Jump to content
Paisley Jambo

Levein’s Credibility

Recommended Posts

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, graygo said:

 

I've asked the other poster to tell me what he does. All I know is that he has no interaction with the first team. He is entitled to his salary while still employed by the club, he has agreed to take a 50% cut in that salary. Hardly a disgrace.

 

Just what can he do with the medical dept while there are no players, and sharing a DoF role with Austin is hardly going to break sweat with no deals being done. Yes he is entitled to his wages, but he should have been shown the door for gross mismanagement of the team during his tenure. As someone above said he has been well paid, taking a directors wage and dof wage and managers wage. No one has ever stated he has foregone any of the aforementioned at any time so I can safely assume his 50% wedge is still a huge bulging wallet.

 

So a PHM man eh? Stendel has been in the door two minutes and is not taking a wage so why should Levein get a free pass for doing the huge sum of feck all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado

Yup just want him to **** off. The damage he has caused is incredible.

 

The man has no shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Look, Levein obviously made mistakes. He'll soon be away from the club. Let's just look forward rather than spending our entire time bitterly blaming him. Probably better also to compartmentalise and treat his playing days separately from his management days (in fact, it's probably better to separate both management periods too).

 

Does anyone actually believe he intentionally put us on the slippery slope? It was merely incompetence, sadly. Folk feck up in life. We have to move forward.

 

 

Agree with this.

 

Still wanting to hear how he profits from events and the Bar 1874 though, should be a cracker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Look, Levein obviously made mistakes. He'll soon be away from the club. Let's just look forward rather than spending our entire time bitterly blaming him. Probably better also to compartmentalise and treat his playing days separately from his management days (in fact, it's probably better to separate both management periods too).

 

Does anyone actually believe he intentionally put us on the slippery slope? It was merely incompetence, sadly. Folk feck up in life. We have to move forward.

 


Forward moves would have been made by now if he had the dignity to a, resign a year ago when it was obvious how badly he was failing in his job or b, walked away when relieved of his duties as manager and director of football.  
 

This guy isn’t meant to be some random who was at the club a few years, he’s meant to be a club legend who loves the club.  What is clear is Levein loves Levein does what is best for him and him only.  His legacy is tarnished and hate or anger has actually turned from that to he’s a bit of a joke figure now. 
 

He’s no credibility as a former manager, player or supporter.  

Edited by Last Laff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts1975
1 hour ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

 

Have you honestly never heard of this happening? It is constantly spoken about whenever a big-name manager gets emptied. 

Heard of it happening 

It Was having to prove there were grounds for GM in order to get out the contract I was unsure of 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ex member of the SaS
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Look, Levein obviously made mistakes. He'll soon be away from the club. Let's just look forward rather than spending our entire time bitterly blaming him. Probably better also to compartmentalise and treat his playing days separately from his management days (in fact, it's probably better to separate both management periods too).

 

Does anyone actually believe he intentionally put us on the slippery slope? It was merely incompetence, sadly. Folk feck up in life. We have to move forward.

 

The forum is for people to while away the hours making comments about all and sundry. IF you don't want to contribute or think we should just forget about how we ended up in this mess ( pre Covid 19 ) then fine bury your head and move on. Some of us have followed and put in large sums of hard earned cash simply to watch this charlatan spunk it up against a wall and many of us will never forgive or forget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Djnoisy

Why has he taken a 50% pay cut when his contact is up in May? What is he actually doing at Hearts that requires him to stay on?? JUST LEAVE! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Last Laff said:


Forward moves would have been made by now if he had the dignity to a, resign a year ago when it was obvious how badly he was failing in his job or b, walked away when relieved of his duties as manager and director of football.  
 

This guy isn’t meant to be some random who was at the club a few years, he’s meant to be a club legend who loves the club.  What is clear is Levein loves Levein does what is best for him and him only.  His legacy is tarnished and hate or anger has actually turned from that to he’s a bit of a joke figure now. 
 

He’s no credibility as a former manager, player or supporter.  

 

Yes, he most definitely should have resigned or he should have been asked to leave the club immediately, but you say he has no credibility as a former player (or even for his first management stint)? I disagree.

