Bands you hate.

Greedy Jambo

2 hours ago, fast_blood said:

Out of interest, what makes Marilyn Manson incoherent? 

Don't take it so personally.  Away and listen to some Manson tracks and tell me if you like it.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ri Alban

• Dawnrazor

• Greedy Jambo

• Unknown user

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

weegie jambo
1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Sympathy for the Devil, Paint It Black or Yellow Submarine!

A Day in a Life or Waiting on a Friend!  Touche!

4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

See I love their early stuff. Pure is one of my all time favourite songs. Just a great pop song.  It reminds me of being 15 and Cloudcuckooland was the first 'indie' album I bought.

Three Lions totally ruined them.

Ian Broudie is a great songwriter imo.

I hate their music, just the fact they can't actually do what their CD's play. 

That other girl group, AllSaints.. decent tune some if their songs but heard them live on TOTP's, they were atrocious... 

3 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

A Day in a Life or Waiting on a Friend!  Touche!

Waiting on a friend is better than anything else on that album though bar A day in a life.

Would go as far as saying the Stones music has stood the test of time better than the Beatles.

Pepper is my most overrated Beatles lp.

All about opinions.

41 minutes ago, jumpship said:

I hate their music, just the fact they can't actually do what their CD's play. 

That other girl group, AllSaints.. decent tune some if their songs but heard them live on TOTP's, they were atrocious... 

No idea what they are like live but the All Saints made some of the best pop music in the last 25 years.

9 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

The Jam were my band as well. 

Still are tbh 

Their songs still are still relevant and classy and always will be imo. 

I was listening to SNAP the other day. It's like a prophecy. :D

Edited by ri Alban

7 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

I'd rather listen to Lonnie Donegan than the Beatles.  That's a fact.  Why?  Because it's called personal choice.  I am also sharing this fact, so don't get upset.

Do I hate the Beatles?  No.  

I am sure everyone else is entitled to dislike  Lonnie.  I couldn't care less.

Lonnie was an influencer, the king of skiffle! 

Most of the shit I hate is listed already but nobody mentioned the manic street preachers, used to want to cut my ears off and plug the holes with cement anytime they were on the radio

8 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Don't take it so personally.  Away and listen to some Manson tracks and tell me if you like it.

Hahaha not even a fan. Just wanted to know why you thought it was incoherent?

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I was listening to SNAP the other day. It's like a prophecy. :D

👍

19 hours ago, leginten said:

The very expression is toe-curling and conjures up images of black-clad bozos without an ounce of lyricism in their souls indulging in fretwank over plodding, repetitive bullshit riffs.

I forgot to add:

Bon Jovi

My former dope dealer loved Bon Jovi. He played in quite a few pubs across the city and he modelled his style on him. Cant remember his band's name though.

10 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

I'd rather listen to Lonnie Donegan than the Beatles.  That's a fact.  Why?  Because it's called personal choice.  I am also sharing this fact, so don't get upset.

Do I hate the Beatles?  No.  

I am sure everyone else is entitled to dislike  Lonnie.  I couldn't care less.

Imo The Beatles are no better than Take That :laugh: Just a boy band.

3 hours ago, JimKongUno said:

Most of the shit I hate is listed already but nobody mentioned the manic street preachers, used to want to cut my ears off and plug the holes with cement anytime they were on the radio

I like the Manics lol

Spitonastranger
14 hours ago, frankblack said:

Agree totally, and some of the responses on this thread are trying to sound hip by slating anything remotely successful, which I find a bit tiresome.

My taste varies depending on my mood - rock, metal, electronic, and even some pop when I feel like it.

You don't like Nirvana, Pink Floyd, U2, The Beatles, Iron Maiden etc, fine - no one cares, but don't try and pretend they aren't talented!  Bands still popular 40 or 50 years after their first album must have had something going for them.

Wrong people who love the Beatles and Elvis because their parents listened to them and don't have the intellect or capacity to find their own music. People who are lazy and say there are no good bands nowadays and watch X factor etc.  

