Jump to content

New kits 20/21.


Recommended Posts

A_A wehatethehibs

Predictably bad away kit, haven’t liked an away kit in years. Probably 15-16 is the only budge era away shirt I’ve liked and even that was a bit dull 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • tian447

    35

  • Angel eyes

    33

  • PhoenixHearts

    33

  • Anything2

    28

Fraggle

Not a fan, looks like a mishmash thrown together because someone at Umbro forgot about the away top until their counterpart at Hearts asked them how it was coming. Either way both sides should be getting their arse felt for that crap.

 

Umbro seem to have gone for alot of light blue away tops, maybe an excess of that colour at the sweatshops in India!? 

 

Shame really as if there was an away top that was crying out for a reverse of the home version it was this one. Think a white top with maroon and gold trim would have looked the biz.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
tian447
15 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

 

Shame really as if there was an away top that was crying out for a reverse of the home version it was this one. Think a white top with maroon and gold trim would have looked the biz.

 

 

The issue there, is you'd have people moaning about it being "unoriginal" and having "no effort put into it".

 

You really can't win with football supporters :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
BRAVEHEART1874

prefer the white for away but even for a blue one that is horrible ;(

Edited by BRAVEHEART1874
Link to post
Share on other sites
A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

 

The issue there, is you'd have people moaning about it being "unoriginal" and having "no effort put into it".

 

You really can't win with football supporters :lol: 


I see what he means though, with certain kits that type of design does work. Eg the 2006-07 Pinilla at Pittodrie, or the 15-16 that had the maroon stripes down the sleeves and socks. 

 

I actually don’t agree that this years kit was a good chance to do that type of design though, you need good amount of maroon flashes on the white shirts. Otherwise it sometimes just looks a white t shirt with hearts badge glued on. This years home kit has almost no white on it 
 

2006-07 is the blueprint, the pinnacle of white Hearts away shirts imho ! (Along with 98 obviously - Again with the maroon collar)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fraggle
40 minutes ago, tian447 said:

 

The issue there, is you'd have people moaning about it being "unoriginal" and having "no effort put into it".

 

You really can't win with football supporters :lol: 

Very true, I thought that exact same thing as I pushed "submit report". 😂

Edited by Fraggle
Link to post
Share on other sites
Newton51

Maybe in future they could have a poll with the foundation of hearts members
 

Can see a lot of kids loving the strip. Maybe the top looks better as part of the whole strip rather than on its own

Link to post
Share on other sites
davemclaren

Away tops tend be seen more as leisure wear these days. I think it’s fine to wear on your hols. 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:


I see what he means though, with certain kits that type of design does work. Eg the 2006-07 Pinilla at Pittodrie, or the 15-16 that had the maroon stripes down the sleeves and socks. 

 

I actually don’t agree that this years kit was a good chance to do that type of design though, you need good amount of maroon flashes on the white shirts. Otherwise it sometimes just looks a white t shirt with hearts badge glued on. This years home kit has almost no white on it 
 

2006-07 is the blueprint, the pinnacle of white Hearts away shirts imho ! (Along with 98 obviously - Again with the maroon collar)

Quite liked that away kit too. Mine got black stains from my rucksack on a walking tour in the Pyrenees and I ended up just binning it at the end of the walk! Disappointed in myself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Canada

Does the club consult any fan groups on potential kit designs? It would certainly make sense to in order to avoid bringing one out that the majority won't buy. 

 

The club needs all the money it can get right now and the third kit from last season is by far the best. Most people will already have it though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Anything2
10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

It's not as bad as people are making it out to be. 

 

 

I think it's a decent enough kit, especially when you compare it to what other teams will be running out in next season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
tian447
1 hour ago, Cambo said:

 

I think it is a reasonable effort but a bit samey compared to the likes of Derby County and Bournemouth kits so far.

 

Seems like we have compared less well to Luton Town who have 3 cracking kits after moving to Umbro for the forthcoming season.