 

Edited by redjambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
46 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:


We have asked our players to take a pay cut and this **** still hangs around with his Irish mate, burning our cash on salaries while he “revamps” our medical department. 
 

it’s very relevant 



Do you know for sure he is still taking a salary? Nah didn’t think so. Not everything is made public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

 

Yes, he most definitely should have resigned or he should have been asked to leave the club immediately, but you say he has no credibility as a former player (or even for his first management stint)? I disagree.

 


This, will always have credibility as a player - fact! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood

I’ve been very critical of Levein but this thread.

:facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
4 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:



Do you know for sure he is still taking a salary? Nah didn’t think so. Not everything is made public.

If he is doing all that important work in the background for free I’ll be very impressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
Just now, GinRummy said:

If he is doing all that important work in the background for free I’ll be very impressed. 


He’s doing nowt just now, like the rest of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:


He’s doing nowt just now, like the rest of them.

 

Laying aside everything else we're discussing in this thread, do you sincerely believe that football directors up and down the country are sitting there twiddling their thumbs just because the players aren't playing at the moment?

Edited by redjambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

Fancy explaining that one.

Did you miss the fact that he’s one of the directors of the company that run these ventures? Dave the Mod found the documents online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
8 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:


He’s doing nowt just now, like the rest of them.

What exactly has he been doing since his re-positioning within the club?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did you miss the fact that he’s one of the directors of the company that run these ventures? Dave the Mod found the documents online.

 

Did you miss the fact that it is a dormant company that has never had any turnover?

Better than that did you miss the fact that he resigned from it last October?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood

Tick tock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
Just now, graygo said:

 

Did you miss the fact that it is a dormant company that has never had any turnover?

Better than that did you miss the fact that he resigned from it last October?

That’s not what Dave said but if he was mistaken then you’re right 👍🏽. Got a link?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
17 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:



Do you know for sure he is still taking a salary? Nah didn’t think so. Not everything is made public.


Well it’s been announced he’s on half pay so unless that’s half of zero then aye, he is :lol: still excuses trying to be made for the leach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
18 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:


This, will always have credibility as a player - fact! 


All that stuff he won as a player.  Elvis is more of a legend than Levein by miles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:


All that stuff he won as a player.  Elvis is more of a legend than Levein by miles. 

 

So how good a player is, and how much he contributes to the team, purely depends on how many trophies he wins.

 

I must admit that it would probably be nicer to view the world in such black and white terms. A much simpler world it certainly would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meadows

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you ....... 

 

( if you know, you know ) 

 

 

sums  up CL’s management. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Father Tiresias

It absolutely makes my blood boil that Levein is still receiving a wage from the club.  Has he no self respect and should he be flung out of the Hearts Hall of Fame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianajones

He's a disgrace to himself, the club and the fans.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

 

There you go. 

Good stuff, hope he didn’t waste the profits he made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, Last Laff said:


All that stuff he won as a player.  Elvis is more of a legend than Levein by miles. 

You just took that to another level 🙈, both legends as players with us and we should leave it there 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
2 hours ago, graygo said:

 

The other side of the coin is that he wants to stay because he takes responsibility for how things have turned out.

 

😍 Doing what exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo
1 hour ago, graygo said:

 

Agree with this.

 

Still wanting to hear how he profits from events and the Bar 1874 though, should be a cracker.

I’m sure iirc, he along with AB set up a new independent company to run the 1874 bar and and any supplementary events outwith match days. It’s run independently from HMFC hospitality. There will be a reason we hosted the concert last year as a pilot for future events.  If everything holds up then this won’t be the only time the stadium is used for such events. I may be wrong but I’m sure CL has resigned as a director of the events company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
portobellojambo1
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’m sure iirc, he along with AB set up a new independent company to run the 1874 bar and and any supplementary events outwith match days. It’s run independently from HMFC hospitality. There will be a reason we hosted the concert last year as a pilot for future events.  If everything holds up then this won’t be the only time the stadium is used for such events. I may be wrong but I’m sure CL has resigned as a director of the events company. 

