• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darren

• Ex member of the SaS

• JJ93

• sadj

35 minutes ago, Uche said:

Boycott Sportscene and Sportsound.  Stewart spoke out against that fat pleb Jim Traynor and is being hounded for it to appease Rangers.

Typical old firm response,they hate it when people speak out against them,put pressure and threats on the media,thank goodness for people like MS.

9 hours ago, Stendelsarmy said:

I think is someone says they've been the subject of racism you should believe them instead of demanding they provide you with evidence

This is horrendous advice. 

51 minutes ago, Uche said:

Boycott Sportscene and Sportsound.  Stewart spoke out against that fat pleb Jim Traynor and is being hounded for it to appease Rangers.

Boycott :rofl: 

...a bit disco
19 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Boycott :rofl: 

Or do what I do. Dinnae watch Sportscene and don't listen to Sportsound.

Sorted.

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, Stendelsarmy said:

I think is someone says they've been the subject of racism you should believe them instead of demanding they provide you with evidence

That’s absolute nonsense.

Ex member of the SaS
10 hours ago, Stendelsarmy said:

If you listen to MS you will find he condemns racism, However we need proof in our legal system otherwise people would fling accusation right left and center. If you remember there was a guy at Tynecastle pilloried in the media for alleged racist abuse of Morelos, but even though they had him on film no further action was taken. So YES we do need proof and not just Jabba claiming something happened, you can take anything he say with a pinch of salt. You may also remember Jabba claimed someone was tampering with the brakes and the now infamous translategate. So if Jabba claims it happened I certainly would want proof.

Before saying the following, I want to make it clear that I believe there should be zero tolerance of racism or any other form of discrimination, while also pointing out that Michael Stewart made it abundantly clear that he also abhorred racism.

I think some folk are culpable of employing double standards when demanding that Stewart should provide evidence of his claims against Jim Traynor. Jim Traynor himself carved out an entire career through reporting unsubstantiated bollox as fact, including a substantial period spent as a pundit for the BBC. This is the man who told us on the one hand in 2012 that no matter how he dressed it up, Charles Green was the owner of a new club with no history. A short time later, once he'd become Rangers* PR guru, Traynor ridiculed anyone who dared suggest the original club had died the death of liquidation!

Since Rangers death in 2012, the amount of bullsh1t coming out of Ibrox via official club statements hand-written by Traynor's distinctive royal blue crayon and reported verbatim in the media, including the BBC, would be sufficient to provide fertiliser for the Ibrox pitch for the next 140 years.

The ludicrous attempts at introducing squirrels to mitigate the actions of Columbia's angriest man are beyond futile and only serve to make Traynor look even more of a deluded buffoon than he already does. Does he seriously expect anyone to believe his childishly contrived propaganda? Surely even the peepul can't be that thick?

If I was Stewart, I would stand my ground, because the only proven way to beat a bully is to stand up to him. There's a very good reason why Dave King, arguably the world's most litigious man, decided against taking the football authorities to court when they supposedly deprived the club of millions of pounds by 'illegally relegating Rangers', namely that he knew he didn't have a legal leg to stand on and his claim would've been laughed out of court. The last place Rangers* want a debate taking place about their club continuity myth is a court of law.

I also suspect the last place Jim Traynor wants his works of fiction debated is a court of law. 

The publicly-funded BBC is supposed to be an independent, impartial and entirely unbiased organisation, yet it constantly kowtows and displays a groveling partiality to an eight year old delinquent club that has banned one of its journalists for daring to report incidents of sectarianism, a form of racism. How ironic. 

Edited by newbie

11 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

What legal action could be taken?

i suggest if there were grounds, action would already have been taken.

Michael Stewart simply asked some pertinent questions, which could not be answered so they’ve effectively shut him up

If Jim Traynor and/or The Daily Record were able to disprove Michael Stewart's seemingly unsubstantiated claims then there's grounds for a defamation case. But my guess is the BBC have looked at it and thought 'he could go on another rant sometime and land us in real trouble'. Is he worth that risk? Clearly not to the BBC.

4 hours ago, stan said:

You ever served on a jury? It's always appropriate to ask for some evidence!

The matter wasn't being looked at in a court of law. He made the comments in am interview.

If a work colleague told you they had been racially abused would you ask them to prove it otherwise you don't believe them?

3 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Or do what I do. Dinnae watch Sportscene and don't listen to Sportsound.

Sorted.

To be fair was never a chance you’d watch sportscene them new fangled tv’s and the like. You’ve nae chance of understanding how to work them...... Good on ya for no putting on the radiotelegraphy tunerer though 👍🏻

VagabondJambo
1 hour ago, newbie said:

Before saying the following, I want to make it clear that I believe there should be zero tolerance of racism or any other form of discrimination, while also pointing out that Michael Stewart made it abundantly clear that he also abhorred racism.

