Jim Jefferies on Open Goal

chazza74

Nucky Thompson

I loved his time at Hearts but best to leave it in the past. No way should he be considered for Sporting director.

We've already been burned by looking to the past when we hired  CL

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marvin

• Unknown user

• Салатные палочки

• BelgeJambo

The Apprentice
41 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Thats what I recall. Jim's choice would have been much much worse. Can't remember who he wanted though.

Tony Capaldi rings a bell but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That was over 20 years ago ... Would JJ have the contacts in 2020 to help build the dynamic attacking Hearts team that the fans demand?

Loads of contacts. 

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

He says that we had a wage budget of 9 millon which put us in administration. 

What's our wage budget just now? 

Nowhere near £9m, I can guarantee you that.

Just now, DG_HMFC said:

Nowhere near £9m, I can guarantee you that.

I'm sure i heard Allan Preston say it was 9 million a couple of weeks ago. 

(not that he has a habit of being correct) 

Just now, Space Pirate said:

Allan Preston hasn't got a clue what he's on about, no danger it's £9m.

39 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

38 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Allan Preston hasn't got a clue what he's on about, no danger it's £9m.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-hibs-release-wages-turnover-16347429.amp

Higher than what I would have thought 

Really really enjoyed that one. 

I pray before he kicks the bucket that he writes that book on the romanov era. 

Please Jim. 

Sorry.  I watched this before the st Mirren disaster this morning and found it pretty tedious.  Point being, I was in a much happier frame of mind at time of viewing.

Ferry always get a great story out of his guests.

Was it Gary Locke who came out with the Hearts fan who stayed with the players on his family holiday.

Unless you were born before 1980 you will never understand the emotion of 1998. 

To grow up knowing and also hearing about how long it has been since Hearts had won anything never mind the Scottish Cup was a huge thing. 

Before Gretna, before 5-1, all we were left to do was dream. JJ brought those dreams to life.

Love JJ but was expecting a few more funny stories from this one. The Stan Collymore one was pretty funny but i was hoping for far more from his spells at Hearts. Wee bit disappointed. Hopefully he is saving them for that book.

5 hours ago, 77Mackay77 said:

To grow up knowing and also hearing about how long it has been since Hearts had won anything never mind the Scottish Cup was a huge thing. 

Before Gretna, before 5-1, all we were left to do was dream. JJ brought those dreams to life.

This. 

‘98 was sensational. 

Forever Hearts
47 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

Love JJ but was expecting a few more funny stories from this one. The Stan Collymore one was pretty funny but i was hoping for far more from his spells at Hearts. Wee bit disappointed. Hopefully he is saving them for that book.

Same. The basketball story aside I thought it was pretty mundane. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
21 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

Tony Capaldi rings a bell but I could be wrong.

Think you're right. Wallace was injured against Liechenstein and JJ wanted to use the SFA compensation for a LB. Obviously a sensible enough decision but glad that Mad Vlad prevailed and we got Rudi for a 2nd spell

2 hours ago, Flaps_98 said:

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Same. The basketball story aside I thought it was pretty mundane. 

Ach well, at least we can say it was still much better than most of the posts on Kickback.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was pretty heavily Hearts orientated.

I think nowadays with political correctness makes sure that a lot of the old stories have to stay in the bank.

On 24/02/2020 at 20:54, OTT said:

Wouldn't be against JJ taking up some sort of role within the club. TBH he should have been offered it when Levein came on board. Having another voice on the board could have helped us avoid the mess we're currently in. 

I think for DOF/ Sporting director, we should really be looking for someone who can modernise the footballing department. Someone of the Mark Wotte mould. JJ as some sort of non-executive director to help advise the board on footballing matters could be good. He's only 69 and looks to be in better health now. An advisory position is also not full time or anything so plenty time for family etc. 

Agree with this. Having him on the board as a non-exec director with responsibilities for the football side of things (liaison with manager/SD etc.). And having him in a more ambassador or adviser type role would help stabilise the club. 

30 minutes ago, grumpy rebus said:

Agree with this. Having him on the board as a non-exec director with responsibilities for the football side of things (liaison with manager/SD etc.). And having him in a more ambassador or adviser type role would help stabilise the club. 

I don't claim to know much about boardrooms, but doesn't having responsibilities outside board meetings make you executive? Genuine question, not within my sphere of knowledge at all!

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

I don't claim to know much about boardrooms, but doesn't having responsibilities outside board meetings make you executive? Genuine question, not within my sphere of knowledge at all!

Sorry, I worded my post badly (if I was a politician I would’ve mis-spoke 😂😂😂). I meant having no formal responsibilities, but being the liaison between the “business” board and the football side of the club. Also being able to advise the rest of the board on football related decisions. 

Still not sure I’ve expressed that well, but hopefully you get what I mean. 

I think Ann Budge could do herself and us all a favour by getting JJs advice on what’s wrong at Hearts right now. He built teams to win games, he knew exactly the type of player he wanted scouted them and brought them to the club. 

Imagine this place when he got rid of the likes of MacKay and then appointed Locky as captain! 

Салатные палочки
On 26/02/2020 at 02:42, 77Mackay77 said:

:spoton:

That feeling will never be beaten.