FISH SHOPS AND OTHER TAKEAWAYS

jambos are go!

Bangla Kitchen are delivering again if you fancy a nice curry. 

edit - they’re in Davidson's Mains.  

Edited by Tazio

Check the Just Eat site. It'll tell you what's open and whether it's delivery or collection. You'll find there are loads of bits open. 

Salt and sauce - new chippy near Dalkeith Road.

I know it’s a bit out of your way but it’s absolutely the best in Edinburgh. Never had better.

The owner is a true gent (studied in China for a year before getting into the takeaway trade.

Try it - you won’t be disappointed. Best fish and chips without question 

Edited by Tynieman

1 hour ago, Tynieman said:

I know it’s a bit out of your way but it’s absolutely the best in Edinburgh. Never had better.

The owner is a true gent (studied in China for a year before getting into the takeaway trade.

How was China?

Shanks said no

BBQ and Slumdog next door have remained open. Lucky Chen has stayed closed.

Delicious in D Mains and Annas Chinese Clermiston closed

Understand that Magic Kitchen on Manse Rd has reopened and Manor House Drumbrae roundabout has stayed open for takeaways only but be prepared for a long wait.

Chinese at Barnton supposed to be open

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:.

Delicious in D Mains 

I live opposite that and I’ve never found any justification for it being called that. 

Just be warned to get in early if you are ordering on a weekend night. The Chinese's turn order taking on and off as the ones that are open are so busy they can't cope with demand at times.

There are a number open

Marmaris 72 Dalry Road, the Chicken Crew 25 Dalry Road,  Pepes 536 Gorgie Road..(near So Rice) are doing take aways and deliveries (chicken etc) Lazeez is an Indian take away on Dalry Road number 191

Edited by CJGJ

Stenhouse cross chippy and desi dira in God's land are good🍲🍲🍲🍕🍕🍕🍛🍛🍛🍛🍜🍜🍜🍜🍜🍱🍱🍱🍱🍱

Edited by tightrope

For Southsiders,  Delhi Diner, Pataka and Kwok.

Will be a lot more in Newington.  Will have a look next time out that way.

Edited by DETTY29

the sub goalie
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Bangla Kitchen are delivering again if you fancy a nice curry. 

edit - they’re in Davidson's Mains.  

Stay in Corstorphine and our preferred Indian takeaway, the Eastern Pavillion is closed.

Drove past Bangla Kitchen a number of times, think we’ll give it a try this weekend.

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

How was China?

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Tenner bags?

:lol: @ both these posts

Lone Striker

For  folk in the Corstorphine area who fancy a HIGH CLASS Italian takeaway,  Fabio's started doing them a few weeks ago.  Presumably delivery, not sure.    Outstanding food !!!

Shanks said no
7 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

For  folk in the Corstorphine area who fancy a HIGH CLASS Italian takeaway,  Fabio's started doing them a few weeks ago.  Presumably delivery, not sure.    Outstanding food !!!

it advertised that it was doing deliveries but none have taken place. May be related to fact that it’s been put up for sale. 

On 21/04/2020 at 16:26, Tynieman said:

Has Bodrum closed or is this elsewhere?

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

it advertised that it was doing deliveries but none have taken place. May be related to fact that it’s been put up for sale. 

Probably the worst time to put a restauraunt up for sale, when potential buyers have no idea when they can open.

It is a real shame about Fabios going though, as its on my doorstep and one of the best Italian's in Edinburgh.  I hate these chain fake italian restauraunts that are all over the place - the food never lives up to a good family business.

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The Napole pizza and pasta place on the drumbrae roundabout is delivering, and it's been excellent since it changed management late last year. 

Do The Dance
16 minutes ago, pablo said:

The Napole pizza and pasta place on the drumbrae roundabout is delivering, and it's been excellent since it changed management late last year. 

Good to hear, didn’t bother trying it in its previous incarnations, as only heard bad things. Will give it a shot sometime (unless it closes down again before then)

Contrary to others further up, I’ve not thought Fabios to be that great. High prices and food not the best. Certainly passable but not worth the cost. Also, I thought it had been up for sale for a couple years?

