10,000 season tickets a lie

mact

It may well be that the people who are not turning their back on the team "on principle" could help bring about change which would mean that the club eventually emerges stronger

However the people who are going to ride the storm out are the ones who will ensure that there will still be a club for the quitters to come back to if things do improve.

It would be a bad thing if 100% had renewed for reasons outlined earlier by various angry ranters.

It would also be a bad thing if 0% had renewed for reasons that should seem obvious.

A 20-30% drop off compared to last year seems about right.

Well done everybody

We_are_the_Hearts
It may well be that the people who are not turning their back on the team "on principle" could help bring about change which would mean that the club eventually emerges stronger

However the people who are going to ride the storm out are the ones who will ensure that there will still be a club for the quitters to come back to if things do improve.

It would be a bad thing if 100% had renewed for reasons outlined earlier by various angry ranters.

It would also be a bad thing if 0% had renewed for reasons that should seem obvious.

A 20-30% drop off compared to last year seems about right.

Well done everybody

I would say the opposite. I would say that for these people to give up something that means a lot to them shows they have baws, that they are making a stance that enough is enough. I have not renewed but aint no quitter mate but I do have other things I could be doing with my time, that is the difference. A lot of people who have renewed have nothing else to do on a Saturday.

Marketing people like to talk about 'segments' of their market. I think there are different segments in last season's ST holder group.

1. Real gloryhunters - probably disappeared like snow off a dyke.

I love this term when decribing Hearts fans! It's such a sad argument. Hearts have won approximately 2 cups in about 50 years! In what way is anyone who's been to Hearts in the past half century a gloryhunter? If winning meant so much to these people would it not be easier to support Rangers or Celtic where you are pretty much garuanteed silverware every year?

brightonsjambo
Yes i do say so. I dont give a flying feck if i appear to be opinionated on this - i'm right.

The team you are going to watch next year is not the Hearts I know. It is not the team of the rich history and heritage that more than half of the capital has been proud of for 134 years. It is a shambolic, foreign, parody of the institution that you have seen grace Tynecastle in the past.

Its a joke, its a travesty, and its not the Hearts I have watched through countless matches, and never will be while that mad b@stard is in charge.

And it is indisputably people like you who are continuing to perpetuate his reign.

Thanks for destroying Hearts mate. Enjoy watching Spartans in a year or two.

Couldn't agree more. Only 1 out of our group of 6 has renewed. Followed Hearts for over 50 years. Last season was the last straw. I remember sitting at a match at the tail of last season and saying to myself "What am I doing here?". And for Mad V to say he will communicate even less from now on was the act of a despicable man who couldn't care less about the supporters.

Nelly Terraces

Tell you what though, the Wheatfield will be like a morgue (some might say it is anyway wi the say nothings that sit there), as there's a lot of folk I know have moved from there to the old stand purely to save money, in some cases probably around 200 quid.

Therefore, revenue will be down on actual sales anyway, so all those of you crowing about season ticket sales being OK, are, yet again, taking a pretty shortsighted approach.

Pete Seeger
Fair play to the 3000 non-renewers then (of which I am one).

For those that have renewed, hang your head in shame. I hope you enjoy watching a megalomaniacs badly run corporate toy. I'll consider renewing (after going to Tynecastle for 25 years, btw), when the club is faintly identifiable as Hearts.

:mad:

Pete Seeger
Yes i do say so. I dont give a flying feck if i appear to be opinionated on this - i'm right.

The team you are going to watch next year is not the Hearts I know. It is not the team of the rich history and heritage that more than half of the capital has been proud of for 134 years. It is a shambolic, foreign, parody of the institution that you have seen grace Tynecastle in the past.

Its a joke, its a travesty, and its not the Hearts I have watched through countless matches, and never will be while that mad b@stard is in charge.

And it is indisputably people like you who are continuing to perpetuate his reign.

Why don't you picket outside the ground on the first game of the season instead of giving it large on here about how much of a super fan you are for not renewing :confused: The fans won't kill the club. Romanov might. TIT

Drew Busby !

