Celtic Rag having a go, (again), at us fans...!

Section Q

upgotheheads

Curious that a club which has been so successful in Scotland and has won the European Cup should still have supporters who are so insecure and lacking class.

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Celtic fans like to associate us with Rangers as to them it rationalises our dislike of them. What they fail to realise though, is that they are thoroughly detestable in their own right.

Many Celtic fans I know hate us more than they hate Rangers. They know what Rangers are but can't quite figure us out, that scares them!

Read it. It is more a dig at the club than fans and little is actually said about the fans.

Nevertheless, what an odd article to write. The author must have done it whilst waiting on his meth dealer arriving.

Edited by JJ93

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Read it. It is more a dig at the club than fans and little is actually said about the fans.

Nevertheless, what an odd article to write. The author must have done it whilst waiting on his meth dealer arriving.

About 4 years ago there was a guy wrote  a book about Celtic in which he made a lot about Celtic and the 1914/15 season. I think that was because hearts were getting a lot of publicity about the team that went to war, Jeremy Paxman did a piece from Tynecastle about it and was filmed in front of the old stand. The author of the book even said that Celtic players were more disadvantaged than Hearts players because some of them were in reserved occupations like mining, which was harder than doing overnight route marches like the Hearts players had to do.

There's no doubt that Celtic have a complex about it. Even though they've had so much success over the years they still resent the fact that they don't get the credit they think they deserve for winning the league that season.

They really are a bunch of greedy, over-entitled a....holes. 

Ricardo Shillyshally

The article got one part right. They are War Dodgers.

A phrase I fully intend on using frequently from now on.

7 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Like the whole of Ireland except its men who joined the British Army.

Doctor FinnBarr
8 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Including men from the 26 counties who chose to fight for Britain, not getting at you JJ93

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

12 hours ago, lost in space said:

The celtic fans who sing the terrorist songs are vile. In my view anybody who further voices their disgusting views should be looked on in the same way.

What did you think this thread was going to bring - enlightenment??  You are stoking up anger and disgust.

Happy now??

No mate you're doing that, and I thought the guy that wrote it was doing the same. Happy now??

7 hours ago, annushorribilis III said:

Celtic fans have  a problem with Hearts because of the perceived hatred that goes their way due to their IRA songbook. In the normal course of events it's all brushed under the carpet by the Glasgow media when it happens against Rangers as it's part of "the incredible atmosphere"" of an OF game.  Hearts fans call them out for what they are : scum.

I think the IRA thing helped them to  escalate their views and gave them a ""cause"" no doubt about that. Unfortunately we have a few dickheads that they use as a target for their bile and sh1te...!!

lost in space
19 minutes ago, Section Q said:

No mate you're doing that, and I thought the guy that wrote it was doing the same. Happy now??

The guy who wrote it would be a bigot. You are spreading that. I am calling you out for it. For you to reply saying "no mate you're doing that" is false, childish and makes no sense.

There is only one reason somebody would repeat the bile - shit stirring.

I know we are all bored but why don't you try doing something positive?

You are acting like a victim -which is the role of your source.

I actually feel sorry for you now.

jamboinglasgow

Celtic fans are weird. If you look at Celtics history since 1997-1998 season they have only had 3 seasons since (out of 22 seasons) where Celtic haven't won one trophy. So you have a 14% chance that the season will bring no silverware. You have won the last 8 league titles in a row, won the last 10 domestic trophies, seen your biggest rivals gone to the the bottom division (though came back) and they have not won a major domestic title since 2011. You have been in Europe reguarly, played against big teams in the champions league. Been to a Uefa cup final in that time. Seen players who have gone onto be big stars including the most expensive defender in the world.

So on football terms you have been the best time of your life. But all you care about is seeing yourself as some kind of victim because of some songs (despite the songs you sing.) Any Celtic fan under the age of 30 who claims they have followed their club in hardship should be laughed out of town. Celtic fans love to be the victimised minority, its the romantic position they sing about, write about and try to narrate their story as. But Celtic are the big majority and the bully. Their power of domination of football in Scotland both success and finance means they are the ones who dictate things. What they are is untenable in Scottish football, even with the other ugly twin in Rangers, Rangers are not the same power they were and fighting catch up with much less resources. Celtic have turned the league and cups into an noncompetitive mess but they just get lauded rather than the true implications looked at.

