10,000 season tickets a lie

mact

:mad: I just do not believe that we have sold 10000 season tickets . Out of 25 guys we know scattered around the stadium only 4 have renewed FACT So someone is telling porkies and I for one think it's Vlad spin . First home game will tell and I will hold my hand up if wrong .

:mad: I just do not believe that we have sold 10000 season tickets . Out of 25 guys we know scattered around the stadium only 4 have renewed FACT So someone is telling porkies and I for one think it's Vlad spin . First home game will tell and I will hold my hand up if wrong .

Out of 12 I know 12 have renewed!

Tend to agree with the OP. I can't believe for a second 10,000 people have renewed.

Pretty much none of of my friends or family have renewed.

Libertonian_II

8 out of 8 from where I'm standing

The glory hunters are deserting us in their droves;)

been a season ticket holder at Tynie for over 25 years and Vlad has managed to do something that Mercer and Robinson couldn't do . stopped me renewing (section C prime position )-and I was one of the organisers of the 'Hands of Tynecastle' in the 90's At least we new what we were up against then !

HMFC-chris

Two out of two here - you can spin many things but me thinks not even Blair/Brown would be able to spin magic like that. Mind you first game of the season might not prove anything at this rate!

heartsfc_fan

I haven't renewed (for personal reasons).

Where did you get the 10K chat from?? Anywhere say we have sold that? :wacko:

Don't see why 10,000 won't be about right based on last years figures. I think last season we were closer to 12,500 to 13,000, right?

About three-quarters of the lads I know have renewed and the rest haven't.

8 out of 8 from where I'm standing

The glory hunters are deserting us in their droves;)

Oooh well aren't you the uber jambo :rolleyes:

Fair play to the 3000 non-renewers then (of which I am one).

For those that have renewed, hang your head in shame. I hope you enjoy watching a megalomaniacs badly run corporate toy. I'll consider renewing (after going to Tynecastle for 25 years, btw), when the club is faintly identifiable as Hearts.

MackaysCentreSpot

10,000 season tickets a lie .

Very true because we have sold 11,500 seemingly.

OK if you say so

Yes i do say so. I dont give a flying feck if i appear to be opinionated on this - i'm right.

The team you are going to watch next year is not the Hearts I know. It is not the team of the rich history and heritage that more than half of the capital has been proud of for 134 years. It is a shambolic, foreign, parody of the institution that you have seen grace Tynecastle in the past.

Its a joke, its a travesty, and its not the Hearts I have watched through countless matches, and never will be while that mad b@stard is in charge.

And it is indisputably people like you who are continuing to perpetuate his reign.

Thanks for destroying Hearts mate. Enjoy watching Spartans in a year or two.

heartsfc_fan
Yes i do say so. I dont give a flying feck if i appear to be opinionated on this - i'm right.

The team you are going to watch next year is not the Hearts I know. It is not the team of the rich history and heritage that more than half of the capital has been proud of for 134 years. It is a shambolic, foreign, parody of the institution that you have seen grace Tynecastle in the past.

Its a joke, its a travesty, and its not the Hearts I have watched through countless matches, and never will be while that mad b@stard is in charge.

And it is indisputably people like you who are continuing to perpetuate his reign.

IMO...Well said

Francis Albert

OK, if you say so.

How long exactly have you enjoyed this "rich history and heritage" that you have seen "grace Tynecastle in the past"?

siegementality

Gave up my season ticket a two seasons ago. I was a season ticket holder for 23 years. My tolerance level for all this sheite was obviously lower than everyone else.

My brother and his two sons haven't re-newed and they've had season tickets for about 8 years. I know lots of other people who haven't re-newed including an older couple who have supported the JT's all their lives and have been season ticket holders together since they married 30 years ago, they haven't re-newed. They are both sick of the lies and deceit.

I do not believe for a second that 10K season tickets have been sold, more lies and deceit me thinks.

OK, if you say so.

How long exactly have you enjoyed this "rich history and heritage" that you have seen "grace Tynecastle in the past"?

that would be around 25 years, until half way through last year, when it dawned on me that going to Tynecastle was a chore,and something done out of habit.

if thats your only response then no wonder you cant see the bigger picture

lost in leith

Marketing people like to talk about 'segments' of their market. I think there are different segments in last season's ST holder group.

1. Real gloryhunters - probably disappeared like snow off a dyke.

2. Recent converts who are in a family group - adults might not be happy, but want to keep the family group going, so probably 90% have renewed all their STs.

