Ticket shambles

132goals1958

Three of us bought our tickets for the Wheatfield but were told there was no bar code and despite showing our season tickets were refused entry.Had to validate it with the ticket office and missed the first 15 minutes. Ridiculous situation particularly when the take up was so low. Delighted to experience the win but the delay should never have happened .

been here before

Ok.

We breezed in nae bother as the barcodes seemed cool.

Thoughts etc...

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

First 15 minutes were missable 

Maybe so but as a season ticket holder it is not unreasonable to expect entry through the turnstiles when presenting your ticket  Arrived at 5 20 and told I had to sort it out at the ticket office. Ok I am am an auld mid seventy year old so in this day and age I don’t expect to be faffing about.

lost in space

Yes, same but had my season ticket. Girl at turnstiles refused me entry but referred me to supervisor who let me in with evidence. Common sense.

First 15 mins were poor.

9 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Maybe so but as a season ticket holder it is not unreasonable to expect entry through the turnstiles when presenting your ticket  Arrived at 5 20 and told I had to sort it out at the ticket office. Ok I am am an auld mid seventy year old so in this day and age I don’t expect to be faffing about.

So did you print at home or how did you get your tickets? Genuinely interested as never heard of missing bar codes before and you're obviously not making it up.

31 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Three of us bought our tickets for the Wheatfield but were told there was no bar code and despite showing our season tickets were refused entry.Had to validate it with the ticket office and missed the first 15 minutes. Ridiculous situation particularly when the take up was so low. Delighted to experience the win but the delay should never have happened .

I rarely call out bull$hit on here but for years access to the ground has been by a barcode getting scanned on either st or ticket. If I had 3 tickets without a barcode the first thing I would be doing is contacting the club and sorting it.  Not turning up just before kick off and expecting to be magically granted access 

2 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

So did you print at home or how did you get your tickets? Genuinely interested as never heard of missing bar codes before and you're obviously not making it up.

Sounds like they thought their ticket would get added to their season card and tried to get in with that?

132goals1958

My mate bought the three tickets in the shop. Never looked at the tickets until they couldn’t be scanned.In fairness the ticket office acted promptly and got us onto the concourse toute suite.

I've noticed their scanners sometimes don't work.  At last one didn't at the last home cup game v airdrie but we sidestepped that incompetent and got through via another scanner.

If your ticket didn't have a barcode though that's another problem.  Obviously next time check it's got a barcode.

132goals1958
11 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

I rarely call out bull$hit on here but for years access to the ground has been by a barcode getting scanned on either st or ticket. If I had 3 tickets without a barcode the first thing I would be doing is contacting the club and sorting it.  Not turning up just before kick off and expecting to be magically granted access 

I never look at tickets to see if there is a bar code.

Dagger Is Back

A bit weird. I left it really late but tried to buy my ST seat today.

Came up as sold as did the next 5/6 seats beside it.

Turned up to the game and all seats were available.

Something not right 

Independence
1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Easy for me. Why post this nonsense. Get a life!

1 hour ago, 132goals1958 said:

Imagine if we'd been 4-0 up by then and finished up winning 4-1.

It should have been ten
27 minutes ago, Independence said:

Calm doon

sandylejambo

my son changed ours for seats together, left without checking them and my grandsons had no barcode and was seated no where near us, had to go back Saturday morning to get it fixed, it is worrying that the people there are so not up to the job.

I was at the Principality stadium in Cardiff couple of years ago. We had about 30 tickers and 3 would not scan.  Turned out there was 100’s like that. It was the year of the Manchester bombing and it was  chaos outside with security. Eventually someone from the office  came out with other tickets just so they could get in. 

7 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Something not right 

Maybe those fans who bought  your seats,decided to sit elsewhere.

Diadora Van Basten

I tried to get in with a random bit of paper I picked up in the office. My tickets had printed two sided on the one page and I just picked up two bits of paper.

8 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

Just a thought, if you'd arrived at 17:05 you wouldn't have missed the first 15 mins. Absolutely shambolic pre match preparations on your behalf, no ?

31 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Just a thought, if you'd arrived at 17:05 you wouldn't have missed the first 15 mins. Absolutely shambolic pre match preparations on your behalf, no ?

Bit harsh - he said he bought tickets from the club ticket office and they supplied ones without a barcode. Even if he had turned up with 25 mins to go, there was a big queue for the ticket office anyway. 

The Internet

Sounds like the ticket office made a mistake and if someone had looked at the tickets before arriving at the ground it would've been discovered and rectified long before kick off? 