 

The name of the company was Tynecastle Events Limited, and Craig Levein was a director along with Ann Budge and Eric Hogg. The business was created in October 2015 but now has only 2 remaining directors. At the end of October 2019 CL was removed as a director. The major shareholder in the company is Heart of Midlothian plc, with a holding in excess of 75%.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nelly Terraces
4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

After his playing career he lost the legend status when he ran away down south. The man is a leech and should have the decency to do the right thing and walk. He caused this ( although Budge has to take some of the blame, but maybe gets a pass due to not knowing football and putting all her eggs in one basket ) His waste of money from the first minute of taking control and dumping the Championship winning team. A team that would have been the back bone of a progressive team, building for the top of the Premiership. A team that only needed a tweek here and there to gradually improve the team season on season. But NO he dumped every one of them in a very off handed fashion.

It's the love in for him that sickens me, as you and many others can't see the REAL damage he has done to this club since the glory days of winning the hardest Championship EVER !

I honestly can't think of a single person in the real world who has a good word to say about Levein. He's a pariah amongst everyone I know who supports Hearts. A tiny handful of saddos on the windup here speak for virtually nobody.

 

Good point on the Championship side, literally started tearing it up before the Champagne had time to warm. It was a catastrophic error. I thought the haste to get rid of Adam Eckersley & James Keatings in particular left a bad taste in my mouth, I know Eckers had a bad injury but we should have stuck by the lad. I think both were treated badly. 

 

Levein better have enough money to retire or skills to find different future employment as I think he's quite rightly finished in football. The bloke is toxic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
graygo
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good stuff, hope he didn’t waste the profits he made.

 

There were no profits, it has never traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo
5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

 

The name of the company was Tynecastle Events Limited, and Craig Levein was a director along with Ann Budge and Eric Hogg. The business was created in October 2015 but now has only 2 remaining directors. At the end of October 2019 CL was removed as a director. The major shareholder in the company is Heart of Midlothian plc, with a holding in excess of 75%.

Happy to be corrected PJ. I remember it was set up but I don’t think there was anything malicious in the way it was done. That should allay all the fears of paranoia on JKB and end the rumours once and for all. One third of 25% with a decent return is not to be sniffed at though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, graygo said:

 

 

There you go. 

It says active, how are they not trading and where did the profits from the concert and the pub go? Why would you set up a company and not trade? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

 

The name of the company was Tynecastle Events Limited, and Craig Levein was a director along with Ann Budge and Eric Hogg. The business was created in October 2015 but now has only 2 remaining directors. At the end of October 2019 CL was removed as a director. The major shareholder in the company is Heart of Midlothian plc, with a holding in excess of 75%.

Did it make profits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I honestly can't think of a single person in the real world who has a good word to say about Levein. He's a pariah amongst everyone I know who supports Hearts. A tiny handful of saddos on the windup here speak for virtually nobody.

 

Good point on the Championship side, literally started tearing it up before the Champagne had time to warm. It was a catastrophic error. I thought the haste to get rid of Adam Eckersley & James Keatings in particular left a bad taste in my mouth, I know Eckers had a bad injury but we should have stuck by the lad. I think both were treated badly. 

 

Levein better have enough money to retire or skills to find different future employment as I think he's quite rightly finished in football. The bloke is toxic. 

Absolutely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
portobellojambo1
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Happy to be corrected PJ. I remember it was set up but I don’t think there was anything malicious in the way it was done. That should allay all the fears of paranoia on JKB and end the rumours once and for all. One third of 25% with a decent return is not to be sniffed at though. 

 

Although there were three directors of the company at one point none of them held any share in the company as individuals. The company has been dormant for a number of years and when set up it was done so with only 1 share, and as HMFC plc were the major shareholder, holding in excess of 75% that does by definition mean the only share in the business was held by the club.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Randy Marsh
8 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

I honestly can't think of a single person in the real world who has a good word to say about Levein. He's a pariah amongst everyone I know who supports Hearts. A tiny handful of saddos on the windup here speak for virtually nobody.

 

Good point on the Championship side, literally started tearing it up before the Champagne had time to warm. It was a catastrophic error. I thought the haste to get rid of Adam Eckersley & James Keatings in particular left a bad taste in my mouth, I know Eckers had a bad injury but we should have stuck by the lad. I think both were treated badly. 

