Jump to content
Longshanks

ICT - Keatings - new tribunal rescinds card

Recommended Posts

CJGJ
7 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I would imagine both. They can bang things of each other. Look at things from both sides. Then collectively come up with an agreed plan.

Thank goodness there are only 2 Andy Gorams…………….one more and he could have been a panel on his own

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

The questions continue.

 

Cowdenbeath are asking the SFA about another case heard by the same tribunal of 19 February. 

 

Red card appeal for our own Chris Hamilton which was dismissed. Cowdenbeath play tonight so see if anything happens today. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saint Jambo

Noticed a Hearts link to this story in the BBC Scottish Gossip:

"Cowdenbeath are seeking answers from the Scottish FA over Chris Hamilton's suspension after the defender's appeal was dismissed by the same judicial panel that "failed to implement its duties" in the James Keatings case. (Daily Mail, print edition)"

 

That is Chris Hamilton on loan from Hearts. So Rod Petrie intervenes on behalf of an ex-Hibs player but doesn't throw out the other decisions made by the same panel, which found against a Hearts player out on loan and in favour of a player sent off against Hearts who plays for our closest rivals for relegation. It's a conspiracy.

 

Joking aside, it really is unbelievable that the SFA didn't think that if a panel member was admitting not doing their job, as t the very least they have to throw out the decisions made that day by the same panel. I'd naively assumed that it must have been different panels. It being the same panel also makes the outcomes even more bizarre. The Hamilton hand against us being over turned was a very generous decision. While I think you can make a case it wasn't deliberate or wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity in both cases it is a case of interpretation and definitely wasn't a clear error by the ref/ linesman. Are we now saying the panel member looked at the evidence in the Hamilton handball case and the Chris Hamilton case but was maybe too sleepy by the time they got to the Keating's case. Also how can anyone look at the evidence I say the Hamilton handball was definitely the wrong call but the Keating's case was definitely the right call. Crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Agree that Jamie Hamilton was a red card. That certainly needs an explanation and the question arises whether they made reference to the laws of the game.

 

Or just felt sorry for a Scotland U19 player (off for a few days to Brighton to train) facing a 3 match ban due to being his third red card of season. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saint Jambo
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Agree that Jamie Hamilton was a red card. That certainly needs an explanation and the question arises whether they made reference to the laws of the game.

 

Or just felt sorry for a Scotland U19 player (off for a few days to Brighton to train) facing a 3 match ban due to being his third red card of season. 

 

To add to the craziness of that decision, SFA Performance Director Malky Mackay was on sportscene saying he didn't think it was a sending off. Nothing says fair process like a senior employee giving their verdict to the media a few days before the appeal panel. While at the same time any club who comments on the same decision risks being fined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
12 hours ago, thewiseone said:

Actually think the panels first decision is correct and they've caved in to " mob rule public pressure.

Weakness of character indeed says all about they eejits running the game.

You think the decision should have stood?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottie Wanshot.
On 23/02/2020 at 17:47, sadj said:


There are quite a few Chairmen of clubs who agree with you.......

 


So they don’t need to know the laws 🤪

 


so not a dive then?

as I said there was contact, but he made the most of it, happens all the time, NO not a red card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottie Wanshot.
On 24/02/2020 at 01:56, Smithee said:

 

It doesn't matter, he was clearly fouled. 

This whole thing is a result of the ref saying he saw no contact, that's what was submitted to the appeals panel, it's got nothing to do with what he made of it.

 

If there was contact it should have been overturned, end of story, and there was undoubtedly contact. 

 

definatly not a red card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
26 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

definatly not a red card.

he wasn't red carded for it, he got a yellow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottie Wanshot.
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

he wasn't red carded for it, he got a yellow

I thought he got sent off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fozzyonthefence
30 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

I thought he got sent off. 


2nd yellow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
3 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

as I said there was contact, but he made the most of it, happens all the time, NO not a red card.

FFS have you not got a Tele ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
6 hours ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

definatly not a red card.

No one said it was. He got a yellow for simulation as the ref said there had been no contact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mikey1874

Hearing is today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Theme From Sparta F.C.

They've overturned their original findings, and he can now play in the Final.

Common sense at last!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hackney Hearts
12 minutes ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

They've overturned their original findings

 

Didn't see that coming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redjambo
2 hours ago, Theme From Sparta F.C. said:

They've overturned their original findings, and he can now play in the Final.

Common sense at last!!!

 

Except that the SFA have gone out of their way to imply that there were very specific circumstances behind this decision and therefore that it doesn't mean that the system itself needs reviewing. So it's very ephemeral common sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tasavallan

The SFA is corrupt through all its layers.  A number of years ago my lad was in a SYFA SE Region U15 cup final.  It was the 2nd half, the teams were drawing 0-0.  The opposition team had a corner.  My lad was standing at half-way.  The keeper caught the ball and lumped it up-field to my son who had a clear run at goal.  He was taken down from behind just outside the penalty box, the defender fell on top of my son who wriggled free and got up to score.   The elderly (I am being kind) referee was still standing back in the penalty box but blew for a foul and eventually showed my son a red card.   