 

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2020/07/no-more-puma-umbro-luton-town-20-21.html

 

You must be joking about them being cracking, they are bog standard plain kits.  Nothing special about them at all :lol:

 

Ours are a bit template-y this season, but I'm not sure I've seen any other ones with the same sleeve design as our away kit (probably not a good thing...).  The main thing is they have our colours, and our badge on them, and our team will be wearing them next season.  That makes them miles better than any one else's shirts.

hearts_2020-21_umbro_home_kit_f.jpg

 

hearts_2020_2021_away_kit_c.jpeg

 

hearts_2019_2020_umbro_third_kit_h.jpeg

 

All things considered, we've done not bad this season :thumbsup: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
tian447

Also just noticed that under the Personalise Option on the Away and Third kits, you can add Shoulder Patches to it...

shoulderpatches.png

 

Top flight status confirmed :smuggy: 

 

(Right click on the patch image, and select "Open image in new tab")

Edited by tian447
Link to post
Share on other sites
OmiyaHearts
Just now, tian447 said:

Also just noticed that under the Personalise Option on the Away and Third kits, you can add Shoulder Patches to it...

shoulderpatches.png

 

Top flight status confirmed :smuggy: 

Out of interest, as the league is without a sponsor, what are the Premiership teams going to have on their sleeve?

Link to post
Share on other sites
tian447
5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Out of interest, as the league is without a sponsor, what are the Premiership teams going to have on their sleeve?

 

Probably a picture of Peter Lawwell, or a big #9.

Link to post
Share on other sites
PhoenixHearts

Thought it may be nice to get a new FoH tribute kit when we finally get full fan ownership. What better way to do it that taking design cues from past favourites or kits that suporters have been begging for?

 

Threw these away kit designs together dead quick.  We've got the Ajax style, Candy Stripes, Inter, '86 Silver and even the mighty Roseberry.

 

The last one is deadly serious....

foh kits.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Anything2
33 minutes ago, tian447 said:

 

You must be joking about them being cracking, they are bog standard plain kits.  Nothing special about them at all :lol:

 

Ours are a bit template-y this season, but I'm not sure I've seen any other ones with the same sleeve design as our away kit (probably not a good thing...).  The main thing is they have our colours, and our badge on them, and our team will be wearing them next season.  That makes them miles better than any one else's shirts.

hearts_2020-21_umbro_home_kit_f.jpg

 

hearts_2020_2021_away_kit_c.jpeg

 

hearts_2019_2020_umbro_third_kit_h.jpeg

 

All things considered, we've done not bad this season :thumbsup: 

 

Exactly, where are all the wonderful kits from everyone else, maroon tinted specs firmly on as always but you would be hard pushed to find any team with 3 better kits this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
LarrysRightFoot
56 minutes ago, tian447 said:

 

You must be joking about them being cracking, they are bog standard plain kits.  Nothing special about them at all :lol:

 

Ours are a bit template-y this season, but I'm not sure I've seen any other ones with the same sleeve design as our away kit (probably not a good thing...).  The main thing is they have our colours, and our badge on them, and our team will be wearing them next season.  That makes them miles better than any one else's shirts.

hearts_2020-21_umbro_home_kit_f.jpg

 

hearts_2020_2021_away_kit_c.jpeg

 

hearts_2019_2020_umbro_third_kit_h.jpeg

 

All things considered, we've done not bad this season :thumbsup: 

 

As someone said earlier it that away had been the shade of blue on the banner and the white was replace with black it’d have been a pretty decent top.

Link to post
Share on other sites
scotty2442
1 hour ago, Anything2 said:

I think it's a decent enough kit, especially when you compare it to what other teams will be running out in next season. 

