Neil Mcanns best Xl he has played with

pointon

East Lothian Jambo
48 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So would you have him over Rudi and JC?

I'd probably have all 3 with Robbo and Cameron & Hartley as central midfielders 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• pointon

• East Lothian Jambo

• Last Laff

East Lothian Jambo
10 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Our best winger in my lifetime. Unbelievable player for us. 

That performance against Rangers in 1996 LC Final was phenomenal. He ripped the shite out of them. They put 2 men up against him and they still couldn't stop him 

Sponsors MoM was announced while the game was still going.  It was 4-2 at that time 

How often would that happen, particularly when either of OF was participating and winning at the time 

He had great pace and he loved to get to the bye line and cross. Proper winger 

McCann would definitely be in the best Hearts XI of players I've seen (by the way I would find a place for both Skacel and McCann in the team).

In terms of his choice of best XI of players that he played with, I think it's understandable that most of the team are Rangers players as he played with some top class players there - such as Gascoigne, Ferguson and Tugay - but I agree that Rod Wallace and Craig Moore are strange choices. You would have thought he would have found a place for at least Colin Cameron and Rudi Skacel.

Assuming he chose Andy Goram rather than Craig Gordon, I would agree with that. Goram was a brilliant keeper and IMO is the best player Scotland has produced in any position since the late 80s/early 90s.   

colinmaroon
16 hours ago, Morgan said:

Rod feckin Wallace versus Robbo?

Aye, that’s a tricky one.  :sadrobbo:

Obvious why he's a rubbish manager.

Robertson was a better finisher than Ally McCoist.  Robbo's conversion rate of chances/goals was much better.

12 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Obvious why he's a rubbish manager.

Robertson was a better finisher than Ally McCoist.  Robbo's conversion rate of chances/goals was much better.

Spot on, Colin.

1 hour ago, Irufushi said:

Our best winger in my lifetime. Unbelievable player for us. 

Me too.

Still got a wee soft spot for Bobby Prentice mind, but obviously that’s way before your time!

Neil Mccann was a phenomenal wee winger, rapid, skillful, intelligent, great delivery. 

That said, it's weird how far he gets up Rangers arse at times considering he certainly was brought up as a Celtic fan and is more revered at Tynie than he was at Ibrokes.

Ibrahim Tall

He was playing with the likes of DeBoer, Numan, Klos, Kanchelskis, Van Bronckhorst, Albertz, Mols, Caniggia, Ferguson, Arteta etc at Rangers. 

Taking offence that Hearts players didn’t get ahead of them is silly, he played there at a time the huns were spending absolute silly money on genuinely top class players.

The Real Maroonblood
26 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

He was playing with the likes of DeBoer, Numan, Klos, Kanchelskis, Van Bronckhorst, Albertz, Mols, Caniggia, Ferguson, Arteta etc at Rangers. 

Taking offence that Hearts players didn’t get ahead of them is silly, he played there at a time the huns were spending absolute silly money on genuinely top class players.

That alright then.

He still a tosser.

WoolfordsHearts
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That alright then.

He still a tosser.

Get a grip.

Neil McCann made Hearts a good bit of money when he signed a contract he didn't need to.

I can see only one tosser here and it isn't Neil McCann.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Get a grip.

Neil McCann made Hearts a good bit of money when he signed a contract he didn't need to.

I can see only one tosser here and it isn't Neil McCann.

:rofl:

9 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

That, sir, is a very, very bold statement. Certainly if we're going by the last 40 years, I'd find it hard to play someone before than Terry on the left wing.

If we're going for a best ever Hearts XI, I'd have McCann on the left wing, Mickey and Hartley in the middle, with Rudi cutting in from the right to ping them in with that sexual left peg of his. 

I actually picked a best team today for a thing on FB. Went for Derek Ferguson to partner Mickey in the middle, though could easily have gone for Fulton instead. Hartley too similar to Cameron IMHO. I also cheated and named McCann and Rudi in the same team, with McCann on the right (he was easily good enough to play there).

WoolfordsHearts
7 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I actually picked a best team today for a thing on FB. Went for Derek Ferguson to partner Mickey in the middle, though could easily have gone for Fulton instead. Hartley too similar to Cameron IMHO. I also cheated and named McCann and Rudi in the same team, with McCann on the right (he was easily good enough to play there).

