Taking care of your physical and mental health during lockdown

redm

33 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I'm done man,  I mean really really done.

I've an ex I still love and whoe still loves me we have lovely kids together, I left the family home because it got too much and she randomly got me arrested because our daughter got sun burnt and she said it was a rash, I found out went mental and walked away at the hospital and what i didn't know is she staged me hitting her on her phone when she was actually punching and kicking me and I was trying to get past her.

Anyway, she done the arrest shite when my dad was in hospital getting s marrow transfusion having had cancer in his mouth before;  so my two brothers decided to make my partners life hell (I went to my mums when I left my ex at the hospital).   

Even now they cant keep their ****ing nose out stuff.  I left her last year but have been trying since January.  Because i've been trying my brothers fallen out with me massively.

Anyway its came to it now.  I'm done.

I genuinely want to die.  And it doesn't even scare me to say.  I want to die.

I'm done pleasing others done being the bad one and done not seeing my babies.

Kickback you're the best place in the world.  And my post about having no money and the legend sent it and I've sent back, it's because I've nobody.  I put everything into my relationship and my family, forgot my mates and now im in a decent enough flat but on my own.  I simply can't and wont do it anymore.

Sorry you're having a hard time @Last Laff
I'm afraid I've no real advice for you other than to suggest posting on this thread. It may not seem like it now, but things can and will get better.

The support and understanding on there is really amazing.

54 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

I'm done man,  I mean really really done.

I've an ex I still love and whoe still loves me we have lovely kids together, I left the family home because it got too much and she randomly got me arrested because our daughter got sun burnt and she said it was a rash, I found out went mental and walked away at the hospital and what i didn't know is she staged me hitting her on her phone when she was actually punching and kicking me and I was trying to get past her.

Anyway, she done the arrest shite when my dad was in hospital getting s marrow transfusion having had cancer in his mouth before;  so my two brothers decided to make my partners life hell (I went to my mums when I left my ex at the hospital).   

Even now they cant keep their ****ing nose out stuff.  I left her last year but have been trying since January.  Because i've been trying my brothers fallen out with me massively.

Anyway its came to it now.  I'm done.

I genuinely want to die.  And it doesn't even scare me to say.  I want to die.

I'm done pleasing others done being the bad one and done not seeing my babies.

Kickback you're the best place in the world.  And my post about having no money and the legend sent it and I've sent back, it's because I've nobody.  I put everything into my relationship and my family, forgot my mates and now im in a decent enough flat but on my own.  I simply can't and wont do it anymore.

You need to speak to someone totally detached from your whole situation.
There are places like Samaritans you can call and people will listen and not judge. I’ve a friend who does voluntary work manning the phone lines and she says it’s all very much about being an ear. I think go there are a couple of other services that you can text if you feel uncomfortable talking. 

It sounds like a tough time you’ve been going through and people close to you won’t always be the best as they will have opinions before you talk to them. I hope you get it sorted and to a better place in yourself mate. It won’t be quick but it will get better. 

Last Laff
16 hours ago, Tazio said:

You need to speak to someone totally detached from your whole situation.
There are places like Samaritans you can call and people will listen and not judge. I’ve a friend who does voluntary work manning the phone lines and she says it’s all very much about being an ear. I think go there are a couple of other services that you can text if you feel uncomfortable talking. 

It sounds like a tough time you’ve been going through and people close to you won’t always be the best as they will have opinions before you talk to them. I hope you get it sorted and to a better place in yourself mate. It won’t be quick but it will get better. 

Thank you Tazio. :)

Last Laff
16 hours ago, Alex said:

Sorry you're having a hard time @Last Laff
I'm afraid I've no real advice for you other than to suggest posting on this thread. It may not seem like it now, but things can and will get better.

The support and understanding on there is really amazing.

Thanks Alex, I'm in an avoid everything mood today I'm not being rude, it's really appreciated. 

rudi must stay

If you have breathe in your body and strength you can turn things around @Last Laff. These days I am a cripple with pain everywhere. Every day is difficult and I hate it. 

Last Laff
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

If you have breathe in your body and strength you can turn things around @Last Laff. These days I am a cripple with pain everywhere. Every day is difficult and I hate it. 

Sorry to hear that mate and puts things into perspective. 

hisnameisdrewbusby

Just want to confirm what other guys have said on hear @Last Laff. It would have been hard to post what you've said here, but believe it or not it is a good thing to get thoughts like that out of your head and into the open. So well done for sharing. 