Libertarian
9 hours ago, 132goals1958 said:

We went into the ground through the Wheatfield entrance 45 minutes early with tickets I printed off in my office. The turnstile operators were having problems scanning the barcodes at that time. We managed to get in okay but there was obviously a problem with the scanners at that time. It's ridiculous that you had to miss the first 15 minutes. Can you imagine what would have happened if it had been a sell out 

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Sounds like the ticket office made a mistake and if someone had looked at the tickets before arriving at the ground it would've been discovered and rectified long before kick off? 

If I got a ticket directly from the club TO and it didn’t have a barcode I wouldn’t have thought it’d be an issue. You’d expect them to get such a simple task of handing over a valid ticket correctly...

The Internet
1 minute ago, kila said:

If I got a ticket directly from the club TO and it didn’t have a barcode I wouldn’t have thought it’d be an issue. You’d expect them to get such a simple task of handing over a valid ticket correctly...

If I got a ticket without a barcode I'd assume it would be an issue since you can only get in by scanning that barcode. 

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

If I got a ticket without a barcode I'd assume it would be an issue since you can only get in by scanning that barcode. 

For the new stand. Wheatfield still has human operators who look at it so not unreasonable to assume will be OK.

Maybe Hearts need to put a sign up in the TO saying “if we give you a ticket without a barcode tell us because we aren’t bothering to do things correctly”

🤷‍♂️

The Internet
Just now, kila said:

For the new stand. Wheatfield still has human operators who look at it so not unreasonable to assume will be OK.

Maybe Hearts need to put a sign up in the TO saying “if we give you a ticket without a barcode tell us because we aren’t bothering to do things correctly”

🤷‍♂️

The humans still scan the barcode and aren't going to just let you in if it's not there :lol: like I said, mistake from the ticket office, one I don't imagine happens very often, could've been sorted if someone had just looked at the ticket. 

A bit off topic but just after I'd picked up my ticket yesterday afternoon I met a young couple from Cologne outside the main stand (Cologne ST holders) who are in Edinburgh until Monday. They knew about Daniel but couldn't buy tickets due to no previous history. Managed to get them 2 tickets for the main stand; hope they enjoyed the game.

Hot since 86

A 70 odd year old Hearts fan gets given duff tickets from TO and the response is to blame him?

weird.

Feel your pain OP, I’ve had issues with both the club shop and TO this season. Hopefully the club can start to improve in this area too.

If it’s any consolation, as mentioned earlier first 15 was probably the quietest part of the game.

10 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Something not right 

People bought them and moved

10 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Something not right 

Yep, we had the same problem. Complete coCk up. 

scott herbertson

I was raging at the Killie game as my son got in with his printed ticket but i was refused entry with my season - missed the whole first half and complained via e mail on the monday when i got home to Birnam.

Red face when it was pointed out I tried to get in with last year's season ticket.......

Tommy Brown
10 hours ago, Independence said:

Eh?

I think is moan is justified.

132goals1958
11 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

A 70 odd year old Hearts fan gets given duff tickets from TO and the response is to blame him?

weird.

Feel your pain OP, I’ve had issues with both the club shop and TO this season. Hopefully the club can start to improve in this area too.

If it’s any consolation, as mentioned earlier first 15 was probably the quietest part of the game.

Thanks mate. A couple of the comments on here only confirm there are ignoramuses in all walks of life. Not that I have to justify myself to them but there was compelling circumstances which prevented me from being in the ground 25 minutes early as some half wit has suggested.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, JWL said:

A bit off topic but just after I'd picked up my ticket yesterday afternoon I met a young couple from Cologne outside the main stand (Cologne ST holders) who are in Edinburgh until Monday. They knew about Daniel but couldn't buy tickets due to no previous history. Managed to get them 2 tickets for the main stand; hope they enjoyed the game.

Common sense goes out the window.

Could have been Cologne Rule Brittania Rangers SC members.

Jambo 4 Ever
1 hour ago, Hot since 86 said:

weird.

I think the shop and ticket staff need some customer service training tbh.

a lot of them take the fans for granted 

been here before
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

I think the shop and ticket staff need some customer service training tbh.

a lot of them take the fans for granted 

Thats when your post became unbelievable.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

I was raging at the Killie game as my son got in with his printed ticket but i was refused entry with my season - missed the whole first half and complained via e mail on the monday when i got home to Birnam.

Red face when it was pointed out I tried to get in with last year's season ticket.......

😂😂😂😂

Natural orders, once again you need to worry about your own team a bit more, such as dynamic pricing from auld Ron

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

😂😂😂😂

Not as bad as the red face I got earlier this season, when I offered the guy on the turnstile my buss pass instead of my season ticket. On another occasion,  I offered my Costa Coffee card instead of season ticket, easy mistake to make given the similar colourings.