A few thousand haven't renewed...whilst many thousands of others have renewed with extreme reluctance. Neither group is "better" than the other. All it tells me is that we are at the beginning of the end (apologies to Churchill).

However we look at it we have close to 14,000 very p|ssed off people and we are now seeing the embryonic development of widespread and organised reaction to our horrible situation.

Only wish "I'd got here sooner" :(

Pete Seeger
A few thousand haven't renewed...whilst many thousands of others have renewed with extreme reluctance. Neither group is "better" than the other. All it tells me is that we are at the beginning of the end (apologies to Churchill).

However we look at it we have close to 14,000 very p|ssed off people and we are now seeing the embryonic development of widespread and organised reaction to our horrible situation.

Only wish "I'd got here sooner" :(

Correct.

United we stand... divided we fall.

I think we all know that the situation at Hearts will not improve under Romanov and those who have renewed will get a grand stand view of the club WE ALL LOVE fall apart under his reign.

We are constantly bickering amongst ourselves and complaining about the regime yet there are still those prepared to cough up for ST's and club shirts etc... that is their perogative.

Personally I haven't renewed because i'm of the opinion that witholding my ST money is making a statement that I have had enough of the regime and its detrimental effects to the club. I can't ignore the fact that the rest of the spl think we are a laughing stck, our best players want to leave and our caretaker mnager who'd have walked over broken glass in bare feet for the club has been treated in such an appalling manner.

The press are having a field day with us and there has been not one peep out of VR... which in itself speaks volumes. He doesn't care about the fans they are of no consequence to him... we all know that with his other clubs he barely acknowledges them when times get tough... now it is our turn.

For me the man has to go and I hope and pray that we find an answer to him and as much as i'd love to see the 9 000 (confirmed) who renewed their ST's return them and join a protest outside Tynecastle for his removal... it will never happen.

What we must all realise is that Romanov will not be removed, he'll rarely be here next season if at all and as long as we accept this... we must accept poor players, disinterested players, poor coaching, unwanted coaches, little success and a lot more heartache.

Those who know about the goings on in football from the playing side to the finance side all have their reservations about the way Hearts are going... they are the realists... for us fans who tend to think with our hearts rather than heads we are set to go through yet another rollercoaster of emotions... and I am not prepared to pay for that privilige... not to Romanov anyway.

I'll support my team away from home... but will stay away from Tynecastle until a positive change to the regime or preferably it's complete removal.

Why don't you picket outside the ground on the first game of the season instead of giving it large on here about how much of a super fan you are for not renewing :confused: The fans won't kill the club. Romanov might. TIT

I have never once hinted at being an "uber fan", you deluded tube. (I think I can call you that in resonse to the TIT line).

You have wilfully ignored the point Ive made which is that renewing at Tynecastle is not supporting Hearts, its supporting Romanov. If you can say, hand on heart, that the institution you will watch at Tynecastle next season is the same one and has the same values and meaning as the one you started following, then I worry for your mental welfare..

Essentially, there is very close to being (if indeed the point has not been reached already) a HMFC worthy of the name to back or protest about.

Calls to lead the charge or man the barricades are fatuous and diversionary - you refuse to recognise the facts.

Great post. I couldn't agree more. But im stupid and still renewed but i'll go and support my team no matter what.

[mod edit]

I dont actually give a hoot what your underlying point was in amongst all that guff - there's a way to make a point and you just failed miserably.

Its the fans fault?

Its the renewers that are to blame?

Seriously get a grip of yourself. Untill you actually get off your backside and DO something about making it better rather than NOT do something cos it suits you not to - do not preach to me about what my ?400 is / isnt doing to this club.

I do assume that seeing as this team "isnt Hearts" - that you'll not be watching any live matches, highlights, or attending any sporadic "pay as you go" fixtures???

In fact, why are you even on here keeping up to date with things if we're "not hearts" anymore???