3. Diehards who have STs for the last few years - I think most KB regulars are like me and fall into this category. We split into a few sub-categories.

a. True believers - very few I suspect.

b. Those who will always renew because that's what they do regardless of how they feel about the way the club is being run.

c. Those who renewed reluctantly - I'm in this category. Much as I despised CPR, I wasn't convinced that a boycott made sense as it damaged the club when it was in deep financial trouble. I might have participated in a boycott if one was organised and I really thought it might have an impact on Vlad. In the end I renewed - I can't understand folk who think I shouldn't have.

d. Those who've had enough of Vlad and feel they have to make a stand. I won't criticise any one of them. I know a lot of long time diehards who suffered through the late 70s/early 80s, and some of the relegation battles in the mid 90s. They stuck with the club, not the owners, through those hard times. They've had enough - I won't blame them for their decision.

I think a huge percentage of our ST holders fall into category 2, so I think it is possible that we have sold 10,000.

Francis Albert
that would be around 25 years, until half way through last year, when it dawned on me that going to Tynecastle was a chore,and something done out of habit.

I discovered that about 40 years ago

Marketing people like to talk about 'segments' of their market. I think there are different segments in last season's ST holder group.

1. Real gloryhunters - probably disappeared like snow off a dyke.

2. Recent converts who are in a family group - adults might not be happy, but want to keep the family group going, so probably 90% have renewed all their STs.

3. Diehards who have STs for the last few years - I think most KB regulars are like me and fall into this category. We split into a few sub-categories.

a. True believers - very few I suspect.

b. Those who will always renew because that's what they do regardless of how they feel about the way the club is being run.

c. Those who renewed reluctantly - I'm in this category. Much as I despised CPR, I wasn't convinced that a boycott made sense as it damaged the club when it was in deep financial trouble. I might have participated in a boycott if one was organised and I really thought it might have an impact on Vlad. In the end I renewed - I can't understand folk who think I shouldn't have.

d. Those who've had enough of Vlad and feel they have to make a stand. I won't criticise any one of them. I know a lot of long time diehards who suffered through the late 70s/early 80s, and some of the relegation battles in the mid 90s. They stuck with the club, not the owners, through those hard times. They've had enough - I won't blame them for their decision.

I think a huge percentage of our ST holders fall into category 2, so I think it is possible that we have sold 10,000.

To help you understand - in what is a well presented post - the reason for the criticism from me is that actually, its not the Club you are supporting. it just isnt. Its as far removed from Hearts as MK Dons are from Wimbledon. It is a different insitution, run from top to bottom by no-one who has any true feeling for the club.

It is embarrasing to say you are a Hearts fan at the moment. And thats because it is an utterly indefensible enterprise

OK, if you say so.

You aren't going to start talking about the 70s and the 80s surely? I wouldn't know about them, all I know about is now.

The club may have been sh*t back then, but hey we could knock it back to the 50/60s and drag on about the success we had then.

There is a hell of a lot to say that if NOBODY had renewed Romanov wouldn't still be f@nnying about with a lack of manager, or releasing his swanky new range of RR tat in Milan. He'd be sh*tting it that Tynecastle would be sitting empty come August and pulling out every stop he had to ensure we had quality in the dugout and a reason to purchase a ST.

9000 folk gave him carte blanche to shaft us all over again this season coming, a rough thing to say but entirely true I'm afraid.

Francis Albert
There is a hell of a lot to say that if NOBODY had renewed Romanov wouldn't still be f@nnying about with a lack of manager, or releasing his swanky new range of RR tat in Milan. He'd be sh*tting it that Tynecastle would be sitting empty come August and pulling out every stop he had to ensure we had quality in the dugout and a reason to purchase a ST.

It's possible I suppose, but you asssume that Vlad would respond rationally. What makes you think he would? After all buying Hearts wasn't the act of a rational businesman, was it? Vlad wasn't fighting his way through a crowd of potential investors, was he?

It's possible I suppose, but you asssume that Vlad would respond rationally. What makes you think he would? After all buying Hearts wasn't the act of a rational businesman, was it? Vlad wasn't fighting his way through a crowd of potential investors, was he?

Simply by the sheer embarrassment of it all you could quite categorically say that Romanov would do something about it. Imagine a man who bases his entirety on his image. All this hushing pish he does to the cameras, his ball room dancing, his tv docs. It's all about his image and though Hearts may just be a big real life game of Subbuteo it's still driven by his ego and the shame of having an empty ground for the first game of the season would drive him to sort things out sharpish. Imagine the press? Not just Scotland but that would reach out to his homeland and I'm sure a few nationals here would pick up on it after the early promise his regime gave with Burley and the 10 game streak.

