BERRA

Mick Arthur

Niemi’s gloves
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ofc it was. 

Dropping him would have  made sense. 

Punting 1 of 4 central defenders, our only left sided one who was the best in the air on loan was puzzling at best, even more so giving the injury history of the three of them. 

Punting Berra and Whelan looked a bit as if DS was wanting to assert his authority rather than a well thought out move. Not necessarily wrong, but as it has turned out, both seem to have had a significant positive impact at their new clubs. So slightly a case of it coming back to bite him.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Suso Santana

• GinRummy

• Niemi’s gloves

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Punting Berra and Whelan looked a bit as if DS was wanting to assert his authority rather than a well thought out move. Not necessarily wrong, but as it has turned out, both seem to have had a significant positive impact at their new clubs. So slightly a case of it coming back to bite him.

both were utter shite for us

Suso Santana
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Don't talk shite, Berra and Whelan are both in diddy leagues now. 

The fact that Levein signed Whelan and Damour as his last 2 signings says it all. Utter clueless desperation. 

Mr Elwood P
19 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Halkett chasing back for their goal last night.

****** embarrassing tbh

Dikamona and Zlamal didn’t do much better. The goals we’ve given away this season are beyond a joke.

Suso Santana
10 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Halkett dodgy playing a high line. No pace

Who in our team has pace? 

That's another massive **** up by levein. 

Niemi’s gloves
23 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Don't talk shite, Berra and Whelan are both in diddy leagues now. 

The fact that Levein signed Whelan and Damour as his last 2 signings says it all. Utter clueless desperation. 

Really? Berra is in the league we may well be in next season. As for Whelan, well Fleetwood may be a diddy club but they’ve won 6 and drawn 5 in the 11 games he played for them including away draws at Sunderland and Portsmouth and an away win at Ipswich. 

Suso Santana

Really? Berra is in the league we may well be in next season. As for Whelan, well Fleetwood may be a diddy club but they’ve won 6 and drawn 5 in the 11 games he played for them including away draws at Sunderland and Portsmouth and an away win at Ipswich. 

I can see that you have high standards for our club. 

Seriously, beat it. 

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, Suso Santana said:

I can see that you have high standards for our club. 

Seriously, beat it. 

I want our club to be the best it can be. 
Seriously, grow up.

Suso Santana

I want our club to be the best it can be. 
Seriously, grow up.

Just out of interest, what do you think the best we can be is?

Mr Elwood P
29 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Mulraney ... 

Suso Santana
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Mulraney ... 

He was rapid to be fair and it's the only reason he got a move. 

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

OP - read the above ya dobber.

Correct.

OP started this for a reason, the reason being to get a reaction.

If you say his username slow enough...

I’ll leave it there.

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Just out of interest, what do you think the best we can be is?

I’ve been watching Hearts for over 50 years and I can honestly say that I’m delighted to have seen us win three Scottish Cup finals. We’ve also gone very close to winning the League twice (1965 and 1986). Sadly I think it’s unlikely that anyone outside the OF will win the league in the foreseeable future but 2nd, 3rd, 4th all possible. But it takes time and sometimes patience that a lot of fans seem to lack.

Mr Elwood P
8 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

He was rapid to be fair and it's the only reason he got a move. 

That's my problem with Stendel. Cleared out the experience (Wheland / Berra), the power (Uche) and the pace (Mulraney). Replaced it with absolutely nothing at all. Even one half decent signing out of three would have given us a lift. Wasted ages playing Clare at right back and dropped a few points by persevering with Pereira. Disaster!

Suso Santana
1 minute ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I’ve been watching Hearts for over 50 years and I can honestly say that I’m delighted to have seen us win three Scottish Cup finals. We’ve also gone very close to winning the League twice (1965 and 1986). Sadly I think it’s unlikely that anyone outside the OF will win the league in the foreseeable future but 2nd, 3rd, 4th all possible. But it takes time and sometimes patience that a lot of fans seem to lack.

Mate, we got to start all over again, zero debt, fans plowing their money into the club and the Foh. We pissed the championship, we were miles a head of the new Rangers and Hibs. wtf has happened!!?? 

The people that think we should just be where we were 30 years ago get right on my goat. 

We should be challenging for 3rd place every year, europe, the lot. but naw, 

The mentality of some people on here.. 

