if israel attack iran...

Quagmire

SNP in we don't understand global politics shocker. :eek:

Although if one can't do something as simple as make a flight on time, it's unfair to expect one to get one's head round the geo-political environment. :)

I must say, Therapist that you are doing great things for my ego. I'm quite touched that you think of me as someone who IS the SNP and has some real say in the direction and moves of our nations governing party...

that's only partly true;)

As for the flight...pah! Another day of the Beach, Cervesas and beautiful women.

To be exact, Lebanon was recognised in the west as a state sponsor of terrorism between 1990 and 2005, during which time it was occupied and controlled by Syria, another internationally recognised state sponsor of terrorism at the time.

PS Your points would carry more weight and would be far more interesting and readable without the patronising and belittling bits in bold as above.

Which part of the west exactly? The Lebanon has an unique form of government based on religious divides whereby power is divided between the Sunni, Maronite and Shia parts of society. So I'm very dubious about claims it sponsored terrorism. So far in that I would say it is nonsense. Possible the half dozen countries out of the entire UN that categorize Hezbollah as a terrorist organisation propogated this myth? I would go as far as to say that the US is more of a state sponsor of terrorism.

Can't see either China or Russia "jumping in" tbh, no country particuarly wants a war, especially won which if China/Russia/the US all end up involved in there will be no 'victor' of. Only thing which will happen in that scenario is the complete destruction of Iran and the deaths of pretty much every soldier sent there on either side and the risk that it might escalate into attacks on their 'homeland' which in turn would no doubt turn Nuclear before long.

Imo, the Israeli's will bomb the apparent nuclear sites in Iran within the next few months, China/Russia will condemn it, the Yanks will back it, but neither will do a thing. Can't even see Iran retaliating officially either, they'd lose. They'll more than likely be a massive increase of suicide bombings in Israel which of course Iran will have nothing to do with but that'll be it.

An Iranian official has recently hinted that if there was an attack on Iran's nuclear sites they would hit the oil straits in the region.Big time chaos on top of the other fallout(sorry,didn't mean that pun!):eek:

alwaysthereinspirit
I know there are a lot of jewish folk in the us. My american mate says they call New Jersey New Jeruselam. Anyway, I was just wondering if someone could explain why the jewish lobbies hold so much clout in the us. Is it money that's invested in the us, do they give a lot of party donations. I just wonder what Israel as a country brings to the table, for all this hassle.

If we were to get rid of Israel it would be interesting to see what the freedom fighters/terrorists and the countries involved would do next.

Hope nothing happens this week as a couple of my mates headed off to israel today for a wedding.

"If we were to get rid of Israel" What does that statement even mean?

coppercrutch
"If we were to get rid of Israel" What does that statement even mean?

To be fair Israel was only created 60 ish (?) years ago so getting 'rid of it' would seem to be no great deal. It was created out of thin air after all. Of course historically this has been the 'homeland' of the Jewish people but unless I am mistaken the state of Israel is a pretty recent invention. Off to google to find out !!!

To be fair Israel was only created 60 ish (?) years ago so getting 'rid of it' would seem to be no great deal. It was created out of thin air after all. Of course historically this has been the 'homeland' of the Jewish people but unless I am mistaken the state of Israel is a pretty recent invention. Off to google to find out !!!

Correct.

It was created after WII as a "safe haven" for the Jews.

Was Nostradamus or in Revelations that said that Armageddon would happen in the Middle East. The whole situation is a tad worrying

A common misconception when talking about the middle east is that the war against Iraq started in 2003.

We have been engaged with Iraq since 1990, enforcing no fly zones, building up troops on the border with Saudi Arabia etc.

That is the sort of thing that Israel would like to do to Iran and Shaun was right to point out that it wouldn't be comparable to the US led invasion of Iraq.

(Of course the wouldn't be able to amass troops without having a border but you get the general idea).

I wonder what Israels reaction to this will be?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7496765.stm

Iran has tested fired 9 missiles - 1 of which, is capable of reaching Israel.

love this bit

"Two other types of missile with shorter ranges were also fired as part of the Great Prophet III war games being staged by Iran's military."

Sound like they're playing a real life adaptation of an XBOX game. Whats the bet Rockstar release a Prophet IV.

to be fair to iran, they have a hell of a lot of oil to protect and seeing as america have already nabbed all iraq's oil, i'd be worried and would probably want to protect myself.

if america and britain want iran to stop enriching uranium, they should ****g well stop it as well...

to be fair to iran, they have a hell of a lot of oil to protect and seeing as america have already nabbed all iraq's oil, i'd be worried and would probably want to protect myself.

if america and britain want iran to stop enriching uranium, they should ****g well stop it as well...

Totally agree.

maltese jambo
If Israel attaacks Iran we should do the only possible thing- do a Switzerland.

Supply both sides with copious amnounts of weapons and make money hand over fist

Supply Israel to keep the US sweet whilst under the table supply Iran and get the Islamic nations back onside to remove the threat of terror strikes on our nation

It is high time that our country stayed out of these conflicts and merely profitted from the misery of others

We owe it to the Arab world to NOT get involved in another middle east conflict

Make them our friends and be done with all this nonsense

I think it goes beyond 'oweing it to the arab world'; the fact is that blindly following american foriegn policy has had a catestrophic effect on the image of the UK as well as the chances of world peace in general; particularly in the middle east.

deesidejambo

So you think that if the US and UK were to stop the Iranians will also stop? Iran is intent on the destruction of Israel regardless of what the West does. Their Leader has often stated that.

i HATE israel with a passion.

Iran on the other hand aint really known for being aggresive as such.

Israel sits there, trying to controll the area whislt hiding behing good ol uncle sam.

why do u think a lot of countries hate Israel ? go read up on it.

very hated. they are the only middle east country to stand beside the US in that way.

this will go t1tz up big time, and we will all be paying for it.

its all about oil, anyone who says it aint, is dead in my eyes.

So you think that if the US and UK were to stop the Iranians will also stop? Iran is intent on the destruction of Israel regardless of what the West does. Their Leader has often stated that.

If you're referring to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's statement that Israel should be :- "wiped off the map" it's questionable that's actually what he said. It's even more debatable that he meant Israel should be destroyed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad_and_Israel

The NY Times also has the full transcript of his speech and it doesn't read like warmongering to me.

What seems to be true; once the world press had picked up on the wipe Israel off the map statement, Israel immediately demanded Iran be expelled from the UN and people naturally assumed Iran wants to nuke Israel.

I'm not so sure.

Archived