But it’s unbelievably lazy when you look at the Goalie top and the training gear. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
PapaShango

Bit like a training top for my liking, however it does look better when matched with the shorts and socks. I'm not a fan of colourful away tops, would prefer a white away with maroon shorts each season with a different 3rd kit if really needed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Anything2
16 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

But it’s unbelievably lazy when you look at the Goalie top and the training gear. 

I know nothing about how the contracts are agreed but it seems like we are in the bracket of clubs who get a certain amount of alterations or detailing to make the kits seem unique such as the glorious Hearts writing or the gold trim etc. To get a totally bespoke design you need to be one of the brands A list clubs. The ones that spring to mind are Bayern who usually have really stylish kits and Chelsea who usually have honking kits. Everyone else, smaller EPL clubs included don't get that much attention in the design stakes. Overall I think we do well for a club of our size in our less celebrated league. Most teams in our league have last seasons template kits with a badge stitched on and tinpot sponsors plastered all over them. Add Man City to that list, also honking kits! 

Edited by Anything2
Link to post
Share on other sites
PhoenixHearts

I know clubs/kit suppliers have to go overboard on the marketing guff to sell their stuff these days, but this is getting a bit abstract and tenuous now.

 

From the online store: "The sleeves feature a graphic hombre effect, taken from the curvature of the clubs crest in cyan and white."

 

For anyone struggling, I've constructed a handy diagram of what I *THINK* they mean.

It's bloody ridiculous. It stops being a "personal bespoke touch" or "inspired by the clubs badge" when you basically have to contort your consciousness into a metaphysical plane just to see it.

 

It's... just a pattern.

away.png

Edited by PhoenixHearts
Link to post
Share on other sites
kingantti1874

One of my least favourite colour combos. Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking.. making cool hearts kits literally couldnt be easier

Link to post
Share on other sites
Thommo414
20 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

But it’s unbelievably lazy when you look at the Goalie top and the training gear. 

I think the training gear is supposed to be somewhat reflective of the kits tbf. Last seasons maroon training kit was quite similar to the home kit. Agree that it’s a bawhair different from the goalie kit though

Link to post
Share on other sites
scotty2442
3 minutes ago, Anything2 said:

I know nothing about how the contracts are agreed but it seems like we are in the bracket of clubs who get a certain amount of alterations or detailing to make the kits seem unique such as the glorious Hearts writing or the gold trim etc. To get a totally bespoke design you need to be one of the brands A list clubs. The ones that spring to mind are Bayern who usually have really stylish kits and Chelsea who usually have honking kits. Everyone else, smaller EPL clubs included don't get that much attention in the design stakes. Overall I think we do well for a club of our size in our less celebrated league. Most teams in our league have last seasons template kits with a badge stitched on and tinpot sponsors plastered all over them. Add Man City to that list, also honking kits! 

So it’s ok for our goalie shirt, training gear and now away top to all look the same?  They will need a 2nd goalie top now because there’s no way the current one can be worn when the away shirt is being used 

 

personally for me I think the Umbro kits have been more miss than hit 

Link to post
Share on other sites
scotty2442
3 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

I think the training gear is supposed to be somewhat reflective of the kits tbf. Last seasons maroon training kit was quite similar to the home kit. Agree that it’s a bawhair different from the goalie kit though

Wonder what the away goalie top will look like 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Anything2
4 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

So it’s ok for our goalie shirt, training gear and now away top to all look the same?  They will need a 2nd goalie top now because there’s no way the current one can be worn when the away shirt is being used 

 

personally for me I think the Umbro kits have been more miss than hit 

Eemm, it's neither OK or not OK, suppose it depends if you like them or not. Do we not always have more than one keeper top? Is there not a yellow one as well or was that last year? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
scotty2442
1 minute ago, Anything2 said:

Eemm, it's neither OK or not OK, suppose it depends if you like them or not. Do we not always have more than one keeper top? Is there not a yellow one as well or was that last year? 