Ogilvie and Mann have said in the past that the only thing he would listen to would be pocket hurting protests and that's the biggest thing the support could have done this close season but they bottled it big style unfortunately.

The whole investor thing is also taken too far now. Sure, nobody was looking to pump ?20m into a failing club but Romanov has shown the potential. Full ground year round, not just for the big games, year on year increases in merchandising sales, big money sponsorship and shirt deals. I'd imagine he pushed the debt up so far with little actual return on it to ensure nobody would try a takeover or force his hand though I do wonder if it will be back down to ?20m come the next set of accounts in Feb 2009 with all the transfer fees and such banked....by that I mean, where will they be banked? Hearts or UBIG?

Scottish football is all about the OF, but it's also a good way now to get into the CL and hope to hit the groups. Just knock one of the OF out of the top two and you have a chance. It's been done before with a good team and a good manager and could be done again, I'm sure potential investors would know this and coupled with the potential that has been realised in the Hearts support already by Romanov we are not where we were trying to remove Robinson and maybe if folk saw that they'd be more inclined to really run at Romanov as even if it doesn't make him change his ways it might spur on potential investors to make their play to remove the fecker from our club.

Francis Albert
Simply by the sheer embarrassment of it all you could quite categorically say that Romanov would do something about it.

Sorry but I have seen no evidence that Vlad is easily embarrassed.

jambos are go!

I've said on here before that when I went down to change my seat the computer screen sugggested that a substantial majority of seats were sold. Groups of seats down at the front were you get wet or in the Roseburn but elsewhere seemed pretty well full.

Drew Busby !
To help you understand - in what is a well presented post - the reason for the criticism from me is that actually, its not the Club you are supporting. it just isnt. Its as far removed from Hearts as MK Dons are from Wimbledon. It is a different insitution, run from top to bottom by no-one who has any true feeling for the club.

It is embarrasing to say you are a Hearts fan at the moment. And thats because it is an utterly indefensible enterprise

I agree. We wear maroon. We play at Tynecastle. But everything else is very very different and very very wrong. We've been "bodysnatched".

invasion-body-snatchers-one-sheet.png

At least the bloke at the front there has his pitchfork handy, we need about 10 to 15,000 of these oiled, sharpened and ready to wield ASAP.

It is embarrasing to say you are a Hearts fan at the moment.

Is it? Maybe embarrassing who our owner is. But embarrassed to be a Hearts fan? Never.

Sorry but I have seen no evidence that Vlad is easily embarrassed.

I'm not sure what you want here then? I am of course unable to produce a 10,000 page document detailing Romanov's internal thoughts, I can only merely speculate as to what he would do under certain circumstances based on other similar individuals in his type of business.

Sure he's madder than a basket of shaved kittens but does that mean we sit back and take the shaft? No. Does it mean those involved within UBIG and UKIO will cheerily watch him p*ss their money and that of the group up against Tynecastle's walls? No. Will they start getting a little bit more shakey if come August there are zero ST sales and zero merchandise sales? Yes.

So I can say with as much surety as I can muster that 9000 ST renewers bottled it and missed a major chance to get Romanov to sit up and take notice even if that notice would have been forced on him by others in UBIG while similarly you can say quite happily that NOTHING will change him.

And if you are correct and nothing will change him, then why are those 9000 ST renewers happy to give him money based on 3 seasons of ever increasing mediocrity and rising debt? :sad:

We_are_the_Hearts

All people had to do was refrain from buying Season Tickets to make a stance to the mad one. It DIDN'T MEAN MISSING ANY GAMES as you could still pay for each game. It may have cost a bit more but it could have meant seeing a team playing under a manager with better quality players. Now he has your money already then there is no need to up the ante. Is that too hard for some folk to see.

I am not sure I have seen anything rational by Vlad since he got to Hearts. Maybe other than the sale of Gordon or the re-signing of the likes of Jonsson.

I remember when the 'general group' on KB went past you on the Vlad Kicker-Sheep continuum and you posted about that. I feel like that now.

I don't think that there would be a rational business response to a reduction in custom.

All people had to do was refrain from buying Season Tickets to make a stance to the mad one. It DIDN'T MEAN MISSING ANY GAMES as you could still pay for each game. It may have cost a bit more but it could have meant seeing a team playing under a manager with better quality players. Now he has your money already then there is no need to up the ante. Is that too hard for some folk to see.

I see, so your idea of protesting, is to spend more money seeing Hearts - now that makes sense!!

Charlie-Brown

I think all this will subside once a manager is appointed and the team start playing competitive games again - at the end of the day we are football fans and just want to go see our team play, wear strips & scarves etc. sing some songs.

