Filthy Dundee fc

tightrope

Saint Jambo
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hearts tried to get a loan and the answer was no, a local pub was quoted 20% apr so that bit might not be applicable.

Did they apply for a loan under the Coronavirus Business Interuption Loan Scheme? I don't remember that being reported in the case of Hearts. You sure they didn't seek a loan prior to CBILS being established? I thought it was reported Hearts had sought a loan in the early stages of the pandemic around the time we asked players to take a 50% pay cut.

One of the conditions of CBILS is that the business has "a borrowing proposal which the lender would consider viable, were it not for the current pandemic". Thinking about it, that might rule out Hearts and lots of other football clubs in Scotland.

Nelly Terraces
10 hours ago, hearts00 said:

But yes how many clubs will go out of business in mean time?

Hopefully quite a few. Their actions on the past 2 weeks have been a disgrace & they'll deserve the karma of going tits up. 

"Ooooh but these clubs are part of the community blah blah sob sob..."

Are they yeah? Honestly do not give a single ***k.

Edited by Nelly Terraces

joondalupjambo

Maybe with both Dundee clubs having American owners now, think that is right, and given the dire financial situation those clubs both face then is a merger an option up there?

The Americans may not have such emotional ties to these clubs, might be more business orientated and find that a merger might be the long term solution.  

New land near Camperdown Park has already been purchased by the Dundee guy Nelms I think as well so that could fit into any merger planning. Merger with the Dundee Utd owners being the prominent party, Nelms getting a buy out figure and another big chunk of change for his lane and then he goes back off to Texas.

That would be a bit of karma and Dundee City as a name springs to mind, very American.

bigsuperslim1874
9 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

Years after the event I got a delivery of materials from a builders merchant in Dundee the driver was one of the Dundee players from that game he told me that they wanted Hearts to win the league that day but a certain Celtic minded player decided to go against the script that's history now. ( Mind you a certain Edinburgh Referee refused us a certain penalty ).

Kidd? That’s the thing - they may have wanted us to win but it’d be hypocritical to get them to go easy as St Liedoon did. It would have been great if they did (clearly) but hey-ho - we didn’t do what was needed and St Liedoon didn’t even turn up.

That penalty call.... :facepalm:.....stonewaller all day long.

12 hours ago, tightrope said:

I think as fans, we should do all we can to promote the onset of the demise of this filthy institution. Request no tickets, offer the minimum, maybe, when times are better, have a fund to buy the shit and shut them down. As a veteran of 86' I have hated them since. Now, I went them gone. In fact, I am doing an extra line on the lotto, If I win I will buy them and finish them. Don't care if their fans are not happy with thier actions, they gloated enough when we arsed the league. **** the lot of them. 

I don't hate them for what happened in '86. We dropped too many points to diddy teams that season. I hate them for bending over and taking it up the shitter for the benefit of the SPFL I hate them for having a major influence on the outcome of a league they don't even play in. Aberdeen are just as bad and of course Hubz were bound to vote in favour in line with the SPFL. Anything to get shot of a better team and City rival, they can go feck themselves too..

Never forgive, never forget , if it wasn’t for my love of Hearts I would turn my back, to see all those diddy clubs fighting for scraps off their master’s table sickens me to the core.

After some sort of normality returns, however how long it takes we WILL make them pay, them and the scummy media will know who Heart of Midlothian are. 

Calebs Grandad
11 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

It would appear they did 

My point is the title was 100% within our own control 

Had we destroyed Clydebank at Tynecastle in the previous game Celtic wouldn’t have caught us. Winning only 1-0 still gave them that opportunity. 

21 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

Had we destroyed Clydebank at Tynecastle in the previous game Celtic wouldn’t have caught us. Winning only 1-0 still gave them that opportunity. 

Correct, that was the game that cost us the league. Against a team already relegated 3/4 - 0 that day and Celtic wouldn’t have even turned up against St.Mirren 

pettigrewsstylist
13 hours ago, tightrope said:

I think as fans, we should do all we can to promote the onset of the demise of this filthy institution. Request no tickets, offer the minimum, maybe, when times are better, have a fund to buy the shit and shut them down. As a veteran of 86' I have hated them since. Now, I went them gone. In fact, I am doing an extra line on the lotto, If I win I will buy them and finish them. Don't care if their fans are not happy with thier actions, they gloated enough when we arsed the league. **** the lot of them. 

Have we heard from Dundee fans groups?

pettigrewsstylist
28 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

I can still recall the tension that day tho. 1-0 was a relief. Was in gorgie road end and GMs goal came straight at me like an arrow. We suffered from nerves that day but got over the line from my failing memory.