 

Levein better have enough money to retire or skills to find different future employment as I think he's quite rightly finished in football. The bloke is toxic. 

Indeed.  It's gutting that Ann Budge never turned to Jim Jeffries back in 2014 instead.  He was the perfect man for the role.  We would be thriving right now had she done so.  JJ is a top bloke and and an actual Hearts legend.  Levein on the other hand is a serial loser, with a huge ego and holds grudges against people.  Big mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
John mcCartney
2 hours ago, graygo said:

 

 

Would I give up a wedge so that I might get some respect from Ex member of the SaS and friends? Would I hell.

 




Birds of a feather and all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saughton Jambo
4 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

 

Although there were three directors of the company at one point none of them held any share in the company as individuals. The company has been dormant for a number of years and when set up it was done so with only 1 share, and as HMFC plc were the major shareholder, holding in excess of 75% that does by definition mean the only share in the business was held by the club.

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OTT

What credibility?

 

The man's inability to run a professional outfit led to our relegation barring intervention from a global pandemic causing an international shut down. 

 

He hired jobs for the boys, surrounded himself with inexperienced yes men. 

His scouting/ player turnover was so bad people are genuinely asking if he was getting paid to take some of the players. 

Despite being assured by Budge that 'Craig will know himself when he needs to walk away' it just about took a crowbar to get him out the ****ing office. 

 

Now he continues to take a wage despite A.) Not being wanted, B.) No longer contributing in any meaningful way.

 

What ****ing credibility? An absolute charlatan who has set the footballing department back years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mitch41

Levein has lost all credibility not only with the Hearts support but with most of Scottish football.

Craig Levein should of done the honourable thing and walked away from Hearts after the Cathro 

disaster and never of taken the managers job. Levein had always said he never wanted the managers 

job and yet he accepted the position and the reason I believe was CONTROL. After Ann Budge had 

stated that the next manager had to be an experienced manager Levein knew he’d lose the control 

he had enjoyed over Neilson and Cathro. Yes Levein managed to pull the wool over Ann Budges eyes 

for far too long but in no time at all the fans found him to be out of his depth. He has ended up being 

a despised figure around Tynecastle and Riccarton these days which is a sad situation that he has 

caused himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diadora Van Basten
Posted (edited)

Hopefully his contract has a similar clause as the players so we can get him of the payroll.

 

Says it all that Stendall has declined to take a wage whilst MacPhee and Levein want their full pay.

 

edit: just read Levein has taken a 50% cut.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
2 hours ago, graygo said:

 

Agree with this.

 

Still wanting to hear how he profits from events and the Bar 1874 though, should be a cracker.

 

He won't because he is not a Director of the Company that own it now and I doubt very much if it will make any profit not just because of the current situation with Covid 19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gordon Ramsay
36 minutes ago, OTT said:

What credibility?

 

The man's inability to run a professional outfit led to our relegation barring intervention from a global pandemic causing an international shut down. 

 

He hired jobs for the boys, surrounded himself with inexperienced yes men. 

His scouting/ player turnover was so bad people are genuinely asking if he was getting paid to take some of the players. 

Despite being assured by Budge that 'Craig will know himself when he needs to walk away' it just about took a crowbar to get him out the ****ing office. 

 

Now he continues to take a wage despite A.) Not being wanted, B.) No longer contributing in any meaningful way.

 

What ****ing credibility? An absolute charlatan who has set the footballing department back years. 

 

Spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yoda
1 hour ago, OTT said:

What credibility?

 

The man's inability to run a professional outfit led to our relegation barring intervention from a global pandemic causing an international shut down. 

 

He hired jobs for the boys, surrounded himself with inexperienced yes men. 

His scouting/ player turnover was so bad people are genuinely asking if he was getting paid to take some of the players. 

Despite being assured by Budge that 'Craig will know himself when he needs to walk away' it just about took a crowbar to get him out the ****ing office. 

 

Now he continues to take a wage despite A.) Not being wanted, B.) No longer contributing in any meaningful way.

 

What ****ing credibility? An absolute charlatan who has set the footballing department back years. 

100% spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...