Will you also refuse to go to cup matches / semi's / finals on the unrealistic off chance we reach them??? I doubt it.

[mod edit]

Erik - always a pleasure, never a chore to read your considered responses. Delighted to see Im adding to your stress release by giving you the opportunity to spout self-righteous bile in my direction.

Again, and in small words for your benefit.

Yes. It is the fans fault for buying ST's when it was the only valid protest open to them. By that action they (either on purpose or unwittingly (sorry a bit long that one)) support VR. That equals no Hearts that one can identify with. Why is this hard for you to grasp. Possibly you are a Hobo?

Drew Busby !
Erik - always a pleasure, never a chore to read your considered responses. Delighted to see Im adding to your stress release by giving you the opportunity to spout self-righteous bile in my direction.

Yes. It is the fans fault for buying ST's when it was the only valid protest open to them. By that action they (either on purpose or unwittingly (sorry a bit long that one)) support VR. That equals no Hearts that one can identify with. Why is this hard for you to grasp. Possibly you are a Hobo?

It's happened mate and we have to start from this "ground zero" position I think. Personally I was a few key-strokes away from renewing when the McGhee thing was "in the bag". Even the Weiss appointment would have led me to sign-up. It's been a knife-edge judgement for most of us as to whether to fork out or not.

I honestly don't think that any of us ... renewers or non-renewers ... expected us to be as badly fecked up at the start of July as we currently are. Things seem pretty clear now though (unfortunately).

The Baldmans Comb
just on the board what a load of pish have watched hearts since 1962 so have seen mostly incompetant directors/owners erseholes and crap teams but I still support and get behind THE TEAM/PLAYERS whoever is in charge if you wish to campaign do it in other ways but sorry I am a Hearts supporter/season ticket holder and will always follow my team no matter who is in charge, some people need a reality check. I hate what vlad is doing but as many posters have stated what is the alternative. no white knoght waiting in the wings.

:mad:

You hate what Vlad is doing ? but you renewed???????????.

In the name of god man why????????????????????????????.

We are all Hearts suporters but can't you see you had the power to make a difference and send a strong and powerful message that you were no longer willing to put up with the lies deceipt and mismanagement.

You can still support the club by being a walk up fan and if anything you will actually contribute more to the club in a fnanacial sense.

Please anyone else Don't Renew but become a walk up fan instead and support the 11 players on the pitch at all times and keep your self respect.

You accuse me and "my kind", of "destroying hearts".

You blame me and "my kind", for the current situation.

You continuously and incorrectly state that my actions are in support of the Romanov regime.

You imply that i'm "thick".

You suggest that i'm a hibs fan.

And its ME who ends up with the infraction.....??? What an f'in joke.

In big bold letters in the hope that MAYBE you'll finally grasp it.....

REGARDLESS OF YOUR OPINION (YES, OPINION) THE FACT IS - MY SEASON TICKET RENEWAL WAS NOT "SUPPORT OF ROMANOV". I CAN CALL THIS FACT AS THERE IS ONLY ONE PERSON WHO KNOWS MY REASONS BEHIND MY RENEWAL, AND AS A CLUE - ITS NOT YOU.

HE, AND HIS REGIME, DO NOT HAVE AN IOTA OF SUPPORT FROM ME.

Now if you STILL cant comprehend that, then i'm afraid i'm at a loss as to how I can make it any clearer.

mate, you are obviously upset like we all are but i think you are out of line blaming anyone who has re-newed their season ticket for destroying hearts. evryone has their own opinion me included and i am far from happy at the way the club has gone over the past two seasons. i have re-newed as have 7 out of 8 that i go with. what is happening lies with one man and has nothing to do with the fans. if the club dies it will be solely down to vlad not the 10,000 fans who have decided to watch next season

If everyone did not re-new this would surely be a risky strategy. Why would Vlad continue to run a club with no fans, running at a huge loss? He may be a cr*p manager but he does appear, given his reported wealth, to be a reasonable businessman.

