Will people change their ways after all this?

Greedy Jambo

Greedy Jambo

It's been a month of lock down and there's only about 2 new guitar players on here and there's still the same folk staring at watches. 

I think we're ****ed in all honestly. 

Nah not changing, as soon as it's all done and dusted and touch wood I survive, it's straight back to licking lamp posts for me. 

Quite like the new queueing system though so I hope that sticks. Can't stand it, and it's usually pensioners who are guilty of this, when someone queues about 6 inches away from you. A well timed fart can save you but it's not always possible to have a pump up your sleeve. 

Greedy Jambo
7 minutes ago, been here before said:

I require lot's of attention

Don't we all. 

I prefer hot women and fast cars but if you've got something interesting to say i'm all ears. 

44 minutes ago, Smack said:

Nah not changing, as soon as it's all done and dusted and touch wood I survive, it's straight back to licking lamp posts for me. 

Quite like the new queueing system though so I hope that sticks. Can't stand it, and it's usually pensioners who are guilty of this, when someone queues about 6 inches away from you. A well timed fart can save you but it's not always possible to have a pump up your sleeve. 

Asda livingston has been alright tbh. In one end, one way round, out the other.. At least if you're not a totall ****nut and can follow the direction of an arrow... Seriously how hard is it?? 

Edited by muldoon74

Greedy Jambo
27 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I intend to keep smiling awkwardly at every single person I see. 

I'm picturing the old guy from step toe and son. 

Weakened Offender
41 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

What are you telling me for? 

Nah. People were mostly dicks before and will default back to this state once it’s over 

Im anti social so, other than not getting a decent coffee/missing gigs and playing in my wee band it’s been alright

A Boy Named Crow

I think there'll be a rush of euphoria when the ban lifts. Pubs will be rammed, sporting  events, concerts etc will sell out. How long this continues might depend on how long the lockdown goes on.

People might demand more flexible working too.

But I guarantee you,  it will take no time at all for the Seethe thread to return to normal, people will still be arseholes!

(But one or two of them might have a new hobby)

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

There'll be a second lockdown come Halloween. Nae fireworks.:yas:

This, can see opening up in June.... Massive rise in cases by end of June, especially london /midlands with meetings and concerts.

And civil disobedience to further lockdown... NHS depleted....

God help those still in homes..... Will have to rely on family..

14 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

It's been a month of lock down and there's only about 2 new guitar players on here and there's still the same folk staring at watches. 

I think we're ****ed in all honestly. 

Is there a reason I should be learning the guitar? 

Greedy Jambo
1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

Is there a reason I should be learning the guitar? 

The government say you should practice every day to help prevent the spread of shit pop music. 

William H. Bonney
12 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

The government say you should practice every day to help prevent the spread of shit pop music. 

It would surely just be easier to learn how to shoot a gun. 

5 hours ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

I think there'll be a rush of euphoria when the ban lifts. Pubs will be rammed, sporting  events, concerts etc will sell out. How long this continues might depend on how long the lockdown goes on.

People might demand more flexible working too.

But I guarantee you,  it will take no time at all for the Seethe thread to return to normal, people will still be arseholes!

(But one or two of them might have a new hobby)

That may well come from companies rather than than employee's tbh.

My work for example, the lease on our current building which houses 1250 staff is up at the end of Oct 21, we were looking to either refurbish and extend the building by 20-30% or go for a new build on land we've bought nearby, costs are 25m for the refurb/extension or 60m for the new build. Now there could easily be a case for home working negating the need for our building completely and instead the majority work from home and use one of the companies other nearby sites for face to face meetings etc

53 minutes ago, Ribble said:

That may well come from companies rather than than employee's tbh.

My work for example, the lease on our current building which houses 1250 staff is up at the end of Oct 21, we were looking to either refurbish and extend the building by 20-30% or go for a new build on land we've bought nearby, costs are 25m for the refurb/extension or 60m for the new build. Now there could easily be a case for home working negating the need for our building completely and instead the majority work from home and use one of the companies other nearby sites for face to face meetings etc

I can see this happening. My Mrs works for a council in London and they recently moved into purpose built offices. It's all based on hotdesking as there's purposely not enough space for all the staff. Other than attend meetings there's nothing they can do in the office that they can't do at home. Even then, she can dial into any meeting she needs to.  I can see there being a big change in the business world on the meeting front. They've recently been forced to embrace video conferencing and many of them won't go back to making needless trips with the extra travel expenses unless they absolutely have to.

