combo74

Could relegation be liberating?

Ex member of the SaS

If and I hope we don't go down then Levein should refund the club for lost revenue. He's the one who caused it and he should be held responsible for any lost finances.

Ok maybe not but it would go some way to getting the fans off his back.

Forever Hearts
43 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Thats the old too big to be relegated attitude that many of our players are sharing and look where thats got us.

A unique set of circumstances this season see us where we are. An owner who put too much faith in a 5 year plan that failed when Cathro was put into place, and out too much faith in the man who made the plan. A horrendous error of judgement that Ann is living to regret.

The delay in bringing in a new guy created an even more toxic dressing room and we are still seeing key players underperform for the new guy. I like Stendel but fear he may be forced out the door if we go down. I'd like him to stay no matter our league and give him a full year to show us he's no mug.

Spin it any way you like, a club like Hearts should not be playing in the Championship. 

wavydavy
4 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

If we get relegated the first out the door should be AB for overseeing this shambles!!

I have a feeling that she may well have something lined up to allow her to leave despite her saying that she will stay on.

I think that is partly why FOH are eager to get the voting percentages changed so the change can be implemented.

I should hasten to add this is just my opinion I have no facts to back this up, just a gut feeling.

luckydug
10 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

8000 is less than 10000? You’re arguing about nothing. My prediction is that we will see a substantial drop in FOH subs and season ticket sales. I’ve given my estimated drop offs. I’m pretty sure I won’t be far off. You’ve nothing to pick me up for. You’ve just left yourself open to looking like a tit if we do lose 25-50% FOH subs and we have sell less than 10k season tickets. Not sure why you are getting worked up about it. 

There is every chance these things could happen even if we stay up. 

I'm actually more worried about the ST sales as I feel many people 

David McCaig
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The down side of this for me  ( no pun intended) is that if we are relegated what does AB do in terms of a Manager?

Does she stick by Stendel?  If she does then he is going to want to have a complete clear-out of the crap that CL signed and bring in his own players.

If she does this then it is no different to what CL has been doing for the last three seasons. Shipping out one load of players to be replaced by another load of players without knowing if the new lot will be any better.

Stendel has shown that either he cannot or will not change his style of play and if he does get to bring in the players he wants then his system might allow us to be promoted but will it keep us in the top division.

Lets face it the opposition didn't exactly take long to work out how to score against us and so far Stendel hasn't worked out how to stop this from happening preferring to put the blame on individual errors.

He may be correct but how do you stop players from making these errors? I would say that these are happening because the players we have are not convinced about our style of play and feel uncomfortable which in my opinion is why they are making these mistakes.

It is about a lack of confidence and a refusal or inability to adjust our style. If we don'r improve and stop leaking the goals then I just can't see anything but relegation.

Although I was happy to see the back of CL from the Manager's job and it was refreshing to see someone like Stendel coming in so far it looks as if we are going out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I think if Stendel persists with his current style and refuses to adjust it then AB has no alternative but to sack Stendel and bring in a proper tried and tested Manager who can chamge tactics to suit so long as she doesn't come out with the line, I have searched high and low and discovered we have the very man working here already!!!!!

Levein 3 - The Liberator!!

We_are_the_Hearts
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I have a feeling that she may well have something lined up to allow her to leave despite her saying that she will stay on.

I think that is partly why FOH are eager to get the voting percentages changed so the change can be implemented.

I should hasten to add this is just my opinion I have no facts to back this up, just a gut feeling.

I really hope you are right

Ethan Hunt
11 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I agree, we will be looking at a massive drop in season ticket sales. I also think we might see anything from 25-50% of FOH subscribers cancelling their DD. The Championship is really poor now and having no Edinburgh Derby, no Old Firm and no Aberdeen games would kill us financially.

Why would 25-50% of FOH subscribers cancel their direct debit? Why would anyone cancel their DD if we go down? Do they not want the club to come back up? Be as financially stable as possible? 

FOH subscribers are the hard core of our support. They are not going to give up in those numbers, absolutely no way.

Scaremongering of the highest order. 

Mr Elwood P
21 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Why would 25-50% of FOH subscribers cancel their direct debit? Why would anyone cancel their DD if we go down? Do they not want the club to come back up? Be as financially stable as possible? 

FOH subscribers are the hard core of our support. They are not going to give up in those numbers, absolutely no way.