Go support Raith Rovers if you love being shit. (not aimed at you)

5 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Mate, we got to start all over again, zero debt, fans plowing their money into the club and the Foh. We pissed the championship, we were miles a head of the new Rangers and Hibs. wtf has happened!!?? 

The people that think we should just be where we were 30 years ago get right on my goat. 

We should be challenging for 3rd place every year, europe, the lot. but naw, 

The mentality of some people on here.. 

Go support Raith Rovers if you love being shit. (not aimed at you)

That's a new one! Normally its go and support Celtic or Rangers if you want to win!

East Lothian Jambo
57 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Clare is reasonably quick. Moore has energy and can get about the place. Washington ran Hibs defence ragged last Tuesday night

For me it's not a great idea to employ tactics that the team cant implement properly. Halkett looked assured in a Livingston back three last season. What Stendel is asking him and Dikamona to do isn't playing to either of their strengths 

Looks to me that we are going to due in no small part to a fundamental change in tactical approach half way through a season and we haven't got the players to do it. Play to strengths of players, if that means grinding out a draw then so be it. Move on  to the next game.  I never saw Halkett caught like saturday or last night when he was in a solid 3 at Livingston where they all knew their jobs and their limitations 

Maybe not all bad though.  Just had a look at Bet365 and they are offering 2/1 on Hearts to finish bottom with Hamilton favourites at 6/5. Maybe the Bookmakers know something we don't!

East Lothian Jambo
16 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That's my problem with Stendel. Cleared out the experience (Wheland / Berra), the power (Uche) and the pace (Mulraney). Replaced it with absolutely nothing at all. Even one half decent signing out of three would have given us a lift. Wasted ages playing Clare at right back and dropped a few points by persevering with Pereira. Disaster!

Uche and Mulraney are never footballers mate. Whelan was murder 

3 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Said on the match thread last night, much as he is too slow to be of any use in defence now we don't half miss his threat at corners.

How many goals did he score for us compared to Halkett?

I know Halkett has cost us a couple of goals however Berra sold a lot more as well as scoring a few own goals.

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I agree with that as well tbh. 

Although with Souttar injured  he could be useful now. 

Punting him on loan had no benefit to us at all tbh. 

The decision to go out on loan was made by Berra. I reckon there is more to it than Stendel just not fancying him. Maybe a bit too Leveiny to have around the squad. 

East Lothian Jambo
12 minutes ago, graygo said:

The decision to go out on loan was made by Berra. I reckon there is more to it than Stendel just not fancying him. Maybe a bit too Leveiny to have around the squad. 

Berra's relationship with Levein was strained latterly. There was an issue at Perth in Levein's final game. Daly was also a factor

Berra's form was terrible for a lengthy period.  Unfortunately Stendel is looking for Dikamona and Halkett to do something they aren't comfortable in doing 

1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

That's a new one! Normally its go and support Celtic or Rangers if you want to win!

And you would know that being a Barnsley fan with no attachment to Scottish football aye?  :lol: 

12 hours ago, Mick Arthur said:

If we were to get through to the play-off final against Dundee . . . would Berra be allowed to play ?  Dundee have not lost a goal and are unbeaten since Berra joined them.

In The Championship!

The crux of the matter is that Berra’s FORM wasn’t good.Was he really suddenly a bad player? Looks like the answer to that is in Dundee’s recent upturn. Are the lower end Premiership players that much better than the top end Championship players? History suggests not.

Said at the time I did not disagree with dropping him but we should not have released him. Berra and Souttar remain the best CH pairing we have on our books. We’re now stuck with a bombscare and a guy who runs on treacle. 
As for Whelan, I was lucky enough to have a couple of players as a captive audience last week and told them the rumours on here about the two day training regime, turn up when we have games, don’t do media work etc.

Both said that was utter nonsense and that Whelan was a great pro who was in every day. One said he found it strange, but the Gaffer seemed to blank him straight away. Despite his short stint here, Whelan gained the second most votes (running total taken per game) in our club POTY so he couldn’t have been that bad. He’s a million times the player that Damour is.

I’ll take my hat off to him if he keeps us up but the above post ripping Stendel is if not where I’m at, it’s where I’m fast approaching.

9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Ok, they’ve not conceded a goal in their last 450 mins of football. When did we last  do that?

You'd probably have to go as far back as when levein first took over from cathro. In that time berra has played a lot of games and shipped a lot of goals.