The Ranch in Corstorphine is also open, pretty decent burgers.

Shanks said no
47 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

Good to hear, didn’t bother trying it in its previous incarnations, as only heard bad things. Will give it a shot sometime (unless it closes down again before then)

Contrary to others further up, I’ve not thought Fabios to be that great. High prices and food not the best. Certainly passable but not worth the cost. Also, I thought it had been up for sale for a couple years?

The Ranch in Corstorphine is also open, pretty decent burgers.

I second your opinion on Fabios 

11 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Wow not sure how anyone can describe Fabios as high class or outstanding. Those comments don’t reflect the food or decor. If you had said dated and average you’d be closer to the mark. All about opinions though. 

1 hour ago, pablo said:

Can’t comment on their pizzas but they didn’t know how to cook or serve steak or lobster when we tried it. Wish them well but it seems to be a bit of a poisoned chalice that place. 

3 hours ago, Locky said:

It closed down mate - apparently the owners did a a runner 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Wow not sure how anyone can describe Fabios as high class or outstanding. Those comments don’t reflect the food or decor. If you had said dated and average you’d be closer to the mark. All about opinions though. 

Last time I was there Hearts were playing in the Champions League. Hopefully they have done up the decor since then. 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Never been myself, but have dropped off and picked up there loads of times and plenty rave about it🤷🏼‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

Aye? I'm sure the one in Rodney Street shut down too. Wonder if they were the same owners.

24 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Last time I was there Hearts were playing in the Champions League. Hopefully they have done up the decor since then. 

They haven’t, you could have went back a lot further. 

21 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Never been myself, but have dropped off and picked up there loads of times and plenty rave about it🤷🏼‍♂️

No doubt. All about opinions as I said, for me it’s pretty basic. 

luckyBatistuta
8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Folk are like sheep when it comes to restaurants.

Fxxx the SPFL

For us posh barstewards in Trinity brilliant Indian takeaway along Ferry Road called Indian Flavour absolutely stonking, we used to get ours from Bengal Spice at Goldenacre but this one is great only started using it last two Saturdays.

Fxxx the SPFL
10 minutes ago, hueyview said:

I saw the Fountainpark open on Fountain ridge earlier.... Not sure if just phone orders

is this a new area of Edinburgh.;)

10 hours ago, Locky said:

7 hours ago, Tynieman said:

Bodrum was the rankest of all the rankest chippies, but served a purpose.

Just avoid the (Hibs) radges at the end of the night from the Grey Horse.

Salt n Sauce on the same premises, is immeasurably better.

3 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

is this a new area of Edinburgh.;)

It's gone upmarket l,so the letter B's are dropped...

4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Bodrum was the rankest of all the rankest chippies, but served a purpose.

Just avoid the (Hibs) radges at the end of the night from the Grey Horse.

Salt n Sauce on the same premises, is immeasurably better.

When I stayed in Niddrie, it was handy as it delivered until like 1am.

Jubilee shut down Granton Javit’s open Don’t really fancy it any other chippy open around north Edinburgh anyone know off ? . Corbies up at D Mains closed too. 

Lone Striker
11 hours ago, Dazo said:

Oh well. Ho hum.  Just mentioned it since it's not actually a takeaway, so sit-in restaurant food in a box is likely to be  a good bit better than most proper takeaways, if you follow my drift.  

28 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Jubilee shut down Granton Javit’s open Don’t really fancy it any other chippy open around north Edinburgh anyone know off ? . Corbies up at D Mains closed too. 

I live next to the Corbie and the last time I passed a couple of days ago they were opened up, maybe just for deliveries as both their drivers were hanging about. 

Edited by Tazio

Mark_Mywords
6 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Try The Fishmarket at Newhaven.  You can phone then collect from there.  Outstanding fish and chips.  I would recommend the Monkfish.  The fish burgers are superb also.  All cooked to order.