We’ve lost a number of FOH subscribers just due to poor form and anti Levein / Budge sentiment. Relegation combined with the realisation of fan ownership will see a significant drop in subscribers. I believe that 25% + is very realistic.

deejtee
29 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

As someone who subscribed to save the club, and has now retired, the huge letdown of relegation when continuing to pay to increase our ability to challenge would certainly push me to look at priorities for my pension/savings and I feel plenty others would be having the same thoughts. Any guess of the % would be just that.

We_are_the_Hearts

If Budge is allowed to relegate us and still have the gig then they can forget my subscription

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

If Budge is allowed to relegate us and still have the gig then they can forget my subscription

I would keep mine but I'd try and get enough people together to call an EGM and force out the FoH leadership if they didn't remove Budge in these circumstances.

Sir Gio
1 minute ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I think Budge and Levein will walk away at the end of the season.

Business world likes predictability and stability, difficult for any football club, strategically not a great idea for her to suggest she will walk, even if it looks most likely outcome.

Which division we play in will depend on future investments and incomes, and really why everyone needs to stick together to stave this off. Likely set us back at least 3 years, but possibly 5-10 depending on how long the malaise continues. Or alternatively we stay up and the investors waiting in the wings, build significantly upon the very decent infrastructure.

The bewilderment of this season for me, we have never been better placed to challenge, yet we pedal backwards at a furious rate.

One redeeming factor of Scottish football, this year you see very little difference between teams in 3rd to 12th, when you do get things right you will shoot up quite quickly, teams on limited budgets can succeed.

It won't be terminal, but it will be a bitter pill to swallow for some time to come.

HardcoreJambo

No. There are no benefits whatsoever. In fact it set us back years.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Spin it any way you like, a club like Hearts should not be playing in the Championship. 

No we shouldnt. No spin at all. It will be a disgrace if we go down with the funding and assets at our disposal.

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, HardcoreJambo said:

No. There are no benefits whatsoever. In fact it set us back years.

Levein appointing cathro set us back years, levein appointing himself set us back, levein staying after the Livingston debacle set us back, levein staying after the cup final set us back.

Getting rid of him will be the biggest step forward in 5 years, no matter the league we find ourselves in.

Edited by Jambof3tornado

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, deejtee said:

As someone who subscribed to save the club, and has now retired, the huge letdown of relegation when continuing to pay to increase our ability to challenge would certainly push me to look at priorities for my pension/savings and I feel plenty others would be having the same thoughts. Any guess of the % would be just that.

If your financial position has changed then I fully appreciate that you might have to reconsider your pledge, whether that be be ending it or lowering it.

To end a pledge simply because of relegation seems like the wrong reason for me. 

If anybody ends their pledge to ‘make a point’, likewise, the wrong reason in my opinion.

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We’ve lost a number of FOH subscribers just due to poor form and anti Levein / Budge sentiment. Relegation combined with the realisation of fan ownership will see a significant drop in subscribers. I believe that 25% + is very realistic.

So the fans who wanted fan ownership will abandon the organisation they now ‘own’.  Aye, that makes sense.  

The clue is pretty much in the title, fan ownership. The realisation of fan ownership is the major reason for continuing with pledges. No longer is the money being paid back to anyone, the funds can go straight into the club. 

Anyone who cancels a pledge pledge due to poor form, a dislike of an employee, or relegation, just doesn’t get it as far as I’m concerned. 

Leveins Battalion
1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Even if we avoid the drop and she stays anywhere near HMFC I will cancelling mine!!

Stand apart her tenure has been disastrous....

Cruickshank for Scotland
13 hours ago, combo74 said:

Playing devil’s advocate here...

Could relegation be liberating and allow the club to reboot?

Not being defeatist, however it feels like the last 2-3 years has been full of negatively; constant criticism of the management team, the players and Ann Budge. It feels like this squad is broken...decent players on paper, but not showing any fight or will to win. On top of that we have a fan base who feel scunnered and on the cusp of imploding.

Would relegation allow us to jettison poor performing players, sign fresh players less tarnished and allow the fans to get behind a fresh team that wins games and score goals.

I genuinely enjoyed liberation of the last championship season, however we went into it in a much more positive manner...would Champ 2020/21 feel the same?

It would be a massive embarrassment, cause total unrest with the fans and be a financial disaster!

Think that covers it!

Forever Hearts
12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Even if we avoid the drop and she stays anywhere near HMFC I will cancelling mine!!

Stand apart her tenure has been disastrous....

And even the stand wasn't without its issues. 

alwaysthereinspirit

No!!!

jamboiain13
13 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

How can you possibly say up to 50% of FOH direct debits would be cancelled, ludicrous thing to say.

we could be in the bottom tier of Scottish football and I would still keep my pledge running, possibly even increase it.  FOH is a pledge for life commitment not a cancel whenever my team is playing 5h1te.

kila

Staying in the top flight and having a clean sweep of Levein and his chums in the summer will be liberating.