I think all this will subside once a manager is appointed and the team start playing competitive games again - at the end of the day we are football fans and just want to go see our team play, wear strips & scarves etc. sing some songs.

Yes, after each puppet has come in there has been a residual 'well this one will be given control, pick players to try to win the games etc' sort of sentiment.:mad:

Colonel Kurtz

Look at the way M@S reacted yesterday to a 5% quarter on quarter reduction yesterday.

We have lost in excess of 20% of our core revenue from last season..

I have been told we can have 7 seats together in the old stand,what does that tell you.

Romanov promised at The Aberdeen game ,when he made his token visit that he would be attending more games,he lied as usual and sold our top scorer.

His cretin of a son treated supporters with contempt at the AGM so it is hardly surprising that supporers will treat the Romanove with comtempt.

We_are_the_Hearts
I see, so your idea of protesting, is to spend more money seeing Hearts - now that makes sense!!

Would you mind paying a bit extra if it forced Vlad to invest in a manager and increase the quality of players? Surely it would be a case of 1 step back, 2 steps forward? No renewals would have sent out a STRONG message. The main argument I have seen is I have been a Hearts fan X amount of years, it's what I do. These people would have still been Hearts fans and still went to Tynie on a Saturday.

Thing is, it would be intersesting to know the breakdown of the 10K, I'm guessing less than 7K adults, 2.5K kids, and .5K cat B's.

Not that exciting.

winston churchill

sad to say,all our lot have renewed.

some have moved seats/stands but all 9 of us have fallen into line.

walton1983
10,000 season tickets a lie .

Very true because we have sold 11,500 seemingly.

Seemingly it's 15000 now and there is a waiting list;)

[mod edit]

I dont actually give a hoot what your underlying point was in amongst all that guff - there's a way to make a point and you just failed miserably.

Its the fans fault?

Its the renewers that are to blame?

Seriously get a grip of yourself. Untill you actually get off your backside and DO something about making it better rather than NOT do something cos it suits you not to - do not preach to me about what my ?400 is / isnt doing to this club.

I do assume that seeing as this team "isnt Hearts" - that you'll not be watching any live matches, highlights, or attending any sporadic "pay as you go" fixtures???

In fact, why are you even on here keeping up to date with things if we're "not hearts" anymore???

Will you also refuse to go to cup matches / semi's / finals on the unrealistic off chance we reach them??? I doubt it.

[mod edit]

Fxxx the SPFL
Fair play to the 3000 non-renewers then (of which I am one).

For those that have renewed, hang your head in shame. I hope you enjoy watching a megalomaniacs badly run corporate toy. I'll consider renewing (after going to Tynecastle for 25 years, btw), when the club is faintly identifiable as Hearts.

just on the board what a load of pish have watched hearts since 1962 so have seen mostly incompetant directors/owners erseholes and crap teams but I still support and get behind THE TEAM/PLAYERS whoever is in charge if you wish to campaign do it in other ways but sorry I am a Hearts supporter/season ticket holder and will always follow my team no matter who is in charge, some people need a reality check. I hate what vlad is doing but as many posters have stated what is the alternative. no white knoght waiting in the wings.

:mad:

We_are_the_Hearts
just on the board what a load of pish have watched hearts since 1962 so have seen mostly incompetant directors/owners erseholes and crap teams but I still support and get behind THE TEAM/PLAYERS whoever is in charge if you wish to campaign do it in other ways but sorry I am a Hearts supporter/season ticket holder and will always follow my team no matter who is in charge, some people need a reality check. I hate what vlad is doing but as many posters have stated what is the alternative. no white knoght waiting in the wings.

:mad:

JEEZ................You can still follow your team without buying a Season Ticket. Giving that pwick money up front will make HIM think he has our backing.

Didnt you say it would be a big issue if we hadnt a manager in place by 30 June?

You said something along those lines

You are to your word what Romanov is to his

You're forgetting that unless you blindly renew and give Romanov all your money up front then you must be a glory hunter :confused:

And not, more realistically, someone who will put the club before what's easiest for themselves.

Some people (not saying it's anyone on this thread before anyone gets hot under the collar) don't genuinely care about the Club as an ongoing concern with a future - they just want to do what they always do on a Saturday and aren't willing to give that up no matter what it means to Hearts in the long run.

Which is fair enough.

But you do get the feeling that for some posters if they'd gone to speedway or shopping on a Saturday as kids instead of Tynie, they'd be happy to do that now instead - it's just habit that's making them renew (and convenience), not a genuine affection and love for the club.

Archived