Like @Tazio said, talking to someone detached from your situation will help.  Plenty of guys at The Changing Room project have come along and done that and there's no advice, just other guys with different stories and similar thoughts whose shared experience helps both the others and themselves. By getting their thoughts out in the open, they rationalise that it is their brain playing tricks with them and that there are reasons to look forward, even if it part of getting better means tough choices about walking away from the source of their mental torture   

To brazenly pinch the catch phrase from a great supporter of The Changing Room - try and see the opportunity rather than the challenge - we can all get stuck in the habit of making a backward pass when we see that gnarly full back, but better to think how good you'll feel when you take him on, get round him and get a cross in.  If that's maybe a bit cryptic, us guys tend to bottle up our bad thoughts, cut ourselves of from others and retreat to our man cave and try to blank out the bad thoughts - as folk who've done that will tell you,  it doesn't work and actually making yourself do things like sticking to a good routine, getting out and connecting with others (and nature) might feel the tougher option, but it is much better for us.

Here's a link to some pages with support options and ideas to help you take on your challenge and see the opportunity.

Find help from SAMH | SAMH 

Mental wellbeing and coronavirus | SAMH

The Changing Room

Dougie

Robbo-Jambo
On 06/07/2021 at 00:05, hisnameisdrewbusby said:

Just want to confirm what other guys have said on hear @Last Laff. It would have been hard to post what you've said here, but believe it or not it is a good thing to get thoughts like that out of your head and into the open. So well done for sharing. 

Like @Tazio said, talking to someone detached from your situation will help.  Plenty of guys at The Changing Room project have come along and done that and there's no advice, just other guys with different stories and similar thoughts whose shared experience helps both the others and themselves. By getting their thoughts out in the open, they rationalise that it is their brain playing tricks with them and that there are reasons to look forward, even if it part of getting better means tough choices about walking away from the source of their mental torture   

To brazenly pinch the catch phrase from a great supporter of The Changing Room - try and see the opportunity rather than the challenge - we can all get stuck in the habit of making a backward pass when we see that gnarly full back, but better to think how good you'll feel when you take him on, get round him and get a cross in.  If that's maybe a bit cryptic, us guys tend to bottle up our bad thoughts, cut ourselves of from others and retreat to our man cave and try to blank out the bad thoughts - as folk who've done that will tell you,  it doesn't work and actually making yourself do things like sticking to a good routine, getting out and connecting with others (and nature) might feel the tougher option, but it is much better for us.

Here's a link to some pages with support options and ideas to help you take on your challenge and see the opportunity.

Find help from SAMH | SAMH 

Mental wellbeing and coronavirus | SAMH

The Changing Room

Dougie

Brilliant post and advice. 👍

rudi must stay

I think I need to get myself off the pills. They have done nothing for me and I enjoyed life more when I wasn't on them. 

hisnameisdrewbusby
3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I think I need to get myself off the pills. They have done nothing for me and I enjoyed life more when I wasn't on them. 

There have been some Changing Room guys who've said and done the same @rudi must stay. Though some still believe that they are working for them.  I'm no Doc here, so only a note of caution for you - be careful. From what I understand, your GP can't recommend this, but you can tell them that you want to do this and need advice how to do it safely.

All the best,

Dougie

rudi must stay
14 hours ago, hisnameisdrewbusby said:

There have been some Changing Room guys who've said and done the same @rudi must stay. Though some still believe that they are working for them.  I'm no Doc here, so only a note of caution for you - be careful. From what I understand, your GP can't recommend this, but you can tell them that you want to do this and need advice how to do it safely.

All the best,

Dougie

It's a long story but I have been to be honest branded with a title that's a lot of rubbish. I used to like it but this sort of thing affects your work and how people look at you. It's offensive, and it was given to me after 2 minutes. But I appreciate the advice and I do have patience, that's one things all this has given me patience 

hisnameisdrewbusby
5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

It's a long story but I have been to be honest branded with a title that's a lot of rubbish. I used to like it but this sort of thing affects your work and how people look at you. It's offensive, and it was given to me after 2 minutes. But I appreciate the advice and I do have patience, that's one things all this has given me patience 

Having patience is a great strength - I reckon it's linked to being resilient and keeping sticking up for yourself. Keep on keeping on!  I'm guessing when you say branded and this stuff affecting your work - here's a link to something called the SeeMe campaign that aims to get rid of stigma and discrimination. It has lots of resources See Me | Understanding Mental Health Stigma and Discrimination (seemescotland.org) and free e-learning that covers rights at work for people who suffer mental health issues See Me | E-Learning (seemescotland.org) (Its easy to dip in an out so not a giant time spend in one go). 

rudi must stay
15 hours ago, hisnameisdrewbusby said:

Having patience is a great strength - I reckon it's linked to being resilient and keeping sticking up for yourself. Keep on keeping on!  I'm guessing when you say branded and this stuff affecting your work - here's a link to something called the SeeMe campaign that aims to get rid of stigma and discrimination. It has lots of resources See Me | Understanding Mental Health Stigma and Discrimination (seemescotland.org) and free e-learning that covers rights at work for people who suffer mental health issues See Me | E-Learning (seemescotland.org) (Its easy to dip in an out so not a giant time spend in one go). 

