Daniel Stendel - fraud

Last Laff

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think you are letting yourself down in your opening sentence when you say that what happened under the previous football management is irrelevant. Under the previous management, the vast majority of the players still involved were signed by them. Having signed them the previous management were then unable to get them functioning as a team, against oposition such as Hamilton (the team you quote above). The present manager has got us playing a different style, and when it works it is very good to watch. But it tends to be working against teams who actually look to come at us. Many of the same players continue to struggle against the same teams they struggled against under the previous management, a previous management who had years to try and get it right but fecked up big style. Now, three months into his reign, I'm reading things about the present manager getting the boot if he doesn't keep us up. I desperately want us to stay up, I think that is just a natural, common response to the situation we find ourselves in. I don't think we are down yet and there is time to achieve what is required. If it is taken, as is often said by some, that financially we should have assembled a squad capable of keeping us in the top division, then again the fact it can't is down to the previous management who assembled that squad and appear to have misused finances available to them. If it is a taken that we have players who, on paper, look better than the squads assembled by the teams who we are competing against to stay up then it is time for those players to stand up and be counted and instead of only looking good on paper starting producing the goods on the park. Once we have a team on the park that Stendel classes as the team he wants to have on the park and are playing in the way he wants them to play if it continues to fail then is the time to question him.

Post of the year PJ nailed it. 

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• Bongo 1874

• Ethan Hunt

• dustybin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Hogfather

Amazing how Daniel Stendel is getting called a fraud for not getting a tune out of a group of players who've been letting us down for 18 months or so.

Kickback at it's knee jerk and irrational finest.

11 hours ago, ford donald said:

Ann can turn this around? Are you having a laugh,she has had a 5 year plan ffs,total failure in my book.

Agree with you on some of that, what she can do to redeem herself is get rid of Levein, Macphee, Fox, and anyone else that is apart of this vicious negative circle. 

Bring in Alan Burrows to help her out on the football side of things. 

She can turn this around, and i understand she has made a lot of mistakes, she has angered me at times as well mate. 

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Amazing how Daniel Stendel is getting called a fraud for not getting a tune out of a group of players who've been letting us down for 18 months or so.

Thankfully we kept a couple of managerial candidates on hand and ‘in the building’ in case of emergencies. Some forward planning at least. 

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Honestly mate, it's beyond belief i could honestly just break down about this all and give up. 

But i love this club to much to give up on it, to think how much we as fans pump into this club, and what we have had in return regarding players brought in etc. 

But still people want to lay all the blame on Daniel Stendel's door. 

Anyway this was Daniel Stendel going about the town, on his bike after we had beat Hibs delighted with himself 😂

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2577570292522890&id=100008098338301

Ex member of the SaS

Levein was given so much slack yet Stendel is castigated for trying to get players to change style and forget the old manager is still floating around?

There have been some huge mistakes made, Levein staying after the cup, levein staying ( long after Budge claimed he would know when to go ) Levein signing well over 100 players since promotion. Budge dithering over getting rid and then dithering over who to get.

Levein lovers are gagging for him to be reinstated and I suspect this is the reason for the Stendel out type posts.

IF Stendel was to get the same amount of lee way Levein got, was allowed to sign as many players, I very much doubt we would be having this conversation as we would not be sitting bottom.

The money wasted by Levein cannot be underestimated and we could have a new stadium and a great squad had he not been appointed in the first place.

I have said this since admin, Levein should never have been given any role at Hearts from day one.

I don't care how little Budge knew about football, ( and I suppose that is why she picked Levein in the first place ) but she had many more options at the time. Levein has inveigled his way into a position she just can't get rid. I seriously doubt he will be gone even after his contract ends, and should Stendel go I have no doubt she would get Levein back in. 

For me Levein has to leave the building ( gardening leave ) and never return.