Whats to stop Vlad saying, "no fans, no income therefore no point in running the club. I'll sell everything off asap. Better that than take a huge loss".

No more Hearts.

We are all Hearts suporters but can't you see you had the power to make a difference and send a strong and powerful message that you were no longer willing to put up with the lies deceipt and mismanagement.

You can still support the club by being a walk up fan and if anything you will actually contribute more to the club in a fnanacial sense.

Please anyone else Don't Renew but become a walk up fan instead and support the 11 players on the pitch at all times and keep your self respect.[/QUOTE]

Not entirely sure how not re-newing our season tickets then paying at the gate helps. If at each game we still get 15,000, even if they pay on the day, then Vlad isn't going to be bothered. In fact over the season he will make more money!

Jamboelite

Thanks for destroying Hearts give me a break.

Your the man who on another thread stated that all those that renewed are personally responsible if we went to the wall.

ABSOLUTE :1222:

He is responsible Vlad that is and by buying an ST it isnt going to change it i said before the non buying of ST's of say 4000 people imho wouldnt have mattered a bolt to the man.

The only question is what we can do to get him to change his ways which is why we are constantly divided and argue between ourselves.

But to hold people responsible because they bought an ST christ thats just idiotic.

Jambos1983
mate, you are obviously upset like we all are but i think you are out of line blaming anyone who has re-newed their season ticket for destroying hearts. evryone has their own opinion me included and i am far from happy at the way the club has gone over the past two seasons. i have re-newed as have 7 out of 8 that i go with. what is happening lies with one man and has nothing to do with the fans. if the club dies it will be solely down to vlad not the 10,000 fans who have decided to watch next season

If the club dies what will you say you tried to do about it. did you make a stand no? You gave the guy your money which you're perfectly entitled too. The only impression Romanov is going to get from the renewals is that he has enough fans willing to pay every season to keep his little game going with us. Of course renewers are still fans/supporters etc but its obvious that this is one of the few ways we as supporters can get our message across. Hit em where it hurts. I really hope next season people will wake up to this, if we're still here of course

rossthejambo
I have never once hinted at being an "uber fan", you deluded tube. (I think I can call you that in resonse to the TIT line).

You have wilfully ignored the point Ive made which is that renewing at Tynecastle is not supporting Hearts, its supporting Romanov. If you can say, hand on heart, that the institution you will watch at Tynecastle next season is the same one and has the same values and meaning as the one you started following, then I worry for your mental welfare..

Essentially, there is very close to being (if indeed the point has not been reached already) a HMFC worthy of the name to back or protest about.

Calls to lead the charge or man the barricades are fatuous and diversionary - you refuse to recognise the facts.

bollocks. i renewed to support hearts. not romanov. i dont support his actions like so so many on here who may or may not have renewed. but i renewed so that i can watch the team that i support and have supported for my entire life. i will never be embarassed to call myself a hearts fan. if you are then go find someone else to support. get a grip

If the club dies what will you say you tried to do about it.

I love this line.

And what exactly did YOU do?? Non-renewal is not DOING something, however you choose to look at it - you've done sweet feck all either pal.

Fair play to the 3000 non-renewers then (of which I am one).

For those that have renewed, hang your head in shame. I hope you enjoy watching a megalomaniacs badly run corporate toy. I'll consider renewing (after going to Tynecastle for 25 years, btw), when the club is faintly identifiable as Hearts.

Posts like this are funny.

You didn't renew, fine, your decision.

People who did renew (including me) also have a right to make that decision. Get over your own sense of self importance and try to be a bit less pompous. What type of a total **** says anything along the lines of "fair play to me for not renewing"? Get out more.

walton1983
If everyone did not re-new this would surely be a risky strategy. Why would Vlad continue to run a club with no fans, running at a huge loss? He may be a cr*p manager but he does appear, given his reported wealth, to be a reasonable businessman.

Whats to stop Vlad saying, "no fans, no income therefore no point in running the club. I'll sell everything off asap. Better that than take a huge loss".

