Zero room for error now.

Gambo

Werner Herzog

In order to stay up, we have to start doing something we've looked utterly incapable of doing for a year & a half.

I'd need to check the stats, but I think we've only won something like 7 out of the previous 50 odd league matches. And of course, no back to back league wins in over a year.

We are quintessential relegation material & I hate to say it, but that is the consequence of incompetent leadership of the football department. Never in a million years did I think Ann Budge would lead us to this point. But alas, she has. Ill always be grateful for the role she played in saving the club, but that does not absolve her of the responsibility she has for our current predicament. And if she remains in post, she must delegate the football decisions to someone else (a chief executive/sporting director/ an admin person clued up on the game like Leanne Dempster - ironically). Keeping Levein in post for as long as she did & then taking 6 weeks to sort out his replacement (a replacement completely unsuitable for taking on a scottish team in a relegation dogfight) who finally arrived at a time when there were league matches every 3-4 days, has brought us to this point.

For the amount of money spent to assemble this squad in a league with teams like Hamilton & Livingston, that is a complete disgrace. And irrespective of whether or not we go down or somehow survive, changes at all levels of the club need to occur. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambof3tornado

• redjambo

• gashauskis9

• Hearts_fan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Stating the bleeding obvious, but there is zero room for any defeats from now on.

We are now in last chance saloon, games are now must wins.

Lets see how many of these gutless overpaid premadonas are up for the fight, on the evidence so far im all for running them out this club.

It’s over Gambo. There’s no coming back from tonight.

You honestly think we are going to go to Livingstone on Sunday and beat them on that pitch?

45 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I agree.

Too late now 

Hamilton was a must win. Motherwell was a must win. St Mirren was a must win. We are shite. Bottom of the league most of the season. Results and league positions don't lie

RustyRightPeg

Players are shi**bags who don’t deserve to play for our club. Emphasis on our. 

In some ways I’m half hoping we go down so we can strip the squad back of the deadwood and start over but in another way I’m also hoping we can experience a great escape. 

We need 5 wins, 2 draw and a defeat from our last 8 games to get 40 points. If we can achieve that we have a chance. If we can't, we're doon!

22games nro

Plan now for the championship, get rid of the bottle merchants , get rid of anyone who doesn’t share the same vision for the club we do No matter who it is.

It's absolutely finished, done. No hope. No coming back etc etc etc

We are ****ed. Congratulations to everyone at the club for taking us full circle and back in to the championship.

4 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

We need 5 wins, 2 draw and a defeat from our last 8 games to get 40 points. If we can achieve that we have a chance. If we can't, we're doon!

It's the stuff of Melchester Rovers, I'm afraid.

Anyone who's seen both the Hibs and St Mirren games able to suggest the reasons for the difference in performance?

Is it as simplistic as the players being more up for the derby? Or perhaps simply scoring first as opposed to conceding first? Because I don't believe St Mirren are a better team than Hibs (or Rangers for that matter).

You could make the OP statement in almost every game since Xmas. It’s done. We don’t have the fight in us that the other teams do. 

1 hour ago, The Merse said:

If we can’t turn up for a game of tonight’s importance then I just can’t see any way out now.

Sickened beyond belief.

This for me - the lack of application or quality in that 1st half was incredible. 1st time I've ever admitted that relegation looks a certainty but it does now. With 4 league wins in 30 it will take a miracle to stay up. Don't see any way back after tonight, but you never know. 

5 minutes ago, WagonWheel said:

Anyone who's seen both the Hibs and St Mirren games able to suggest the reasons for the difference in performance?

Is it as simplistic as the players being more up for the derby? Or perhaps simply scoring first as opposed to conceding first? Because I don't believe St Mirren are a better team than Hibs (or Rangers for that matter).

To me we only ever look comfortable in games under Stendel when a goal ahead and we can relax a little and at least try and play football.

As soon as we go one down in any match we look frantic, gung ho style with very little quality and lose any shape we had.

The Hibs game we played the ball into channels for Washington and menaced their defence. Tonight we barely laid a finger on them. 