12 hours ago, sac said:

As we have witnessed in the past 11 days, there are only a couple of clubs that I would trust, the rest can gtf. No more mrs nice guy.

Hope she has learned her lesson

1 hour ago, Calebs Grandad said:

That day Celtic played....wait for it......Dundee!

0-0 well into the 2nd half and Dundee get a player sent off - finished 2-0 for Celtic. 😏

Edited by Thomaso

Guest ToqueJambo
On 20/04/2020 at 14:12, Morgan said:

And the biggest tool that day, was Francis McGarvey.

Indeed. Celtic fan and self-confessed compulsive gambler . Nothing to see here. Carry on.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Correct, that was the game that cost us the league. Against a team already relegated 3/4 - 0 that day and Celtic wouldn’t have even turned up against St.Mirren 

You may as well say the 6-2 defeat to St Mirren earlier in the season cost is the league.

Whether we should ave beaten Dundee or not is a separate issue to whether St Mirren should have done what they did. It's really OK to both acknowledge we had it in our own hands (as we do every season) and highlight what went on in the other game.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
On 20/04/2020 at 15:18, Section Q said:

This......and get over it.....!......please......!

Get over losing a title in the last 7 minutes with the title-winning team getting exactly what they needed to win on GD in very dodgy circumstances. How does one get over that exactly? Christ I still think back to games I played in as a kid and we lost when we shouldn't;t have. Can't imagine how the Hearts players form 85/86 still feel. I doubt any of them will ever get over it, same as the fans who were there.

Edited by ToqueJambo

15 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Never forgive, never forget , if it wasn’t for my love of Hearts I would turn my back, to see all those diddy clubs fighting for scraps off their master’s table sickens me to the core.

After some sort of normality returns, however how long it takes we WILL make them pay, them and the scummy media will know who Heart of Midlothian are. 

This.

Dundee owe us shit. They never in '86 and they don't now. Not sure why we would hate them actually. How dare they go out and not let us beat them in '86.

Get a ****ing grip of yourselves, you sound Old Firm.

Edited by i8hibsh

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Get over losing a title in the last 7 minutes with the title-winning team getting exactly what they needed to win on GD in very dodgy circumstances. How does one get over that exactly? Christ I still think back to games I played in as a kid and we lost when we shouldn't;t have. Can't imagine how the Hearts players form 85/86 still feel. I doubt any of them will ever get over it, same as the fans who were there.

So what's your point. We all know what happened that day and where we were. Time to move on surely. I certainly don't blame Dundee.

Mid Calder Jambo
On 20/04/2020 at 20:48, ToqueJambo said:

This. Dundee had something to play for and did the job. St Mirren on the other hadn't did as you renamed them.

Nowadays St Cheatin Bassas and their Big Bhouys would be prosecuted under the Bribery Act. (might be difficult as it only became law in 2010 but whatever came before it would do me.)

Dundee can have any misdemeanour that is coming their way.  To prostitute yourself in Lawells bed deserves the worst dose of the football clap that you get.

8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You may as well say the 6-2 defeat to St Mirren earlier in the season cost is the league.

Whether we should ave beaten Dundee or not is a separate issue to whether St Mirren should have done what they did. It's really OK to both acknowledge we had it in our own hands (as we do every season) and highlight what went on in the other game.

We had it in our own hands at tynie second last game of season against team already relegated. Rather than a late 1-0 win had we gone for it and won 5-0 the celebration party would have happened that Saturday night. Players would still have been partying following week at Dens. 

Absolutely in the make Dundee pay for changing their vote camp, in whatever guise that takes. If it winds up any sad misogynistic gammon weirdos in our support, then all the better. 😎

Sorry but in terms of their supporters I’m happy to back any club in Scotland that is getting fans through the turnstiles and stopping them heading to the bigots in the West

Calebs Grandad
On 21/04/2020 at 10:35, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

That day Celtic played....wait for it......Dundee!

0-0 well into the 2nd half and Dundee get a player sent off - finished 2-0 for Celtic. 😏

We did lose it for ourselves but it was just seeing everything falling into place for it too happen. The game you mention, us not hammering Clydebank, St Mirren having an off day at home to Celtic 😡 and the stories regarding illness within our own squad. On the plus side it’s these things that make us what we are, 100% Hearts 😉

10 hours ago, Calebs Grandad said:

We did lose it for ourselves but it was just seeing everything falling into place for it too happen. The game you mention, us not hammering Clydebank, St Mirren having an off day at home to Celtic 😡 and the stories regarding illness within our own squad. On the plus side it’s these things that make us what we are, 100% Hearts 😉

❤️👍

pettigrewsstylist
On 20/04/2020 at 21:23, Kiwidoug said:

OP might well have his wishes granted.  Assuming this goes on for several more months, clubs like Dunder will find themselves in dire straights unless a benefactor fronts up.

