Is it an honour to play for Vlad?

H.A.N.S

From what I can conclude Pinilla's deal hadn't been signed on the dotted line and Vlad wanted to slash the original deal by 75%.

I was spekaing to John Colqhoun about Vlad and he was telling me that is exactly have Stevie Hughes didn't sign for us. Terms agreed and medical done for Vlad to only offer 40% of what was agreed. Does this bandit think folk are walking over hot coals to play for HIM no matter the wage?

alwaysthereinspirit

Vlad is mad.

Wonder what would happen if you took a morgage out with his bank and decided not to pay the monthly payments as agreed.

Vlad is mad.

Wonder what would happen if you took a morgage out with his bank and decided not to pay the monthly payments as agreed.

You decide your 200k mortgage is in fact only worth 50k, would he say that's fine just pay the 50k ;)

I dont think thats quite how it is.

Pinilla woulda got his money - IF he supplied the goods.

Fair shout by Vlad.

Vlad is right - the orignal deal offered was double his original wage. If this was reduced by 75%, then his wage is only fropping by 50% from what he was on previosuly, which is still a lot, but given how often he paid, the wage is still generous.

I think Hearts are looking to move more to bonuses with them beeing higher and wages less - Mercer operated a similair idea in the 86 season, with bonuses accumulating as games were won - it proved to be successful.

With Pinilla, and perhaps others, I believe this is what he wants - so it is not as simple as players wages being slashed as reported - I think - and I feel this is the way to go, for all players.

Pinilla had signed the deal but there was a clause in the contract where Vlad could pull it by the 30th of June. He tried to change the 4k a week plus alot of bonuses to a lesser amount.

I personally and obviously bias think that we have missed the boat with him as he is in the best physical condition he has been in because of the pre pre-season in Lithuania. He is about 3 stone heavier (with muscle) from when he had the problem with his wrist and he was skinny as hell when I met him.

For anyone that cares, he is taking his flag away with him :) He really did want to stay and play but the decision was out his hands really seeing as he had already agreed a deal so there was no need for it to change.

I hope whoever he signs for that he scores a bucket load of goals to show what we could of had.

It doesnt matter anyway we dont need Mauricio, we had Gary Glen and Scott Robinson to play up from all season seeing as Elliot and Nade want away. Oh and Juho.

I think a lot of people have forgotten about Vlad's plan to introduce performance related pay where the basic wage would be pretty standard but the bonuses were pretty generous.

This isn't a sudden announcement, he said it months ago

Pinilla had signed the deal but there was a clause in the contract where Vlad could pull it by the 30th of June. He tried to change the 4k a week plus alot of bonuses to a lesser amount.

I personally and obviously bias think that we have missed the boat with him as he is in the best physical condition he has been in because of the pre pre-season in Lithuania. He is about 3 stone heavier (with muscle) from when he had the problem with his wrist and he was skinny as hell when I met him.

For anyone that cares, he is taking his flag away with him :) He really did want to stay and play but the decision was out his hands really seeing as he had already agreed a deal so there was no need for it to change.

I hope whoever he signs for that he scores a bucket load of goals to show what we could of had.

It doesnt matter anyway we dont need Mauricio, we had Gary Glen and Scott Robinson to play up from all season seeing as Elliot and Nade want away. Oh and Juho.

If Pinilla had ANY confidence in his ability to start supplying the goals he's been paid for for the last couple of years he'd have signed in an instant as even on an lower basic wage, he'd still ahve been quids in by the time all the bonuses and what have you came in to play.

The fact he wasnt keen to sign is nothign other than an admittance on his part that he WOULDNT deliver and WOULDNT be the saviour he's made out to be.

If Pinilla had ANY confidence in his ability to start supplying the goals he's been paid for for the last couple of years he'd have signed in an instant as even on an lower basic wage, he'd still ahve been quids in by the time all the bonuses and what have you came in to play.

The fact he wasnt keen to sign is nothign other than an admittance on his part that he WOULDNT deliver and WOULDNT be the saviour he's made out to be.

He took an 8k wage drop in his basic salary. That says alot in my opinion. Its typical of Vlad though to agree something then when there is 2/3 days before it is concrete for him to change his mind.

Only time will tell whether he would of been good this season. I think he would of and we will see when he signs for his new club. Who's to say he would of played well for Hearts this season anyway.

He needs a manager to keep him in check as with alot of good players. Seeing as that doesnt look like its happening it would not have mattered anyway!

Good luck Mauricio

Nah I'm sorry

You dont go into new negotiations with an employer only for them to be reduced by 75%at the last minute and then still sign up.

None of you would so why should anyone else?