Spitonastranger
14 hours ago, JWL said:

Nailed it. I'm a big Beatles fan but if someone says they don't particularly like them then fair enough. It's when some Joey comes on here trying to sound hip by stating the most influential band the world has ever known (as agreed by pretty much every musical performer on the planet) are actually shite, then it's actually laughable.

Who were influenced by other musicians, they were the Oasis of their day

4 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

Who were influenced by other musicians, they were the Oasis of their day

Of course they were influenced by other musicians, every band/musical performer is and has been for hundreds of years. I'm not getting into a big Beatles debate as you are clearly not a fan, but don't call them shite as they clearly weren't, and to say they were the Oasis of their day is ignorant in the extreme.

Spitonastranger

Calm doon its a jovial thread, you stated all bands are influenced by other bands or musicians. Oasis were by the beatles and so the beatles were influenced by others.

Hate bands ? 
A bit strong.

Personally I would listen to anything from classical, opera, country, punk (my era), rock. 
All the bands people have listed as hate, I would listen to.

First record I bought in the 60’s was Ned Millers, from a jack to a king.
Last one was a box set of The Icicle Works.

Having said that, U2, Heavy metal and prog rock would have to be a truly emergency situation. But better than nothing.

Actually, maybe I do hate U2 .

11 hours ago, weegie jambo said:

I shake my head!  Man some folk!

Just my opinion, I wasn't around in the 60's or 70's but from what I have heard from the two I think the Rolling Stones are better

2 hours ago, fast_blood said:

Hahaha not even a fan. Just wanted to know why you thought it was incoherent?

Well I actually tried to listen to some of his tracks last night.  It's mostly garbled and disturbing (personal choice).  I noticed he tried to cover some old songs.  Was like an effort to get into a kind of pop industry.  Didn't like any of it.  The more I try to like it the more I will dislike it.

Same with U2.  Although less Manson  like , I found it strange why alot of folk like U2 but I don't.  So I try to listen to their stuff also but find myself disliking it further.  

There are lots of stuff I can't stand  but sometimes I actually like it on an off day. 

I P Knightley
37 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Any heavy metal or punk band.

I was on the verge of stating the whole genre of metal but there are the odd songs and bands in there I like - all towards the 'softer' end. What I just can't get is the ones who grow their hair super long; bend down over their guitars thrashing away (one of whom can play a lot of notes in a short space of time) and they have a singer (often shaven headed) who growls into the mic loudly. Absolutely awful. 

Punk was also a broad church. Some of it has stood the test of time; some of it was pretentious shite. 

I could probably name one song I like from each & every band on this thread, ie I really like Disco Down by Shed Seven but nothing else...If I like U2's version of Helter Skelter does that tick off the Beatles too? (Truth is I like a lot of Beatles stuff)

I think I'd have to consider one hit wonders if I was to try to contribute here.

Edited by Spellczech

17 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I was on the verge of stating the whole genre of metal but there are the odd songs and bands in there I like - all towards the 'softer' end. What I just can't get is the ones who grow their hair super long; bend down over their guitars thrashing away (one of whom can play a lot of notes in a short space of time) and they have a singer (often shaven headed) who growls into the mic loudly. Absolutely awful. 

That will be cookie monster vocals.  These bands truly are talentless - all clones with zero originality.

When we were allowed to be out and about, if anything by Bastille ever came on when I was in the car, I had to fight the temptation to plough into something head-on at 70mph, just to end it all.

Absolutely whining shite.

Just now, tian447 said:

When we were allowed to be out and about, if anything by Bastille ever came on when I was in the car, I had to fight the temptation to plough into something head-on at 70mph, just to end it all.

Absolutely whining shite.

🤣🤣👍 my son loved thier song Pompeii 🤢🤢🤢

7 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣👍 my son loved thier song Pompeii 🤢🤢🤢

All their songs sound exactly the same, so how he could possibly tell which one was Pompeii from the other whinging pish is a real talent.