Marcus Cicero
1 hour ago, Werner Herzog said:

In order to stay up, we have to start doing something we've looked utterly incapable of doing for a year & a half.

I'd need to check the stats, but I think we've only won something like 7 out of the previous 50 odd league matches. And of course, no back to back league wins in over a year.

We are quintessential relegation material & I hate to say it, but that is the consequence of incompetent leadership of the football department. Never in a million years did I think Ann Budge would lead us to this point. But alas, she has. Ill always be grateful for the role she played in saving the club, but that does not absolve her of the responsibility she has for our current predicament. And if she remains in post, she must delegate the football decisions to someone else (a chief executive/sporting director/ an admin person clued up on the game like Leanne Dempster - ironically). Keeping Levein in post for as long as she did & then taking 6 weeks to sort out his replacement (a replacement completely unsuitable for taking on a scottish team in a relegation dogfight) who finally arrived at a time when there were league matches every 3-4 days, has brought us to this point.

For the amount of money spent to assemble this squad in a league with teams like Hamilton & Livingston, that is a complete disgrace. And irrespective of whether or not we go down or somehow survive, changes at all levels of the club need to occur. 

Good post - I support Ann but agree something has seriously gone wrong - from my discussions she is equally perplexed. Maybe we should have done more to keep Robbie - we are where we are - don’t fight each other - stick together 

I’m pretty sure it’s over now. 

we’ve had Killie, Motherwell, Hamikton and St Mirren in recent games, three at home, we’ve taken 2 points. 

We’ve been the worst team in the league since October 2018. We deserve to go down. No question. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Stating the bleeding obvious, but there is zero room for any defeats from now on.

We are now in last chance saloon, games are now must wins.

Lets see how many of these gutless overpaid premadonas are up for the fight, on the evidence so far im all for running them out this club.

Too late. Tonight was massive and we didnt lay a glove on them. Last chance saloon has gone mate. We are down the players know it and it showed big time.

We are getting exactly what we deserve.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, Marcus Cicero said:

Good post - I support Ann but agree something has seriously gone wrong - from my discussions she is equally perplexed. Maybe we should have done more to keep Robbie - we are where we are - don’t fight each other - stick together 

Ann is perplexed??? Not sacking levein in the summer allowed another terrible year to pass.

Thats all down to her.

Sooner shes out the better.

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Ross County are our only hope now for not finishing bottom.

Hamilton and St Mirren have turned up in the two big games against us as performed.

Correct. They are our only hope.

Very doubtful that they will prove to be as lightweight, spineless and disinterested as our players, though.

There are still plenty points to play for but I just can't see how we are going to win enough to stay up. Tonight's performance was a shocker, how the hell have we managed to beat Hibs and The Rangers twice but we don't have the fight for the teams that we really have to beat. I've just lost all hope.

2 hours ago, John mcCartney said:

Livingston away on Sunday,on that ****ing pitch

the best thing Hmfc could do would be to book Gary Holt and his staff for next season.

But I was told they are all drug dealing gangsters! 🤔

Five to One

Tonight is the night I’ve accepted we’re going down. Yes, it’s possible for us to win enough games and somehow pull off the great escape, but I just can’t see it. Ironically, if we were playing in the top 6 I think we might accumulate more points than we would at the bottom.

Kirky Jambo

Was convinced when we couldn’t beat 10 man Hamilton that we were doomed. Even more convinced now. It’s over. Hate these players.

Silvery_Moon

It's over. That was the big one tonight. A chance to gain 3 points on the 3 teams above us. We could barely even manage a shot on target. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, WagonWheel said:

The players are not getting themselves up for the less glamorous games (and/or Stendel is not getting them fired up enough for them) and Stendel's attacking approach is not suited to playing very stuffy opponents who have no interest in playing anything resembling football.

8 hours ago, redjambo said:

It's the stuff of Melchester Rovers, I'm afraid.

I agree. In response to optimists saying we'd turn it around, I've been saying for months that there is no relevant evidence to suggest that we can or will.

