Re season tickets sales going forward

jbee647

When football returns and a new season commences, there is no way, certainly at first, grounds will be allowed to be filled to capacity, I believe all clubs will only be allowed to sell season tickets or admit fans to a certain percentage of capacity, probably a third of total attendance available 

been here before
37 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

When football returns and a new season commences, there is no way, certainly at first, grounds will be allowed to be filled to capacity, I believe all clubs will only be allowed to sell season tickets or admit fans to a certain percentage of capacity, probably a third of total attendance available 

You've just made all that up and tried to present it as fact. You start with "no way" move onto "certainly" then arrive at "I beleive".

You might be right though you're probably wrong- for quite obvious reasons.

Personally Ill wait until until we hear from the authorities and club and know the prices and what division we're in next year. Also whats happening to the outstanding 'balance' on this years STs.

Gorgie_Rules

The only solution for clubs is to tell players they are no longer getting paid, and can stay under contract if they so wish until it blows over.

I can’t see any way that thousands of people will be allowed in a stadium before the end of the year, and Sky won’t pay a penny until there is games to show

Any club taking season ticket cash of fans just now is wrong IMO, theres as much chance of most clubs going out of business by the end of the year as there is the chance of football returning to normal

FarmerTweedy
13 hours ago, jbee647 said:

That doesn't really make much sense (although what does these days?), even if only one in every three seats in a row is used, you'll still have someone within a couple of feet of you in the rows in front and behind. 

No, it's far more likely (at least imo), that there simply won't be crowds allowed into games at all until such time as restrictions on large scale gatherings are lifted completely. Whether that means games being played behind closed doors for a while or not remains to be seen, although I think that's unlikely, as I don't think even training will restart until the advice on people staying 2 metres away from each other are eased, and I think that by the time training has been going long enough for games to start, restrictions on crowds will be lifted anyway. 

Clerry Jambo

Interesting clubs like Hibs, Aberdeen and motherwell selling record number of season tickets for length of time on sale. 

Over 3000 down at Fester

Do we normally have season tickets on sale at this time?

been here before
9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Interesting clubs like Hibs, Aberdeen and motherwell selling record number of season tickets for length of time on sale. 

Over 3000 down at Fester

Aye.

I usually pay for mine at the start of April.

David McCaig
19 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Over 3000 down at Fester

Selling season tickets now is surely just setting fire to future cash.

It would make much more sense to furlough players on zero pay other than government subsidy and even consider administration rather than sell the STs and potentially burn through that prior to resumption.

Who knows how long it will be until football renews in front of large scale crowds.

Having the FoH infrastructure in place is a God send in this crisis.

portobellojambo1
On 10/04/2020 at 12:50, jbee647 said:

It is very possible that if a decision is made to restart football in say 4/5 months time, purely as an example, that the games will initially be played behind closed doors. But by the time fans are allowed back it will be with the blessing of the authorities, i.e. the all clear will have been given, and everyone can attend. The potential issue is the cost of those ST's, because at this stage no one knows how many games they will cover.

GorgieFifeLife

I cant see any games being played in front of fans until after the winter break of next season.  I just dont see us being back at Tynie for at least 10 months.

Clerry Jambo
30 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I cant see any games being played in front of fans until after the winter break of next season.  I just dont see us being back at Tynie for at least 10 months.

Listening to these professors and scientists, this virus will potentially be around for months and maybe years. It may appear to have slowed down and then disappear but they are saying it “probably” will come back again. Vaccines are going to be crucial. 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Listening to these professors and scientists, this virus will potentially be around for months and maybe years. It may appear to have slowed down and then disappear but they are saying it “probably” will come back again. Vaccines are going to be crucial. 

Agreed.  Vaccines are the key and I think there will be a level of restrictions in place until these are ready.  Drugs to treat this effectively will probably be ready sooner so at that point some restrictions can be relaxed but I just dont see mass gatherings for a long time.

I think it’s a mistake for clubs to sell tickets now for next year.  We don’t even know how many games will be played.  Would people be willing to pay the same as last year to watch a reduced number of games?

6 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Agreed.  Vaccines are the key and I think there will be a level of restrictions in place until these are ready.  Drugs to treat this effectively will probably be ready sooner so at that point some restrictions can be relaxed but I just dont see mass gatherings for a long time.

It will be at least 2 years before a drug or vaccine is ready for everyone to access.  First you need to invent it, then you need to test it to make sure it is safe and finally you need to build a manufacturing plant to make it. No quick solution on the horizon.

jambo-in-furness

I made the mistake of buying my season ticket 3 days before we went into admin, I don’t begrudge Vladimir the money but, I’d rather it had gone to the club.

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I think it’s a mistake for clubs to sell tickets now for next year.  We don’t even know how many games will be played.  Would people be willing to pay the same as last year to watch a reduced number of games?

They might as well just asked for a donation. 

That is what it is without knowing when football will be allowed in front of full stadiums. 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

They might as well just asked for a donation. 

