• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• merrymac

• Bazzas right boot

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Interesting, where you hearing this? 

Statement from rangers and it's on bbc website 

Maroon tinted glasses 2

Only takes three members to request then the SPFL are duty bound to to comply. Seriously hope we have already submitted a similar request. 

Finally...

Should Celtic and the SFA be bricking it?

This will only work if its not the SPFL who get to investigate this...

Bazzas right boot

Too many "statements" by clubs imo, ruins the excitement of an actual statement. 

There should be a statement that states what is a statement and what states what is just an actual communication. 

This way no one gets into a state about every statement that is just a communication and when there is an actual statement that states something it's not lost amongst the statements that state nothing. If we can state that, we all get in less of a state about every statement and can actually get into a state when an actual statement that states somthing is stated. 

WoolfordsHearts

I certainly hope whatever newco are coming out with lives up to the OP's topic name.

It'll probably not though and be the usual wind and p*** from them.

We live in hope.🤞

IveSeenTheLight
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Too many "statements" by clubs imo, ruins the excitement of an actual statement. 

There should be a statement that states what is a statement and what states what is just an actual communication. 

This way no one gets into a state about every statement that is just a communication and when there is an actual statement that states something it's not lost amongst the statements that state nothing. If we can state that, we all get in less of a state about every statement and can actually get into a state when an actual statement that states somthing is stated. 

You’re just stating the obvious

If the rangers actually had any evidence of wrong doing they'd be shouting it from the rooftops-and for that reason I'm guessing this is more pandering to the lowest common denominator type shite.

This is a total joke. How the hell can they declare Celtic champions, relegate us and say "err, we'll just forget about the paly-off this year"? Rules are rules, they can't just pick and choose which ones to apply. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, brianmc said:

If the rangers actually had any evidence of wrong doing they'd be shouting it from the rooftops-and for that reason I'm guessing this is more pandering to the lowest common denominator type shite.

Perhaps this is their first salvo.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

This is a total joke. How the hell can they declare Celtic champions, relegate us and say "err, we'll just forget about the paly-off this year"? Rules are rules, they can't just pick and choose which ones to apply. 

Tbf, null and void is also just making it up and applying a rule that isn't there. 

It's all just made up atm, there are no rules that consider what is happening just now. 

Hagar the Horrible

It will be sent to all clubs. Then to the media. But it proves the spfl audit was lip service. ITis going to get messy

12 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Perhaps this is their first salvo.

Could be I suppose..... Let's wait and see what they reveal.

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Tbf, null and void is also just making it up and applying a rule that isn't there. 

It's all just made up atm, there are no rules that consider what is happening just now. 

Its not  if league cant be completed it hecomes null and void. No making up of chamions etc (ie guessing where they would finish). 

Null and void is a very simple end to a season that cannot be finished imo.

joondalupjambo

All roads leading to a null and void league which keeps it at 8 in a row and what Rangers I think want.  Saves us at the same time and allows Budge to move towards league reconstruction.   I think we need to be patient here and let it all play out.

1 minute ago, joondalupjambo said:

All roads leading to a null and void league which keeps it at 8 in a row and what Rangers I think want.  Saves us at the same time and allows Budge to move towards league reconstruction.   I think we need to be patient here and let it all play out.

:lol: no it doesn’t. 

Budge won’t want reconstruction if it happened either.  

Edited by Last Laff

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Gambo said:

Its not  if league cant be completed it hecomes null and void. No making up of chamions etc (ie guessing where they would finish). 

Null and void is a very simple end to a season that cannot be finished imo.

It is unless TV and sponsorships etc want all thier money back. 

It's not a computer game, games were played, players have aged etc. 

Null and void is an option--I agree, but it's also an option made up just like the rest of the options. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
46 minutes ago, Kearney13 said:

Finally...

Should Celtic and the SFA be bricking it?

This will only work if its not the SPFL who get to investigate this...

Impartial QC should be employed

download.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Sir Gio

TyphoonJambo
18 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

It will be sent to all clubs. Then to the media. But it proves the spfl audit was lip service. ITis going to get messy

Wooo hoooo, bring it on. I sincerely hope heads roll

joondalupjambo
7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

:lol: no it doesn’t. 

Budge won’t want reconstruction if it happened either.  

Let's just wait and see, of course I could be wrong but from day one I have just been in the null and void camp.  If it does not go that way then so be it but as in 21's I will just stick until the bankers win😃

Edited by joondalupjambo

17 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Let's just wait and see, of course I could be wrong but from day one I have just been in the null and void camp.  If it does not go that way then so be it but as in 21's I will just stick until the bankers win😃

Sound logic and I hope you’re correct of course 😁

27 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Impartial QC should be employed

download.jpeg.jpg

He is a ***** he defended Neomi’s bf in her murder case as if he wasnt a scumbag enough before he reached a new low defending that cowardly *******

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, sassenach said:

I'm not sure about sponsors etc getting their money back.

