The Refund Question

Jamboelite

Jamboelite

I noticed the other day that people had mentioned about asking for a refund on their ST im curious what response they got back.

A mate of mine had sent an email asking the TO this very point to be told that it stated in their terms and conditions that no refund was applicable.

He responded by asking them how he would know what the terms and conditions were when this is contained in his ST book that he has yet to receive and as the tele-sales person failed to mention any refund policy on the phone what grounds they have for this.

He has had a response asking for his full details name address etc but no note as to why.

He is only contemplating the return but im curious if others have been given a blanket no.

For those interested i'll let you know the outcome when he hears back.

Say What Again
He responded by asking them how he would know what the terms and conditions were when this is contained in his ST book that he has yet to receive and as the tele-sales person failed to mention any refund policy on the phone what grounds they have for this.

He has had a response asking for his full details name address etc but no note as to why.

He is only contemplating the return but im curious if others have been given a blanket no.

I'd certainly be interested to hear how that goes.

chester copperpot
I noticed the other day that people had mentioned about asking for a refund on their ST im curious what response they got back.

A mate of mine had sent an email asking the TO this very point to be told that it stated in their terms and conditions that no refund was applicable.

If he doesn?t get a refund, tell him I?ll give him 200 knicker for it. ;)

may I refer you to a post of mine from yesterday

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19716&page=2

to say that no refund is applicable must surely be against your statutory rights.

Me thinks that we need a legal eagle on this one.

I am however fairly confident that you will be legally entitled to your money back.

Now just imagine if 2000 ST holders ask for their money back in the next couple of weeks or so. This IMHO would send a bit of a shock wave around the club and country.

grumpyjambo

What reason did he give Hearts for wanting a refund?

What reason did he give Hearts for wanting a refund?

I suspect he told them he's a johnny-come-lately spineless glory hunter who can't cope when the going gets a tad difficult.

grumpyjambo
I suspect he told them he's a johnny-come-lately spineless glory hunter who can't cope when the going gets a tad difficult.

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

You don't half talk some pish! How would you know if he was a "Jonny-come-lately" or not? Maybe he's totally pashed-off and believes he's being ripped-off again, he could've been supporting Hearts for decades! Do yourself a favour, stop making a total plank of yourself almost everytime your on. Mod Edit

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Wow... You just described Vladimir Romanov!

he could've been supporting Hearts for decades!

And here, fellow KBers, is the killer word. ;)

Just off the phone to a legal type person and unfortunately the news is not good.

It would appear that getting a refund may be a very hard nut to crack.

The reason for this being mainly that you have entered into a contract with hearts and that they have provided you with the product, which is a season ticket. This is unfortunately not like purchasing a "physical" product such as a washing machine. If the machine is faulty you can return the goods and receive a refund.

Buying a season ticket you have the product which allows you access to all the games within the category purchased.

The problem here is that the product, the season ticket, is not faulty regardless of the troubles surrounding the club. It would be very difficult to argue in a court of law and win on the premise that the product on the park i.e. the team are complete rubbish etc.. This unfortunately is not part of the contract.

Oh happy days:sad:

Rawrrrrrrr
Just off the phone to a legal type person and unfortunately the news is not good.

The reason for this being mainly that you have entered into a contract with hearts and that they have provided you with the product, which is a season ticket. This is unfortunately not like purchasing a "physical" product such as a washing machine. If the machine is faulty you can return the goods and receive a refund.

Buying a season ticket you have the product which allows you access to all the games within the category purchased.

The problem here is that the product, the season ticket, is not faulty regardless of the troubles surrounding the club. It would be very difficult to argue in a court of law and win on the premise that the product on the park i.e. the team are complete rubbish etc.. This unfortunately is not part of the contract.

I would also imagine theres a note somewhere in the ST literature referring you to the TO/website for the full terms and conditions thus covering that legal loophole.

I would suggest if say the beat magazine was included (not a seperate extra) you could get out on this but I dont think it was and I dont have mine anymore to check

Rawrrrrrrr
HOW ABOUT VIGOGO BUYING YOUR ST AS THEY BOUGHT LAST YEAR GAME BY GAME BAISIS

No Viago didnt buy your tickets, other hearts fans did and based on the fact no one wants to go unless your willing to sell it quite below face value people would just buy proper tickets from the TO

BIGTEAM phoned and asked for a refund, he was told categorically, NO!

This was yesterday after the Pinilla annoucement, not a knee jerk reaction either, just a culmination of recent goings on.

You shouldn't get a refund. I really don't understand why people are asking for refunds. If you didn't want a season ticket then why did you buy one? If you were waiting for a manager to be appointed then why renew before we have one?

You shouldn't get a refund. I really don't understand why people are asking for refunds. If you didn't want a season ticket then why did you buy one? If you were waiting for a manager to be appointed then why renew before we have one?

Too sensible.

Log off!

What about guy's like myself...Had my seat in section E since the stand was built, Travelled Europe with Hearts on 9 occasions,Last time Basle, Went to games home & away since the late 80's...Won't be renewing AGAIN this season, That's 2 seasons...Johnny come Lately or Just a Hearts SUPPORTER really ****ed off at being taken for a Mug by this Little Egotistical P**** and his inbred Son???...Baaaaaaaaa Therapist :mad:

The Old Tolbooth

I've got to say that this post about sums it up for me Stanley, I held off and held off, and didn't care if the deadline passed as I'd have gladly paid extra if something had changed, however I'm still holding off :sad:

Guest TrimmTrab

If you want a refund and ordered online surely the Distance Selling Act covers it?

You can return anything you have bought online for up to 30 days and you dont need a reason as far as im away - ive used it for hard goods no problem. I assume this goes for telesales aswell but you would have to check.

Only a Game
If you want a refund and ordered online surely the Distance Selling Act covers it?

You can return anything you have bought online for up to 30 days and you dont need a reason as far as im away - ive used it for hard goods no problem. I assume this goes for telesales aswell but you would have to check.

Weirdly, that legislation specifically doesnt cover Sporting events on a given day or within a given period (season tickets in other words)

grumpyjambo

:bravo::bravo:

hmfc_steve

probably talking bollox.... but how about any shareholders voting a no confidence due to mishandling / mismanagement of the club

grumpyjambo
probably talking bollox.... but how about any shareholders voting a no confidence due to mishandling / mismanagement of the club

And who holds the majority of shares?

So if this year's book had been like last year's and the poor quality of the perforations resulted in me having difficulty ripping out the tickets again then I would have a case to get my money back. :)

So if this year's book had been like last year's and the poor quality of the perforations resulted in me having difficulty ripping out the tickets again then I would have a case to get my money back. :)

Yeah!

And the top half ends up overlapping the bottom!

And the colour game off a little bit!

Not good enough!

grumpyjambo

Consumer law states that they are entitled to repair or replace once before they have to give a refund.

And who holds the majority of shares?

Good idea but I suspect it would be voted down 81:19.

Jamboelite

I suspect you havent got a clue what you are talking about he has been an ST holder for a long time and is only asking the question as to whether a refund is applicable not actually demanding one even if its agreed he is not definitely returning it .

At the end of the day i think like me he feels cheated in the promises made that have failed to be delivered like us all.

The recent events over the last few weeks have broken the camels back prior to that i think he was still hopeful of something materialising.

So before you have a go at another supporter why not just give it a rest.

If you want to know he has been an ST holder for about 9-10years and has been a supporter 20+years.

londonjambo

And here, fellow JKB'ers, is the killer word.

Oh hang on, that cant be right.

GC

Archived