26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

This made opening the thread worthwhile. 

Just a general point, you understand?

:) 

18 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I can see this happening. My Mrs works for a council in London and they recently moved into purpose built offices. It's all based on hotdesking as there's purposely not enough space for all the staff. Other than attend meetings there's nothing they can do in the office that they can't do at home. Even then, she can dial into any meeting she needs to.  I can see there being a big change in the business world on the meeting front. They've recently been forced to embrace video conferencing and many of them won't go back to making needless trips with the extra travel expenses unless they absolutely have to.

Yeah, in my job my team is split over 4 locations anyway (Livi, London, Milan and Munich) and I only have one person reporting to me in Livi. Almost everyone I deal with on a daily basis is via email/phone rather than face to face so there's no real reason that I couldn't work from home most days with the occasional visit to the office.

One huge upside people will have seen is zero travel costs, I've got colleagues in London that payout somewhere near 600 quid a month on their train pass so for them to work from home would have a huge financial impact. Also not to mention that the roads should be a lot quieter when people do have to travel!

Sawdust Caesar
17 hours ago, Smack said:

Maybe we'll see more signs like this.Lebanon-Fire-Sign.jpg?w=616&h=424&q=75

22 minutes ago, Sawdust Caesar said:

Maybe we'll see more signs like this.Lebanon-Fire-Sign.jpg?w=616&h=424&q=75

Belter!

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Nope.

People will just bash on as normal and nobody will learn a feckin thing until the next disaster hits.

This....... like it snows every year but we still grind to a halt when it happens.

2 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

I'll let you bash on. Kumbaya to you.

Legend Claws

The world will still be full of folk who think driving an Audi and 5* all inclusive holidays are the pinnacle of existence.

Greedy Jambo
16 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I'll let you bash on. Kumbaya to you.

Aye, it will be more like metallica or something. 

I am hoping my work will bring in hot desking with different projects being allocated desk space on different days of the week, I heard they have appointed someone internally to speak to all the Project Managers during this current situation to make sure we are capturing all the benefits for future consideration. Trouble will be convincing all our clients not to send tens and tens of arseholes over to UK for a year or two at a time all expenses paid who just basically do the bare minimum and leave us to struggle along.

Also hoping the wife and I will finally give up smoking but not as confident with that one.  

19 hours ago, Smack said:

Either your plumbing is not set up right, or you dress very strangely if that is where it it coming from...

Edited by Spellczech

I've used my free time and lack of usual distractions to really learn Dutch. Not sure how much use I'll get it out of it mind you.

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

Hope some folk do.

Indeed, Morgan. Hope some folk realise it's they who need to change the most before they go looking for the rest of the world to do it for them.

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

Indeed, Morgan. Hope some folk realise it's they who need to change the most before they go looking for the rest of the world to do it for them.

Couldn’t agree more, Justin.

21 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Steptoe.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Morgan said:

Steptoe.

Ha, it took you 24 hours to say that. 

Actually, i was meaning his long lost brother, paul. 

4 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Ha, it took you 24 hours to say that. 

Actually, i was meaning his long lost brother, paul. 

It took me 24 hours to respond.

It takes you 24 hours to think.

:thumbsup:

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

It took me 24 hours to respond.

It takes you 24 hours to think.

:thumbsup:

why you lying?

22 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Don't we all. 

I prefer hot women and fast cars but if you've got something interesting to say i'm all ears. 

Good luck with the cars.

Just now, Space Pirate said:

The cars? What you on about now 😆

Whatever I'm ‘on about now’ is a million miles from the ....

Och, forget it.

Greedy Jambo
9 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Whatever I'm ‘on about now’ is a million miles from the ....

Och, forget it.

No, go on, you can do it. Take your time. 

No, go on, you can do it. Take your time. 

All the time in the world, my ‘good man’.

Just none for you.

Cheers :thumbsup: 

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Morgan said:

All the time in the world, my ‘good man’.

Just none for you.

Cheers :thumbsup: 

You remind me of many games away from home under levein. 

Bottled it. 

You remind me of many games away from home under levein. 

Bottled it. 

Bottled it?

What the Hell are you raving about now?