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I think you are letting yourself down in your opening sentence when you say that what happened under the previous football management is irrelevant. Under the previous management, the vast majority of the players still involved were signed by them. Having signed them the previous management were then unable to get them functioning as a team, against oposition such as Hamilton (the team you quote above). The present manager has got us playing a different style, and when it works it is very good to watch. But it tends to be working against teams who actually look to come at us. Many of the same players continue to struggle against the same teams they struggled against under the previous management, a previous management who had years to try and get it right but fecked up big style. Now, three months into his reign, I'm reading things about the present manager getting the boot if he doesn't keep us up. I desperately want us to stay up, I think that is just a natural, common response to the situation we find ourselves in. I don't think we are down yet and there is time to achieve what is required. If it is taken, as is often said by some, that financially we should have assembled a squad capable of keeping us in the top division, then again the fact it can't is down to the previous management who assembled that squad and appear to have misused finances available to them. If it is a taken that we have players who, on paper, look better than the squads assembled by the teams who we are competing against to stay up then it is time for those players to stand up and be counted and instead of only looking good on paper starting producing the goods on the park. Once we have a team on the park that Stendel classes as the team he wants to have on the park and are playing in the way he wants them to play if it continues to fail then is the time to question him.

Good sensible and rational post PJ. I concur with all of the above 

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

3 managers, 3 periods of almost continuous dross. How many managers should we give this group of utter chancers and non triers. Defensive football was shite, attacking football shite, I’m guessing middle of the road would be shite. Whoever is in charge next season and in whatever league, and I don’t mind if it’s DS or not, the tail wagging the dog has bee going on long enough and it’s time for a huge clear out. 

Hard to disagree.

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Daniel Stendel is doing everything possible to keep this club up, i can tell you now he has been let down, regarding certain things during his time here. 

These players are the problem mate not him 👍

I've always had the feeling the fans have been backing the manager more than those running the club. I don't understand it, and it's very sad. Hopefully when those running the club make decisions at the end of the season, they'll recognise that. 

The one silver lining of going down is we can invoke relegation release clauses for those absolute charlatans the previous regime dished out long deals to. I genuinely hope that Stendel is here to rebuild the squad. 

On 11/03/2020 at 22:04, Last Laff said:

Make no doubt about it.  The guys a fraud.  

Levein is a massive massive part of this shit but Stendel hasn’t got a clue and yet is loved by some for no reason at all.  

Fraud? Really?

In what way is Daniel Stendel a “fraud”?

Strange OP and even stranger turn of phrase that needs explaining.

There are frauds at Tynecastle.Stendel isn't one of them.There has been one or two odd decisions from him but i put that down to desperation and frustration, from the inability of so called professionals to grasp basic concepts.

7 hours ago, kila said:

Stendel didn't even get his own coaches in until January!

Tactically you can blame Stendel for some things but the way Hearts are run from the top is just ****ing awful. Budge wasting 6 weeks hoping MacPhee would be able to get some results, then dithering about over his coaches while Levein, MacPhee, Fox, Daly were still around! At least Daly is gone but the rest still remain.

The whole culture at the club is unprofessional and that's what Stendel said as soon as he came in.

Spot on.

Levein is a massive massive part of this shit but Stendel hasn’t got a clue and yet is loved by some for no reason at all.  

Agreed, his record is worse than Cathro/Levein/McPhee, boot him out now and put Gary Locke in charge. He would shake them up

that’s for sure, leave Stendel in charge and we are down 

Big Slim Stylee
6 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

Agreed, his record is worse than Cathro/Levein/McPhee, boot him out now and put Gary Locke in charge. He would shake them up

Oh right. Locke’s the man to take the club forward right enough😀

A fraud? Don't think so.  He seems like a decent guy who is giving it his best shot.

Can he keep us up? Not looking likely. 

I want to believe in the guy, and I want him to succeed, but his record to date ain't close to being good enough. 

In any other circumstances we'd all be screaming for a manager with his record to go. He's not going, for now anyway, so I guess we have to keep backing him. At best, the jury is still out.

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, Dsjambo said:

I feel like I’ve became dumber for just reading this post. 

ford donald
14 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

TBF a total failure would be someone who could save us from certain death just saying “**** em”

FOH...

8 hours ago, ford donald said:

FOH...

Yeah but without her wad of cash we’d not have had the opportunity for FOH.

Shes made mistakes, one huge one in relation to the power and influence she allowed one individual but the abuse she gets in here is ridiculous IMO

14 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Oh right. Locke’s the man to take the club forward right enough😀

Some people are just incapable of looking forward. You only gave to look at our transfer threads or when a managers job comes up. It has to be a former player returning or manager

ford donald
26 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Yeah but without her wad of cash we’d not have had the opportunity for FOH.

Shes made mistakes, one huge one in relation to the power and influence she allowed one individual but the abuse she gets in here is ridiculous IMO

That is the only thing I can give her credit for,the loan,which she is getting back plus interest.

