Section Q

Holiday/flight cancellations and refunds ( title updated )

The Spy Who Loved Me
43 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Depends on individual circumstances. If I go away and have to quarantine when back then I'm fine with that.

10 minutes ago, Smack said:

I'm not sure I understand the mentality that it's fine to travel around the UK but crossing a border is out of the question. There's plenty of places where the virus is effectively being controlled, and the chances of catching the virus are at worst the same as the UK. 

It's more likely in the coming weeks that people from the UK will struggle to get into these places. 

The relaxed approach the UK has to people importing or even exporting the virus is bizarre. Edinburgh Airport has non compulsory temperature screening, you can say no. I've not spotted a thermometer wielder anyway. You're in and out, no checks.

Compare that to Greece, where you complete a passenger locator form which has all your contact details, including the address you'll be staying at. If someone on your flight tests positive you will be contacted. An algorithm checks your details and targets tests towards higher risk people, i.e if you've travelled from an area within your country which is a 'hotspot'. It's not much hassle and seems very sensible. 

Sounds sensible.

Personally, blanket quarantines are annoying, but we have to accept they’re the only way to avoid people slipping through the cracks (and even then, some will) barring devoting significant resources to testing everyone in arrival and having facilities for them to wait.     

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Yesterday I was speaking to my son who lives in Amsterdam and we were discussing the possibility of  him bringing the grandkids over.

Just shows how things can change in in just a few hours.

He'll get over soon. 

It should be other countries that are more concerned about UK visitors. 

willie wallace
7 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

He'll get over soon. 

It should be other countries that are more concerned about UK visitors. 

We could go there.Just can't come back😃

Samuel Camazzola
13 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

We could go there.Just can't come back😃

You could come back if you follow the same process as a Celtic fullback.

Some of the rulings are crazy. Balearics and Canaries on the list despite being safer environments than here.