These links are useful for someone with mental illness but not me. I am as sharp as I've ever been upstairs. My problem lie in other places, to others they appear mental, but to me they make sense 

rudi must stay

Probably not be allowed to say what I said 

Edited by rudi must stay
rudi must stay

So that's me on less pills and I must say I feel less anxious and more positive about things. I have left a wee Google review, I don't like to be talked down to by people. So I'm not the sharpest guy but I don't appreciate that

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
rudi must stay

Tell you what cheers me up abit, exercise. I feel like I've done more if I throw in some sport. By the way I'm sorry for all the posts I wish I could delete some so moderators feel free to 

Life throws us many hurdles, I am at present in conflict with our Strata council.  The President is a nasty little bitch,and making life as difficult as she can for me and is in a position where by not doing what she is obligated to do leaves me limited ways to in fact achieve my purpose without expensive legal fees. We have a neighbour who is known as the neighborhood gossip, he doesn't like me, having at one time responded to something I said to a friend of his. Prior to retirement he was a steelworker, and believes he is tough, as many of his ilk find when you come in fighting fashion you may meet someone who figures himself, no bad himself,, and regardless of result will not back down,  I guess reputation and previous experience sagged when he saw someone with angry glaring eyes, a sign that got me in Niddrie dubbed big blue eyes, take the stance, it was a signal that his current idea was not his best. However as the Pied Piper as I refer to him, he goes around spreading his gossip which is I have heard ,negative about me, and like the Pied Piper has got some of the recipients believe what is said about Bob Sharp. The result is my life has become one of extreme loneliness, it of course that for other reasons is not new to me. 

I have not sought advice, I talk regularly to my son, I still am a non drinker or smoker, I get down, but I am a believer in the adage when the going gets tough the tough get going. When I was the Chief of a police department I sat in a grievance process, during this the Officer subject of the case, said " You won't remember this Sir, " his representative the Union President immediately told him to stop talking and said, indicating me " this mans memory is a thing of legend in this department, he doesn't forget anything, and he will hold a grudge forever" No  very nice but actually very supportive, when as at present I think of days and comments like that, and I consider who I am then I come out of my depression discard my total loneliness and get a smile thinking of my future actions and grudge satisfaction and get a wee smile on my face. My other motto, **** with the bull, and you are gonna get the horn. So never Kamerad like they did in the war, never be a prisoner, and never take prisoners, administer punishment as appropriate, verbal, written, or basic humiliation, very satisfying.

On 27/08/2021 at 16:06, Sharpie said:

Life throws us many hurdles, I am at present in conflict with our Strata council.  The President is a nasty little bitch,and making life as difficult as she can for me and is in a position where by not doing what she is obligated to do leaves me limited ways to in fact achieve my purpose without expensive legal fees. We have a neighbour who is known as the neighborhood gossip, he doesn't like me, having at one time responded to something I said to a friend of his. Prior to retirement he was a steelworker, and believes he is tough, as many of his ilk find when you come in fighting fashion you may meet someone who figures himself, no bad himself,, and regardless of result will not back down,  I guess reputation and previous experience sagged when he saw someone with angry glaring eyes, a sign that got me in Niddrie dubbed big blue eyes, take the stance, it was a signal that his current idea was not his best. However as the Pied Piper as I refer to him, he goes around spreading his gossip which is I have heard ,negative about me, and like the Pied Piper has got some of the recipients believe what is said about Bob Sharp. The result is my life has become one of extreme loneliness, it of course that for other reasons is not new to me. 

I have not sought advice, I talk regularly to my son, I still am a non drinker or smoker, I get down, but I am a believer in the adage when the going gets tough the tough get going. When I was the Chief of a police department I sat in a grievance process, during this the Officer subject of the case, said " You won't remember this Sir, " his representative the Union President immediately told him to stop talking and said, indicating me " this mans memory is a thing of legend in this department, he doesn't forget anything, and he will hold a grudge forever" No  very nice but actually very supportive, when as at present I think of days and comments like that, and I consider who I am then I come out of my depression discard my total loneliness and get a smile thinking of my future actions and grudge satisfaction and get a wee smile on my face. My other motto, **** with the bull, and you are gonna get the horn. So never Kamerad like they did in the war, never be a prisoner, and never take prisoners, administer punishment as appropriate, verbal, written, or basic humiliation, very satisfying.

Where in Canada are you based?