August Landmesser
14 hours ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

Stendal won't be the manager next season.

Stendel might be though.

glynnlondon
2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If AB is still in charge with the support of FOH  I'd certainly be considering their competence

loveofthegame
14 hours ago, combo74 said:

Playing devil’s advocate here...

Could relegation be liberating and allow the club to reboot?

We only ****ing rebooted 5 years ago FFS.

Debut 4

No, we should be fighting tooth and nail to stay up.  

As other times in our history have shown, a pre season of change can reverse fortunes very quickly. 

We shouldn’t give in , shrug the shoulders and think going down is water off a duck’s back. We could end up with a mediocre period in our history that could easily stretch to a decade if we don’t sort ourselves out. 

The seasons of regular top 3 finishes, Europe, enjoying watching decent sides, dominating the derby are disappearing more into the distance with every passing season and becoming a fond memory. 

It’s shocking. 

Leveins Battalion

The chance for liberation was getting rid of Levein and MacPhee and the recruitment team and bringing a young motivated manager who knows the league like Gary Holt,Robinson or dare I say it Jack Ross.

Instead they are still all on the payroll and the toxic element at the club persists.

Stendel is a good scapegoat for Budge and Levein though,I can already see the end of season review.....

loveofthegame
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

IF we are relegated and there are no changes at the top, I will remove my "lifetime" contribution at the point that we take on ownership of the club until such time that there are changes at the top.

Sick of backing this incompetent regime.

i8hibsh
1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

I was on her train for the first 2 years.  Worshipped the ground she walked on.  Met her in Estonia at the Hearts game and at an airport months before.  Then gradually I started to see things I felt were out of place.  I saw us spening more and more on luxuries like a team full of girls and innovation centres for kids and I started to question.  Results went into freefall and all I would see her is smile or cosey up with Hibs.

Then of course there was her “Hearts and Hibs compete in Europe” and “genuine fans” slap in the teeth statements.  When she is not doing missionary work in the name of herself and the club she is trying to socially cleanse our fanbase and dot fluffy cushions and pot pouri around the stadium it became apparent that she simply does not give the slightest **** about being a winning football team.

The ridiculous sponsorship deal with ‘Save the Children’ her gross negligence over team failures, her abysmal project management with the stand and her opening the doors, hanging our dirty laundry our for all to see so she will come out looking laundered makes me sick.

My name is on the foundation t-shirt and I subscribed for about 3 ½ years.  I’d now sooner give away my hard earned money to an obvious beggar on the street than let her loose with 1p of my hard earned fruit.

The second she leaves and takes the 2 bad smells with her is when I can start to help fund the club again.

Edited by i8hibsh

Mr Elwood P
46 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So the fans who wanted fan ownership will abandon the organisation they now ‘own’.  Aye, that makes sense.  

The clue is pretty much in the title, fan ownership. The realisation of fan ownership is the major reason for continuing with pledges. No longer is the money being paid back to anyone, the funds can go straight into the club. 

Anyone who cancels a pledge pledge due to poor form, a dislike of an employee, or relegation, just doesn’t get it as far as I’m concerned. 

I think you confuse fan owned with fan run. As other posters are suggesting, if we are relegated, fans will naturally consider whether or not their money is being spent correctly.

combo74
24 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

We only ****ing rebooted 5 years ago FFS.

We did...and from a footballing perspective we seem to be in a much poorer shape now and have been in what feels like a terminal decline for 3 years.

Obviously I don’t want relegation, but just trying to gauge whether there could be some sort of positive outcome if the worst was to happen.

Its all very well people saying a club of our stature shouldn’t go down, however that doesn’t get away from the fact that it’s close to happening, without a huge turnaround in our fortunes. If we do go down it won’t be bad luck, it will be absolutely deserved. 

Edited by combo74

Cruyff

No, it would cost us an absolute fortune. It would be a disaster. 

Boab
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I think you confuse fan owned with fan run. As other posters are suggesting, if we are relegated, fans will naturally consider whether or not their money is being spent correctly.

I don’t think he is confusing anything.
It was never going to be fan run. Never.

The FOH laid out, plainly, what was going to happen.

People are entitled to continue or cancel as they see fit but, as we all know, we were/are not going to run anything.

That is always going to be the board, which will be represented by FOH.

This is not news of course. 