There should be no govt financial relief for football clubs.  If there was  it should also be provided to the Rolling Stones. We're all in the entertainment business.

Hearts will survive this no matter how it plays out.  Entirely possible that Dundee will not.

Agreed...no public money for football clubs. If the fans and/or communities dont want to save them £ , with relatively small personal contributions, then they are surplus to requirements.

Yeh once furlough stops and the realisation begins that no fans at games until next year there will be huge problems redundancies, clubs going to the wall etc. 

I for one only care that Hearts survive and personally hope that some clubs go to the wall. 

queensferryjambo
On 22/04/2020 at 06:10, i8hibsh said:

Not sure why we would hate them actually.

From a guy who seems to hate absolutely everything I thought you would be on board with the haters

:fonzie:

6 minutes ago, Rods said:

Yeh once furlough stops and the realisation begins that no fans at games until next year there will be huge problems redundancies, clubs going to the wall etc. 

I for one only care that Hearts survive and personally hope that some clubs go to the wall. 

I don't actively wish for other clubs to go to the wall but if it happens it will, in all likelihood, raise not much more than an 'Oh, really?' from me.

I reserve the right to change my attitude should it happen to Rangers, Celtic or any others it takes my fancy to be annoyed at at the time. As a football fan I can be as fickle as anybody :D 

Here's a thought.

So Dundee were allowed to withdraw their original vote and change it.

What would happen if another club decided to withdraw their original vote and change it...after all, the 28 day deadline isn't up yet.  

Would that blow the SPFL masterplan out of the water?

Sorry, wrong thread

Edited by cb1874
Sorry...wrong thread

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, cb1874 said:

Here's a thought.

So Dundee were allowed to withdraw their original vote and change it.

What would happen if another club decided to withdraw their original vote and change it...after all, the 28 day deadline isn't up yet.  

Would that blow the SPFL masterplan out of the water?

Sorry, wrong thread

No, votes can only be changed from No to Yes, not the other way round.

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, Smithee said:

No, votes can only be changed from No to Yes, not the other way round.

In itself that sounds dodgy as hell but have posters not said it is standard business practice?

Ex member of the SaS

Ok don't shoot the messenger. In one of Phil three names posts there is something from Jamie Bryson. ( now I don't know the guy or his football or political leanings ) but he is claiming that former Celtic director Dominic Keane has suddenly been ploughing large sums of cash into Dundee. Also stating that he started this at the time Dundee changed their vote. Now I am no where good enough with a PC to search and confirm any of this, simply putting it out there for others to follow up.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2020/05/01/why-the-deludamol-dealers-in-the-blue-room-cannot-stop/#more-16543

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

From a guy who seems to hate absolutely everything I thought you would be on board with the haters

I am a lover not a fighter.

The Internet
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok don't shoot the messenger. In one of Phil three names posts there is something from Jamie Bryson. ( now I don't know the guy or his football or political leanings ) but he is claiming that former Celtic director Dominic Keane has suddenly been ploughing large sums of cash into Dundee. Also stating that he started this at the time Dundee changed their vote. Now I am no where good enough with a PC to search and confirm any of this, simply putting it out there for others to follow up.

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/2020/05/01/why-the-deludamol-dealers-in-the-blue-room-cannot-stop/#more-16543

I believe it was made up by celtic fans to dupe rangers and it worked like a charm. 

King Of The Cat Cafe

Jamie Bryson is an ultra-loyalist blogger and commentator in Northern Ireland.

He is highly regarded for his views.  By those who inhabit his own head.

tightrope

I don't care if we "lost it ourselves" They were the shite we played that day. So **** them. Twice in my mind they have ****ed us over. So I hope they die. Second worst day of my life. Paisley scum are cheats, Dundee, could have been any team, I would still have an undying hatred for them or whoever it could have been. Dundee is a feckin cesspit of humanity anyway. You would not believe the amount of females from Dundee incarcerated in our female Establishments. Big percentage,  oh the depravation.....

Unknown user
18 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

In itself that sounds dodgy as hell but have posters not said it is standard business practice?

I forgot to come back to this, sorry.

As far as I know that's just how it works for this type vote for the type of company, but I don't really know TBH.

It doesn't really matter though, the only thing that counts is the result, everything else is just discussing the events around the result.

It wouldn't even matter if we genuinely found some technicality. Without the cooperation of those in power, technicalities are swept away.

We're down, and we won't be in the top league next season without losing clubs altogether.

Hopefully St Mirren. You know, if someone HAS to go.

iantjambo
21 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Not surprised by this at all. i8 always argues on the side of the least popular of the discussion.