I P Knightley

2020-21 Kit Design - Revealed!!

Stu_HMFC
13 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Whilst we’re on the subject of kit design, which are your top 5 all time hearts shirts?

307C0242-F130-46A8-BDB4-B2F63E90E2DE.png

3FC54DFB-436B-4362-BA09-38CC5C9B92CC.png

39AA4382-1913-48AF-94FE-6398187F3B41.png

I really liked these tops at the time I was about 11 or 12 

6BC1B081-1910-4028-81AD-B1F40DD32FF9.jpeg

33478813-1128-404E-89C4-0135C9410520.jpeg

Walrus
22 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I really liked these tops at the time I was about 11 or 12 

6BC1B081-1910-4028-81AD-B1F40DD32FF9.jpeg

33478813-1128-404E-89C4-0135C9410520.jpeg

Found a long sleeve home Reebok top in the attic last night. Really nice top. Material is a bit different than most other strips.

Salad Fingers
13 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

Whilst we’re on the subject of kit design, which are your top 5 all time hearts shirts?

Where did you find these pictures? I want a closer look at that yellow 94 shirt. 

Stu_HMFC
22 minutes ago, Walrus said:

Found a long sleeve home Reebok top in the attic last night. Really nice top. Material is a bit different than most other strips.

Am sure I had Andy Kirk 10 on the Home one they were good . I like the design of the badge in the middle . 

Edited by Stu_HMFC

Stu_HMFC
17 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Where did you find these pictures? I want a closer look at that yellow 94 shirt. 

Think that white one beside the blue Adidas/Wonga away top worn v Spurs think 2013 was never released or used . I remember reading it in a paper. 

Toggie88

'96 European/Coca-Cola Cup final one is still the best in my book. 

My second favourite is the reverse of that, which according to the link above was our 'third shirt' in 96-97. I think it was only worn once or twice (Raith Rovers away iirc). I don't think there was even shorts for it, as they just wore the usual maroon shorts from the blue and white away kit that season. 

Don't believe either were ever made available for sale either. A guy who had a ST just along from me did catch one when the players threw them into the crowd. Still jealous about that. 

Pasquale for King

Glad to proved wrong about the new strip.

AC2DE531-354D-441B-A39D-32196AB051BC.jpeg

tian447
5 hours ago, Walrus said:

I've got a 2004/05 Reebok Home shirt in the wardrobe, really nice material. A lot thicker than you'd expect, but it's held up amazingly well over the years.  Even the allsports sponsor - which is made of felt :lol: - has survived 16 years of washing!  A little bit faded, but still more black than grey.  It would have been the last of the Reebok kits before we moved to Hummel the next season. 

hearts-04-home-use.jpg

It occasionally gets an airing at Tynecastle, but it's my good luck charm at Easter Road.  Both times it's been worn there, we have won 3-1! 

been here before
17 hours ago, Carl Weathers said:

Was the all yellow away top only worn once and never released for sale?

17 hours ago, been here before said:

Dens, 93ish?

16 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It’s the holy grail for short collectors and apparently was given by one of our directors to a pub team in Mayfield. 

2nd October 93, got beat 2-0. I remember being at that game and the confusion of the team running out in yellow gear caused. Pre internet and mobile days so it took a while for the penny to drop why. Word was that it had been something that was noticed late on and the strips had been picked up on the way there. No idea if thats true or not.

I cant recall if there was a badge on the top but something sticks in my mind there wasnt- that could just be a bad memory though. I cant find any pictures but Im presuming there will be some somewhere

I had a look through some of my old programmes and Ive both the one for the game- which mentions nothing about the change- and the one for the next home game which mentions this...

20200524_152218.thumb.jpg.0e24a57e53502f9c2fdf0697a3f2fad1.jpg

Annoyingly the next home game v St Johnstone only features pictures of the game v Celtic the week before the Dundee game. None of the subsequent home programmes have anything either.