No more Hearts.

Thats the problem, some fans are scared to rock the boat because they think Hearts would disappear. Yes there would be troubled times but Hearts will always survive. ROmanov is using Hearts as his plaything and he needs to be ousted sooner rather than later.

Guest Dipped Flake

The more some guys on here slag off the season ticket renewers, the more I am glad I did eventually renew. I hated Robinson with a passion for robbing our club and trying to force us out of Tynecastle, as well as for personal reasons that I will not go into here, but I still went along every week to support HMFC. As far as I am concerned, I will continue to do so for as long as there is a club. Don't have a problem with any organised protests about the way the club is currently being run but I will be in my usual seat come August 9.

Please anyone else Don't Renew but become a walk up fan instead and support the 11 players on the pitch at all times and keep your self respect.

Surely if your earlier reasoning made any sense then becoming a walk up fan would mean continuing to show your ongoing support for the regime on a a bi-weekly basis.

Pants Shaton

10,000 season tickets were sold on the back of the 1998 Scottish Cup win and the optimism of that period.

10,000 season tickets sold for the upcoming season - simply another lie.

Pete Seeger

Do you think I'm happy with the way our clubs run??? Of course I'm not. Does that mean I should give up on it? I don't think it does. If Vlad wants this club to go to the wall it won't make the slightest bit of difference how many people renew. And if you beleive that by not renewing your going to help force Vlad out then you are clearly the "deluded tube".

However if thats what you beleive then fine, good for you. No problems here with anyone not renewing but don't come on here spewing about how the fans that have renewed are killing the club. Because it's complete and uitter drivel.

10,000 season tickets were sold on the back of the 1998 Scottish Cup win and the optimism of that period.

10,000 season tickets sold for the upcoming season - simply another lie.

If you are using season 98/99 as a barometer of 10k+ ST sales how come we managed to shift c.13.5k last season?

Can anyone corroborate this 10k figure?

Has it been officially released?

If the OP has simply plucked it out of the air to make a point, then yes it obviously is a lie! Point is that isn't Heart's or VR's fault as it isn't them saying that 10k ST's have been sold!

All this fighting amongst ourselves makes me hate Romanov even more:sad:

All this fighting amongst ourselves makes me hate Romanov even more:sad:

It happens all the time.

There were those who criticised Burley for 'easing up on teams', those who criticised Levein ;) when we were 3rd in the league, those who criticised Scotland's finest right back of the last 5 years :), those who criticised the Pieman for spending too much on players and those who criticised the Pieman for spending too littleon players.

It is the sort of thing which makes the board interesting. Not that I like personal attacks much though.

Pants Shaton
If you are using season 98/99 as a barometer of 10k+ ST sales how come we managed to shift c.13.5k last season?

Can anyone corroborate this 10k figure?

Has it been officially released?

If the OP has simply plucked it out of the air to make a point, then yes it obviously is a lie! Point is that isn't Heart's or VR's fault as it isn't them saying that 10k ST's have been sold!

My decision to buy a ST for 07/08 was based on the (misplaced) belief that after the mess of 06/07 Romanov would make the required changes. I expect may others felt the same.

My decision to buy a ST for 07/08 was based on the (misplaced) belief that after the mess of 06/07 Romanov would make the required changes. I expect may others felt the same.

With you there, to an extent GMAN!

I think my decision to renew this season is an extension of that very same logic. :o

BTW, not having a pop at you in my previous post, just interested to know where the OP got the 10K figure from.

merseyjambo

No more Hearts.

Whos to say thats what Vlads not doing anyway.

The cost cutting, the disinterest from VR. Could be hes bringing the debt down before he selld Tynecastle to get his money back and then goes off into the distance. Where are Hearts then.

Better at least to have made him try and see sense rather than surrender to the notion that we the fans are happy with events there

sandyseymour

Yawn :byebye:

Captain Lithuania

Will you be quiet? He hasn't destroyed Hearts, neither have I, or anyone else who buys a season ticket, if anyone is guilty of destroying Hearts, it's you, for not believing. And Vlad too for being an erse, don't accuse others of what YOU are guilty of.

