• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darren

• Ex member of the SaS

• JJ93

• sadj

Ok when they were ripping into CL and AM?

The BBC censored by Jim Traynor and Rangers, the crazy thing is that nobody is really shocked by this. 

16 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Its ok Malky Mackay is ready to take

over !

Often a big critic of MS but he is way ahead of the usual suspects , including his (Ernie Wise) sidekick

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

Ok when they were ripping into CL and AM?

The BBC censored by Jim Traynor and Rangers, the crazy thing is that nobody is really shocked by this. 

Farcical,isn’t it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

BBC Scotland are in a constant state of shitting their pants. They have some of the worst, incoherent pundits going and they bottle it any time they have to get stuck into the Old Firm.

I like Michael Stewart as a pundit. I know he can be controversial at times but is that not his job ?

Absolute joke if he has been sacked because he said didn't stick to the fluffy narrative about Rangers.

I like many have had a pop at Stewart especially on here but I think he’s being attacked by the Weegie Media Mafia of which Jabba is the Don. The BBC are a disgrace for going along with this and are made players in the Mafioso. 

Ex member of the SaS

So the BBC restrict their punters from saying anything bad about Sevco or Traynor? What happened to the independent broadcaster they are supposed to be?

Why am I paying for a TV licence, if I can't hear the truth? Time we stood up to this tax. 

Brick Tamland

The BBC are no different to any of the other Scottish media. They are a spineless and Celtic/Sevco lickspittle organisation who show political and editorial bias on a daily basis and the fact that they have not backed MS over a Sevco PR employee really speaks volumes about their integrity as an independent broadcaster. @Cruyff calls it correct with censorship but the question has to be why they are desperate to suck the Sevco boaby despite them being barred from Ibrox because of their stance with one of their reporters? 
I really do despise the journalism and media in our country. 

Ex member of the SaS

Strange, there was a post earlier in this thread I was going to quote " who do we play in the cup? " or words to that effect but it's gone.

Incredible really, and nothing will be raised or done to clean up the corruption throughout BBC Scotland (Glasgow)

Old Firm call the shots and their crooks have a lot of power

Gillsland jack

I expect Michael will come out fighting if the BBC try to shaft him out the door over this...…...I think they know this also....so I expect them to kiss and make up, alternatively,  Michael will get snapped up by one of the other broadcasters and go on to bigger and better in the future...just saying.

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Strange, there was a post earlier in this thread I was going to quote " who do we play in the cup? " or words to that effect but it's gone.

My comment got removed as well. 

JKB censorship just like the BBC! 

25 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It's on the "The Sun says Stendel has lost the dressing room thread" mate.

The BBC in Scotland sport department is just not even pretending to be impartial any more. Stewart was free to kick Levein, warranted or not week in week out for months. To the point where he wouldn't even mention his name after he had a heart attack.

Has a pop at the zombies and it's like he's interfered with an animal. Ridiculous

2 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

I expect Michael will come out fighting if the BBC try to shaft him out the door over this...…...I think they know this also....so I expect them to kiss and make up, alternatively,  Michael will get snapped up by one of the other broadcasters and go on to bigger and better in the future...just saying.

I don't think Stewart will lose out financially.  He's proved he's more than a match as a pundit for anyone so Sky, BT, Premier etc will take him up plus newspapers.

Or earn a lot more with BEIN etc.

I thimk the BBC do some and commission great drama, documentaries, sports coverage, radio and so on to make the current licence fee dexrnt value for money (it's about half the weekly fee to subscribe to the Sun ffs) but this pandering by the Sportsound production to all things Sevco is embarrassing.  

Apart from when they are doing a live broadcast from another ground they should read out their results and that's it.

I think Stewart is a tosser, but the way he's got these Rangers fans on tenterhooks is ****ing priceless.

I think it's shocking that he's being treated this way by his employer too. He's a football pundit who is paid to give opinions and speak the truth. One thing I will say for Stewart, he's not one to hold his water and beat around the bush, and that's a breath of fresh air in modern punditry.

As others have said, he's attacked Hearts in the media countless times with little fanfare. A 5 minute clip where he speaks out of turn about Rangers press officer, and he's all but sacked. What a shit show our country is.

Haven't opened link to see what if anything is being asked of him but Stewart can be quite stubborn and principled so if they are asking for an apology,  I doubt it will be coming.

SectionDJambo

This could blow up in the faces of BBC Glasgow. If he leaves them, whether resigning or sacked, he could blow the lid off what the attitudes are, behind the microphones and cameras, towards the old firm and the sectarian power base they have in Scotland.

