (last one). He was pony, he had several opertunities to shoot and he took one, it was a good shot but he had several more chances that game, for me, I think he was the difference, you get one chance, and he fluffed it.

And if you want absurd just look in the mirror.

Oh how rude :)

Not hot enough under the collar to go around shouting my mouth off giving "rows" on threads about posts directed at people that have nothing to with me :rolleyes:

You dont get it still though. I dont care about the ins and outs of the consequences of posts on here.

Its an internet messageboard - full of people with stupid aliases such as Jammy T and Seymour M Hersh. I can see behind the facades - some cant. Fair enough. Thats life

Seymour M Hersh
Oh how rude :)

Not hot enough under the collar to go around shouting my mouth off giving "rows" on threads about posts directed at people that have nothing to with me :rolleyes:

You dont get it still though. I dont care about the ins and outs of the consequences of posts on here.

Its an internet messageboard - full of people with stupid aliases such as Jammy T and Seymour M Hersh. I can see behind the facades - some cant. Fair enough. Thats life

I didn't shout by the way. Apparently it's shouting when you capitalise everything.;)

Oh and I'm unsure what you think i'm not getting. If it's your next sentence then you've mistaken me for someone that........ If it's about the pigs ear Romanov is making of running the football side of things at the club then make no mistake, I get it!

That's a disgraceful situation tbh. The put him out to Kaunas for six months, tried to pretend he didn't have a contract and then are now trying to renegotiate a contract they had already agreed to? FFS working for Hearts must be close to purgatory now.

If Hearts do pap him I hope he sues the sh*t out of Romanov, even if that does mean Hearts in court. The dancing queen thinks he can run roughshod over anyone he chooses and folk think he can change. Un-fecking-likely.

I didn't shout by the way. Apparently it's shouting when you capitalise everything.;)

Oh and I'm unsure what you think i'm not getting. If it's your next sentence then you've mistaken me for someone that........ If it's about the pigs ear Romanov is making of running the football side of things at the club then make no mistake, I get it!

You "........." enough to wade in and fight somebody elses battles....

:mw_tease:

Contracts appear meaningless to the cretin

Yet more hysteria. :o

Are you Screpis' agent Jammy? If not how do you know he's being "shafted"? :rolleyes:

And equally importantly, Screpis has done nothing for Hearts so we owe him the square root of zero.

Seymour M Hersh
You "........." enough to wade in and fight somebody elses battles....

:mw_tease:

My goodness young man. How you've changed!! So disrespectful of your elders (and betters)!;)

Dan Blocker

Rejoice

Goncalves gone and vlad trying to reduce the wage bill ... these are the first things he's got right in a while

My goodness young man. How you've changed!! So disrespectful of your elders (and betters)!;)

:movethatass:

Could be nothing but.....

All he players that appeared for the strip launch (home & away) were at Tynecastle for the video shoot today. Except for Larry.

Also I think that boy from Man Utd (Jones) might be there as well.

Seymour M Hersh
Could be nothing but.....

All he players that appeared for the strip launch (home & away) were at Tynecastle for the video shoot today. Except for Larry.

Also I think that boy from Man Utd (Jones) might be there as well.

Larry wa at the afternoon session of training but left early. Gave Tam R a big hug just before leaving. Didn't think too much about it at the time. Having said that he is one of the 3 players used in the stills adverts.

CornhillHearts

He is probably not good enough and will then no doubt be paid off, call it shafted if it makes you excited.

From what I understand he signed a 3 year deal with no clauses, if he doesn't agree to these changes Hearts would have to payoff the rest of his deal. Again this is hurting Hearts.

He is probably not good enough and will then no doubt be paid off, call it shafted if it makes you excited.

Trying to break a contract entered into voluntarily is being shafted. Dont let your agenda redefine the meaning of words.

Presumably you are content to waffle on about Webster "shafting" Hearts??

If he is that gash maybe Hearts shouldnt have agreed to the contract in the first place?

Who made that decision?

Whatever way you look at this Hearts have handled Screpis appallingly

Craig Gordons Gloves

Whatever way you look at this Hearts have handled Screpis appallingly

one of many, be they on the football side or on the non playing side.

Regardless of whether Screpis may or may not be a good player, the overall perception (and thats very important cos its not fact! :)) is that Hearts as an employer are a pretty crap employer. If any of our bosses treated us the way some at Tynie have been treated we'd be up in arms. Some would even post in the shed about it....:)

Geoff Kilpatrick
From what I understand he signed a 3 year deal with no clauses, if he doesn't agree to these changes Hearts would have to payoff the rest of his deal. Again this is hurting Hearts.

What no one has said so far is that we could be stopped from signing players if we dump Screpis in this fashion. The same happened to Livingston last season.

Archived