I think some folk are culpable of employing double standards when demanding that Stewart should provide evidence of his claims against Jim Traynor. Jim Traynor himself carved out an entire career through reporting unsubstantiated bollox as fact, including a substantial period spent as a pundit for the BBC. This is the man who told us on the one hand in 2012 that no matter how he dressed it up, Charles Green was the owner of a new club with no history. A short time later, once he'd become Rangers* PR guru, Traynor ridiculed anyone who dared suggest the original club had died the death of liquidation!

Since Rangers death in 2012, the amount of bullsh1t coming out of Ibrox via official club statements hand-written by Traynor's distinctive royal blue crayon and reported verbatim in the media, including the BBC, would be sufficient to provide fertiliser for the Ibrox pitch for the next 140 years.

The ludicrous attempts at introducing squirrels to mitigate the actions of Columbia's angriest man are beyond futile and only serve to make Traynor look even more of a deluded buffoon than he already does. Does he seriously expect anyone to believe his childishly contrived propaganda? Surely even the peepul can't be that thick?

If I was Stewart, I would stand my ground, because the only proven way to beat a bully is to stand up to him. There's a very good reason why Dave King, arguably the world's most litigious man, decided against taking the football authorities to court when they supposedly deprived the club of millions of pounds by 'illegally relegating Rangers', namely that he knew he didn't have a legal leg to stand on and his claim would've been laughed out of court. The last place Rangers* want a debate taking place about their club continuity myth is a court of law.

I also suspect the last place Jim Traynor wants his works of fiction debated is a court of law. 

The publicly-funded BBC is supposed to be an independent, impartial and entirely unbiased organisation, yet it constantly kowtows and displays a groveling partiality to an eight year old delinquent club that has banned one of its journalists for daring to report incidents of sectarianism, a form of racism. How ironic. 

Well said!

1 hour ago, Stendelsarmy said:

The matter wasn't being looked at in a court of law. He made the comments in am interview.

If a work colleague told you they had been racially abused would you ask them to prove it otherwise you don't believe them?

I'd ask them what had happened. Nothing to do with disbelieving. Journalists do the same. 

...a bit disco
40 minutes ago, sadj said:

To be fair was never a chance you’d watch sportscene them new fangled tv’s and the like. You’ve nae chance of understanding how to work them...... Good on ya for no putting on the radiotelegraphy tunerer though 👍🏻

Least I'm aux fait with electricity mate. 

Oh the dung fired lamps of auld Aberdeen...

Big Slim Stylee
23 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

As the conversation progressed he did indeed mention Traynor by name. He didn't explicitly name Traynor as the person behind the leak, but it was clear enough that he was trying to link the two. I suspect he thought he was being clever enough to walk the fine line but, as we all saw so many times during his playing days, he turned out not to be as good as he thought he was.  

MS is not as clever as MS thinks he is. Listening to that podcast, it’s difficult to follow his reasoning.

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Darren said:

If Jim Traynor and/or The Daily Record were able to disprove Michael Stewart's seemingly unsubstantiated claims then there's grounds for a defamation case. But my guess is the BBC have looked at it and thought 'he could go on another rant sometime and land us in real trouble'. Is he worth that risk? Clearly not to the BBC.

My guess is that Traynor and/or Sevco have threatened the BBC with action if they don't remove Stewart.  And the BBC like the obliging sycophantic arseholes they are, have complied.

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

My guess is that Traynor and/or Sevco have threatened the BBC with action if they don't remove Stewart.  And the BBC like the obliging sycophantic arseholes they are, have complied.

I’d imagine they have complained. Stewart made some serious accusations, albeit in a fairly muddled and garbled fashion with absolutely zero hard evidence.

I’m not sure how you would want the BBC to react? They’re not suspending him as he’s not an employee. Confirming he won’t be on air with them until the matter is looked at further is only to be expected in this situation.

Ex member of the SaS
11 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I’d imagine they have complained. Stewart made some serious accusations, albeit in a fairly muddled and garbled fashion with absolutely zero hard evidence.

I’m not sure how you would want the BBC to react? They’re not suspending him as he’s not an employee. Confirming he won’t be on air with them until the matter is looked at further is only to be expected in this situation.

Stewart does have evidence though. He stated Jabba had submitted his story to White, something Jabba at first denied, White confirmed it happened, then Jabba tried to justify it by saying every journalist does it. So MS has the proof and that is obviously why Jabba has not threatened court action.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Stewart does have evidence though. He stated Jabba had submitted his story to White, something Jabba at first denied, White confirmed it happened, then Jabba tried to justify it by saying every journalist does it. So MS has the proof and that is obviously why Jabba has not threatened court action.