Offence was that in wriggling free from under the defender my son pushed the defender away.  8 games ban for a 14 year old and he missed a chance to play with a pro-youth team as a consequence.

We appealed the decision, I collected witness statements from many of the parents at the game including the father of the defender involved.  I went around to the association Chairman’s house to hand over our appeal.  The next day I get a phone call from the Chairman to tell me that our appeal was rejected due to not being submitting by the deadline of noon the previous day. I was 6 hours late due to work commitments trying to get through to Edinburgh from Glasgow.        

In retrospect I should have known that the referee’s decision would have been upheld regardless that he was unlikely to have seen clearly what happened – his eye sight was poor and he needed glasses wen not officiating.  Nevertheless the 8 games ban from the start of the next season still wrangles with me.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The SFA is corrupt through all its layers.  A number of years ago my lad was in a SYFA SE Region U15 cup final.  It was the 2nd half, the teams were drawing 0-0.  The opposition team had a corner.  My lad was standing at half-way.  The keeper caught the ball and lumped it up-field to my son who had a clear run at goal.  He was taken down from behind just outside the penalty box, the defender fell on top of my son who wriggled free and got up to score.   The elderly (I am being kind) referee was still standing back in the penalty box but blew for a foul and eventually showed my son a red card.   

Offence was that in wriggling free from under the defender my son pushed the defender away.  8 games ban for a 14 year old and he missed a chance to play with a pro-youth team as a consequence.

We appealed the decision, I collected witness statements from many of the parents at the game including the father of the defender involved.  I went around to the association Chairman’s house to hand over our appeal.  The next day I get a phone call from the Chairman to tell me that our appeal was rejected due to not being submitting by the deadline of noon the previous day. I was 6 hours late due to work commitments trying to get through to Edinburgh from Glasgow.        

In retrospect I should have known that the referee’s decision would have been upheld regardless that he was unlikely to have seen clearly what happened – his eye sight was poor and he needed glasses wen not officiating.  Nevertheless the 8 games ban from the start of the next season still wrangles with me.      

What happened was brutal. 

As you say all layers are corrupt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottie Wanshot.
On 26/02/2020 at 23:13, johnthomas said:

FFS have you not got a Tele ?

didn't watch the game, just seen the tackle on Tv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
7 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

didn't watch the game, just seen the tackle on Tv

And yet you think Keatings made a meal of it !

Get your aerial checked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee

What reason do we now have to believe in the anonymous panel members? If they employed one who couldn't be arsed can we really assume there aren't any others?

 

I've been against the concept of foreign refs, mainly because there isn't a pool of top class refs waiting for employment of a Saturday afternoon, but I see no reason we couldn't use open, transparent panels of foreign figures whose windows are safe from getting tanned in for appeals.

 

Well, no reason except it would remove secretive favouritism for Celtic and the hun.

Edited by Smithee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

What reason do we now have to believe in the anonymous panel members? If they employed one who couldn't be arsed can we really assume there aren't any others?

 

I've been against the concept of foreign refs, mainly because there isn't a pool of top class refs waiting for employment of a Saturday afternoon, but I see no reason we couldn't use open, transparent panels of foreign figures whose windows are safe from getting tanned in for appeals.

 

Well, no reason except it would remove secretive favouritism for Celtic and the hun.

 

It's not exactly secretive is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
9 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

It's not exactly secretive is it?

It very much is, it could have been walter smith, ally mccoist and ian Durant on the panel for all we know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
milky_26
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

It very much is, it could have been walter smith, ally mccoist and ian Durant on the panel for all we know.

can't have been, you are missing the celtic requirement so drop mccoist and put lawell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottie Wanshot.
16 hours ago, johnthomas said:

And yet you think Keatings made a meal of it !

Get your aerial checked

as I said, I seen the tackle on tv a few times, I dont have a ariel, I have a sky dish, think your tuned to the moon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
15 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

as I said, I seen the tackle on tv a few times, I dont have a ariel, I have a sky dish, think your tuned to the moon.

I often am . But I do know the difference between a dive and a blatant foul .

Maybe you should invest in a ariel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

It very much is, it could have been walter smith, ally mccoist and ian Durant on the panel for all we know.

 

I agree that with the panel but in general the bias towards both cheeks is hardly secretive. Which was my point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

I agree that with the panel but in general the bias towards both cheeks is hardly secretive. Which was my point. 

Obviously, but I'm not talking about secretive bias, I'm talking about secretive panels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Obviously, but I'm not talking about secretive bias, I'm talking about secretive panels.

 

Whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

 

Whatever. 

:laugh: bloody hell you're a moody sausage! I was just explaining what I meant, no need for a petted lip. Do you honestly think I was saying their bias towards the OF was a secret? Seriously?

 

"Whatever" :laugh2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scottie Wanshot.
On 29/02/2020 at 11:45, johnthomas said:

I often am . But I do know the difference between a dive and a blatant foul .

Maybe you should invest in a ariel

no Sky for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...