6 hours ago, Last Laff said:

And you would know that being a Barnsley fan with no attachment to Scottish football aye?  :lol: 

I've never heard of telling someone to support a lower team than theirs no! Weird people you Scots!

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Will be back in summer imo, Stendel will leave.. berra will be back and captain us to the championship title with robbo in charge..

I can see this happening right now, how people adjust their expectations eh?  Gutted this week, properly sunk in for me at FT in Paisley.  

Robbo-Jambo
18 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Dikamona and Zlamal didn’t do much better. The goals we’ve given away this season are beyond a joke.

Certainly are.

Schoolboy defending has been the main factor in our current predicament.

Ainsley Harriott
19 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Should never have been allowed to leave

Why he was absolutely garbage 

Did Whelan do any media duties or not during his time here? If he did then it suggests that the other stuff may not be true either. If however he didnt?

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Why he was absolutely garbage 

Mental eh? Was costing us goals on a weekly basis and folk want him back. Same with injured players, out fro a couple of months and everyone forgets how utterly shite they were.  

1 minute ago, Redhelen said:

Did Whelan do any media duties or not during his time here? If he did then it suggests that the other stuff may not be true either. If however he didnt?

He didn’t. 

18 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The power and the pace, Uche and Mulraney 😂😂😂. Ffs stop. Whelan?!? Jesus man. 

8 minutes ago, Redhelen said:

Peter Crouch's autobiography seems to imply that Whelan is a total nutcase

21 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Should never have been allowed to leave

Was his choice was it not?

Stendel wanted to drop him. Berra threw the toys oot the pram and said he'd train with the reserves instead.

Pretty sure Stendel would've kept Berra in the squad if he hadn't acted a dick. Remember the video of Stendel being introduced to the squad? Berra sat on his arse lacking any interest, probably daydreaming of Levein telling him to play the long diagonal punt...

24 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Peter Crouch's autobiography seems to imply that Whelan is a total nutcase

Not read it. In what way a nutcase?

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Mental eh? Was costing us goals on a weekly basis and folk want him back. Same with injured players, out fro a couple of months and everyone forgets how utterly shite they were.  

Folk on here have really short selective memories

Clerry Jambo
1 hour ago, kila said:

Was his choice was it not?

Stendel wanted to drop him. Berra threw the toys oot the pram and said he'd train with the reserves instead.

Pretty sure Stendel would've kept Berra in the squad if he hadn't acted a dick. Remember the video of Stendel being introduced to the squad? Berra sat on his arse lacking any interest, probably daydreaming of Levein telling him to play the long diagonal punt...

If that’s true then fair enough. My point being we didn’t have a great deal of cover in that area. Yes he was playing poorly but may have played through it. We’re not exactly rock solid now are we

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

If that’s true then fair enough. My point being we didn’t have a great deal of cover in that area. Yes he was playing poorly but may have played through it. We’re not exactly rock solid now are we

We’ve lost 3 goals in 4 games against rangers, hibs Motherwell and st mirren but regardless, we do look very vulnerable aye.

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Yeah Berra was OK in a back three, though he scored goals for the opposition a few times and looked like he had lost his spark since injury. A lot like Souttar...

Really wish the club had gone for Jimmy Dunne in January. He was available given his fallout at Fleetwood Town.

1 hour ago, Redhelen said:

Not read it. In what way a nutcase?

He just alludes to it in a couple of his stories mentioning teammates at Stoke

4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

He just alludes to it in a couple of his stories mentioning teammates at Stoke

Thanks for the reply.  I might give it a read sometime. 

Edited by Redhelen

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Haha I had to laugh at this. If you stuck them all in a melting pot, you couldn’t make one decent player between them. Have given nothing to Hearts. Just Uche to punt now! 

24 minutes ago, kila said:

Yeah Berra was OK in a back three, though he scored goals for the opposition a few times and looked like he had lost his spark since injury. A lot like Souttar...

Really wish the club had gone for Jimmy Dunne in January. He was available given his fallout at Fleetwood Town.

Yeh I liked JD. I think he’d blossom under DS. Very surprised his career seems to be on the decline 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He did take that a bit far. 

Mr Elwood P
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

You don’t think Uche is strong, Mulraney is fast and Whelan is experienced? Ok man.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

You don’t think Uche is strong, Mulraney is fast and Whelan is experienced? Ok man.

Sounds like the makings of a fantastic side. Get the old gang back together and all that.