The direction of travel has been Championship since basically October 2018.

We'd have been relegated last season if not for the incredible start to that season. 

However, nearly anything is possible in football.

A "miracle" upturn in form could easily save us.

I genuinely think we're done. We can raise our game when it comes to Hibs and Rangers but we don't have it to compete when it comes to a dogfight. 

St Mirren and Hamilton know what it's all about. They fight relegation every season and know the score. There's a reason why Hamilton always seem to stay up, it's because they know they need to fight,scratch and claw their way through every game. We can't do that, I feel that there's an air of arrogance around our club, that a lot of the people within that still think we're too good to go down.

The form statistics at Christmas from previous seasons suggested we'd go down. 

They haven't been wrong thus far.

I've tried to be as positive as is possible and while there is obviously a chance let's be honest here.

We've totally chucked away all our best chances to get out of this **** up.

Time and time again we've not shown up when it's really mattered. 

We are bottom and let's face it, we deserve to be..

If we get out of this I reckon it'll be because of coronavirus or something related.

An utter disgrace for a club paying out what we do in wages.

Root and branch change required.

HHGH

Jambof3tornado
15 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I genuinely think we're done. We can raise our game when it comes to Hibs and Rangers but we don't have it to compete when it comes to a dogfight. 

St Mirren and Hamilton know what it's all about. They fight relegation every season and know the score. There's a reason why Hamilton always seem to stay up, it's because they know they need to fight,scratch and claw their way through every game. We can't do that, I feel that there's an air of arrogance around our club, that a lot of the people within that still think we're too good to go down.

Correct. We have a squad sleepwalking us into the championship.

Time to embrace it.  Massive cull and overhaul needed.

Won 4 all season and now probably need to win another 5 to stay up - even Steve McQueen wouldnt mastermind a Great Escape with this bunch of muppets playing

maroonedinoz
9 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

What are we like after the split?

killie away

county away

st Mirren home

hamilton home 

Saints home 

Hard to see us being in contention going into it sadly

St Johnstone could take sixth place and push Hibs out of the top six.

If that happens there is a possibility that survival would depend on a derby victory.

While being relegated at their hands would be horrendous, 

I think we have more chance of beating Hibs than St Johnstone, or possibly the others.

bigsuperslim1874
10 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

Stendel’s tactics and formation are costing us. Another ball over the top of a high line. No protection for the centre half’s.

Tactics and formation are fine as long as idiots like Damour don’t decide to give the ball away like last night. Who exactly was he trying to pass to - HE was the protection but blew it.

The Treasurer

I can accept defeats, I can accept players having an off day, I can accept individual errors, these things happen to the best players.

What I can't accept is a lack of fight from any player privileged enough to wear a Hearts strip.

Give me a Gary Locke or a Ryan Stevenson any day over this bunch of weak, spineless imposters

Last night convinced me that we are down.
The manager is out his depth with a relegation dogfight. Not his fault but clearly was brought in at a critical time and expected to hit the ground running with an unbalanced poor underperforming squad and having 2 games every week.

The players themselves have been awful. Outside Smith I can’t think of one that has pass marks.

No fight in them and easily beaten by teams in the division.

A likely defeat in Livingston and Hamilton winning at Ross County will all but seal it

Sad. Very sad. A club with unparalleled support getting served this is heartbreaking 

4 wins in 30. Absolutely incredible. Although not mathematically confirmed (yet), I think we are down.  I cannot see where a win is coming from.  We have enjoyed the odd blip this season (2 x wins over hibs at ER, one win over Rangers and one over St Mirren, both at home), but that’s all they were - blips in an otherwise cesspit of 💩.

The only team in all of the Scottish leagues to have won less games than us this season is Stranraer, in league one (2 wins). 

The players have consistently not performed, regardless of who was at the helm. 

Its been said many times, but we have been dropping like a stone in terms of performances and results ever since that performance against Celtic at Murrayfield last season.

Last night, we lost yet another must not lose match. We didn’t lay a glove on St Mirren.  We were meek and predictable. Unforgivable given what was at stake.