We've still had ¾ of the season, and during that time the sponsors have already had their exposure, the TV companies have already sold advertising and subscriptions for that period, etc.

I think at most there is a case for ¼ of the money back, but not all of it. The TV companies also need to think of the health of the game in future, because they need an attractive game to sell subscriptions (although BT probably won't care because they are withdrawing from the Scottish game).

I wonder what the Dutch will do about the money, now that their season has been declared null and void?

No idea, it's an option but I can see legal issues dragging on with null and void, maybe not tho. 

south morocco

It’s all unraveling. The Dutch league calling it, The huge can of worms is now open, various tweets from caaragher and Neville, Lineker now debating the things we were last week. It’s amazing the amount of Celtic lunatics on Twitter being really aggressive, This is going to rumble on for a while yet

East Lothian Jambo
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

It is unless TV and sponsorships etc want all thier money back. 

It's not a computer game, games were played, players have aged etc. 

Null and void is an option--I agree, but it's also an option made up just like the rest of the options. 

Seems the most reasonable option though. 38 and 36 game seasons haven't been played to their conclusion.  Play off places cant be finalised therefore so many things are incomplete 

Harsh on the likes of Dundee United I suppose. Can't reconstruct leagues and promote ICT for example. It's some leap of faith to say they'd come up via the play offs with 8 league games plus potentially 6 play off games to be played 

There is no ideal solution.  Circumstances are unprecedented.  Null and void addresses something that couldn't be played to its conclusion 

East Lothian Jambo
8 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I’m calling bullshit, they’ve got nothing and are clutching at straws 

How they pay the bills between now and potentially January remains the biggest poser of all 

They must ordinarily almost be living hand to mouth. They must be up shit street just now. King can't/won't shore it up and Park is maxed out 

Massive problems at Rangers

maroonsgotop

just in case people haven't read the Rangers statement. Gloves starting to come off after today's whitewash which was sadly all too predicable. For me Rangers are out to get Doncaster and 1 or 2 others more than stopping Celtic being awarded a title as opposed to winning it which would always be tainted.  

image.png.d32293d621eea8e4c0e7a8f0d0721be0.png

Edited by maroonsgotop

I'm assuming there will be no professional sport in Scotland this year.  Many people will be of a similar view.

That being the case potentially, Rangers proposal is a good one.  The main discussion should be how all these clubs can survive without income for another 8 months or more.

Who won what is frankly an irrelevance now.  Celtic won the LC fair and square.  No other club won anything.

The focus should be survival for every club from Celtic to Cowdenbeath.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, sadj said:

He is a ***** he defended Neomi’s bf in her murder case as if he wasnt a scumbag enough before he reached a new low defending that cowardly *******

Don't think there is anything he wouldn't take on to be honest 

Back to 2005

The SPFL impartial lawyer will just reject the request for some reason that is not clear. 

It's like looking for an open discussion in 1970s East Germany.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

just in case people haven't read the Rangers statement. Gloves starting to come off after today;s whitewash which was sadly all too predicable. For Rangers are out to get Doncaster and 1 or 2 others more than stopping Celtic being awarded a title as opposed to winning it which would always be tainted.  

image.png.d32293d621eea8e4c0e7a8f0d0721be0.png

Not a brush in the world big enough to sweep this under the carpet. 

SPFL are in trouble this time I think 

Jerah Jambo

This just means that a bit of pressure has been put upon one particular club to respond.

The club that has said virtually nothing during all this apart from asking their supporters not to congregate at their stadium when they are declared nine in a row Champions and who four weeks were saying they wouldn't be champions until it was mathematically possible and  a week later had their manager saying give us the title now.

Their silence has been the elephant in the room in all of this but I think we'll find out shortly that's about to change, if thought you Rangers had the high ground on entitlement you might be in for a surprise.

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, brianmc said:

Nothing in their statement sheds any more light on what we already know. Rangers have to play the injured but noble innocent;  they've been at it for years.

The Old Tolbooth
26 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

How they pay the bills between now and potentially January remains the biggest poser of all 

They must ordinarily almost be living hand to mouth. They must be up shit street just now. King can't/won't shore it up and Park is maxed out 

Massive problems at Rangers

I hope you’re right, they pretended to side with us because it suited their agenda, and let’s be honest, every other club that votes the same way as us voted for themselves as well, apart from maybe East Fife, butnwhen it comes to Rangers, I seriously hope you’re right mate and they’re Donald ducked. 

It's not a big move from Rangers in grand scheme of things. 

There are other clubs (including Hearts) who back an independent investigations and today's SPFL/Deloite report is laughable. They set the narrowest of conditions around it so Rangers are are sticking their head above the parapet to keep their fans onside. 

I think any future meeting will crank up the pressure again, Doncaster should not survive this if Rangers bring genuine evidence. Rumours will not cut it.