I honestly don't think I hate any other l̶i̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶  band as much as them.

hmfc_liam06

Frank absolutely hates it when folk don't like bands he likes, hates it.

U ok hun x

Edited by hmfc_liam06

20 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Frank absolutely hates it when folk don't like bands he likes, hates it.

U ok hun x

giphy.gif

Whoosh!

Not a fan of 9 inch nails, but Hurt(steady!!!) is some tune. Not as good as Mr Cash's cover. I also like Johnny's cover of U2's One. 

Perth to Paisley
On 04/04/2020 at 22:59, micole said:

I really, really dislike U2, and cannot see all the excitement about The Smith's esp the tedious tuneless Morrissey. Just my opinion. 

On 05/04/2020 at 03:37, Smithee said:

First 2 were quality, basically terrible after that though. 

I'm a total snob who thinks his musical opinion is always right, this thread is right up my alley. Good OP!

Coldplay, obviously. 

Maroon 5

Keane

REM

Radiohead 

Smiths

In fact every thought Morrissey's ever had

U2, although really it's about Bono

Like all 80s thrash fans, Metallica for dumping us in favour of rock

I'll be back..

On 05/04/2020 at 06:26, jonnothejambo said:

Smiths. Utter shite.

On 05/04/2020 at 13:01, Morgan said:

The feckin Smiths.

On 05/04/2020 at 13:49, Special Officer Doofy said:

Like Johnny Marr. Like a couple of Smiths songs. Morrissey is an absolute ****ing penis, and I can’t stand him.

9 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

The Smiths. Overrated twaddle.

Hope the next time you defecate its s porcupine!...as a guy behind us used to shout every week.

Your opinion doesn't count 😉

1 minute ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Hope the next time you defecate its s porcupine!...as a guy behind us used to shout every week.

:seething:

4 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

I stand by every word! 😀

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

He's a daffodil toting ****

Sticking strictly to bands, I have to add my votes for

The Beatles

Coldplay 

U2 

Green Day (or any “pop punk” acts)

And one I don’t think Ive seen here yet: The Beach Boys. I don’t know what it is but I can’t stand them and the song Good Vibrations ironically fills me with just inhuman levels of rage.

Oh, and the proclaimers

15 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Can’t believe the hate for The Smiths. 

Will chip in with dislike for Coldplay though. Quite liked Yellow because it was new and quirky but they are just so samey. 

3 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Any heavy metal or punk band.

Any!? Thats a bold statement given such huge genres. 

Not a big fan of metal but like alot of punk (in many guises) 

There are plenty acoustic singer song writers that may not suit the brash traditional image but because of their lyrics or style could verge on punk for example.

Frank turner springs to mind?

6 minutes ago, Thommo414 said:

Green Day (or any “pop punk” acts)

Wont be everyones cup of tea but still love a bit of pop punk.

Cant beat driving in the car on a sunny day belting out some feel good tunes from my teens. 

Its not always complex of intelligent bit great fun.

Mxpx, Less than jake, NFG, fenix tx more recently max raptor, interuptors . Stuck with me from my youth. Id say it was a guilty passion but not really. Still lifts my spirits if im in the right mood.

Looks like Coldplay is the winner. :laugh:

A lot of the bands I hate, I'll admit have good songs but there's just something really dislikable about them. Guns N Roses, I like Slash, great guitar player but I hate Axel Rose and their parody overly American rockstar look. Same with U2, some great songs but Bono is an epic pretentious wank. 

Then there is music that I don't like but can totally respect. 

I can't really talk because the music I like is absolutely ****ing terrible. :laugh4:

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Any!? Thats a bold statement given such huge genres. 

Not a big fan of metal but like alot of punk (in many guises) 

There are plenty acoustic singer song writers that may not suit the brash traditional image but because of their lyrics or style could verge on punk for example.

Frank turner springs to mind?

Yep. Basically anything with thrashing guitars is a no for me, especially when accompanied by shouty vocals. 

Perth to Paisley
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I stand by every word! 😀

If it is a porcupine ....I see why you STAND by your comments