A Jim Bett in there could muddy the waters mate.

He was in his latter years with us but f### me,what a two footed player.

Borders Jambo
19 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Agreed. V underrated player.

Just a shame we couldn't have had him a couple of years before he joined.

Guest ToqueJambo
21 hours ago, pointon said:

It was on bbc sport sound this afternoon and every player was from Rangers that included Craig Moore and Rod Wallace this was based on who he played with can’t recall the rest of the line up

however when he was selecting his strikers never mentioned Robbo but did Mcoist who he never played with and described Rod Wallace as the best finisher 🤣

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52176127

Some dodgy selections here. Klos over Niemi, who was at Southampton with him I think? 

Craig Moore AND Amoruso over Davie Weir? 

Claudio Reyna over Cameron?

And Rod Wallace is a crazy shout. Better than Robbo or Kevin Phillips at Southampton? Never even capped for England. 

East Lothian Jambo
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:rofl:

He's actually spot on 

McCann did sign a new deal which undoubtedly was done to maximise the fee we achieved 

On 05/04/2020 at 21:27, pointon said:

Craig Moore is in his defence 😂😂😂

loved him in his first spell as a player hope he gets no where near us again

his best Xl was on sportsound this afternoon 

Moore was class 

East Lothian Jambo
38 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

It was only when Bett joined us and you saw him every week did you appreciate what he could bring. His performance in the 4-2 Rangers cup tie is right up there for me. Absolutely brilliant display against some real quality.  He was by far the best player on the park that night. 

Sadly he played in a poor Hearts side. His quality was there for all to see 

Only player other than Bett that I've seen take a corner and decide which foot to use was Eamonn Bannon.  Another quality footballer 

59 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I figured having Niemi, Fyssas, Flögel, Weir and Bruno at the back would allow Mickey to shuttle up and down while Hartley, McCann, Rudi, Robbo and Jankauskas cause havoc up front. We could always drop Jankauskas for Salvatori and push McCann and Rudi further forward. 

Christ, I'm foaming at the gash here and we're not even including legends like Mackay, Bauld, etc as I've never seen them play. 

25 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Some dodgy selections here. Klos over Niemi, who was at Southampton with him I think? 

And Rod Wallace is a crazy shout. Better than Robbo or Kevin Phillips at Southampton? Never even capped for England. 

Stefan Kloss was better goalie than Niemi.  He explained why he had Reyna in there also, Robbo was in the last years of his hearts career when NM was signed.   Moore was also a class player, Weir got better as his career went on. 

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Stefan Kloss was better goalie than Niemi.  He explained why he had Reyna in there also, Robbo was in the last years of his hearts career when NM was signed.   Moore was also a class player, Weir got better as his career went on. 

What are you, a Scotland manager? Players don't magically become better when they play for Rangers. At the time Niemi was down south he was recognized as one of the PL's best keepers. Weir was fantastic for us and Scotland while McCann played with him, and was Everton's player of the year soon after joining them. He was already brilliant, which is why they bought (stole) him. And Robbo was still scoring for fun in McCann's first season for us. As for Moore and Amoruso....

Anyhow, up the Gers! Or something.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Forever Hearts
4 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Neil Mccann was a phenomenal wee winger, rapid, skillful, intelligent, great delivery. 

That said, it's weird how far he gets up Rangers arse at times considering he certainly was brought up as a Celtic fan and is more revered at Tynie than he was at Ibrokes.

Nonsense. His double against Celtic at Parkhead to win Rangers the league made him a legend in the eyes of the Rangers support and they still hold him in very high regard to this day. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

What are you, a Scotland manager? Players don't magically become better when they play for Rangers. At the time Niemi was down south he was recognized as one of the PL's best keepers. Weir was fantastic for us and Scotland while McCann played with him, and was Everton's player of the year soon after joining them. He was already brilliant, which is why they bought (stole) him. As for Moore and Amoruso.... 

You become better playing with better players. A simple fact of football. 

WoolfordsHearts
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nonsense. His double against Celtic at Parkhead to win Rangers the league made him a legend in the eyes of the Rangers support and they still hold him in very high regard to this day. 

He's more loved at Tynecastle than ibrox and that's a fact my friend.

6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You'd know all about that right enough. :rolleyes:

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You become better playing with better players. A simple fact of football. 