Last year was just the darker blue goalie top I think

Link to post
Share on other sites
Thommo414
5 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

Wonder what the away goalie top will look like 😂

For nostalgic purposes, I want to see Craig Gordon in an all black kit again 

55738DB3-B448-44C3-BBAA-A481FF3AAEC9.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
Anything2
4 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

Last year was just the darker blue goalie top I think

Maybe was, seems like a long time ago now. I think traditionally though we have had a blue and a yellow. With the occasional black or grey. There was an orange Wonga one that was quite something. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
scotty2442
1 minute ago, Anything2 said:

Maybe was, seems like a long time ago now. I think traditionally though we have had a blue and a yellow. With the occasional black or grey. There was an orange Wonga one that was quite something. 

I managed to get hold of the gold goalie top from quite a few years back when I worked for the club, it was a cracker and was never released for sale 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackburn Rovers have exact same training gear colours and combinations, so safe to say umbro are getting a bit lazy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Anything2
11 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

For nostalgic purposes, I want to see Craig Gordon in an all black kit again 

55738DB3-B448-44C3-BBAA-A481FF3AAEC9.jpeg

That was a nice kit, similar to Barthez when he was at Man United, apparently he requested to always play in all black. Although is there not a study that says that the brighter the keeper kit, the more saves they make? Something to do with catching the striker's eye so they subconsciously aim for the keeper. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
busby1985

We are boycotting away games so no point having a nice away top......

Link to post
Share on other sites
JamboAl1965

its not that's its terrible its just that they teased us with Scarlett Johanson and delivered Hilda Ogden

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JamboAl1965 said:

its not that's its terrible its just that they teased us with Scarlett Johanson and delivered Hilda Ogden

Bang on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Want to buy a Gordon kit but wasn't feeling the blue. Been looking around for potential away goalkeeper kits by Umbro. Safe to say the green is out of the question, I don't really want us "enabling" anyone by selling an orange kit, and the yellow is boring. 

 

Hoping they do a black option.

Also wish we sold short sleeve GK kits.

5472-1099.jpg

dcfc_2021awaygkshirt_159359790692766UKIT_1.jpg

dcfc_2021adulthomegkshirt_159516271092794UKIT_1.jpg

I think a pink one would be a bit different 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Thought it may be nice to get a new FoH tribute kit when we finally get full fan ownership. What better way to do it that taking design cues from past favourites or kits that suporters have been begging for?

 

Threw these away kit designs together dead quick.  We've got the Ajax style, Candy Stripes, Inter, '86 Silver and even the mighty Roseberry.

 

The last one is deadly serious....

foh kits.png

 

 

Bottom left every time for me. Feels more like Hearts though I appreciate the other colours do bear some tie.

 

Maroon and white, white and maroon, all black. It should be that every year!

Link to post
Share on other sites
tian447
1 hour ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I know clubs/kit suppliers have to go overboard on the marketing guff to sell their stuff these days, but this is getting a bit abstract and tenuous now.

 

From the online store: "The sleeves feature a graphic hombre effect, taken from the curvature of the clubs crest in cyan and white."

 

For anyone struggling, I've constructed a handy diagram of what I *THINK* they mean.

It's bloody ridiculous. It stops being a "personal bespoke touch" or "inspired by the clubs badge" when you basically have to contort your consciousness into a metaphysical plane just to see it.

 

It's... just a pattern.

 

 

My favourite bit about that is the "hombre effect"

 

It's an ombré effect :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Angel eyes
8 hours ago, Chimp said:

Looks like a West Ham kit. Absolutely honking effort

And you certainly don’t want that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
muldoon74
2 hours ago, scotty2442 said:

I managed to get hold of the gold goalie top from quite a few years back when I worked for the club, it was a cracker and was never released for sale 

I had a gold goalie one from circa 85/86.. Padded elbows and everything. Real quality in those days.. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
soonbe110
5 hours ago, Irufushi said:

In the minority here but I like it. 

Four grandkids all wanting the away strip in preference to the home kit. Must be an age thing I suspect. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...