That is what it is without knowing when football will be allowed in front of full stadiums. 

In which case donate tax free via FoH

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

In which case donate tax free via FoH

It would be good if they allowed one off donations via Paypal.

been here before
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

It would be good if they allowed one off donations via Paypal.

You can make one off payments on the FOH website.

David McCaig
8 minutes ago, been here before said:

FoH could even ringfence ST monies and return to contributors when STs available for sale.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

FoH could even ringfence ST monies and return to contributors when STs available for sale.

Not sure I understand how that would work? 

David McCaig
Just now, davemclaren said:

Not sure I understand how that would work? 

I donate £500 to FoH. They hold that money in lieu of a ST.  If games go ahead behind closed doors, the cash can be released Hearts.  If the game resumes in front of paying fans, FoH return my cash so I can buy a ST.  Cash release.could.even be on a game by game basis.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I donate £500 to FoH. They hold that money in lieu of a ST.  If games go ahead behind closed doors, the cash can be released Hearts.  If the game resumes in front of paying fans, FoH return my cash so I can buy a ST.  Cash release.could.even be on a game by game basis.

There might be vat implications but an interesting concept. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

There might be vat implications but an interesting concept. 

Not for games that don't take place, because it's absolutely a donation for no material return.  If funds are then returned to buy a ST, then VAT is paid on ST.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Not for games that don't take place, because it's absolutely a donation for no material return.  If funds are then returned to buy a ST, then VAT is paid on ST.

If FoH are donating a portion to the club contingent on a closed doors match taking place I think HMRC would want their cut as well. 

David McCaig
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

If FoH are donating a portion to the club contingent on a closed doors match taking place I think HMRC would want their cut as well. 

One for the accountants but doubt it would fall foul.

We already have all the facilities for fans to donate. 

We don't need to dress it up as ST sales. 

Not like some clubs I could mention 🤔

1 hour ago, been here before said:

I thought you could only do this if you lived overseas?

Tokyo Drifter
On 11/04/2020 at 13:19, Clerry Jambo said:

Over 3000 down at Fester

We've had them on sale in March before, for sure.

Hard to justify buying 5 STs when we won’t get to the games but if my club needs me to do this then I’m in. 

Been pish watching them anyway 😆

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Hard to justify buying 5 STs when we won’t get to the games but if my club needs me to do this then I’m in. 

😂

22 hours ago, McCrae said:

It will be at least 2 years before a drug or vaccine is ready for everyone to access.  First you need to invent it, then you need to test it to make sure it is safe and finally you need to build a manufacturing plant to make it. No quick solution on the horizon.

Think all three parts of your process are already well underway. Vaccines have been developed, many are currently being tested, manufacturing of some has begun in existing plants. Gates is donating up to £1bn for advance manufacturing of vaccine with the knowledge that most of it will likely be wasted but it will, in all probability, seriously shorten the cycle time required to get the necessary vaccine(s) 

23 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

They will be but remember the flu vaccine every year is only effective on 50-60% of those that are given it. Treatment therapies and vaccines are the way to drive down the death rates and reduce covid-19 to just another virus like flu, cold etc. 

I'd be doing the monthly option payment and I'm quite happy to pay it in advance if that makes sense. i.e. Pay it for the next few months even though there's no football

Edited by Jamhammer

letsmakesomenoise
21 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Not sure I’d trust them with that, waited years to get my plot and 56 club invites (after chasing them) and have been waiting on my 1998 invite for almost a year.  Not that I’m bothered about that in any way, but puts their organisational capabilities in question.

Jambo 4 Ever
12 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Problem is there are more important things to spend money on just now for many people 

davemclaren
28 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Problem is there are more important things to spend money on just now for many people 

I don’t think anyone has suggested that you do it if you can’t afford it. Clearly there will be less people able to do that sort of thing than usual. 

David McCaig
34 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Personally, its pretty damn impossible to spend money on anything at the moment.

Walter Bishop

There wont be a proper, as we came to know it, football match played in UK until a vaccine is found and in place. 

Clubs selling season tickets for 20/21 are ripping their fans off. Im glad ours havent gone on sale.

How do you "social distance" inside a football stadium? I will be shocked if there any sporting events with a crowd or audience for at least another year and a half. 

been here before
56 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Like what?

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Like what?

If you need to ask, then you have a serious problem or it’s a poor attempt at being funny 

been here before
1 hour ago, Natural Orders said:

If you need to ask, then you have a serious problem or it’s a poor attempt at being funny 

Maybe both.

So like what then?

The idea of getting season ticket money is basically to pay the wages of the same players who weren't prepared to take a pay cut in the club's hour of need sticks in the throat.

On 11/04/2020 at 13:19, Clerry Jambo said:

Over 3000 down at Fester

The vermin will celebrating our likely relegation.

Maybe Ann's pal Leanne will give her a hug to cheer her up, since they happily screwed us over big time.