Michael Stewart is a freelancer so he won't be resigning or getting sacked. He's free to work for whoever he wants, just as the BBC are perfectly entitled not to use his services.

Kidd’s Boots

Not sure of Stewart’s status with the BBC. He may be a self employed contractor/contributor based on the work he does for other media organisations, and if so, they simply won’t bring him back on the shows on that basis. The BBC, or us as funders of the BBC via the license fee, would be liable for any legal action Sevco or Traynor might pursue and are distancing themselves imo on this basis. Its a lot easier to let go of your water if you are a self employed contractor rather than an employee contracted to terms and conditions of employment. 

12 minutes ago, Darren said:

Michael Stewart is a freelancer so he won't be resigning or getting sacked. He's free to work for whoever he wants, just as the BBC are perfectly entitled not to use his services.

He can work for Sky Sport, BT Sport and Premium Sport all at the same time if he wants too, and for more money than on offer from BBC Scotland.  And Gary Lineker works for other broadcasters not just for BBC MOTD.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Ironically proving his point.

I think Michael will drag this as far as he can for this reason alone

There's a big difference between a pundit criticising a football manager - where he has a defence of fair comment as it is part of his job - and making seemingly unsubstantiated claims against a PR executive and a newspaper.

Stewart as a broadcaster is similar to how he was as a player - riled far too easily and prone to making mistakes.

I'd imagine the BBC see him as a loose cannon who's not worth the risk. As Kidd's Boots says, it's a lot easier to say "thanks but no thanks" to a contractor than it is to potentially pay damages because a pundit can't control himself.

The problem is (as @Justin Z pointed out previously), he made a mess of his allegations, by not doing enough research and due dilligence first. He more than likely is in breach of their editorial standards, and so he's made it easy for Jabba to insist on his removal. If he had just done abit more prep first, then he'd be winning right now. It's a shame though, because I agree with him on this point, despite not caring for him very much as a pundit usually.

The Mercer Takeover

The BBC programme "Off the ball" gets away with this kind of stuff every week, without any comeback. Yet because Rangers are the target here and the Beeb is pandering to them, they pursue this agenda.

Disgusting.

Going by what's been said about Stewart on here over a long period I thought it was only Hearts and Levein he had an issue with. Or maybe that was just the paranoid and heads in the sand brigade who looked to twist and call out on anything he said. Oops!

Wonder who Stewart will "offend" next time!?

MS made claims about manipulative behaviour which he had no evidence to back up, whatever the truth of the allegation. It's not the same as disliking our former manager and his evidently biased comments there.

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

It's on the "The Sun says Stendel has lost the dressing room thread" mate.

The BBC in Scotland sport department is just not even pretending to be impartial any more. Stewart was free to kick Levein, warranted or not week in week out for months. To the point where he wouldn't even mention his name after he had a heart attack.

Has a pop at the zombies and it's like he's interfered with an animal. Ridiculous

Cheers Jam, Skip through the threads and must have got them mixed up.

ToadKiller Dog

He will be a shadow of himself if he goes back to the Beeb ,with out them defending him publicly. 

The beeb rather than say Traynor isnt here to defend himself ,should have offered the chance for the toad to appear on the show at some point .

This is all about bbc sportsound cowardice ,the way they defended Jim Spence (or didnt  ) was exactly the same .

2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Glasgow Broadcasting Company.

100%.

Spot on. Speak the truth and get cut off at the knees.

There's a ton of evidence to back up what MS said: insane Traynor hun statements, Craig Whyte book, Morelos media nonsense straight from Traynor.  

Ex member of the SaS

IF Traynor thought anything MS said was incorrect don't you think he would have MS in court by now? Everything MS said is true and most if not all know it. Traynor has a big stick over the BBC and nothing they report can be taken at face value.

17 minutes ago, stan said:

MS made claims about manipulative behaviour which he had no evidence to back up, whatever the truth of the allegation. It's not the same as disliking our former manager and his evidently biased comments there.

This is the crux of it.

He went on a rant and said Jim Traynor is a bully.

For a pundit whose main trope seems to be shouting "what's your evidence?" it was an act of extreme folly to pile in on someone without any evidence to back up his claims.

BBC well within their rights to act as they have done.

34 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I've still no idea what MS said that was incorrect. If I was him I'd tell them to bolt, total Traynor and Sevco lickers. 

I've still no idea what he ACTUALLY said.

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Stewart should have walked from the BBC.     

Maybe he would have if BT weren't losing all the Scottish games next season.