The Baldmans Comb

[quote name=AndyMcI;

Not entirely sure how not re-newing our season tickets then paying at the gate helps. If at each game we still get 15' date='000, even if they pay on the day, then Vlad isn't going to be bothered. In fact over the season he will make more money![/quote]

14,000 season ticket holders to 8,000 ticket holders is quite a powerful message to send to someone/anyone even some one as completely deluded as him.

No-one wants to damage Hearts either financially or by abusing the players hence why I advocate becoming a walk up fan.

We have no power, you know that, I know that and he knows that and he has us by the short and curlies but at least think about using just about the only weapon you have and refuse to support a regime that regularly lies to the supporters and has made the club a complete laughing stock.

Renewing just perpetuates a completely bankrup regime.

:mad: I just do not believe that we have sold 10000 season tickets . Out of 25 guys we know scattered around the stadium only 4 have renewed FACT So someone is telling porkies and I for one think it's Vlad spin . First home game will tell and I will hold my hand up if wrong .

If indeed 10,000 out of 12,000 genuinely have renewed then the chances of a random sample of 25 containing less than 5 renewals are 1 in 96 trillion.

So I can see why, if you've made this 4 in 25 observation you might be suspicious of any suggestion that renewals might even come close to 10,000

However even if the renewal rate is 50% the chance of less than 5 renewals in 25 is a quite remarkable 1 in 12,800

If renewals had dropped to 4,200 then it would still be a one in a hundred chance

So either

Your sample is vaguely representative and we're looking at renewals of between 500 and 4,000.

Or it's a freakishly unrepresentative sample leading you to honest yet erroneous conclusions.

Or you're lying

I leave readers to choose which of these options they see as being most plausible

Independence

Yawn!!!!!

If indeed 10,000 out of 12,000 genuinely have renewed then the chances of a random sample of 25 containing less than 5 renewals are 1 in 96 trillion.

So I can see why, if you've made this 4 in 25 observation you might be suspicious of any suggestion that renewals might even come close to 10,000

However even if the renewal rate is 50% the chance of less than 5 renewals in 25 is a quite remarkable 1 in 12,800

If renewals had dropped to 4,200 then it would still be a one in a hundred chance

So either

Your sample is vaguely representative and we're looking at renewals of between 500 and 4,000.

Or it's a freakishly unrepresentative sample leading you to honest yet erroneous conclusions.

Or you're lying

I leave readers to choose which of these options they see as being most plausible

I love stats,me!

Keep em coming.Seriously,i'm not having a go here.

Oh,and this thread is deluding itself.Vlad shi**ing himself?Aye,o.k.:rolleyes:

Boab Mugabe

I don't think people not renewing will make a difference will have any effect really, but then that's my opinion.

I renewed for another season of losing most of our home games. Not much new there, really. What I do hope is that the fans start kicking up a real fuss inside the ground rather than just fecking off once things aren't going our way. So many just walked away once we went 1-0 down or something.

I don't think people not renewing will make a difference will have any effect really, but then that's my opinion.

I renewed for another season of losing most of our home games. Not much new there, really. What I do hope is that the fans start kicking up a real fuss inside the ground rather than just fecking off once things aren't going our way. So many just walked away once we went 1-0 down or something.

Erm,to who?

absolutely spot on The sad thing is that most people on this site seem to be under 10 and wouldn't know a good Hearts team if they saw it .Go back to the yoyo years of the 70 's and see how bad we were then cos make no mistake that is where we are heading again and I for one will not be part of it .I 'd rather go and watch AFC Hearts at saughton enclosure -At least you would feel part of the club !!

8 out of 8 from where I'm standing

The glory hunters are deserting us in their droves;)

Right then, I'm a better fan than you...................20 odd years home and away but I won't be renewing.

Archived