Taking care of your physical and mental health during lockdown

redm

hisnameisdrewbusby

Guys, if you want to join the wee community of The Changing Room @ Big Hearts, you'll find a group of others who support each other through mental health difficulties as they all they know what it is like to suffer and not find support in places that they'd hoped.  Only thing to say about people you feel have treated you badly - their reaction can simply be down to not knowing what to say or do, or fear of hearing something upsetting, when all most guys want is someone to listen to them. If they can't learn and adapt to that then you'd be better seeking support elsewhere.

You can get involved simply by contacting me on [email protected] - it's all free and even if we can't have a group meetings right now, they will be back soon and we'll have video calls and potentially wee (well spaced) walks for 2 / 3 at a time.

Dougie

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rudi must stay

• PTBCAL

• hisnameisdrewbusby

• FinnBarr Saunders

FinnBarr Saunders
On 21/11/2020 at 07:22, FinnBarr Saunders said:

I'm struggling to type this (for all to see) as my brother has had a dose of Covid (but all is well on that front). My dad is in care (check the dementia thread) but after posting about his condition I found tears running down my face and I'm a "mans man" so don't cry. I have a very loving wife who spotted the signs and really helped me through this, thanks Nikki. (feckin greetin again)

Wee update folks, we lost dad in March last year, he just gave up. Me? Thought I might feel better after dad had gone but things just got worse, wife found me on the kitchen floor crying my eyes out (no drink involved). She forced me into phoning the local GP, when they phoned back I had to hand her the phone as I couldn't handle talking to a stranger. Been put onto a tablet described as the modern day "mothers little helper". Doing its job TBH.

rudi must stay
14 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Wee update folks, we lost dad in March last year, he just gave up. Me? Thought I might feel better after dad had gone but things just got worse, wife found me on the kitchen floor crying my eyes out (no drink involved). She forced me into phoning the local GP, when they phoned back I had to hand her the phone as I couldn't handle talking to a stranger. Been put onto a tablet described as the modern day "mothers little helper". Doing its job TBH.

Yes the drugs work 

On 04/01/2022 at 01:49, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Sorry to hear about you dad. Glad you've got such a supportive partner and that you've managed to get some help from the GP. Stick in there, time is a great healer and I hope you're in a much better place soon. Good on you for opening up about it, takes real guts to do that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2022 at 01:49, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Good to hear you have sought professional help and its working. Keep talking and people will listen.