Ethan Hunt
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I am not confusing anything. FOH contributors will have every right to consider whether there money is being spent correctly. Common sense dictates that that consideration should also be given after the fan ownership has taken place and FOH have far greater accountability in the whole decision making process of who is employed to run the club, and what money is spent on.

You’re picking figures out of thin air with no basis other than guesswork or a personal agenda for the figures you suggest.

Scaremongering and spreading negativity seems to be your only contribution to JKB.

Some people support Hearts (not necessarily every aspect) whilst others detract and criticise at every turn. Between slagging off Stendel, Budge, pulling negative figures out the air and pissing on people’s strawberries at the merest hint of positivity, you are the biggest Hearts detractor I have every come across.

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, Boab said:

I don’t think he is confusing anything.
It was never going to be fan run. Never.

The FOH laid out, plainly, what was going to happen.

People are entitled to continue or cancel as they see fit but, as we all know, we were/are not going to run anything.

That is always going to be the board, which will be represented by FOH.

This is not news of course. 

Plenty folk confuse the two.

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I am not confusing anything. FOH contributors will have every right to consider whether there money is being spent correctly. Common sense dictates that that consideration should also be given after the fan ownership has taken place and FOH have far greater accountability in the whole decision making process of who is employed to run the club, and what money is spent on.

You’re picking figures out of thin air with no basis other than guesswork or a personal agenda for the figures you suggest.

Scaremongering and spreading negativity seems to be your only contribution to JKB.

Some people support Hearts (not necessarily every aspect) whilst others detract and criticise at every turn. Between slagging off Stendel, Budge, pulling negative figures out the air and pissing on people’s strawberries at the merest hint of positivity, you are the biggest Hearts detractor I have every come across.

You fail to distinguish Hearts from Daniel Stendel. I have never been overly negative about Hearts. I suggested in December that Stendel’s appointment wasn’t working. Thus far no evidence contradicts this assertion. Being wildly optimistic about season ticket sales and FOH subs, post potential relegation, doesn’t make you more of a PHM, it simply makes you less of a realist. To consider me ‘the biggest Hearts defector,’ shows that you’re clearly not paying enough attention!

Boab

You fail to distinguish Hearts from Daniel Stendel. I have never been overly negative about Hearts. I suggested in December that Stendel’s appointment wasn’t working. Thus far no evidence contradicts this assertion. Being wildly optimistic about season ticket sales and FOH subs, post potential relegation, doesn’t make you more of a PHM, it simply makes you less of a realist. To consider me ‘the biggest Hearts defector,’ shows that you’re clearly not paying enough attention!

I agree that there is still a confusion regarding our ownership in the future.

I won’t tell people how to spend their hard earned but removing it because of a shit season is not for me.

Ethan Hunt

22 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Nice try in trying to turn it around!!

I’m not being widely optimistic, in fact I haven’t even quoted a figure, it’s pointless because it would simply be guesswork.  You on the other hand are being wildly pessimistic about season ticket sales, FOH contributions, etc, based on absolutely zero. Quoting figures of 25-50% reduction in FOH contributions, based on what? No facts, just your pessimistic view. What exactly makes your depressive view of things should we be relegated the more realistic? 

Oh, and I have been paying attention. You are the biggest Hearts detractor. I base that on the premise that I’m prepared to believe that you are actually a Hearts fan (someone once saw you at Tynecastle after all). The other detractors are hibbys, trolls, or simply half wits who support other teams and have too much time on their hands.

Given you’ve taken user name from a film character who gets drunk and talks to a 6ft invisible rabbit It may suggest where your thought process comes from.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Mr Elwood P
12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Nice try in trying to turn it around!!

I’m not being widely optimistic, in fact I haven’t even quoted a figure, it’s pointless because it would simply be guesswork.  You on the other hand are being wildly pessimistic about season ticket sales, FOH contributions, etc, based on absolutely zero. Quoting figures of 25-50% reduction in FOH contributions, based on what? No facts, just your pessimistic view. What exactly makes your depressive view of things should we be relegated the more realistic? 

Oh, and I have been paying attention. You are the biggest Hearts detractor. I base that on the premise that I’m prepared to believe that you are actually a Hearts fan (someone once saw you at Tynecastle after all). The other detractors are hibbys, trolls, or simply half wits who support other teams and have too much time on their hands.

Given you’ve taken user name from a film character who gets drunk and talks to a 6ft invisible rabbit It may suggest where your thought process comes from.

How would you provide facts, to support an argument, for an event that hasn’t taken place?