Barack
2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Screenshot_20200524-160718_Instagram.jpg

What's that? A mock up?

Agentjambo
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

What's that? A mock up?

Yes,afraid so.

Barack
Just now, Agentjambo said:

Yes,afraid so.

Don't be afraid. It's not very good.

been here before
27 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Could you make those wee triangles orange?

Homme
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

I probably shouldn't, but I love that. 

Ruud Krol
22 hours ago, NlGHTMARE said:

5. hea9596a_orig.png

4. image120_1_orig.png

3.   image017_1_orig.png

2.  hea9697e_orig.png

1. hea201415h_orig.png

Carl Weathers
2 hours ago, been here before said:

2nd October 93, got beat 2-0. I remember being at that game and the confusion of the team running out in yellow gear caused. Pre internet and mobile days so it took a while for the penny to drop why. Word was that it had been something that was noticed late on and the strips had been picked up on the way there. No idea if thats true or not.

I cant recall if there was a badge on the top but something sticks in my mind there wasnt- that could just be a bad memory though. I cant find any pictures but Im presuming there will be some somewhere

I had a look through some of my old programmes and Ive both the one for the game- which mentions nothing about the change- and the one for the next home game which mentions this...

Annoyingly the next home game v St Johnstone only features pictures of the game v Celtic the week before the Dundee game. None of the subsequent home programmes have anything either.

Thanks for sharing that.

Diadora Van Basten
3 hours ago, been here before said:

I am sure I have seen a video of the match recently.

Angel eyes

3-F2-DBF62-7-FAF-4-B15-A1-E8-C29-EC5-A7-
this is my personal choice of all  time favourite kit though I believe this particular image was a one of 96 league cup final and a one off not sure why? The shadow kit alternative was lush....96-98

Special Officer Doofy
On 23/04/2020 at 11:56, Anderson5 said:

I was thinking about this recently. How come the two clubs in Scotland’s most affluent city (and capital) cannot attract a single shirt sponsor between them?

Is it a simple case of the respective owners over valuing their clubs. Or are Edinburgh based companies just not interested in supporting local clubs?

We turned down sponsors, and signed a deal with the benefactors to display Save the Children on our shirts, for an amount that eclipses any traditional sponsor we have ever had.

Hibs just literally couldn’t find a decent sponsor.

Are you Hibs? I’ve thought this for some time now. 

PapaShango
12 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

this is my personal choice of all  time favourite kit though I believe this particular image was a one of 96 league cup final and a one off not sure why? The shadow kit alternative was lush....96-98

Yeah from what I can remember was a one off for the final. I didn't generally like the Pony tops that much but this one was cracking and the shade of maroon was a thing of beauty. 

Tommy Brown
12 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

I think we used it against Red Star soon after also.

droid

The yellow kit used as a one off against Dundee wasn't actually as yellow as the one in that collection of kits, if memory serves it was almost a pastel yellow. 

Up until a few years ago there was a picture circulating of Maurice Johnston wearing it at Dens. Can't for the life of me find it now though.

Placid Casual
16 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

Great shirt. What was it though with the ridiculously oversized styles of the mid to late 90s?

{Insert your own joke about Robbo wearing XS here...}

Placid Casual
20 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

That’s a belter 👍

bigdav
51 minutes ago, droid said:

The yellow kit used as a one off against Dundee wasn't actually as yellow as the one in that collection of kits, if memory serves it was almost a pastel yellow. 

Up until a few years ago there was a picture circulating of Maurice Johnston wearing it at Dens. Can't for the life of me find it now though.

Hopefully this works

IMG-20200525-WA0001.jpg

tian447
21 hours ago, been here before said:

2 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Hopefully this works

IMG-20200525-WA0001.jpg

From this picture, it looks like they don't have any badges on them - there is possibly a small white manufacturer's logo, but the picture is too low resolution to be able to tell.  There may be some merit in the "picked up on the way" theory - but how did they manage to get the Strongbow logos put on?