The fallout from what seems like inevitable relegation will be quite something. 

The fans have been badly let down by those in charge at the club. This has been gross mismanagement of the highest level.

I don’t know whether to feel more angry or just gutted about where we are. 

39 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Tactics and formation are fine as long as idiots like Damour don’t decide to give the ball away like last night. Who exactly was he trying to pass to - HE was the protection but blew it.

Play to the strengths of the team. Halkett has zero pace. We’re making it so easy to play against us. Sit in deep and play the ball over the top.

bigsuperslim1874
11 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Play to the strengths of the team. Halkett has zero pace. We’re making it so easy to play against us. Sit in deep and play the ball over the top.

I know what you mean. I don’t think we were really caught over he top really (unless I have blocked it out....😂) apart from that situation - and it proved decisive.

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's not good. 

Looks likely we will go down, but football is weird, can change instantly. 

Tragically, Hamilton best rc then us beating rc would Likley mean they are the team in free fall. And catchable. 

We will all play again, so it's still in our hands but our record v the bottom 5 teams is horrendous and it would be some turnaround to win 3 or 4 of them. 

It's not over, but it really is grim. 

We cant beat the teams down the bottom, cant see any way back.

TheGoodLord

Sore as it is and as unlikely as it seems it’s (in all likelihood) still in our hands. It’s not a question of being deluded or being in support of the current regime it’s just holding on for dear life in the hope a bit of a miracle happens. I’m not chucking it yet.

We haven't won a league match outside Edinburgh.

We have only won one game from fourteen against teams in the bottom six.

In our eight remaining games,  all will either be outside Edinburgh or against bottom six teams.

We are gubbed.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Last night convinced me that we are down.
The manager is out his depth with a relegation dogfight. Not his fault but clearly was brought in at a critical time and expected to hit the ground running with an unbalanced poor underperforming squad and having 2 games every week.

The players themselves have been awful. Outside Smith I can’t think of one that has pass marks.

No fight in them and easily beaten by teams in the division.

A likely defeat in Livingston and Hamilton winning at Ross County will all but seal it

Sad. Very sad. A club with unparalleled support getting served this is heartbreaking 

Hamilton beating rc is our best hope imo. 

Rc are at Tynecastle next. 

That is our best hope imo. 

As many have said tho, it matters not a jot unless we win 3/4 games. 

Unlikely given form, but not impossible. 

14 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

How many wins have we had this season so far?

Ex member of the SaS

When quality players can't make a simple pass, have a shot on goal or even take a decent corner ( one that drops onto the penalty spot and not hitting the first defender ). We do not deserve to stay up. IF we do stay up, and I was a fan on St Mirren or Hamilton, then I would be furious. These players know what is required yet time and again the fail to do the simple things right. Just what do they do in training other than skip over a tiny cone, stand in a circle and pass the ball two feet? Time to get them down Gullane and show them what hard work really is. Get them working a building site in the break and maybe they will realise just how easy they pocket a huge wedge every week.

MarkDevriesScores4

We need more wins from our last remaining fixtures than we’ve managed during the whole of the season so far in order to have a chance of staying up. No chance of that so I’m afraid it’s championship football for us next season. Stendel will likely go and Ann will put Levein in charge of footballing matters.

13 hours ago, WagonWheel said:

Hibs and rangers at least try to pass the ball around , which allows us to close down and dominate. Scoring first is key to not letting the other team get ten men behind the ball.

We have failed to score first too many times against the shit teams.

Harry Potter
5 hours ago, rory78 said:

Won 4 all season and now probably need to win another 5 to stay up - even Steve McQueen wouldnt mastermind a Great Escape with this bunch of muppets playing

:), that made me laugh, cheers bud.

3 hours ago, Serge said:

We haven't won a league match outside Edinburgh.

We have only won one game from fourteen against teams in the bottom six.

In our eight remaining games,  all will either be outside Edinburgh or against bottom six teams.

We are gubbed.

That’s fair cheered me up.  :sadrobbo: