FISH SHOPS AND OTHER TAKEAWAYS

jambos are go!

Les Izemore
9 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Jubilee shut down Granton Javit’s open Don’t really fancy it any other chippy open around north Edinburgh anyone know off ? . Corbies up at D Mains closed too. 

Darren’s on Boswall Parkway and the Gold Sea on Ferry Road are still open and doing deliveries. 

3 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

Try The Fishmarket at Newhaven.  You can phone then collect from there.  Outstanding fish and chips.  I would recommend the Monkfish.  The fish burgers are superb also.  All cooked to order.

Seconded.

Breaded haddock outstanding.

Henry. Henry.

Ali Baba at the top of Dalry Road has been open for takeaway/collections for the first time now that lockdown is on.   Brilliant scran in there.  They are on Uber Eats who were offering 60% for your first two orders recently.  Think it expires this weekend though 

1 hour ago, jb102 said:

Seconded.

Breaded haddock outstanding.

5 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

Try The Fishmarket at Newhaven.  You can phone then collect from there.  Outstanding fish and chips.  I would recommend the Monkfish.  The fish burgers are superb also.  All cooked to order.

I will try this tonight thanks guys .

8 hours ago, Mark_Mywords said:

Gutted, I live too far away.

But it will be the first place I go to with my auld ma when we can.

Best fish & chips around

Going to order tonight wasted the day away cleaning and on a brief walk didn't get to the supermarket ahh well guess my Saturday tomorrow will be in isle 4

33 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Gorgie Road fish and chip shop at Tynecastle now open

Love that shop.... Even without football..  will dive along tomorrow....don't use online live on fountain bridge..

Just picking a bag of chips.......  Jesus....we will get through this.....good on the folk giving hope.

21 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Gorgie Road fish and chip shop at Tynecastle now open

Inspired by this we're about to order our tea. What's the difference between haddock and dressed haddock?  What one do you usually get when you walk in and ask for fish and chips?

Dressed haddock is with dressed in breadcrumbs, choose the other one if you want batter

Edited by Gulpener
spelling

3 minutes ago, Gulpener said:

Dressed haddock is with dressed in breadcrumbs, choose the other one if you want batter

Cheers, glad I checked, there'd have been tears and snotters if I'd ordered breadcrumbs.

• 2 weeks later...
Scnorthedinburgh
10 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Anyone tried “Salt ‘N’ Sauce” near Dalkeith Road yet? 

Had one last week fish supper. Was nice worth a shot, my usual is Gorgie Fry if that helps compare.

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Tynieman said:

Anyone tried “Salt ‘N’ Sauce” near Dalkeith Road yet? 

😂

Subtle.

Shanks said no

Lucky Chen next to BBQ in Corstorphine has re-opened tonight. Seems to be delivery only, maybe cashless pick up but they have blocked the door with big delivery pouches.

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

😂

Subtle.

Honestly, I’m just trying to promote a decent chippy (and new business) that’s opened my way.

I’m in no way connected apart from I think it’s decent. I don’t think there’s any harm with promoting decent local businesses. 

There’s apparently been two kickback members tried the place from my recommendation. P.s. the nearest I’ve been to China is SWS

been here before

Im told Mr Lees at Longstone is open/e-opening. 

Sorted for a decent Lemon Chicken now.