All very strange! :thumbsup: 

neilnunb
2 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Hopefully this works

IMG-20200525-WA0001.jpg

Wasn't this after the cup win at Easter Road? Remember going up to Dens in midweek as we were in a relegation battle and had memories of us playing in yellow. Seem to recall being sat at the opposite end of the usual away end too.

PapaShango
21 hours ago, been here before said:

Did we not win the game at Dens wearing this? I can recall being at Dens on a midweek winning 2-0 I think which was rare for that season as our away form was horrendous and we hardly scored away from home never mind won. Think previous to this the only away win that season was Hibs at Easter Road, also 2-0! 

bigdav
8 minutes ago, tian447 said:

From this picture, it looks like they don't have any badges on them - there is possibly a small white manufacturer's logo, but the picture is too low resolution to be able to tell.  There may be some merit in the "picked up on the way" theory - but how did they manage to get the Strongbow logos put on?

All very strange! :thumbsup: 

I think its got an Asics logo and the Hearts badge on it. You can just see them on the bigger pic.

tian447
3 minutes ago, bigdav said:

I think its got an Asics logo and the Hearts badge on it. You can just see them on the bigger pic.

Hard to tell from the pictures - having a poke around on old JKB threads suggests that it is just an Urban legend and it did have the full detailing on it.

The only other things I could find was this:

Which shows a truer representation of the colour - sadly, HD TV didn't really exist in the early 90's, and it's still not entirely clear what the shirts actually look like!

been here before
35 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Did we not win the game at Dens wearing this? I can recall being at Dens on a midweek winning 2-0 I think which was rare for that season as our away form was horrendous and we hardly scored away from home never mind won. Think previous to this the only away win that season was Hibs at Easter Road, also 2-0! 

Nah lost 2-0 on a Saturday. It was actually played on the 2nd which was the Saturday. The programme has the wrong date.

20200525_125520.thumb.jpg.2b0d5d0c4e2eb56bee933552f5c4bf01.jpg

The next Hearts home programme has the 2nd though.

20200525_125419.jpg.8705655804b6053f0cce7624879273b7.jpg

44 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Hopefully this works

IMG-20200525-WA0001.jpg

Thats not the game in question as Johnston signed a week or two after it. His first appearance was against Partick on 23rd. 

Thats likely the penalty he scored against them in the game up there on 31st March 94. He scored both in a 2-0 win. That was the game that came after the 2-1 cup win at Easter Road in the Feb.

Edited by been here before

PapaShango
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Nah lost 2-0 on a Saturday. It was actually played on the 2nd which was the Saturday. The programme has the wrong date.

20200525_125520.thumb.jpg.2b0d5d0c4e2eb56bee933552f5c4bf01.jpg

The next Hearts home programme has the 2nd though.

20200525_125419.jpg.8705655804b6053f0cce7624879273b7.jpg

Thats not the game in question as Johnston signed a week or two after it. His first appearance was against Partick on 23rd. 

Thats likely the penalty he scored against them in the game up there on 31st March 94. He scored both in a 2-0 win. That was the game that came after the 2-1 cup win at Easter Road in the Feb.

This is the one I can remember! 

Forza Cuore

T

9 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Seem to recall being sat at the opposite end of the usual away end too.

You're right, we were in the opposite end...not sure why, maybe the old terracing was closed before the new stand was built.

Tommy Brown

That's thrown me a bit. I always had it in my mind, we only wore that strip once, the 2-0 Mo Johnston game.

Stevie Frail at Dundee in the video.

Samuel Camazzola

We wore it twice v Dundee that season. The away victory was the 31st game of the season (as per newspaper report). The footage posted was from the October 93 fixture. 

BRY
On 24/05/2020 at 16:08, Agentjambo said:

Oooh - I like that!!!🤩