The Old Tolbooth

The biggest fraudster we have is Ann Budge, she’s been pretending to be a football club owner for too long now, the fans got right behind Stendel, the club haven’t, it’s plainly obvious to see! 

To keep the last incumbent at the club is just plain weird, very strange, and just batshit crazy, it’s still jobs for the boys where Ann and Craig are concerned and she needs to go ASAP so we can rebuild with someone proper in charge who actually knows about football. Stendel will leave Hearts and go on to have a decent career in football management, although a large part of me wants to clear out everyone at the club and leave the manager in place to rebuild the utter carnage that he’s inherited, we, as a club, are a total car crash, and it won’t improve until we’ve cleaned it out! 

50 minutes ago, ford donald said:

That is the only thing I can give her credit for,the loan,which she is getting back plus interest.

I don’t dispute the fact that she’s getting it back but without it we were *******.

I wonder if, looking back she’ll think it was worth it.

jack D and coke
45 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The biggest fraudster we have is Ann Budge, she’s been pretending to be a football club owner for too long now, the fans got right behind Stendel, the club haven’t, it’s plainly obvious to see! 

To keep the last incumbent at the club is just plain weird, very strange, and just batshit crazy, it’s still jobs for the boys where Ann and Craig are concerned and she needs to go ASAP so we can rebuild with someone proper in charge who actually knows about football. Stendel will leave Hearts and go on to have a decent career in football management, although a large part of me wants to clear out everyone at the club and leave the manager in place to rebuild the utter carnage that he’s inherited, we, as a club, are a total car crash, and it won’t improve until we’ve cleaned it out! 

As another poster said yesterday maybe we should just sack Stendel but keep him on “doing things“ I’m sure he’s good at something. 
What a ****ing farce. 
Levein - If he had any credit left that is - has burnt his bridges and should stay away from Tynecastle for good after this. He’s proved he’s an utter *****. 

The Old Tolbooth
59 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

As another poster said yesterday maybe we should just sack Stendel but keep him on “doing things“ I’m sure he’s good at something. 
What a ****ing farce. 
Levein - If he had any credit left that is - has burnt his bridges and should stay away from Tynecastle for good after this. He’s proved he’s an utter *****. 

100% agree mate, and take the rest of his clique with him as well, clear the whole lot out from top to bottom. 

5 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Spot on he's working on his own with none of his own staff helping him and hasn't been allowed to sign any players he wanted. 

🙃

East Lothian Jambo
5 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Ann Budge has done a lot of good. She has made mistakes, Craig Levein being the biggest of all. Maybe even a blindspot 

There is scrutiny over her ability to run a football club successfully given the mess we are in. To suggest she is a "fraud" is complete nonsense 

5 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Ann Budge has done a lot of good. She has made mistakes, Craig Levein being the biggest of all. Maybe even a blindspot 

There is scrutiny over her ability to run a football club successfully given the mess we are in. To suggest she is a "fraud" is complete nonsense 

Same could be said about Stendel , but its apparently ok to call him that in a thread title. Embarrassing.

East Lothian Jambo
9 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Same could be said about Stendel , but its apparently ok to call him that in a thread title. Embarrassing.

I don't consider Stendel a fraud. Not worked out as I hoped it would 

Just now, East Lothian Jambo said:

I don't consider Stendel a fraud. Not worked out as I hoped it would 

Never suggested you did mate, sorry if you thought so, it was the idiotic thread title I was referring to👍

Clerry Jambo
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I think given the chance Stendel will make a lot of people eat their words. 

Hope the guy stays we need stability and needs a chance to get his own players who are fit!!

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

Hope the guy stays we need stability and needs a chance to get his own players who are fit!!

Absolutely 👍

East Lothian Jambo
57 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Never suggested you did mate, sorry if you thought so, it was the idiotic thread title I was referring to👍

👍

Unknown user
56 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I like him but I don't think anyone at the club appreciated the urgency and scale of turnaround needed, him included. I think he's a smart guy and if we get away with this I hope and expect to see that he's learned lessons.

61 posts per day since you started in August with £0.00 contributions.

FILE UNDER OBSESSED HOBO TRAMP

The Old Tolbooth
19 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Is it though? 