You are being optimistic, simply by arguing that we won’t have less than 10k season ticket sales, you are arguing that we will have more. Look at ticket sales for Saturday, the fans have had enough.

wavydavy
2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I would keep mine but I'd try and get enough people together to call an EGM and force out the FoH leadership if they didn't remove Budge in these circumstances.

The thing to remember when doing things such as this is to have alternative suitable Candidates lined up and ready to be elected.

wavydavy
2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Levein appointing cathro set us back years, levein appointing himself set us back, levein staying after the Livingston debacle set us back, levein staying after the cup final set us back.

Getting rid of him will be the biggest step forward in 5 years, no matter the league we find ourselves in.

Yes and some poor sod still has to try and get rid of his crap signings on long term deals such as Damour.

wavydavy
1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I agree with a lot of your argument however the one thing that AB does not get is discontent among the fans she only pays heed when the money stops coming in.

Ethan Hunt
55 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I agree with a lot of your argument however the one thing that AB does not get is discontent among the fans she only pays heed when the money stops coming in.

When fan ownership is complete if - and that is a big if - AB is still in post she will be an employee of the club. Like every employee she can be relieved of her duties if she doesn’t perform.

Ethan Hunt
1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

How would you provide facts, to support an argument, for an event that hasn’t taken place?

You are being optimistic, simply by arguing that we won’t have less than 10k season ticket sales, you are arguing that we will have more. Look at ticket sales for Saturday, the fans have had enough.

You wouldn’t have facts!!! hence your whole argument is based purely on your personal opinion, an opinion which, as we’ve seen from your posts, is an entirely pessimistic one. Someone challenging your overly pessimistic view doesn’t necessarily make that person optimistic. If fact you could argue they are pessimistic, just less pessimistic than you.

Let’s see what happens before spreading depressive nonsense. It’s doom and gloom merchants like you the already have us relegated. Exactly the type of attitude that will have us relegated.

I’ll continue to support Heart of Midlothian whether that be in the Premier League or the Championship. If some only want to support the Premier League Heart of Midlothian I’ll leave that to them (and given your views I’d expect you to be one of them). I support Hearts wherever they are.

Now away and stick a Smiths album on and cheer yourself up a bit. Go on, knock yourself out.

wavydavy
27 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

When fan ownership is complete if - and that is a big if - AB is still in post she will be an employee of the club. Like every employee she can be relieved of her duties if she doesn’t perform.

As I unerstand it she will still have a seat on the board as will all the others who currently sit there.

FOH will only have two representatives on the Board not enough to remove her without the others backing them which is unlikely.

Mr Elwood P
28 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You wouldn’t have facts!!! hence your whole argument is based purely on your personal opinion, an opinion which, as we’ve seen from your posts, is an entirely pessimistic one. Someone challenging your overly pessimistic view doesn’t necessarily make that person optimistic. If fact you could argue they are pessimistic, just less pessimistic than you.

Let’s see what happens before spreading depressive nonsense. It’s doom and gloom merchants like you the already have us relegated. Exactly the type of attitude that will have us relegated.

I’ll continue to support Heart of Midlothian whether that be in the Premier League or the Championship. If some only want to support the Premier League Heart of Midlothian I’ll leave that to them (and given your views I’d expect you to be one of them). I support Hearts wherever they are.

Now away and stick a Smiths album on and cheer yourself up a bit. Go on, knock yourself out.

You undermine any validity, your argument may have held, with that childish nonsense at the end. Quite happy to continue this conversation, it the worst occurs. 

Boab

You undermine any validity, your argument may have held, with that childish nonsense at the end. Quite happy to continue this conversation, it the worst occurs. 

Well, it will re-surface when next season’s ST threads kick off.

Let’s see how it pans out then.....!

Jamhammer

I don't want to be relegated, but If we are relegated I will renew my season ticket. I will continue to contribute to FOH and I'll go to all the home games I can. It won't be liberating but I'd be absolutely staggered if Levein, MacPhee or anyone responsible other than Stendel were to still be employed by the club. We'll likely lose the players who got us relegated. **** em all. Mrs Budge will step down regardless so there will be wholesale change.

I hope this happens when we're in the Premier League but if we go down so be it. We re-organise and we come back. It's in the club song.

I'm part of the problem though.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Yes and some poor sod still has to try and get rid of his crap signings on long term deals such as Damour.

And add up the money wasted on vaneceks, wightons etc etc.

Its no wonder we are where we are.

wavydavy
4 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

And add up the money wasted on vaneceks, wightons etc etc.

Its no wonder we are where we are.

I know it is so sad to see all because of blind faith by AB.