Yep.

He didn't say Traynor planted that story but Rangers have history including the use of  Traynor in signing off how information is put in the public domain.

Big Slim Stylee
18 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

But that is historical and nothing to do with the more current claims Stewart was making?

The Real Maroonblood
46 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

So what are their "editorial guidelines" as they apply to this situation? I'd genuinely like to know...

Probably if it involves the arse cheeks .

Sweep sweep.

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Yep.

He didn't say Traynor planted that story but Rangers have history including the use of  Traynor in signing off how information is put in the public domain.

Traynor did this very thing last year :planted a story saying Morelos was moving to a Chinese club for  a ludicrously high transfer fee. Unfortunately for him , a (BBC ?) journalist contacted the Chinese club in question who said it was all nonsense.  Traynor was confronted by the journalist at a press conference but he went on the warpath and demanded an apology. 

SectionDJambo

There is little doubt that Traynor will produce stories to deflect and fool the masses. That’s probably what he was hired for. Rangers will know that the majority of their hordes will believe anything they are told, especially if they can stick a wee bit onto the story to suggest that somebody is out to get them.

He will also have bullying the soft press in Scotland as part of his remit.

It could be argued that he’s doing a great job.

Rangers and Celtic have always had the underlying and unmentioned threat of mob rule against anyone who tries to expose their business practices and sectarian power base.

Michael Stewart, for all I’m not sure if I have much respect for way he carries himself, is a brave man to take on Traynor. From what he said about himself being mentioned as part of the blame for trying to do harm to wee Alfredo, Stewart seems to think that he has to fight back, verbally, or like all good propagandists, the masses will believe Traynor’s alleged promptings that he was complicit in encouraging that harm.

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, sadj said:

Image result for watching a microwave gif

How the **** do I get Love Island on this thing...

30 minutes ago, Darren said:

The BBC's editorial guidelines are available here. How they have been applied to this specific situation, you'd have to ask them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/editorialguidelines/guidelines

If the guidelines are as specified, there should be no need to ask for clarification as it should be crystal clear.

The fact it is not, is proof to me they shit the bed.

Without referring at all to Michael Stewart, Stuart Cosgrove talked on Saturday Off the Ball about saying controversial things live on air. 

They were discussing that Craig Whyte's interview was recorded and had been vetted. He said you had more leeway live as you could argue 'fair comment / opinion' live but harder to do if material is recorded. 

Michael Stewart was live as far as we know. 

IveSeenTheLight
6 hours ago, Darren said:

so in effect censored to appease the blue cheek

IveSeenTheLight
6 hours ago, Stendelsarmy said:

I’d guess any normal person would recommend that they take it to HR and with a sympathetic ear, one of the first questions that would be asked if there were anyone else in the vicinity (witness) that could corroborate the case.

5 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Least I'm aux fait with electricity mate. 

Oh the dung fired lamps of auld Aberdeen...

sorry just taken me this long to get the dial up modem working to reply.....

On 18/02/2020 at 23:08, Stendelsarmy said:

Why should you?

The SFA didn't when Larryea Kingston got himself sent off at Tynecasrle and (allegedly) claimed racial discrimination.

Unfortunately for him, the referee was Steve Conroy who I believe was the only top ref in Scotland who was married to a black lady.

Well we will see the metal of the man now. He had undoubtedly been told to say what he likes about anyone he likes apart from either side of the Old Filth. We will see just how credible Michael Stewart actually is now. Quite remarkable just how much sway Traynor and Sevco have over the media here.

Guest ToqueJambo

Still worth pointing out:

Stewart: Months of highly personal attacks on Levein - nothing, no apology. Original podcast stays available

Entire Sportsound team: Highly personal attack on McPhee including name-calling - grudging apology several days later. Original podcast stays available

Stewart calls out JT for doing what everyone knows JT does - apology the next day and immediate suspension. Recording not made available on podcast

9 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Hope he continues to destroy Traynor and the old firm mafia

He’ll  more likely tow the party line when it comes to the old firm to save his job and still be his controversial self when speaking about anyone else. 

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

He will get right back on attacking Hearts whilst bending over for the old firm boaby 

I agree he has problem with us but he hasn't missed Der hun on occasion .

Not so sure about the other chaps

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, stevie1874 said:

He’ll  more likely tow the party line when it comes to the old firm to save his job and still be his controversial self when speaking about anyone else. 

I don't think Stewart needs to "save his job". His stint at United made him quite a wealthy individual.

BTW, "available for selection". :facepalm:

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Wings clipped.

Fairness and accuracy didn't seem important to them when he was spouting his shite about us (mainly CL).