She's taken on something that she's massively out of her depth on, and we're heading back to where we started, the Championship (I get that we're not quite back to where we started as we're not going bust any time soon before smart arses start). Budge has to take the blame for all of this as far as I'm concerned as she stood by and watched us fall further and further behind everyone else in the league, and done absolutely nothing about it until it's too late, at least Stendel has a track record of success in football with Barnsley,  Ann doesn't have any track record of successfully running a football club. 

The Old Tolbooth
14 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I also think this too, but you just know that he won't get the chance, it's the way we are. 

East Lothian Jambo
17 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Thing is we haven't brought him in and expected a league title from him. We have brought him in at beginning of December and it looks most likely to end in relegation. His January signings haven't worked. Our budget is far far bigger than shit around us. 

If we go down he has to take his share of responsibility.  Not like he was given a 5 game salvo job 

East Lothian Jambo
3 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Is it though? 

She's taken on something that she's massively out of her depth on, and we're heading back to where we started, the Championship (I get that we're not quite back to where we started as we're not going bust any time soon before smart arses start). Budge has to take the blame for all of this as far as I'm concerned as she stood by and watched us fall further and further behind everyone else in the league, and done absolutely nothing about it until it's too late, at least Stendel has a track record of success in football with Barnsley,  Ann doesn't have any track record of successfully running a football club. 

Waiting on the long awaited update on the football department. The Academy has produced very little in 6 years since it was neglected prior to Administration 

She has been quick to point out club with be fan owned but not fan controlled.  FOH representatives on the Board should be asking questions and getting answers about how we have got to this point. 

The Old Tolbooth
45 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Waiting on the long awaited update on the football department. The Academy has produced very little in 6 years since it was neglected prior to Administration 

She has been quick to point out club with be fan owned but not fan controlled.  FOH representatives on the Board should be asking questions and getting answers about how we have got to this point. 

I absolutely agree with that mate, not enough is being asked, and things need to change. 

Pasquale for King
On 14/03/2020 at 11:21, portobellojambo1 said:

Great post 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

I know it’s been said a lot that it was neglected before, by CL mostly. My problem is that now we’ve spent £4m updating it we hardly produce any players. Now the use of them under the previous manager can undoubtedly be questioned. Getting back to the academy before CL took over, every youngster we produced in the team that was relegated represented their country at some level so even if it was ignored it was still producing better players than we have now, who all contributed in their own way. 
At least Stendel has used a few of the youngsters and got more out them than CL.

Edited by Pasquale for King

That’s still CL’s team out there that Stendel is having to work with. Sibbick illness, Langer fitness and indiscipline, Avdijay? & Boyce after a decent start is not the fox in the box atm Hence our lack of consistency.

There have been signs of improvement but it’s still basic errors that are still costing us dear. Hickey, Irving, Moore, & Henderson are plus points for me & are benefiting on their game time under Stendel.

East Lothian Jambo
2 minutes ago, sac said:

That’s still CL’s team out there that Stendel is having to work with. Sibbick illness, Langer fitness and indiscipline, Avdijay? & Boyce after a decent start is not the fox in the box atm Hence our lack of consistency.

There have been signs of improvement but it’s still basic errors that are still costing us dear. Hickey, Irving, Moore, & Henderson are plus points for me & are benefiting on their game time under Stendel.

But is our squad inferior to those of St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County etc? If it is then major decisions need to be made this summer as our wage bill in comparison to those clubs is obscene 

Warning signs were there 

9 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

But is our squad inferior to those of St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County etc? If it is then major decisions need to be made this summer as our wage bill in comparison to those clubs is obscene 

Warning signs were there 

I suppose if you were to go through comparative squads man for man then we would come out on top in terms of ability.

Where we are sadly lacking though is in the mindset/effort department. When teams come out and attack us we can score on the counter as we did against Hibs.

However when teams sit in as Hamilton, Motherwell etc do and hit us on the break we are poor in trying to break them down due to our lack of creativity and defensive ability.

The unfortunate thing is that football matches are not won on paper or by the size of your wage bill.

6 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Warning signs were there 

I don’t know, maybe they would argue yes we are inferior given our results against them. My hopes are if rest of the games are completed we scrape survival, Stendel has a clearout & a decent recruitment to fit his philosophy & we show signs of improvement via results.

its taken three years to get this bad & I think it will take two transfer windows on top of the one DS has had to get us back to being in the top six