That doesn't mean a Hearts player can't be better than a Rangers player. Niemi definitely should be in his team in that case though. He was great for Rangers, outstanding for us and even better down in England when McCann was in his team. All about opinions, but Klos barely registered with me as one of the better goalies in Scotland over the last few decades. All about opinions I suppose.

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

What are you, a Scotland manager? Players don't magically become better when they play for Rangers. At the time Niemi was down south he was recognized as one of the PL's best keepers. Weir was fantastic for us and Scotland while McCann played with him, and was Everton's player of the year soon after joining them. He was already brilliant, which is why they bought (stole) him. And Robbo was still scoring for fun in McCann's first season for us. As for Moore and Amoruso....

The Scotland manager aye? Kloss was one of the best goalies in the world and champions league winner when at Rangers who were much much bigger and better than Southampton, they sold McCann to Saints when he was on the decline also.  Who recognised Anti as one of the best PL keepers? And if so why did he only get as far as Southampton? 

Weir was fantastic yes, he got better when he left though, as did McCann when he left. Craig Moore and Amoruso where fantastic for the huns and won shit loads. 

Robbo was not as good as Wallace when McCann played with them over a period of time, winning leagues champions league.  Wallace won the league down south also.  

Youre far too blinkered and I admire that.  It’s a boyhood Celtic fan who played for both clubs who chose the players though, his judgement will be a lot better than yours. 

Edited by Last Laff

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You'd know all about that right enough. :rolleyes:

You're predictable if nothing else. And you are nothing else. 

Forever Hearts
19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That doesn't mean a Hearts player can't be better than a Rangers player. Niemi definitely should be in his team in that case though. He was great for Rangers, outstanding for us and even better down in England when McCann was in his team. All about opinions, but Klos barely registered with me as one of the better goalies in Scotland over the last few decades. All about opinions I suppose.

Niemi is the best Hearts keeper I've seen, but Klos was also a great keeper and a Champions League winner. Is it unreasonable to say they were both excellent? 

8 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

You're predictable if nothing else. And you are nothing else. 

:laugh: Says the guy who appears only on threads that have content relating to either Celtic or, Rangers. Weird that. 

Forever Hearts
20 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:laugh: Says the guy who appears only on threads that have content relating to either Celtic or, Rangers. Weird that. 

More lies. I suggest you look again at my posting history, but that might not suit your agenda so I won't hold my breath. 

PS. You still backing Levein? 😂

27 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

More lies. I suggest you look again at my posting history, but that might not suit your agenda so I won't hold my breath. 

PS. You still backing Levein? 😂

You're posting history would back up what i said. You love the Rangers, it is so blatantly obvious to everyone on here. So much so you just put down Hearts to defend your Ibrox luvvies.

Are you? You wanted to give him a full round of fixtures ffs. I wanted him out after 4 games. 

:sadrobbo:

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Niemi wasn’t great at rangers. He was slaughtered for a pumping at Celtic park and sub to the french World Cup winner Charbonnier ? We got him at a snip because they pushed the boat out to sign world class Stefan Kloss, probably the best goalkeeper that’s ever been in Scotland in 50 years at least. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Niemi is the best Hearts keeper I've seen, but Klos was also a great keeper and a Champions League winner. Is it unreasonable to say they were both excellent? 

Kloss was the best goalie there’s been in Scotland in modern times. 

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

You're posting history would back up what i said. You love the Rangers, it is so blatantly obvious to everyone on here. So much so you just put down Hearts to defend your Ibrox luvvies.

Are you? You wanted to give him a full round of fixtures ffs. I wanted him out after 4 games. 

:sadrobbo:

*your*

I wanted to give the new signings a chance. You backed him to the hilt even when it was obvious it wasn't working. 

Your Rangers nonsense is just that, nonsense. 

8 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Niemi wasn’t great at rangers. He was slaughtered for a pumping at Celtic park and sub to the french World Cup winner Charbonnier ? We got him at a snip because they pushed the boat out to sign world class Stefan Kloss, probably the best goalkeeper that’s ever been in Scotland in 50 years at least. 

Gordon 2004-2007 was better than both imo. It’ll only be long after he retires that he will be fully appreciated 

Unknown user
11 hours ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Never realised what a quality operator he was til I saw him play for us

HillmanHearts

Terrific Hearts player. Toss up with him and JC for best winger in my time following Hearts  - imo.