All I would say is, I would love to see Celtic fans still as passionate about their club if they became a lower half Premiership team, I imagine their passion would disappear and they would not write such nonsense as this article. 

I didn't think it was that bad and fairly complementary in parts.

End of the day it's a celtic fan writing about Hearts (agreed, a bit odd), he's hardly going to sing our praises.

Best ignored :thumbsup:

On 28/03/2020 at 13:56, Section Q said:

Forgive my perusal of such trivial rubbish, but the days are long for most of us at the moment.

It seems the press attacking our club isn't enough, and now our fans are under the cosh.... Try not to laugh...!!

https://thecelticstar.com/celtic-hearts-and-hearts-supporters-david-potter/

Celtic, Rangers and Hibs desperately want Hearts to be as sectarian as they are. The truth is that we have never adopted a sectarian policy and the Orange songs come from the few imbeciles in our support supplemented by a good number of Huns that take the opportunity to come and shout abuse at Celtic. 

From their love in with the IRA , to their control of the SFA . The media being controlled and scared to criticise anything negative about them . The sweep under the carpet of the sex abuse of their young players . Their disrespect to our war dead , our Royal family and anything else they can hate the UK for ( whilst accepting benefits, rent payments, NHS , etc ) . 
The favours referees give them , ( then scream when euro refs do their job properly) 

Their fans abusing ball boys, catering outlets , stewards etc . 
Hate them ? Yes ! 

Hectormasson
18 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Many Celtic fans I know hate us more than they hate Rangers. They know what Rangers are but can't quite figure us out, that scares them!

Good!

Hectormasson
16 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

About 4 years ago there was a guy wrote  a book about Celtic in which he made a lot about Celtic and the 1914/15 season. I think that was because hearts were getting a lot of publicity about the team that went to war, Jeremy Paxman did a piece from Tynecastle about it and was filmed in front of the old stand. The author of the book even said that Celtic players were more disadvantaged than Hearts players because some of them were in reserved occupations like mining, which was harder than doing overnight route marches like the Hearts players had to do.

There's no doubt that Celtic have a complex about it. Even though they've had so much success over the years they still resent the fact that they don't get the credit they think they deserve for winning the league that season.

They really are a bunch of greedy, over-entitled a....holes. 

Green&white 💩💩💩

Jingle Bells
15 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Those Irishmen from the south whom enlisted for WW1, got treated abysmally post 1921, including being banned from taking jobs in the Southern Irish Civil Service..

Hectormasson
On 28/03/2020 at 19:21, allystrachan said:

How can someone take the time to research that information and write it all just to claim hearts fans are bigots who hate Celtic. 

if anyone is full of hate it’s the author. 

ps. War dodgers! 

Aka soap Dodgers!🤡💩

Paint the town maroon

First time I have read it. Wow just wow. Just shows you what happens when idiots have down time to enable them to write this rubbish.

its difficult to think of a club I dislike anymore (that point is true) but Glasgow Rangers are equal first. Hibs are just laughable.

31 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Those Irishmen from the south whom enlisted for WW1, got treated abysmally post 1921, including being banned from taking jobs in the Southern Irish Civil Service..

Really? That is awful.

queensferryjambo

I like how when he finishes the article - 'But, oh how they hate Celtic!'

I can only presume when talking about other teams fans he finishes every article with the same line!

Jingle Bells
1 hour ago, JJ93 said:

Really? That is awful.

Many returning Irish soldiers were socially ostracised or murdered by the IRA, as well ,which was harsh considering a number probably enlisted to escape economic  poverty.. 

To add some balance,, it has to be said the British Government acted abysmally ,as well, allowing the activities of the Black and Tans to go unchecked.

19 hours ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

Well maybe don't. There's no evidence that Celtic fans failed to enlist in two world wars and it is offensive to the memory of those who perished to use such a phrase.

I don't know how old you are but I have had an easy life, never been called on to put my life on the line. Plenty Celtic fans lost their lives so that we could be free, and probably more were targeted by bombings in WW2 (Clydeside suffered more than the East coast).

Maybe in present circumstances we could stop looking for excuses to hate people? Just a thought.