Anyway, as I have said elsewhere no matter what you think about Pinilla - this contract "negotiation" technique is employed by Hearts with other people, and the Hughes reference above proves my point

None of you would accept being treated in such a manner so I dont know why it is any different for other people

Its poor business practice - which Hearts seem to be top notch at - changing deals at the last minute

It essentially tries to take advantage of players getting excited about a good deal, rejecting other offers, and then, when Vlad hopes they are in a corner with no other options he pulls the verbal offer making a lower one in the hope that by that stage the player is forced to accept the new deal

Shabby.

He took an 8k wage drop in his basic salary.

An 8k drop that he could of earned back easily if he had ANY intentions on making true his promise of having a debt to hearts and wanting to succeed.

The 8k drop would be made up in bonuses quite easily if he had a decent run in the team, kept himself in good shape and started banging in the goals.

Given his past - i dont think this is an unreasonable arrangment. Damn sure i wouldnt wanna keep forking out 12k on someone who "might" play 2-3 games a season.

Good riddance.

An 8k drop that he could of earned back easily if he had ANY intentions on making true his promise of having a debt to hearts and wanting to succeed.

The 8k drop would be made up in bonuses quite easily if he had a decent run in the team, kept himself in good shape and started banging in the goals.

Given his past - i dont think this is an unreasonable arrangment. Damn sure i wouldnt wanna keep forking out 12k on someone who "might" play 2-3 games a season.

Good riddance.

I don't think you quite get it. As far as I can see he had AGREED to the ?8k drop, so basic would now be ?4k with bonuses on top. Seems Romanov wanted to switch that down further, possibly to just ?4k with no bonuses? Either way a deal had been agreed and Romanov wanted to knock it down further at the last moment. I'd have to him to **** right off too.

Pinilla's not stupid, he's in bloody good shape and raring to go. He can walk to the continent, big up a far better contract and start playing, all thanks to Hearts for getting him ready.

And all to the stupidity of Hearts for letting him walk away for free now it looks like he can actually deliver. Even if they don't want him. SELL HIM!!

Romanov dropped the ball AGAIN here.

I don't think you quite get it. As far as I can see he had AGREED to the ?8k drop, so basic would now be ?4k with bonuses on top. Seems Romanov wanted to switch that down further, possibly to just ?4k with no bonuses? Either way a deal had been agreed and Romanov wanted to knock it down further at the last moment. I'd have to him to **** right off too.

Pinilla's not stupid, he's in bloody good shape and raring to go. He can walk to the continent, big up a far better contract and start playing, all thanks to Hearts for getting him ready.

And all to the stupidity of Hearts for letting him walk away for free now it looks like he can actually deliver. Even if they don't want him. SELL HIM!!

Romanov dropped the ball AGAIN here.

Glad you thought that aswell.

You are totally right btw in regards to him agreeing to the drop.

Could of kept him for a season, he does well and sell to recoup and possibly make a profit out of him but nah we cut loose a fit player :D

Imeantasong

The fitness coach bit seemed a bit tough too.

Maybe if they were a she he'd have gone along with it.

You can't really expect ANYBODY to take a 75% drop from what was previously negotiated. If Vlad didn't want to pay what was negotiated with Pinilla initially, he shouldn't have negotiated it.

What we think of Pinilla as a player is actually not relevant here, it's up to Hearts to decide how much they are willing to pay him and if they want to keep him then work from that basis. What you don't do is mess about agreeing to deals to change them just before someone signs it.

You can't really expect ANYBODY to take a 75% drop from what was previously negotiated. If Vlad didn't want to pay what was negotiated with Pinilla initially, he shouldn't have negotiated it.

What we think of Pinilla as a player is actually not relevant here, it's up to Hearts to decide how much they are willing to pay him and if they want to keep him then work from that basis. What you don't do is mess about agreeing to deals to change them just before someone signs it.

Agree, they should've offered him a basic wage(especially if he was out injured) and given him an excellent bonus if he produced the goods, if not, he could've been put up for transfer next year and we might've made a bit of decent money from him at least. I certainly wouldn't agree to a figure then find i'm going to be 75% down on my wage, that's just NOT how it's done. It's a shame though, would've loved seeing how good a player he could be now that he's actually fit for a change! Somone else'll benefit now!

It's not even that he's left, i mean he might have played and done well but it's only "might have" I don't really disagree with them wanting to get rid of him but it's just wierd after they tried (or appeared to) try hard to give him the chance to stay.

It's more the frustration of Vlad appearing to be totally inept and unrealistic over what he can do as a manager. Doesn't he realize that players these days are just like employees, they don't "play for the badge" or because they love the club, they play to earn the money and play to reach the big clubs, the man utd's and Arsenals. They will only do what is right for them and I don't think anybody can blame them, it's what we'd all do in the same position.

So why on earth does he play tricks like cutting the wages at the last minute, threatning players with being benched for the whole season etc, it only damages Hearts in the long run, does he think that Hearts are a huge big carrot and players will do anything to be here? If players have other decent options then they will not care.

Archived