Don't agree with his best 11 obviously  ( Amorusso in front of Weir FFS ?? )  but that's up to him.

He made sure we made a good bit of cash on his transfer and was always respectful towards us after he left.

Thankfully he was on his A game v Falkirk in the 98 semi or there would have been no era defining cup win !!

Forever Hearts
27 minutes ago, HillmanHearts said:

Terrific Hearts player. Toss up with him and JC for best winger in my time following Hearts  - imo.

Don't agree with his best 11 obviously  ( Amorusso in front of Weir FFS ?? )  but that's up to him.

He made sure we made a good bit of cash on his transfer and was always respectful towards us after he left.

Thankfully he was on his A game v Falkirk in the 98 semi or there would have been no era defining cup win !!

We did well to win that game with the performance Kevin McAllister put in. 

On 05/04/2020 at 22:27, pointon said:

All Rangers players 

Just saw this and really disappointed. Moore and Amoruso???? Rod Wallace? 

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

Gordon 2004-2007 was better than both imo. It’ll only be long after he retires that he will be fully appreciated 

Craig would be a good call tbh. I think Kloss was better though and better than Goram. 

Edited by Last Laff

6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

*your*

I wanted to give the new signings a chance. You backed him to the hilt even when it was obvious it wasn't working. 

Your Rangers nonsense is just that, nonsense. 

Clearly didn't actually but never mind. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Disagree. Neil McCann was a tremendous player for us and both Rudi and McCann would stroll into my best ever XI. 

They are totally different types of player. All they had in common was their brilliance in a Hearts strip.

If there was space for both of them and JC I'd agree, but if only 2 of the 3 it would be McCann that loses out for me.

Ibrahim Tall
23 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Klos won multiple Bundesligas and the Champions League for Dortmund prior to signing for them, if it wasn’t for Germany having half a dozen world class goalkeepers at the same time like Kopke, Kahn and Lehmann he’d have won a shitload of caps for Germany.

Reyna left Rangers for Sunderland and Man City in the premiership, Cameron left Hearts for championship Wolves at virtually the same time. I loved Mickey as much as anyone but that says a lot in itself.

McCann played about one season with Robbo(96/97) anywhere near his best, Wallace scored about 20 a season at Rangers 2 years in a row. Robbo was a far better player but in McCanns limited playing time with them both he obviously made less of an impact.

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah. For sure JC would be in my team too.

What about Bobby Prentice? 

Forever Hearts
52 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Klos won multiple Bundesligas and the Champions League for Dortmund prior to signing for them, if it wasn’t for Germany having half a dozen world class goalkeepers at the same time like Kopke, Kahn and Lehmann he’d have won a shitload of caps for Germany.

Reyna left Rangers for Sunderland and Man City in the premiership, Cameron left Hearts for championship Wolves at virtually the same time. I loved Mickey as much as anyone but that says a lot in itself.

McCann played about one season with Robbo(96/97) anywhere near his best, Wallace scored about 20 a season at Rangers 2 years in a row. Robbo was a far better player but in McCanns limited playing time with them both he obviously made less of an impact.

We'll have less of these facts and common sense stuff. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

I'd genuinely have none of them over Niemi, Cameron and Robbo. There's a decent argument about Niemi but he was genuinely one of the best goalies in Europe for a while after going to England. Cameron and Robbo were way better and more influential for their clubs in Scotland than Reyna and Wallace. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Ibrahim Tall
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

I'd genuinely have none of them over Niemi, Cameron and Robbo. There's a decent argument about Niemi but he was genuinely one of the best goalies in Europe for a while after going to England. Cameron and Robbo were way better and more influential for their clubs in Scotland than Reyna and Wallace. 

Robbo was more influential at Hearts in 97/98 where he played about 20 games and spent time on loan at Dundee than Rod Wallace was at Rangers when he was there top goal scorer two years in a row? 
McCann was only at Hearts for two years at the tail end of Robbo career, he’s hardly based the decision on performances prior to that.

HillmanHearts

Davie Weir. Went to the World cup in 98. Went on to win 69 caps.

Amarusso. Got zero caps. Joined Blackburn after Gers. Got a handful of games.

Just some more facts 🙂